CATHOLIC GENERAL - /CG/ - Apostolic Fathers

CATHOLIC GENERAL - Apostolic Fathers Edition
>DEDICATED CATHOLIC GENERALS EVERY SUNDAY AND HOLY DAYS.

THREAD THEME SONG : youtube.com/watch?v=H3v9unphfi0

Everyone is welcome.
Discuss news, ask question, give answers, be kind to one another.

Here your daily readings
ewtn.com/daily-readings/

For all protestants and to whom thinks the Catholic Church has poisoned or changed the doctrine, i recommed you guys to read the Apostolic Fathers, the people who literally met some of the Apostles newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Apostolic_Fathers of the First Century.

Then compare it with your beliefs and doctrine, and compare it to our doctrine.

We have a Group for Telegram, lets grow our faith together!.
> The phone number?
Yes, Nobody can see it anyway, still better than WhatsApp or Discord.
>Catholic Group
t.me/Catholic_Sword
>Christian Group (for all denominations and who are interested)
t.me/christian_8ch
>Main Channel
t.me/CorpusChristi

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!

>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Seek your closest Latin Mass!
latinmassdir.org/
>Documents of Vatican II
vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/index.htm
>Laudate App and iPieta App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
ipieta.com/

>Collection of Posts
pastebin.com/w0tEeC80
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/VrB4FRdK
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/9SiuTJzj
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/G3xKa9kkç

Attached: Clemens_Romanus.jpg (494x618, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Apostolic_Fathers
streamable.com/m2s3b
latinmassdir.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8
newadvent.org/images/rosary.pdf
youtu.be/MXURvkpUdto
youtu.be/o1q6yULRGZo
sg.news.yahoo.com/pope-compares-child-sex-abuse-human-sacrifice-095907893.html
breitbart.com/faith/2019/02/22/pope-francis-feminism-machismo-skirt/
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2019/02/15/pope-francis-liturgy-is-not-about-a-past-that-no-longer-exists-or-a-presumed-future/?platform=hootsuite
pastebin.com/G3xKa9kkç
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Blessed Sexagesima to you and yours in Christ user, may all glorify His name and seek His law this day.

Thanks. God bless you user.

Attached: 815093109124152.jpg (850x400, 74K)

>For all protestants and to whom thinks the Catholic Church has poisoned or changed the doctrine, i recommed you guys to read the Apostolic Fathers, the people who literally met some of the Apostles newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Apostolic_Fathers of the First Century.
This seems to be missing the part about why it's fine for priests to diddle kids and for the Church to cover it up. Or has that always been part of the Church's teachings and that's why they excluded it?
Please advise.

bump

Attached: 3.png (2472x1118, 294K)

test

I love god but I hate the church. What the fuck am I?
A few minutes ago my sister was here and i sperged because she committed blasphemy

Attached: 1529118633163.png (2662x2177, 667K)

numbers.
>This seems to be missing the part about why it's fine for priests to diddle kids and for the Church to cover it up.
This Problem exists also in the Evangelic Church

>I love god but I hate the church
do you hate the church how it is currently (globalistic, marxist etc) or do you hate the concept of church entirely?

streamable.com/m2s3b
It is easy to go to Heaven,Christ did all the work already

Attached: j1.jpg (2028x1549, 1.26M)

>do you hate the church how it is currently (globalistic, marxist etc)
this. Also a "facelift" of the church would be nice. They aren't attracting new followers nowadays
Im not implying that the church should completely change but they really need some programs to get followers in. Right now I have nothing from the church except paying taxes

Attached: 1531516007884.png (1008x546, 545K)

I agree with you, I am also not a fan of the Novus Ordo. Try a TLM, preferably FSSP/FSSPX, they are less cucked and against the Novus Ordo which is responsible for the marxism in the church. latinmassdir.org/

Attached: tlm.jpg (1632x1224, 737K)

youtube.com/watch?v=L14UNjaZJm8

Attached: Against memes.jpg (1365x2185, 451K)

Hello to everyone! Have you prayed your Rosary and went to mass?

newadvent.org/images/rosary.pdf

Attached: 1534327245757.jpg (2026x2658, 369K)

oh thanks for reposting, i'm OP

sorry i was busy in the cathequism and didn't notice it was archieved, now by accident i made another without looking at this one.

Yes!

>People still follow this pedo cult

>Thinking few sinner priests represent an entire cult

I have been praying my Rosary counter-clockwise, but this picture shows a clockwise progression. Is either wrong, or are both correct?

Attached: 1550404932672.jpg (1920x1080, 551K)

Perhaps the problem lies with organized Christianity then.
>actually, most muslims are peace-loving, terrorists don't represent them
>actually, most spics are hardworking, criminals don't represent them
>EY YO HOL UP, MOST NIGGAS BE TIGHT, WE AINT FROM THAT STREET SHIT
You make this too easy.

I bet the aussie is a pagacuck

yeah I saw it was already archived and thought you wouldn't do another one so I copied it. Better to have 2 than 0 I guess
Yes you have to do it clockwise because of the order of the decades. Glad i could help

Daily reminder to visit your nearest SSPX church.

>Perhaps the problem lies with organized Christianity then.
I think the problem lies with allowing gay priests to preach.

Attached: Pedo Problem.1.png (508x488, 197K)

>Be catholic
>Go to huge church filled with gold and tropical woods
>Have to tell some virgin you were bad
>He says okay thats fine go donate some money and you will be alright
>All memeing aside pedophilia and corruption have run rampant for centuries
>Have to jump through hoops and live a boring life to get into heaven

>Be Protestant
>Everything is just between you and god
>Ask the big guy for forgiveness directly
>Dont have to go to some Huge decadent building but instead a cozy church
>Priest can marry
>You get in if you have been a good boy (Yes gays can make it in)

Attached: classic.png (380x349, 70K)

Also read Meditations on the Tarot by Valentin Tomberg.

It's not about the money but making "sacrifices" of things you value for example. As you say protestantism is like "uh, I can do what I want I'll go heaven anyways". That's pure bad

Mods have the power to clean Jow Forums up... but instead promote degeneracy and ATTEMPT to silence truth or board culture..
>mods are going to hell
A fair and balanced video on the theory that Trump is in a secret society mystery school..
>is trump a mason???
>is trump a member of Plus Ultra?

Find out here
youtu.be/MXURvkpUdto

Bonus Based live stream with great live callers
youtu.be/o1q6yULRGZo
Stay true to yourselves and fuck subversive Mods, Jannies and Jews

Stop TRYING to ban me you faggot leftist C U C K and CLEAN THIS BOARD UP!!.!.

Checked and blessed, ty user

Attached: 1550417663486.jpg (736x1454, 297K)

you are great fren, thanks

Get out of this thread you schizo. Walt Disney was a Mason, and that plus ultra thing is literally an ARG by (((Disney)))

Why don't you do something useful instead of poisoning the well?

Kike.

Yeah what ever you say pablo.

44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and he stood not in the truth; because truth is not in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father thereof.

45 But if I say the truth, you believe me not.

46 Which of you shall convince me of sin? If I say the truth to you, why do you not believe me?

47 He that is of God, heareth the words of God. Therefore you hear them not, because you are not of God.

Attached: 2492.jpg (2048x1665, 582K)

Viva Cristo Rey, Repent friend

The eternal butthurt protestant. Can't you counter answer?

Redpill me on priestly celibacy. It seems to me that priestly celibacy is anti-biblical. In 1 Timothy 3:1-7, for example, Paul implies that priests will often be married. While elsewhere Paul says that those called to be celibate are best-suited for the priesthood, the fact that requirements for how a priest relates to his family seems to me to mean that being married wasn’t meant to be disqualifying in the historic Christian Church.

Whats there to say?
You justify the churching saying you are good to go if you give us cash.

I mean why dont you just go be a Scientologist they do the same thing

here we talk about Jesus

You are justifying being bad and a sinner because protestant just say you can go heaven without sacrifices and doing whatever you want. It's not about to reach higher levels like scientolgy church but giving up important things you care. Like meat on fridays, food on Lent etc

Actually, my understanding is that the Church position that Priests not be married is not part of the Deposit of Faith or alleged to be a scriptural prohibition, but rather is a tradition which the Church has determined allows the Priest’s attention not to be divided and is based, in part, on Paul’s asserted preference for the life of celibacy.

There are more practical reasons, Catholic priests are more busy than the protestants, they have more duties and in comparison with orthodox, being celibate without kids makes it easier to go and evangelize without fear or attachment.

Yes, priestly celibacy is small "t" tradition. Its not "T" Tradition, which is the Deposit of Faith. It can be changed any time by the will of the Pope, as previous Popes allowed the ordination of married priests by Eastern Catholic Churches as well as Pope Benedict XVI allowed the ordination of married priests from the Anglican Communion in the Ordinariate.

Pope Francis on Sunday compared the sexual abuse of children to human sacrifice as he addressed the Catholic Church's top bishops at the end of a landmark summit to tackle paedophilia.

"Our work has made us realise once again that the gravity of the scourge of the sexual abuse of minors is, and historically has been, a widespread phenomenon in all cultures and societies," he said.

"I am reminded of the cruel religious practice, once widespread in certain cultures, of sacrificing human beings – frequently children – in pagan rites," he added.

Is he finally waking up, or is this just more words?

Attached: pfr.jpg (768x512, 46K)

Forgot sauce. Here:

sg.news.yahoo.com/pope-compares-child-sex-abuse-human-sacrifice-095907893.html

He trigged the feminists 2 days ago with this: breitbart.com/faith/2019/02/22/pope-francis-feminism-machismo-skirt/
But I still don't trust him.

Would be about fucking time baka

Shots fired, we must support him now, elites will try to silence him

Will the Greeks ever retake Constantinople? We should help our Greek brothers.

Reminder that if you worship Jesus, you literally worship a jewish rabbi.

Also, reminder that you people love racemixing and would rather have a non-white Christian Europe than a white non-Christian Europe.

KIKETIANITY RAUS

Attached: j460-1.jpg (300x180, 9K)

Impossible, since Turkey is now bff with Putin.

How's middle school treating you?

Read:

>Would rather have a non-white Christian Europe than a white non-Christian Europe.

How's being a miserable pagacuck? You thunder false god or your cloud false god or your tomatoes false god punish you?

Watch Calvary

Attached: calvary.jpg (500x500, 40K)

Catholic is dead where I live. I went to a church this morning looking to find a gf and I see are old men and women and a few nuns going to Church.

He has been saying a lot of out of character things recently, even going so far as rejecting a plea from Maduro to diffuse the situation in Venezuela. Maybe he realized who his friends are in the Vatican after all. This could go either way.
>catholicherald.co.uk/news/2019/02/15/pope-francis-liturgy-is-not-about-a-past-that-no-longer-exists-or-a-presumed-future/?platform=hootsuite

>I went to a church this morning looking to find a gf
Stay away

I doubt you will find a gf in a Novus Ordo parish desu.
Look for TLM parishes nearby, especially the SSPX.

It's the only place where you can find a trad white woman

>TLM parishes

Aren't those the ones filled with pedo priests?

>Recommended Music
>pastebin.com/G3xKa9kkç
The link is dead

You must be retarded, right?

Why is the Vatican so beautiful? Why can't we into beauty anymore? Why do we live in a era so ugly?

Attached: Pope Leo XII.jpg (2048x1536, 649K)

>It's the only place where you can find a trad white woman
If you don't have a legitimate interest in Catholicism and are only looking for "trad gf" then fuck of to Mormonism or Islam.
>Aren't those the ones filled with pedo priests?
Once again, you have no idea what you are talking about. If you walk into a TLM with zero prior knowledge of Catholicism you will be turned away.

Oh sorry, i will make another for the next thread

i'm the Real OP, sorry! i will make another for the next thread

Christians explain.

Attached: 4F918EFC-A360-4E57-8266-EA4D5EF13F74.jpg (750x729, 146K)

No need to apologize, and thanks

Attached: GodInvitingChristDetail.jpg (421x425, 35K)

compare Catholic doctrine to this

Above all Christians are not allowed to correct by violence sinful wrongdoings
- Clement

>The Christian does not hurt even his enemy
- Tertullian

>None of us offers resistance when he is seized, or avenges himself for your unjust violence, although our people are numerous and plentiful…it is not lawful for us to hate, and so we please God more when we render no requital for injury…we repay your hatred with kindness
- Cyprian

>Hitherto I have served you as a soldier; allow me now to become a soldier to God. Let the man who is to serve you receive your donative. I am a soldier of Christ; it is not permissible for me to fight
- Martin

>"Love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you.” ( Mt 5.44 , Lu 6.27 , Lu 6.3 ) “Do not use force against an evil man.” ( Mt 5.39 ) “Do not resist evil with evil.” “Forgive and you will be forgiven.” (Lu 6.37 ) “Do not be anxious about your life.”( Lu 12.22 ) “In everything do to others as you would have them do to you.” (Mat 7.12 )
>“Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God; for it is written, ‘Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.’”

I wonder which is more consistent?
really MILLS the STEERINGWHEEL

Based ,user
We must beware of worshiping false pretender gods

Attached: 22885.jpg (284x400, 66K)

God's free gift of eternal life.

Attached: gospel-tract (2).jpg (1056x816, 486K)

My Aunt is a former Nun.
She regularly calls into this conservative radio station (WJR in Detroit) and gives different opinions about current events.
Some of her most famous comments about the Catholic church (which neither she, my parents and siblings, and many other family members no longer belong to) are:
>"There are only 3 things wrong with the Catholic Church: The Bishops, The Bishops, and The Bishops".
Now if you know how the hierarchy works, you understand how astute this is.
Another beauty is:
>"The Christian Church is supposed to be a Hospital for Sinners, NOT a Club for Saints.
Now most if us did not voluntarily leave the Catholic Church, it left us...

FYI, Those of us who have rejoined a Church are mostly Presbyterians.

>"There are only 3 things wrong with the Catholic Church: The Bishops, The Bishops, and The Bishops".
She's absolutely right. The current episcopacy is probably one of the worst in history. The quantity of faithless men who have sold themselves to the world is astonishing. I have hopes for the new generation tho.

>I have hopes for the new generation tho.

I wish I did

If your faith depends on men and not on God, you didn't have faith in the first place

well the Hospital of Sinners was a saying inside of the Catholic Church btw..

Attached: 1528061063454.gif (602x550, 140K)

Attached: 050.jpg (614x720, 124K)

>If your faith depends on men and not on God, you didn't have faith in the first place

>well the Hospital of Sinners was a saying inside of the Catholic Church btw..

Making these 2 statements after what was clearly posted here:
shows that you lack critical thinking.

You are like a virus. Please keep your idiocy to yourself

i will offer my holy hour for you my friend