Help an introvert out

Anons, preferably girls, if a guy you never talked to before wears a shirt of your favorite anime/show/band ( and it's a rare thing to see someone like that thing you love ) would you try striking up a conversation with him? In a school setting?

What if both of you're the shy type?

Attached: operationlove.png (1152x648, 36K)

For sure

Even if you never talked to me before?
We're both seniors so we genuinely know both of us exist for 4 years now but I doubt she knows I like the music she likes and that's really really rare where I'm from.

Too try hard. Get normal clothes.

>anime
yikes
>show
ehh
>band
should be okay

The risk is that they could be an embarrassing sperg, but otherwise why not? Shy people generally respond well conversing with those who share their interests.

I've worn normal clothes for the past 4 years and that didn't make her talk to me :(

Bumping and going to sleep, try to keep the thread alive fellows

Talk to her yourself and casually mention your favourite band and act suprised when she likes it too. Idk. I once wore a yung lean short to school and some girl walked by and commented that wow cool shirt but I think it's the most you are gonna get, and not even that when it's someone shy. Your scenario sounds like from a teenager movie.

I've never talked to her I just can't. I barely know her name, she maybe doesn't know mine.
>Your scenario sounds like from a teenager movie.
Well if I make it I'm gonna write a scenario for one based on a true event and you'll get a ticket for the premier for free

Wait. OP is trying to attract a girl by wearing a graphic t-shirt? Fucking gross.

Well you're the first person both here and on Jow Forums that said that so maybe it's not the OP but you?

Maybe I'm the first person being honest with you. If you think a shirt is going to help you have a normal interaction with some girl you've been creeping on, then think again my socially maladjusted friend.

Like she literally re-think her personal taste because you make everything look so shitty.

Got em.

Good one.

I mean yeah or ill try talk to them like a simple hi in the halls

That's enough. It was nothing before it so anything is good. Even just a simple "Nice shirt" will be enough, I could probably make a conversation out of that.

>that didn't make her talk to me :(
Yeah because you are purely passive like a girl and she looks for an actual active male who can say hello and strike up a casual conversation.

I can't be what I'm not

Fair enough, good luck

maybe but its nothing more that a conversation piece, nothing to do with attraction or anything else.

An incredibly small fraction of guys approach girls. Most girls sit around thinking they're trash because guys never approach them. Just talk to her, man. You'll impress her with almost no effort on your part -- if you happen to show interest in something she likes that's a plus.

Just talk to her you retard

This.
Wearing a stupid shirt isn’t going to make the girl talk to you. Even if she did you sound so beta you wouldn’t know what to do from there. Grab your balls and talk to her.

No.

I doubt she'll think much, first of she probably had a boyfriend before so she's used to it. What can I offer than he couldn't? It's just not worth the risk. I would gladly talk to her if an opportunity arises but in front of both of out groups of friends without any reason I just couldn't
It's not as simple as you guys put it.
>you sound so beta you wouldn’t know what to do from there
I would be able to talk to her normally I can guarantee you that. It's just the first contact I'm having problems with. I'm not as far gone as some people here who can't even say a simple sentence to a girl

Ok

no

>I would be able to talk to her normally I can guarantee you that.
>”will wearing an anime shirt make this girl talk to me?”

You’re a turbo beta

Think of it as you will but I have absolutely no problems talking to girls I know it's just that I can't do the first contact thing. Other than that I can even flirt a bit although I fail when it comes to asking for dates and stuff like that.

>You’re a turbo beta
Yes we're on Jow Forums correct

How are you going to ask for advice then try to argue with the people giving you advice? I’m telling you for a fact that if you don’t know how to approach her, then you won’t know how to talk to her even if you get the chance. End of story, period. Don’t like it? Too bad faggot. You shouldn’t have waited 4 years to post this thread either. Fucking beta.

It's literally that easy, people like talking to others so just do it faggot. And if you're too much of a pussy, message her on facebook and say "Hey, I noticed that you liked I also like."

Yes. If it one of the things I like but rarely see it out "in the wild", I will fight my shyness/anxiety to come talk to you about it.

>What can I offer than he couldn't? It's just not worth the risk.
You're doomed.

Thank you for your professional insight.
I just can't user. It's way out of my character.
That's the dream right there, thanks.
I had my doubts

I'm a girl and I think this is stupid. No, I wouldn't approach you only because you are wearing something indicating that we may like the same tv series or band. If you want to talk with her, be the one to approach.... It's way easier and less convoluted than baiting her with band t-shirts. She probably either went even notice what you are wearing or will think "oh he happens to like the same thing as me, cool" and won't think about it ever again.

Most pathetic thread of the year

I'm not OP but why the fuck do you girls you're inclined to have guys come up to you? Why can't you be the one to approach? In 90% of cases only Chads approach and then you whine how you can't find a good guy.

I think OP is fine, why shouldn't he be the one being approached

t. OP

>Why can't you be the one to approach?
Evolutionary biology.

It's unnatural for girls to approach. In almost all cultures and historical periods men were the ones to approach, woo and win over women. It's not our fault that you are too beta to chat a girl up but it's a red flag. If a man can't muster the courage to approach a woman, how can a woman rely on him? How is he supposed to be the head of the family, the protector of his wife and children if he doesn't have balls to do something perfectly natural, harmless and mundane? It really says awful lot about guy's character if he is throwing a tantrum because chicks won't suddenly grow dicks and pursue him as if he were some pure maiden.

>complain about other people doing x
>does x

It's difficult for me to approach, it's a mental thing I can't just change it like that.
I'm diagnosed with Social Anxiety disorder it's not like I'm talking out of my ass. It's really not that simple.
2019 only started so that's not such a big achievement
It isn't me I swear.
I don't agree with the point about only Chads approaching but I do agree that it's kinda pushed on us that we HAVE to be the first ones to make contact

Okay can we just not derail this thread? I'm looking for an advice on wearing a shirt not a critic of society.

This

Nobody is going to approach you just because of your shirt unless it's really obscure and you both happen to be into it.

It is obscure ( where I'm from ) and we're both 100% into it.

Are you baiting? You’ve already got plenty of advice fag. It’s just not the kind you want to hear, little bitch.

The either grow balls and approach or don't and stay incel. I'm sick and tired of hearing guys using excuses all the time and making asking out a girl to be some big scary thing. Social anxiety my ass. I was shy too but got over myself because I wanted to advance in life instead of hiding before some ambiguous illnesses and excuses. When I was 18 just thinking about asking girl out made me shake and puke. But I got over it and so can you if you care enough to put some work into it.

She still won't approach you, unless you are 9/10 and she is shamelessly desperate. Sorry bud.

Women are not "shy" in the sense that there's nothing negative about being shy as a woman, as perceived by society. If being shy is negative (and of course it is) it only applies to guys.
You could try looking for girls who wear the t-shirt of something you like, like a band, and talk to them. I'm pretty sure it won't happen the other way around.
Also remember that the more you talk to random people the better you get at it. It won't matter if your conversations aren't interesting, just spy a bit on other people's conversations and you'll notice they are super boring as well.

>It’s just not the kind you want to hear
Most people said yes both here and on r9k, keep in mind what r9k is. I don't understand what you're trying to say? I'm happy with the answers I got.
>Social anxiety my ass
You don't have to believe my but I'm really diagnosed with it. I'm on medication and I'm going for a checkup every 2 months.
It's not just "oh he's shy" it's a serious problem I deal with.
Ehhh

I've actually tried and made a bit of progress in the last 3 months, I even went to a party on new years.
I'm fixing it little by little but I thought that I could use this as a shortcut.

It's just how the things are mate. No one likes it but you learn to live with it. If a girl really really likes you I guarantee you that she will approach you or at least try to be as close to you as possible and drop hints.
The thing is men fall in low in 1 second while women need time.

Then change your character because it's shit and if you don't you will always be alone.

Changing your character midway is just bad writing

>if a guy you never talked to before wears a shirt of your favorite anime/show/band ( and it's a rare thing to see someone like that thing you love ) would you try striking up a conversation with him?
No, but I would be glad to know that he likes this band/show too

Thank you for the answer!

>Jow Forums said yes
That should tell you all you need to know.

Never unless the band/show is really unknown which is quite rare . I'm introvert myself.

Nigga go up to her and talk to her like a man

Your point? Even if they, the woman haters, said yes then it's surely a yes

It's quite and I mean quiteee rare here where I'm from for someone to like that. We're not from Englando or US

Can't

Why can't you? List your excuses

no and thats a dumb idea. ask her out if you like her

Fear of rejection
Out of my character
Social Anxiety
Not knowing her goo enough...

Oh because you're a simp. Man up and ask her out because if this fails, you're going to look like a jackass making these dumbass plans for her to talk to you while some dude will talk to her and date her.

>going to look like a jackass
How exactly? It's not like I bought this shirt just because of this I've had it for quite some time now it's just that I never wore it to school. I wear it outdoors normally.

It's not as simple as that man, I'm totally fine and okay with talking to guys / girls I know and I'm totally fine with talking to people that make the first contact but when it comes to me making the first contact I'm retarded. It doesn't help that I've social anxiety and that, because of it, I'm being treated like a complete retard by my family my entire life.
I'm just not used to it.

Why do you say he's doomed? I kind of see the point he's making. I would never approach a girl that is desired or chased by men better than me.

I'm literally what you describe and still try to man up to talk to pretty girls. Yes I kinda shake, stomach burns, and I eat my words while talking to them but eventually I calm down and talk normal because I realize their just a pretty girl, that's it. You can't bitch about social anxiety unless you really can't talk to people and leave the house, you're just making excuses. Man up or else some other dude will get her and you'll hate yourself for not making a move.

Exactly. If I can't compete with others she can compete for me, it's not like it's a big competition.

It's not that I absolutely can't, I just can't do it in a social setting.
If we were alone in a room or in a hall or even next to each other for a longer period of time I definitely would but I just can't in a school social setting, it's just impossible for me.

>Man up or else some other dude will get her and you'll hate yourself for not making a move
I'm used to it

Not going to lie, I'd assume a guy wearing a shirt of my favourite whatever was a bit autistic. Girls can get away with that sort of thing (depending on what it is), guys just look like autists.

Just to clarify, the plan is awful, it will most likely fail, and the fact that she hasn't approached you after 4 years shows that you must not be worth competing for to her. I'm just saying that I wouldn't compete with guys better than me for a girl. And by the same token you shouldn't either. So scrap the idea, your plans to be with her, and move on to someone else. Either someone that wants you and actively shows it or someone so far beneath you that your insecurities and mental problems don't fuck it up for you. Good luck friendo

If you keep saying you can only do things according to what setting makes you feel better, then you're just making excuses. Life isn't going to make the perfect mood and setting for you to ask her out, you got to do it regardless. If it takes this girl or many more to be taken by guys who talked to them first for you to change your mindset, then so be it. If you never try, dont come to this website shitting that you ain't got a gf and women and Chad's are all evil.

Not a girl but one started chatting to me about a band whose t-shirt I was wearing. DIdn't know her at all either. This was in uni.

I mean it's not Pepa Pig user
>the fact that she hasn't approached you after 4 years shows that you must not be worth competing for to her
I mean there are like 7 classes each with 30 students and that's only our year, multiply by 4 for all 4 years. It's not everyone talks to everyone, everyone has their own group. I don't have any classes with her and I only see her sometimes in the hallway.

When did I ever talk about hating that I don't have a girlfriend? How did this such a simple question derail so much?
I know what I can and cannot do and this is one thing I cannot sadly, I'm getting better, especially in the last ~3 months, but It'll take me some time to be able to do it good.

Good to know, do you think she liked you?

If you want to improve, you got to take some leaps in life. If you have class with her, ask her questions about the class instead of this dumbass master plan you got about wearing a shirt, because if this is how you try to talk to girls you like, you got to buy a lot of damn shirts then.

I've taken some great leaps in the last 3 months. I've been to my first party ever and it was at a club on New Years and I've meet and talked to some girls I never saw before and mostly likely won't even see ever again.

I already said it but no, I don't have a class with her. There's like 7 classes with 30 people each, now multiple that by 4 for all 4 years. I'm in class number 2 and she's in 6 so I rarely see her even in hallways.

I'm proud of you shirt man, so use all of this experience and ask her out. If you did all of this, you dont have crippling social anxiety, you're just making excuses. Ask her out to put skills to the test

>If you did all of this, you dont have crippling social anxiety, you're just making excuses
Or maybe it's not all black and white and it's more of a scale? I'm not joking about the anxiety stuff I'm literally taking medication for it and I've been taking it for some years now.
The party was with 3 friends so it was easier because 90% of time I was hanging out with them looking out for them because they were shit drunk.

Because there's no risk. None. If zero risk is enough to deter him, then he's doomed.

Alright man, keep putting your head in the dirt and never ask out women, just keep using shirts to get their attention. If this dumb idea fails then maybe asking her out is the last thing you can do, the worse thing is that she will say no.

Loss of respect and rejection is a risk in itself is it not?

I will be perfectly fine with asking someone out it's literally JUST the first contact