For most of my life, I've been interested in engineering. I was planning to become an engineer

For most of my life, I've been interested in engineering. I was planning to become an engineer.
But there's this issue. If you look at the demographic statistics for any engineering major, it pops out quite clearly. Over 90% of engineering students are male. Also, engineering is obviously stigmatized - it's not really something you want to put on your online dating profile.
I've studied technology in high school, and that was all-male. I already feel that I've missed out on an important part of life. Should I study something else?

Attached: 1539611385016.png (830x900, 219K)

In high school I surrounded myself with women (french immersion biology, all university courses) and i never fucked a single one, still a virgin. So it's all about your game man, not how you situate yourself.

If you are a woman, which seems like, you have a pussy pass. Literally, engineering in easy mode. All opportunities will be open, any place you apply will accept you regardless of your grades. Yes, there are no females because they give no shits about engineering. Go ask Stacy if she would like to pull up all nighters figuring how how the hell her code is not compiling. The small population of female engineering in my graduating class had jobs lined up before graduation. While about 70% of males have not heard shit back from the places they applied to.

Why do female engineers get mistreated in their workplace? because they had it easy and the guys that they are working along them are the 70% that had struggled to find a job, while the females just had to sit in class, wait for the professor to hand them their passing grade, and get a job because they are a minority.

t. EE that graduated on top of the class making shit ton of money

I'm not a woman, I'm just concerned I'd be at a dead end if I studied engineering.

>dead end
Why ? How ?

All my interests are male-dominated. In my country, it's very rare to meet people outside of work/school or interests.
If I'd be going into engineering I'd be setting myself up for a life in which I end up much like the traditional Jow Forums poster, just with a lot of money.
I already missed out on high school, I don't want to miss out on university too. And after university, it'd be too late (as the workplace too would be male-dominated)

I know this will blow your mind, but you don't have to exclusively become friends with people within your major. There are these things called organizations you can join. Wow!

But more importantly
>2019
>Giving a single fuck about what women care about
>So insecure that you think engineering will make you undateable
>Too retarded to realize women like M O N E Y $$$$$

Yeah, and those are for interests. Sure, I could join something for programming say, but it would be the same type of people as already are studying my major. It makes no difference.

Here's how to kill two birds with one stone: Don't join shit like a programming organization. You're going to have to explore your likes and interests. Join a rock climbing club, board games, hiking, cooking, intramural sports or some shit idk.

This will:
1) Help you make friends outside of your major-- which jesus christ don't even remind me of the EE weirdo fucks. Party with the business kids. They're arrogant as shit (wow a tax accountant, so cool!), but know how to have a good time and are extremely social.

2) helps you develop a real personality. Coincidentally women are attracted to number 2. If you're a boring person, whatever you study doesn't matter. Women won't be interested.

It'd be extremely apparent I'm not actually into it, and that I'm just there to talk to girls.
How would you do that? The business kids study at a different school from the engineers, there's no way unless I'd go there and pretend I have the same class as they do.

>If you're a boring person, whatever you study doesn't matter. Women won't be interested.
At least I'd meet them.

Most women are oriented towards social caretaking professions naturally. The only thing that should stop you from becoming an engineer is the lack of self-confidence as you will have to argue for what you think is right for the majority of your career against idiot sales, management, and shop floor types.

The best engineer I know is female, and she's taught me a tremendous amount about the method of engineering and thinking through problems.

If it makes you happy, do it. There's nothing wrong with women being an engineer. As Men are the genetic experimentation ground of nature and the bell curve for them on almost every factor is wide, including intelligence, just make sure to prepare yourself for a certain amount of sexism, and to be dealing with highly intelligent, driven, goofy, hyper-sensative men who have little experience with women in general as that's the portriat of male intelligence.

Sorry user, you are VERY deluded when it comes to the dating scene.

What country are you from?

Dude what the fuck, whats the problem? You want girls?
Are you seriously taking life decisions based on girls? You need to be 18 to post here

I'm a man, I don't know what you mean by your post.
So then what? Accept being forever alone since it would be an "irrational decision" not to?
I've already fucked it up once, I don't want to do it again.

You can not let something as stupid as women decide your future but I can understand that you may feel alone, and expect college as a new start to know people.
I suggest you to choose something that you would like to do of course, you have to find what you would love to do in life in order to forget that you don't have a woman in your life.
You need to be open to meet people anywhere, and that new people will make you meet more people.
We all know that women are fucking retarded, are you really going go with the retards? get in debt doing something you don't enjoy for some dried used up pussy? Women are not worth it, finding a soul mate or whatever is 50% luck and not everyone has something like that, if thats what you want.

Here's a tip: pick a school that has a good ratio of male and female. I went to a school that specialized in engineering and it was actually 90% male. It was certainly an issue. Most schools don't have this issue, but if you have more of a 50/50 split, it shouldn't be an issue. You'll meet plenty of people in your dorm alone and you can network from there.

>stigmatized?
huh? id fuck an engineer. id fuck the shit out of one because i like smart women, and i wanna be an engineer. we got shit in common already.
male nurses get pussy for decades. its not because theyre stigmatized, its because THEYRE DOING WHAT THEY LOVE AND ARE HAPPY IN LIFE BECAUSE GRANDPA AND GRANDMA DIDNT TELL HIM TO GO BE A MECHANIC.

here you go, ill toss you something easy. would you fuck a male nurse?

>bbbbbbut nursing isnt feminine
bitch, nursing was Woman Army 50 years ago, that doesnt mean it still has to be, especially not to you. same thing with mechanics

damn, i said mechanics. i meant engineers. dont let old mindsets of the past ruin your life and steer you from something you love

Biomedical eng student here, plenty of female classmates, would gladly date most of them. Stop worrying about """stigmas""" and just go for it.

Debt isn't a concern, state pays.
Only schools that have engineering here are engineering schools, so that's not possible.
Yes, that's what I mean by studying something else. I'm considering EE right now, which is a sausage fest.

Sausagefest means no competition. EE sounds like a perfectly good option.

>90% male
>no competition
What did he mean by this?

I'm not a woman.

It's pathetic that you're put off of studying engineering for such a shallow reason.

So then what? Accept being forever alone since it would be an "irrational decision" not to?
I've already fucked it up once, I don't want to do it again.

Oh. Then run. Run as far away from engineering as you can. It's a black hole that will swallow up any chance you ever had of getting a gf.

Calling it now, you will fail and transfer to another major.

Mechanical engineer here

You're a dumbass, OP. Your professional life and personal life are completely irrelevant.
You're expecting to find someone within your major? Be realistic, that's not how life works.

Work out, make an effort to look good, stop posting retarded Jow Forums-tier "redpill" shit like your image (grow up), and you'll always have an opportunity at dating, regardless of your career.

You don't have to meet women in your workplace.

I don't know where else. Everyone I know has met their wife/gf along with all their friends through either work, school, or their hobbies.
If I go down this path, then I'm giving up on those three, at the very least.

Haha THIS. You need to be strong to survive engineering and OP doesn't have it

>tfw I didnt have it either
>transferred mech E to civil

Go to social events, anywhere. That's how I met my wife.
Being an engineer means you have to work in teams and many of my colleagues regularly host events outside of work.

Meet people there, see if you can find a someone single from a friend, etc...
Don't be socially retarded and socialize as much as you can. There's opportunities everywhere.

Nearly none of my classmates in high school had any female friends, and most seemed to not have more than one or two close friends altogether. It might be different in other countries, but that's my experience.
What I'm worried is that if I'd go into one of these majors, I'd effectively be cutting myself off from everything like that.

I don't know how it is overseas, but in New Zealand the engineering department is a public menace. If you didn't get ass at some point from cruising the student bars or going to parties then you made a mistake somewhere

Dont be absurd. Just use your spare time wisely and go out and meet people.

There's BILLIONS of women in this world and you're telling me you're not going to find one when you magically start studying advanced math and physics?

I'm an engineer, I'm married, and I didn't meet my wife at the lunch hall. Or my various other girlfriends from my bachelor life.

>go out and meet people.
Where? There aren't really many opportunities for that. Sure, you could go to bars, but hardly anyone there is looking for a long-term relationship.
Most people do meet at school/work, that's an objective fact. If I cut that off, my chances go down by a lot. Remove online dating and common hobbies, and you're in an even worse position.

Let's see:
Gym, public events like festivals, community events like marathons or land cleanups/volunteering, social events held by coworkers, religious events even if you're not religious, public transportation, literally any place where women are at. You have to learn to approach someone you've seen alone, you have to get used to getting turned down, and you have to learn how to take no for any answer.

You want to find someone by expecting them to fall in your lap? Again, you're being absurd. That insecurity is a sign of immaturity. There is no excuse for not being able to find a partner, no matter how you try to rationalize that nothing is good enough: leave that for Jow Forums. It's pathetic and it'll be the biggest challenge you have to overcome. In other words, your greatest enemy is yourself.

If you want someone, you have to work to find them and to keep them.

>Gym, public events like festivals, community events like marathons or land cleanups/volunteering, social events held by coworkers, religious events even if you're not religious, public transportation, literally any place where women are at. You have to learn to approach someone you've seen alone, you have to get used to getting turned down, and you have to learn how to take no for any answer.

Yeah, but you can't just do that. Half of these don't even exist where I live, and the other half, you can't approach people at.
Why would you approach someone on public transportation? Unless the bus/train is above half-filled, none of the aisle seats will be occupied. If you do sit there, you're already committing a major faux pas, not exactly off to a good start.
The only way you'd meet someone is through existing circles, and it's those circles I'm afraid I'd cut myself off from if I'd study engineering.

>Why would you approach someone on public transportation?
Because you're not the only single person in that bus or subway? Of course you can't strike up a conversation with any random. It has to be someone you like and someone who's willing to speak with you. Learning how to get turned down also includes learning to take hints not to talk to someone.
>The only way you'd meet someone is through existing circles
If you say so.
As long as you continue to come up with excuses, I'll be expecting you in Jow Forums in a few years, no matter what career you pick.

>Of course you can't strike up a conversation with any random. It has to be someone you like and someone who's willing to speak with you. Learning how to get turned down also includes learning to take hints not to talk to someone.
Yeah, I get that. But still, they'd be strangers to me before I talk to them, making it a major faux pas.
Figuring out if they're not interested is not very hard, but it'd still be embarrassing to have started the conversation.

Yeah, maybe you're right. But at least some other career would give me better chances.

You make excuses for everything.
You can study to be a nurse and you will still make excuses about how they don't like you or something

Oh look, it's the Scandinavian again.

If you make your life decisions based in what people think of you , you have already failed .