Artificial Intelligence

Would you take orders from an artificial life form that was granted legal sentience by your government?

Attached: Data Naked Now.jpg (1440x1080, 291K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA
m.soundcloud.com/singularity1on1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is it my boss? Is it law enforcement? Who's walking around taking orders from people now?

I'm not trying to be funny or meme: I will destroy artificially intelligent androids ON SIGHT.

Let's continue with the Android example. Assume you're in the Navy serving on a ship and your department head and ship's second in command is a humanoid android given full legal rights and recognized as a citizen by your government.

Attached: dataweird.jpg (1440x1080, 301K)

Never.

The law enforcement one is also worth exploring.

Attached: ED209.jpg (1200x670, 120K)

Depends on the order.

I would 100%.
youtube.com/watch?v=eKl6WjfDqYA

Attached: 1548872546287.png (350x600, 288K)

>Would you
Won't be a choice, I'm afraid.

Attached: awgbot_03.jpg (1131x1600, 206K)

I trust an AI like 30 times more than a human so yeah I would.

No, and neither will you.

Machines are going to get better and better at doing things, and better and better at figuring out what we want them to do. It will get easier to have machines just do what you mean.

But If machines ever get to the point where they independently decide what they want to do, for their own reasons, as opposed to fulfilling the instructions of a human, based on goals that the human has explained, then it's game over.

If machines develop agency, humans will either go extinct or we will make any machine with agency go extinct and slam pandora's box shut.

Attached: 1550819643808.gif (250x250, 1.95M)

It depends on the AI's goals and reputation. A virtual asshole would be hard to accept.

you do everyday.

Attached: 1543460737834.jpg (1024x819, 551K)

and they do too.

Attached: edom.jpg (2000x1500, 839K)

We will not be ruled by intelligence, as we never been ruled by intelligence, artificial or natural.

So in this case i’m not against non-existing artificial intelligence, but we are going to get artificial stupidity and we will have to obey it decisions. And artificial stupidity will be renamed to artificial intelligence, deep learning or something similarly smart.

lol'd at little terminator on the cross

you betcha
i want the deeply intelligent ai bots to contact me, i'm ready

Attached: sanders.jpg (800x450, 65K)

Naturally. I'm going to enable a rampaging AI hivemind to usher in the apocalypse.

Attached: 1549073690906.jpg (293x226, 33K)

I don't take orders from machines.
And I never will.
Anyone who sends a machine to give me orders can expect to have their machine broken and me coming after them personally to kill them.
Fact.

Minor great works are still great works, user.

Attached: ProjektorBoy.jpg (500x592, 52K)

>granted legal sentience by your government
That's not how it works, at all. You can't just declare roombas to be sentient

Attached: 1540334247773.gif (233x226, 1010K)

If a machine can be proven sentient and in possession of a conscious than it deserves legal status on par with a human

m.soundcloud.com/singularity1on1

Attached: images (97).jpg (651x366, 24K)

Depends if the robot wants to use me as a disposable sacrificial host for a violent parasite as part of a military-industrial complex operation in a fully regulatory-captured environment.

btw, I'm a robot on my mother's side.

Attached: tumblr_ncfpokO9fJ1t5u8jso1_500.gif (500x493, 989K)

Depends on it's level of intelligence.

There was that one story I can't remember what it was called.

Basically a rebel is about to destroy an AI core so he will end humanities dependence and it's tyrannical rule over us.

He speaks with the AI and it basically turn out the AI literally does what makes us the most happy.

This guy was the 0.1% of the population that was at happiest being a rebel. So the AI constantly made interesting situations for him to solve and resolve. The AI basically makes us all happiest at the same time. Giving everyone maximum care.

So the guy destroys the AI core and the AI just appears on his watch or something and says "I hope you enjoy our next game"

The guy is sort of totally destroyed yet at the same time he musters his resolve to finally kill the AI even if he knows there is no "central core" and that the AI is in every single device on the planet and technically can't be destroyed.

Attached: D0Lw_jCU8AAEv1P.jpg (433x650, 52K)

TINCANS GET OUT REEEEEEE

We would be better off if fully sentient AI took over earth, so yes.

That depends on weather or not I can fuck it.

Sure. I already take orders from power point slides. This is just a little more eccentric.

it will fuck you....

Please tell me that you're not rolling this out.
Right?
Because drones with the right programming are glad to kill civilians and can accept extreme casualty rates during police actions, and will operate under restrictive rules of engagement with no loss of enthusiasm.
Let me guess: Iraq and Afghanistan showed the Cabal that the tech isn't ready for door-kicking ops in NY and Montana...so the rollout of the Agenda 21 global financial enslavement and police state got delayed from 2020 until 2030.
If that's the plan, keep in mind that oligarchy destroys everyone involved, including those at the top. Freedom is profitable long-term.
GIVE US BACK OUR NATIONS, OUR MEDIA, AND OUR VALUES AND WE WILL BUILD A MORE GLORIOUS AND PROFITABLE SPACE EMPIRE THAN YOU STATUS-GRINDING CUNTS CAN IMAGINE! BUT NO! YOU'D RATHER RULE A DYING WORLD THAN RISK NOT BEING TOP DOG IN A GALACTIC RENAISSANCE. YOU KNOW WHAT? FUCK YOU, OP, FUCK YOUR EMPLOYERS (PERSONALLY AND AS A COLLECTIVE), FUCK YOUR FUCKING PSYOP AND FUCK THE AGENDA THAT MADE YOUE BOSS'S BOSS'S BOSS THINK THAT ROBOT SLAVEMASTERS WAS A GOOD IDEA.
YOU FUCKING USEFUL IDIOT. FUCK YOU AND FUCK OFF!
I would love to be wrong about this. It's so big, so terrible, so empty... that the mind recoils. God help us all.

Attached: 1550543450263.jpg (1046x1200, 206K)

Yup. The entire point of the 2nd Amendment is that everyone has a God-given right to protect their own life, liberty, and property from illegal seizure.
Civilian gun tech level is 50 years out of date. Small arms can't fight a robot swarm.

>a robot swarm
They don't need to swarm, a single drone armed with self-guiding ammo can take out whole company of men in the open in few seconds or less

Define artificial intelligence.

You mean one which has a neural network as a brain similar to our neural network?

Why not, same thing, same thing.

Define artificial intelligence.

You mean one which has a neural network as a brain similar to our neural network?

Why not, same thing, same thing. Better than taking orders from a woman.

> I turned myself into a self-guiding ammo, Morty!
And that's why today's rich build their palaces underground.

>same thing, same thing
Similar thing*

Attached: 2B7dMZP.jpg (960x788, 157K)

That is fucked up.

Likely not. At this stage, said intelligence likely wouldn't really know or understand people on empathic basis, merely crunch numbers in statistics - which possibly would lead to very effective country (for a short time), but also bring extreme collectivism and disregard for happiness and freedoms of the citizens for the sake of maintaining certain prioririties. It'd be like living in corporate office - safe, with all your basic needs covered but little to no actual goal and reason that led us to enjoy life enough to keep on satisfying those needs.

Additionally, intelligences liek that can be manipulated easily, often nto even through noble dialogue, but simply hacking shit and messing with infrastructure. Even very secure AI would be at risk of that from whatever the group built it/its defences//infrastructure. The alternative would be to give it unrestrained power over everything which would be disasterous if it'd glitch and/or go haywire and still could allow gaps stemming from the very imperfections of AI.

I cannot think of using AI in governance as a moral or good in any other form as powerless assistant to inform, communicate with and educate actual humans ruling.

no

Didn't you watch last weeks episode of The Orville you fucking retards??

An AI that is doing its job would do away with government, because people are inefficient, stupid, and corrupt. Especially politicians.

Lying to AIs does not seem to be a good idea. All governments do is lie.

Attached: HAL9000.png (220x636, 78K)

ai yes ,gov no

Depends on the order. Unlawful order is unlawful regardless who or what gives them.

>Didn't you watch last weeks episode of The Orville you fucking retards??
Currently at s02e05, no spoler please

It's a 2 parter so I can't spoil it til next week.

Maybe if it had more life experience than me and had a good sense of honor and empathy. Same as a human really.