Am I in the wrong for refusing to set my single friend up with a girl from my SO's social circle...

Am I in the wrong for refusing to set my single friend up with a girl from my SO's social circle? He did the same years ago, when I was having difficulties finding a partner, when I was lonely as fuck and at my lowest. He could have helped me, but he chose not to.

Attached: 1506239148202.png (900x900, 17K)

Did he ask you to set him up with a specific person or anyone? I don't think you're wrong here at all, but vindictiveness is probably not the best approach.

>Did he ask you to set him up with a specific person or anyone?

The latter. He left it up to me to decide which girl he would be most likely to click with.

But, as I said, I'm having second thoughts about helping him.

What did he say when you asked him?

I mean, just invite him over when you're all hanging out and let him do the rest. That's all you need to do. You don't have to be so petty, you should be nice because it feels nice to be nice, not as a part of a transaction.

You mean, when I asked him to set me up? He led me on for quite some time. I tried giving him a nudge on several occasions, but he just kept making empty promises and stalling, so I gave up eventually.

Nah, I don't think so.

if you want to be petty and vindictive then keep on keeping on. the only real downside is that he'll remember this and could do something unforeseen to spite you in the future, even though in your mind you're only getting even for his prior actions.

or you could do like suggested and invite him to a group hangout, then from there it's all on him.

Attached: cool dude.jpg (600x600, 59K)

You don't sound like a very good friend desu

If you're harboring resentment from years ago , maybe you shouldn't be friends

So you’re just being petty because he didn’t help you years ago?

I was in a really bad place years ago (almost no friends, no romantic prospects, no female attention, failing uni). He would have helped me tremendously had he set me up with a girl. Even if things hadn't worked out between me and the girl, I would still have appreciated the favor and gladly return it now.

If you have no friends and you're failing school then you shouldn't even be trying to get into a relationship. Girls aren't bandaids to fix your fucked up life. Theyre a bonus when you're doing well in life.

If your life was a fucking mess and he set you up with a girl in his social circle, that would make him look bad.

I wouldn't set you up with my friends either desu. You have some strange entitlement issues and mixed up priorities.

Dude, what if none of the girls wanted to be set up with? People don't appreciate "hey this person's life is shit can you take the time and energy out of your day to date them when you've either never met them or aren't particularly interested?"

If someone likes you, friends will try to set you up. If they're actively looking for someone like you, then they'll try to set you up. But it's absolutely not fair to ask or expect someone to date a person out of pity.

I know it hurts to hear this but it's not like they're refusing you a spare coat when you're freezing. This is another person we're talking about.

>be a loser
>expect free chicks as handouts
you're delusional

Spoken like a true normalfaggot.

Even when I had my life in order I still had no luck with women. I became really demoralized and I started self-isolating and stopped studying. I felt dehumanized.

Physical affection and sex aren't a bonus, they are a prerequisite to being happy, especially when you have never experienced either, like me, several years ago (besides that ONE FUCKING PITY HUG). The people who dispute that are either coping incels in denial or normalfaggots who have actual options and could easily get into a relationship.

Whatever

Nobody is saying that affection and sex aren't necessary. But human rights are also a thing. Bodily autonomy is a thing. Nobody has any right to your body, ever. Not even to save their life. Not even after you're dead. Not only is this the law, it is right.

This extends to you and everybody else. It's why your organs can't be harvested even if the president needs it to survive.

By saying that you're entitled to a girl's body because you're suffering, you are saying you don't care about other people's rights, health, or happiness if it personally inconveniences you.

Shit sucks. I know how badly it sucks. Being alone, needing affection and not getting it, it's fucking awful. It fucks with your head. But you can't use that as justification to be an asshole, or you will keep making yourself even more alone. Nobody wants to be friends with or date someone who says "My personal gain is more valuable than your comfort and safety." And acting like this is only going to keep isolating you more and more.

You can't make other people like you. So if you want people to like you, you'd better act like a person they want in their lives. And it's not easy, but it's what you have to do.

Like I said, even if it hadn't worked out, I would still have appreciated the effort on his part greatly.

You're an angry, resentful piece of shit and it's completely obvious through a few lines of text alone why no woman would ever want to be with you.

>it's completely obvious through a few lines of text alone why no woman would ever want to be with you

Please elaborate.

>So you’re just being petty because he didn’t help you years ago?
>>I was in a really bad place years ago [...]

Hey wait.... you didn't answer his question...

The past that you experienced has nothing to do with what you're doing now... if it does, then that's called you being petty...

And in which case. Yes. That makes you a bad friend and in the wrong.

It's perfectly fine to say no for any number of reasons (you don't want to put your girlfriend in that spot, you don't think your friend is in a good place, you don't feel comfortable setting people up, etc.), but not doing it as direct payback or revenge for something that went down in the past...

That reflects poorly on your current character.

If you knew a friend of yours was a lonely, depressed incel, wouldn't you try helping them out? Perhaps not by setting them up, but just helping them meet new people, particularly ones from the opposite sex? Or would you just leave them to rot?

You sound like Elliot Rodgers.

>I'm entitled to the romantic affection of a woman!!!
Spoiler: you're not entitled to anything in life.

Why do you people always pull that card when NOBODY HAS SAID THAT

You don't have to say something to act something. You're expressing the mentality that you friend should have found a girl to date you, and the only reason he didn't was that he wanted to screw you over, and that he should have found you a girl regardless. The girl's opinion is nowhere in this equation.

>Even when I had my life in order and women weren't jumping on my dick

Entitlement

>I became demoralized and felt dehumanized

Entitlement and resentment. Blaming others.

>Affection is a prerequisite to being happy (and no one will give it to me)

Entitlement and resentment, victimhood mentality, learned helplessness.
Stop thinking so much about what YOU want. Literally no one gives a fuck what you want and they never will. You want women? Figure out what THEY want, and then come to a mutual understanding.

Ok to be clear i'm not implying you sound violent or anything. But you sound like a typical angry incel who believes he deserves the affection of a woman according to these quotes:

>Even when I had my life in order I still had no luck with women.
>I felt dehumanized.
>Physical affection and sex aren't a bonus, they are a prerequisite to being happy
You say you NEED physical affection and sex to feel happy. Now i'm not disregarding the importance of romance and sex. But again, it comes across as if you think every person in the world deserves to have this in their lives. The simple truth is, that's just not the case. Nature doesn't care about what should, it simply does or it doesn't.

>Stop thinking so much about what YOU want. Literally no one gives a fuck what you want and they never will. You want women? Figure out what THEY want, and then come to a mutual understanding.
This pretty much.

The world isn't as rosy and disneyland-esque as society wants us to believe. It's a competitive environment with both winners and losers. This goes for entrepreneurship, the corporate ladder and it goes for the sexual market place. If you want to be successful, you need to out compete other people in one way or another. That cute girl you've been eyeing for months? Yes you can try to get her, and by all means go for it. But realize there are probably dozens of other dudes who have their eyes on her and are contemplating making a move on her.

There has to be something valuable about you as a potential boyfriend/fuckbuddy or whatever you want to be to her that not every average Joe can offer her. Young, attractive women are spoilt for choice.

>stop living your life and make yourself into a weird normalfag friendly effigy of yourself if you ever want a relationship
This is horrific.