How do people stay motivated to look for jobs? I got my M.S. in Chemistry last year, 4.0GPA and 5 academic publications...

How do people stay motivated to look for jobs? I got my M.S. in Chemistry last year, 4.0GPA and 5 academic publications.

I drive for Uber to barely stay alive. I've sent out hundreds of job applications and never got a single reply. I dont even get replies on entry level lab technician jobs that will take associate's degrees.

Attached: 366ddbaf2d2304cabc2f665963837d78.jpg (320x247, 15K)

Lie on your resume

>fell for the STEM meme
were fucked user; all according to plan. (((they))) have created a class of unemployable endentured servants

Attached: 774D21AA-3499-46B0-A667-A81E9F6C7EA8.jpg (1024x536, 85K)

post your resume/cv with your identifying info removed. i have a masters and a phd in stem. i will help you

>believing someone on Jow Forums
Oh you

Become military officer

Motivation os for women and faggots.
Men move forward only because discipline.

I wouldnt "lie" just exaggerate. Say you were the team lead for a project, even if there was no team lead or it wasnt you. Your teacher said nice job on a report, say he loved your report. Most importantly make your resume look appealing for a woman because most of the time its woman who do the initial screening. Use key words that people in industry would use.

Fake it till you make it

Who in you life was so dumb to let you get a Masters in Chem?
Like, what happen to parents and mentors.
How fucking retarded do you have to be.
Jesus Christ, If you want to sit in a lab all day you could have done that with a Bach in Chem, now you are:
>an over-educated liability
>with a track record of bad decisions (like getting a masters in a stem field and not getting a job first and letting the company pay for a masters if they demand one)
>and without a real work history

Hope you enjoy driving uber
Some of us just serve as a lesson to others, I guess?

Attached: 1538280964727.jpg (1280x720, 177K)

Notice how you mentioned nothing of previous work experience? This is worrisome to employers. Take a lower paying job that has something to do with chemistry and work there for a year to two years. After this reapply and see the difference. You cant apply to MS chem required positions and hope to get the job just because you went to school. aa lot of people just went to school.

Oh I am sure he only applying to management positions, because he has a MASTERS degree.

Attached: 1465873386951.jpg (960x1280, 70K)

Neither of my parents finished high school. I grew up in rural Kentucky. My dad did time for selling meth a few years ago. My mom delivers Chinese food. So no, I didnt have any real guidance.

I've tried. I even sent my shit in to temp agencies. No one responds to me.

fpbp

I don't. Might kill myself if things don't work out soon because I don't feel at home at all in my family home and talking to my senpai is about as engaging and effective as talking to a foreigner. That combined with never having had touched a woman and having to wagecuck is enough to make me end this joke of an existence early.

I became acquainted with a guy who apparently was a chemist he worked around Santa Fe Albuquerque New Mexico and he ended up leaving what I assume was government work around the nuclear sites down there to brew beer and cider . It really is who you know you know?

No you haven't, my wife gets the same bullshit from all her applicants, they come out of college with masters (or ever phds) and they want a management job. They DESERVE a management position. She always tries to direct them to entry level positions and they huff off about how "educated" they are.
Just apply for welfare like the rest of the niggers OP.

Go down, find a job doing anything at the company you want to work for. Go clean lab equipment for 2 years like said.

Attached: 1530605694921.png (1000x530, 413K)

I've been underemployed for 2 years, applying for jobs every weekend and in my free time. All of my friends got jobs because of their parents. Some dumb bitch with an English degree got a high paying job with a military contractor because her daddy literally created a position for her out of thin air. My dad is blue collar and doesn't even know how to use a computer. I worked my way through college and it was all for nothing, nobody gives a shit about me.

You guys should all meet up and cry,

what do if have principles and don't want to lie?

learning how to lie is better than a college degree

Go abroad and use it.

Kek. The contact info on your resume is wrong.

you’re not alone user. h1b visa immigration is to blame and (((they))) are behind it. worst part is trump wants MORE of these subhumans to soak up any new job creation because they work for half the amount a citizen would because they’re deported if unemployed for 4 months. it will all come tumbling down soon enough.

Attached: 1D90C0EF-1C7E-4A53-9AAD-AB45E4489908.jpg (750x760, 292K)

If you have a MS, you need to lie in the opposite direction. Companies don't want to hire people with MS because they think they will require higher pay. I would honestly just leave the MS off the resume and only put the BS on there.

Normalfag employers don't understand the concept.

Enjoy being unemployed

Remember that you live in capitalism: the country and morals are wasted on normies

governmentjobs.com
Work for the government, get the benefits user. Yeah its slow and really easy work that probably won't challenge you, but it's better than nothing.

LOL you should probably just neck yourself now. Your future isnt going to be any brighter than it is today.

Attached: 1545075907309.gif (640x492, 1.9M)

You should meet up with a gun and kill yourself.

Unironically this.

This tactic has got me every $10-15 per hour job back when I couldnt get a job after uni

>white man
>getting a job in the government without connections
Hahaha

Why not set up a clandestine drug lab and start serving the local community? Can you cook crystal meth?

Nobody cares about chemistry, but, chemists make good thinkers.
Look outside science.

suddenly become “hispanic white”
if anyone questions you say there was a divorce before you were born and your mother kept her name.
never let up on that lie. fuck your feelings you poor faggot.

buy kneepads, you know the rest

Why don't you turn that anger into something useful user?

Attached: 0eeece06c0024b4ff46c006944edf2a3a07b52b048bcb2824c280c129b43c433.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Shoulda went to law school goy

become an officer in the coast guard, navy or air force.

what's your motivation here?

Sounds fake. Why wouldn't you just do a phd thesis so you can can a phd student stipend?

I got a coding job, it sucks. I spend my days pretending to work and browsing Jow Forums. Haven't been fired yet.

You're absolutely right, user.

Attached: ifonlyyouknewhowbadthingsreallyare.jpg (200x253, 17K)

The aryan male speaks the truth.

I think you should try to find a job at a paint factory or an oil refinery as a grunt. Then after 1 year of working hard let a trusted higher up know about your education.

>fall for IT is the future in 99-2000.
>get skills
>get job
>get experience
>work work work
>hmm im still broke no matter what I do
>accept "promotion"
>twice the work and stress
>extra 40$ a month
>this sucks
>job search. My current salary is twice what I would get anywhere else because of longevity.
>fml

Your CV should be tailored to the jobs you are applying for. No one wants to hire someone with more potential than they need because that leads to higher turn over rate. Dumb yourself down to your interviewer if you really have to make friends with stupid to get dat paycheck.

invent something unless you're nonwhite then haha good luck cleaning my toilets faggot.

>tfw got a job without needing a resume

Attached: 1527732532910.jpg (500x375, 23K)

That’s the perfect way to be viewed as someone looking to steal proprietary info from a company.

>I've sent out hundreds of job applications
call people on the phone, i doubt anyone reads a fucking application that is "sent" to them

>I have a job that doesn't require me to work
wow your life must suck man

Remind these threads are fake and made by shills as an attempt to demoralize people

Maybe try not being an Ass

Attached: 1514988081186.png (710x577, 44K)

Have you tried being a gay, disabled, black woman?
Oh wait! Maybe you already are!

I kinda feel bad for talking shit in here, my last 2 jobs the companies contacted me and convinced me to come to them.
Their HR people just contacted me later and said "we need a resume that includes these things for the job, please email back including this description"

But, the real point you should take from this thread, is why would I hire some angry soidrinker with a huge ego who spent the last 8 years in school when I could hire someone else who got it done in 4, did 3 solid internships in the field, and1 with my company already?

Attached: 1534764378131.gif (250x188, 1.85M)

we know, but the newfags don't, so drop in, drop some knowledge so it doesn't turn into a cry-fest

this is not a real thing, this user reads to many spy novels.

normalfags can't in2 principles

the business world is just a careful machination of various levels of information orchestrated entirely by merit(nepotism) that simply excludes autistic(candid) peoples by it's very nature

just make your own chemicals and start a company bitch, do something new

Never go out alone

>STEM
>Meme

Pick one. Much more employable than and English or History major as a result of actually having critical thinking skills.

I know that feel. My friend had to beg HR to even get me an interview at where he works. The interview went amazingly well and they said they wish I had applied sooner (I did... twice). It's for a $13/hr factory position.

I used to do front-end web development but due to me being fucking stupid and trying to help my mother out, I ended up being stuck in a small town with no money to my name and no car, so I can't get out of here.

>Mother says she's struggling
>Agree to help her because it's my Mother even though that hurts me
>I get told my Grandmother fell and broke her hip and insurance kicked her out of rehab because they don't want to pay anymore
>My mom isn't actually struggling, she was spending the money on dogs and weird taxidermy stuffed wolves for my sister
>The part about my Grandmother was true but she now refuses to ever talk to me again because my Mother made up lies and said I was stealing money from her and was beating her

So yeah, that's where I'm at.

you must be doing something terribly wrong in your job applications

>Over-educated

I can practically see the 2.0 on your transcript from here

you should have gone to work for your dad's company

Not if you're trying to get a research position in a drug development facility

This and knowing the right people. Honestly, I've met complete fucking retards throughout my life that had no position being in the position they were in. It's about knowing the right people.

>chemistry

damn nigga, that's actually a practical skill!

You could use your chemistry knowledge to manufacture something incredibly useful. If you have no interests outside of the internet, you probably don't even know how useful that knowledge is.

Go make me some new soluble oil flood coolant snake oil.

Attached: toolpost grinder.jpg (800x580, 97K)

You're either lying, or something about your resume/application is totally fucking retarded and disqualifying

This, very seriously.
The U.S. is declining in scientific research, there are other countries with a higher demand for chemists.

Then you wouldn't be able to do the job anyways. Employers dont want to hire someone with principals, they want to hire a good liar who will make them money and not draw attention

LMAO chemfag here. CHEMISTRY IS A DEAD FIELD YOU LITERALLY WASTED 6 years of your life for absolutely nothing. You're going to have to retrain for a different field. Sorry man.

Okay now that I've read through the thread, I'm calling bullshit. Temp agencies won't stop calling me but I had no car and no way to get to the positions they were offering me. Temp agencies hire fucking anyone that can pass a drug test.

>I got my M.S. in Chemistry last year
Lol. You fell for the STEM meme. Have fun, you're never going to earn a decent salary unless you're really really lucky and get a job in a high tech company developing something extremely new and cutting edge, or get a PhD and become a professor (and even they don't earn shit unless they're an Ivy League full professor) or something. You should have studied law, CS or at least business administration. Retard.

Attached: suggestions.jpg (460x276, 25K)

cut off your mother asap, she has rescinded her bonds of blood and family.

Lol, I got a decent job in IT when I was two semesters into my degree. It pays pretty well. Just accepted a new offer where I get a slight bump in pay and I work from home.

Any refinery will hire you.

It's been awhile, I could use a batch.

Already did. Contact and everything. Reported her disgusting apartment she abandoned to her landlord and contacted the agency she was receiving benefits from.

learn forex

Use your education to discover something that breaks down plastic waste or some shit.

starve

Chem profs in canada make $140-220k /year

>you should have studied law
lawfags are cancer

Um no sweetie you don't know what it's like to be poor or disadvantaged, you're a white male. Welcome to the real world where your straight white male privilege won't get your very far when I'm the hiring HR manager :)

Attached: megalia.jpg (700x393, 121K)

Eh, I'm not that edgy.

OP likely isn’t here anymore, but I’ll post this anyways. There is a MASSIVE disconnect between academic research and industry research. There is 100% jobs in Chem, but industry is only looking for scalable reactions. If you have published some obscure synthesis with 60-85% yield, that’s fucking useless to industry. If you were actually a 4.0 you would have realized this and gotten into catalysis or computational. EVERY OTHER BRANCH OF CHEM IS USELESS TO INDUSTRY.

Not as cancer as STEMfags.

>he needs kike professors to teach him how to think

Attached: 1503584986371.jpg (625x415, 65K)

In order to survive in this world you must embrace total emptiness.

Engineering is the superior degree
you cannot refute this

Not really. They earn about $100k (USD, not CAD) a year. Not saying that's a small amount, but it's definitely not as much as an Ivy League prof, and definitely not worth the effort.

Attached: 1465457686796.png (1029x328, 29K)

more like a 2.8, yeah.
Do i get extra good goy points for being dumb and having an mech eng degree?

>lab
Brown women are in charge of hiring now. The civilization that white mem built will now crumble because brown people would rather live in shit than see whites living decently. It’s too bad you didn’t know this before going to school.

Go to a rural area and work the land, people will hire you if you're willing to do decent work for food and a warm bed. It doesn't have to be a permanent solution but you can use the offtime(at a farm you will do 12h days at times, 6h days at times or 0h days at times, but one thing is certain, at sundown the work stops and you habe 3-4h freetime to study/learn w/e till bedtime) to advace your skills at whatever. The work might be hard at times, but i personally found it liberating, since your mind will be at ease and under little to no stress.

tfw high school education.
Was making 65k/yr in management because I lied on my resume.
Got fired due to recession.
Making 40k/yr doing bitch work and this summer I'm getting a 30k raise/promotion

I'm starting an online degree now though because I'm hitting a ceiling with pay and experience.

You’re an inspiration man. Your dad was a lowly meth delivery man, but you got an education allowing you to get into meth *production*. Look at you climbing that ladder!