Where did this guy go wrong?

>pic related
I really feel fucking terrible for this guy. He's one of us, he manned up and took his chance as best as he could and he got this.
Is this what happens when the "just talk to her" meme clouds your eyes?
And then the orange one had the audacity to post this on Jow Forumssadcringe and basically humiliate and laugh at this guy even more. You can just feel his sadness coming from those last few replies. He's probably destroyed right now and isn't going to try it again soon.

This post absolutely ruined my evening and discouraged me from trying to actually talk to that girl I like even more. This could be me.

What did this guy do wrong?

Attached: g43a37j2js821.png (2692x838, 282K)

He fucked up as early as his second reply. It’s kind of impressive really.

I see nothing wrong with it. Just a guy that's had enough of being alone and wants to try it out because hey, maybe he's not as unlikable as he thought, maybe it's true that all you have to do is approach women.

Talking to a random stranger like a robot will not get you friends.

He should have started with "Hey! Thanks for the reblog! I've got some pretty good content coming later this week. Thanks again!" When she replies with something like "No problem! I liked the article!" just thank her again and let it ride.

Then when she reblogs again, maybe once or twice, then he could contact again and ask a pertinent but unassuming question like "So if I may ask, how'd you find my content?" That'll start a brief conversation. BRIEF. Let it branch from there.

Here's the problem with the "just talk to her" autists... They "talk" by literally asking the girl to sit down and just have a full on conversation with them, as if that's what people in real life do. Like we just walk up to a strange girl in the cafe and say "hey, let's have a conversation and then be friends and not be weird and be friends and then maybe kiss each other in the future and blah blah..."

>What did this guy do wrong?
Pretty much everything. A better question would be "what didn't he do wrong".

>I see nothing wrong with it.
Really? He comes across as completely socially inept. I’m sure you wouldn’t be as bad as this guy if you messaged a girl.

But he genuinely just wanted to talk man. You can see from his messages that he's sad and lonely.

Saying no to a relationship is one thing, turning down a guy who just wants to talk is another thing.... turning down a guy and then posting it to a sadcringe subbredit is miles fucking worse.

You don't have to ask for permission to have a conversation, it makes you look super insecure and awkward. Just fucking talk. Then the "nothing" after she went ahead with it anyway. Followed by the weird and somewhat creepy "just as friends, or how we understand each other... who knows..." implied deeper more-than-friends connection after exchanging a few replies

This. All of this. It seriously was doomed the moment he even though of replying like this.

I've no idea how tumblr works.
But I see it all the time online "approach the girl you like but not with a secret agenda just say hi and ask her how her day has been..."

I get that but even then isn't it just fucking terrible of OP of the original reddit post to turn him down like this? Her talking to that guy would make his day I'm sure of it.
Don't get me started on her posting this thing online.. imagine what would the guy feel if he stumbles upon the reddit thread.

Is the green you OP? Be honest

>posting it to a sadcringe subbredit is miles fucking worse
It’s mean but it’s not like she doxxed him though. He’s completely anonymous. And I would also argue that cringey screenshots like this serve to educate people on what not to do

And he took the initiative to do it. He's leagues ahead of so many other autists. Still a complete autist, though. If he doesn't see this as a learning experience and refine his tactics for future use, he deserves to continue getting shut down like this (except for the Reddit post, fuck the roastie for doing that)

I'm not, I don't even know how tumblr works, also, if it was me why would my name be on the top of the conversation ( not following each other thing up there )

Well it slapped me back to reality that's for sure. I was really under the impression that that's how you go about it if you find a girl online that you really like. He did everything right in my book and I just feel terrible for him.

>approach the girl you like but not with a secret agenda just say hi and ask her how her day has been
That's for people you know in person. You still have to approach but you have to do it differently online.

>I get that but even then isn't it just fucking terrible of OP of the original reddit post to turn him down like this? Her talking to that guy would make his day I'm sure of it.
So? She has no obligation to talk to random creepy autistic strangers.

I think you need a new book.

To learn what? How to transition into an incel? The reddit post was seriously the thing that made me hate it the most, I mean, to me at least, what reddit op did was still horrible but then putting that online as a way to mock him? That's just disgusting

>that's how you go about it if you find a girl online that you really like. He did everything right in my book
You cannot possibly read his messages and think “yes this is right, those are exactly the things I would’ve said.”

Say hi, ask if it's fine to chat with them, explain why with FULL HONESTY after getting a "depends" ( which is shitty in itself ), explain in a noncreepy way how you found her, try again asking if you can talk, get turned down, fuck up a bit at the end but you have to forgive him for that he's probably crying or something

Attached: 1546532708748s.jpg (109x124, 2K)

>at the end
More like at the beginning.

And seriously dude, I'm starting to think you're the creepy guy she screenshot.

I mean, we're all anonymous here, what do I gain from faking it? it's not like there have never been guys here posting something similar / worse and fully on saying it's them.

I swear I'm not, I saw it on reddit I honestly don't even have a tumblr or know anything about it.

If you are going to start a conversation, you actually need a subject. Something to talk about. You can't just say "hi I am here let us converse" out of the blue, and then expect her to come up with a topic of conversation. Whenever you message someone, there should be a purpose, and you shouldn't beat around the bush too much before getting to the point.

if your friend was just trying to build up to ask her out, he should've just come out and said it. he shot himself in the foot by trying to be "laid-back" but it just came off WAY too passive and vague to the point that he literally isn't saying anything at all.

In short - he started the conversation, but then expected her to make all the moves.

>is it fine for you
>if we chat
never say sorry or feel guilty for making an advance
>just as normal friends
>or as you want
Why would you even say that. Your goal is to meet up with her, then get to know her, and ideally have sex and gf her
>you can ask if you want to ask something
take the lead, ask her something yourself, ask her if she's got time to chill out at a cafe next weekend or whatever

>if your friend
I've no idea who any of these people are I saw the post on reddit.
How did he expect her to make the moves? He autisticaly asked if they could talk, if she said something like "yeah sure" or basically anything that a nice human being would do he would've continued the conversation and it would've made his day.

Yeah I'm just now seeing the laid back thing is talking about and that's honestly correct but even then, isn't it a normal thing to say "yeah sure we can talk", you never know what the other guy is going through. Maybe this was the final straw for him.

She straight-up asked "what do you want to talk about" and he said "nothing," and then the conversation went a while longer with him just spinning his wheels and saying nothing, and dropping weird hints that he wanted her to take the lead and "ask him something." The whole thing came off like he had an agenda in mind but he just wouldn't come out and say it. That's an uncomfortable position to put somebody in.

If you are going to message someone like this, just get to the point, it is actually MORE polite to just say what you mean than to just make "polite small talk" until she either reads your mind or ends the conversation. Hell, even small talk can work better than this, but you have to actually talk about SOMETHING

I can’t be too harsh on the guy because it seems like English isn’t his native language, but come on, you would’ve said the exact same things in his situation?

>She straight-up asked "what do you want to talk about" and he said "nothing,"
Then why couldn't she just say "yes sure" I'm 100% sure that if she said okay the would be something like "so what are you up" or something of the sort.

It's not like she wanted to talk but he didn't she just really and without a doubt or second thought said "I don't feel like talking this is kind of weird"

I'd be less autistic that's for sure but I can't fault him much, he went in a little too nice with asking if they can talk that's for sure but is that really all it take for a girl to just outright reject him?
I mean, maybe he had his picture on his profile ( do people even post pictures of themselves on tumblr ) and she just didn't like how he looks at all or made some offensive jokes or something but based solely on this log I can't fault him for anything too much.

Because it was kind of weird. I think she's being pretty polite here. He could've saved it at any point if he would've just directly explained why he messaged her in the first place.

I get the impression that these two people are basically strangers. You can't start a conversation with a stranger this way, you have to come up with SOMETHING to talk about, and make your intentions clear. I can't put it any simpler than that. This kind of vagueness is just uncomfortable

I see his "ask questions" things as a response to how did you find me, like, if she had questions about that which he could explain and not seem like a stalker.
I don't see it as "ask me something so we can talk"

If a person posts a poor, lonely, depressed guy online to mock him I can not think of that person as polite whatever they did before it.

>isn't it a normal thing to say "yeah sure we can talk"
Not to randos who message you out of the blue on a social media site (and not even a dating site). Most, like this guy, are creepy.

>you never know what the other guy is going through. Maybe this was the final straw for him.
Irrelevant. You don't make your decision whether or not to talk to a creepy guy you've never met online just in case he kills himself if you reject him. And honestly the implications of you thinking that she has any sort of obligation to him is quite disturbing.

Why would she say that? Particularly after the next few things the creepy guy said?

>she just really and without a doubt or second thought said "I don't feel like talking this is kind of weird"
Yeah, because it was weird. She's being perfectly polite.

He wasn't "too nice", he was creepy. And you'll note that she didn't reject him until later, when he makes weird and creepy insinuations and then expects her to come up with a topic of conversation.

The onus is not on her to ask him why he's not a creepy stalker.

But none of that is clear, he doesn't say anything clearly or directly. I agree that it was cruel to screenshot & repost this conversation, I actually didn't even read that bit in the OP. But the original question was "what did he do wrong," and he did a lot wrong in his approach.

This could've gone a lot better if he would start a conversation with an actual topic. If someone asks "what do you want to talk about" you should just hurry up and get to the point, and then there will be something to talk about. That's the best answer I can give you: He should've gotten to the point a lot faster.

I don't think that it's an obligation but do people do something only if it's out of obligation? Where are the morals?

>She's being perfectly polite.
Making fun of him online after that isn't really polite. She definitely didn't try to be polite there.

It's clear that English isn't his native language and that he's really really anxious.
Well after that bit can you still say that she's 100% in the right and that she was just trying to be polite?

>She’s the bad guy here, he dindu nuffin
Okay you’re just baiting at this point

Read my other replies, I'm not making him out to be a saint I'm aware that some of his responses were totally uber autistic.
But that's all, he was innocently honest while she made fun of it.

That's bullshit, if he were attractive to her it wouldn't have mattered.

To answer your question OP, she isn't attracted to him. Nowadays you have to be good looking and have social status, you are nothing without those two things

To random people online? Yeah. Even to people you know, if someone says they're going to kill themselves if you specifically don't talk to them, that's a really big red flag. Not just for the killing themselves part, but also the forcing others to do things part. Like, "cut that person out of your life immediately"-type red flag. If you're really concerned about them, call the cops or someone and let them know that there's someone suicidal, but that's the kind of person you want to get away from as quickly as possible.

Quite frankly, there's no good reason for her to talk to him. She did, until he turned creepy. Then she politely said that she wasn't interested in talking any more.

>Making fun of him online after that isn't really polite. She definitely didn't try to be polite there.
Exactly what do you think is the purpose of r/sadcringe? It's to make fun of sad, cringey, creepy people. It's no less polite than any of the others, and honestly the chances of him seeing it are pretty low.

>he was innocently honest
So?

>I'm not making him out to be a saint
>he was innocently honest
All your replies ITT are defending his behavior, making him out to be the victim, and she the rude bad guy. I don’t even really get why you care so much.

I don't know user, maybe it's just me that would help someone not out of obligation, treat people as you like to be treated and stuff like that you know?
I'm always going to try too cheer up the sad guy but even if I'm not I definitely wouldn't put him down even more.

Because I can relate, I know exactly what was going through his mind. Although I wouldn't make such autistic replies I definitely understand how he feels.

Seriously man, props to the guy for having the balls to do it. Every guy who's ever approached women has these whacky cringe stories to tell how they sperged out or how they got rejected in brutal ways. Your guy got let down pretty softly for how he handled himself, she wasn't a cunt about it, she didn't ghost him. She felt like this was kinda weird because he made it weirder in every sentence

And the girl probably realized her mistakes because she deleted the post

>treat people as you like to be treated
She was pretty polite in the conversation, and had no obligation to speak to a complete stranger, no matter how he acted. I know you keep talking about how mean it was that she later put the convo on reddit, and I agree with you on that, but her actions in the convo itself weren’t as bad as you want to make them out to be.

>Seriously man, props to the guy for having the balls to do it.
I agree so much with this, I couldn't do it.

But the again, how close to the wall of desperation do you need to be pushed for you to do something like this? I can't help but feel really sorry for the guy.

Probably but it hits close to home for me. I wouldn't do it like he did but I definitely see where he comes from.

Theres obviously a back story that is important to understanding why she is creeped out by him. Or shes just a bitch

There is none, she replies to a comment on reddit criticizing her saying that that's all there is to it, she rebloged or whatever his thing and he messaged her.
I wish I could go and screenshot it but after some negative replies criticizing her and feeling sorry for the guy she deleted the post

>There's obviously a back story that is important to understanding why she is creeped out by him.
The conversation in the OP, perhaps?

>how close to the wall of desperation do you need to be pushed for you to do something like this?
Everything I've ever had with a woman started with me making an advance because I was interested in her. Asking for her number, or writing her on facebook, or anything. It was always kinda awkward but that's just how it is

>Is this what happens when the "just talk to her" meme clouds your eyes?
Talking to someone typically involves talking to someone in person.
The guy decided to talk to her when she didn't know him asking if they could talk, sent numerous messages stating where them talking could go without stating his intentions, his invitation to knowing her was being reblogged and then trying to start a conversation with her by encouraging her to ask him about him when HE started talking to her. He was weird then he told her it wasn't weird, everything about the conversation made me cringe.

The fact that the post "ruined your evening" and discouraged you only tells us that you are totally socially inept, you can't send double messages to people you know without looking needy, think about what you are going to say before you even start typing.
If you want to talk to a woman you need to:
Wash, wear half decent clothes (that doesn't mean branded, it means smart casual or even clean and ironed), brush your teeth/floss/use mouthwash and style your hair (if you don't need to at least comb your hair it is probably messy).
You need to have something about you, being "introverted", having no friends and spending your time doing sedentary things isn't a lifestyle, you should have at least one hobby that involves being around other people that you do once a week minimum, if you can talk to people and befriend them then you probably have the basic social skills needed to talk to a woman who you are interested in.

What the fuck is this shit?

No wonder women pretend to not use the internet. Reblog some dude's shit once and he's up in your DMs thinking it means he's going to get laid.

>Seriously man, props to the guy for having the balls to do it.
He messaged her, it requires absolutely nothing to message someone, if it goes wrong you can claim someone took your phone or any number of excuses, you have plenty of time to think of a response and construe yourself as someone you aren't.

Just talk to her isn’t just send her a bunch of weird messages

In his defense he only started being weird after he panicked about being seen as a stalker.
He clearly thought a lot about this and had a plan at the start but spilled all of his spaghetti

The smiley face is what melted my heart.
Just imagine the guy sitting there, remembering all the articles he read about talking to woman, remembering how he can't sound creepy, remembering how girls like emojis oh wait, but he forgot! Now he has to put one in there. But the poor fellow doesn't use them!? He doesn't know which one to use so he just goes for the standard trusty :) not a shadow of a doubt is crossing his mind, this is his moment!

It destroys me user

Attached: 1546048706374.png (1001x823, 806K)