A robot took my job

I was doing welding in my state making good money making industrial fans.
Then the company got one of pic related.
The welding position disappeared and now I'm out of work.
I had to move in with my parents.
Looking for decent jobs but there aren't any.
What the fuck do I do now?

Attached: rwedl.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

skynetgoeslive.ytmnd.com
youtube.com/watch?v=9JPC9eGL5eI
youtube.com/watch?v=8tuJ0phjFys
youtube.com/watch?v=C7AMV00Gmow
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go weld other shit. I assume you were smart enough to buy yourself a reliable welder and have collected plenty of tools to do the job. Try bodyshops, oilfield, metalworking shops. There’s plenty of places that a welder would come in handy

No way am I going back to welding, it's a shit trade.
>You inhale fumes, no matter what. Especially during tig you're going to get a toxic space building up in your mask.
>You hold your breath often to avoid breathing in fumes to finish a bead. This lowers oxygen in your blood over time causing stress and corsitol issues
>Metal particles enter your lungs and skin. Aluminum is especially bad to come in contact with.
I did it because I had a good contract. Now that it's up I'm probably just going to get on disability, the wageslave system in the US is trash.

We need to band together and start destroyin those damn robots

Cant really complain about automation if the job still exists, albeit somewhere else. that being said, I empathize with you m8, you can always learn to code :^)

Robot maintenance director

wow, great thread faggot
why don't you go weld your lips to a nigger dick

EYYYYYTUKURJEEEERB

Attached: 1549066003050.jpg (461x328, 48K)

Sell boomers your stupid on Pinterest

learn to code

learn C and Assembly, then you can make those robots yourself

>No decent jobs

In this economy? Where the fuck do you live? Alaska?

Those welding robots have been out since the 70s, did you really think this was a new phenomenon?

beat me to it

After reading this I'm sure you've never welded anything in your life.

just kill yourself, life is a scam anyway.

skynetgoeslive.ytmnd.com

lmao that's like learn saying learn the alphabet so you can be shakespeare

>What the fuck do I do now?

Find another welding job and stop depending on Mommy & Daddy.

Attached: 1520162915337.jpg (1536x1152, 547K)

how do you just 'get on disability'? don't you have to be disabled ?

Rogan-Yang comes to mind

That sort of programming is retardedly easy. Its all about inputing servo values for the different axis in a loop along with a few extra "if conditions" for potential sensor feedbacks and thats it.

Suffer.
Like the rest of us.

Go to texas/ND and weld in the oil fields, the pay is probably way better than what you were making anyways.

good, now industrial fans would be built to a higher quality spec

also, you should vote for cortez

Attached: 1520426071980.jpg (803x618, 68K)

Sabatoge the robots, duh

I live in arizona and a certified welder/fabricator at my work was just hired for $28/hr + full benifits... Good welders make really good money. Not sure what the fuck your problem is.

Idk, it seems reasonable. Also they make those overpriced vacuums now that really cut down on fumes.

Rip junr

You can still weld on other jobs..

Come to Australia, they give all our jobs to foreigners.

You'll have immediate employment, while Aussie boilermakers live in poverty and unemployment.

#LearnToCode

Sounds like you're just some out of work buttfeed journalist who read an article about how unhealthy welding is or something

>start doing something you hate
>your job gets eliminated
>bitch you no longer get to do something you hate
Learn to code

Learn a trade they said
It will be fun they said.

If ur still here op.. plumbing weld is highly sought for and the pay is high.. provided you are very good at it.

I too play vidja

killing spree

Attached: giphy (2).gif (500x206, 1.97M)

Attached: 12266955-82C5-40CB-9251-185940A52EE1.jpg (480x320, 31K)

I’ve tried telling people welding is god horrific work.

Did somebody say, McDonalds?

To be fair, this goes for all politicians. They just send every problem up the river until they retire and leave it to the next generation who does the same.

Learn to code

Attached: 1477963894836.gif (512x321, 1.73M)

If you really need work they are begging for welders in Tulsa. Mostly heat exchangers and vessels of one kind or another. I did for about 10 years. Never again.

what is this learn to code? im a software engineer i always diss people from bootcamps etc its part of my job now but how come everyone started doing it here?

>how do you just 'get on disability'? don't you have to be disabled ?

he is american...

Attached: 1549973447614.jpg (1639x1167, 457K)

Elitists (journalists) told coal miners to "learn to code" when Trump talked about adding more coal jobs. Bunch of journalists got laid off recently so telling them to "learn to code" was a bit of poetic justice.

In general it's bad advice because not everyone can think like a programmer and it's an either you are or you aren't sort of thing.

i think it was addressed to me. yeah i see now. you see i always come up with that argument, that its not for everyone, but i always get booed away that its nothing hard its like building lego lmao. thanks for the explanation tho

My recommendation is to learn to weld.
Seriously, if you can't find work right now as a welder, it's because you're shit at welding.
I'm getting a new job as a welder making tractors and other such heavy equipment. The factory does have a number of robotic welders, but they still need regular people welders. Also, part of the job will be learning how to use the robotic welders because they still need operators.
Tl;Dr: git gud scrub

How much per hour would you charge to build a killdozer user.

Learn to code robots

Get actual accredited training in welding (like at a tech school or trade school like Tulsa Welding School) and look into opportunities with railroads and construction. Tons of opportunities for welders in those fields and most don't even require a lot of travel.

TIG is the least fume generating weld process you daft cunt.

YANG
GANG

LEARN TO CODE

learn to code

My job is to fix robots
All you niggers are fucked !! Ahahah

Attached: 3get.gif (312x263, 853K)

>get a trade they said

Oh the learn to code meme

Like thats immune from machine learning capability

then go to walmart and take some night classes in CAD and sit on your ass all day making maps, surveys, plats, & blueprints.

Are you memeing or did she really say that we can just print all the money we need? That’s Zimbabwe level retarded.

Tig on what? Carbon steel? Ya sure. But you still breath a ton of gas. Any exotic metal and the fumes are pretty god damn toxic. Why do dumb fucks that clearly know nothing about welding always pretend to be experts?

>2 posts by this id

youtube.com/watch?v=9JPC9eGL5eI

wtf im yang gang now

Attached: DgdstSSUcAAm3ZF.jpg (2048x1341, 357K)

Attached: CF0EEE2C-008E-499C-B7F7-8DBD449DB910.gif (290x512, 1.86M)

Build a ninja robot to break into the building and kill the robot that stole yer job

I've been thinking about becoming a certified welder for awhile. This thread has made me apprehensive about doing so. What is a trade that is relatively automation proof for the forseeable future. cost is not really a problem for me, but time is. so what's a trade I can get certified in two years and under? HVAC? Electrician?

They’ll just make robots whose only job is to fix other robots. What then fucko? This is all going to happen in a generation.

Did she actually say this shit?

>Of course automation is stealing jobs, but maybe if robots are stealing your job, you're shit

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 45K)

shes not wrong

if you didn't want the job then you are a whiny cunt complaining about a robot. fuck off.

>Learn a trade

Welding shit together on an assembly line isn't a trade. If he can fix a leaking pipe on the lid of an electric arc furnace while it's still dripping, he might be employable in a steel mill.

electrician

Code you cunt

Cucked by the metal jew

I HAD A DREAM THAT I WENT TO FUG A CHIG AND SHE HAD THIS DICK THAT WAS ALSO A PUSSY . TERRIFYING

Attached: 1513814001835.jpg (304x308, 32K)

Keep your cool. If you start acting desperate its down hill. You also need to come to terms with a paycut. You will have to take someones job who you were abobe before. It is going to suck man. You will feel shame and guilt at the same time. Welcome to the new world.

You small minded fucking dumbass. You have a skill that can be used anywhere in the world. You might temporarily be out of a job, but you can go to Texas and work on pipelines for almost 40 an hour. Stop being a nigger

1. You're not a welder. You're a guy who learned one welding technique, TIG, on the job.

2. TIG generates very little fumes compared to SMAW, for instance.

3. You admit it yourself, you chose a shit trade. Now you blame automation for taking away your shitty job.

4. If you actually had a welding degree, you'd be able to find work elsewhere, no problem. I'll bet you're not even certified to weld pipes.

Fuck outta here.

Vote for Andrew Yang... He cares about people like you.

Attached: yang2020(2).jpg (849x313, 28K)

OP you are a Luddite. You can still find work in other jobs, job search. Welding is valuable.
Andrew Yang talks about how UBI will help displaced workers.
youtube.com/watch?v=8tuJ0phjFys
even though this presentation is cringe:
youtube.com/watch?v=C7AMV00Gmow

Attached: cae.jpg (680x504, 62K)

Learn to code

>what trade?

Industrial electrician
Instrument technician
Relay technician
Lineman