My wife insists we call our future child "rainseed" and wont back down...

My wife insists we call our future child "rainseed" and wont back down. I have confrontation and am backing down instead.

what do? how can i reapproach this insanity?

Attached: download.jpg (194x260, 10K)

Say that youre concerned with her potentially being bullied in school, and offer a compromise for rainseed to be the middle name

You married a woman who wants to name her child "Rainseed"? Brace yourself for the future dude.

Attached: 1518109166487.jpg (636x705, 47K)

So your wife is a raging hippie, then?

>what do? how can i reapproach this insanity?

Ok, first of all have you considered that you might be wrong? That's the first step in any argument, "Am I wrong? Do I even need to be having this argument?". Why does your wife want the child named that so badly? Is she still shit testing you? Is the name even that bad?

What do you want? Why do you want it? What does she want? Why does she want it? What do you both want?

>Is the name even that bad?
Not OP but yes that's a horrible fucking name. Kids never go easy on peers with weird names.

Kids will make fun of anything. I have a perfectly normal name of David and I still got bullied mercilessly throughout elementary school because I was a little faggot.

Maybe don't raise Rainseed to take shit? How about that?

>rainseed to be the middle name
im not even sure i can do that

shes not called rainseed yet. did that work for you or people you know?

something to do with her religion.

In My school there was this guy named John who was a complete and total raging dork spazz. He sang "Under the sea" from The Little Mermaid acapella in front of the entire school for a talent contest and his equally spazzy parents let him. Having a normal name will not make kids go easy on you. Not being a total beta nerd will make the kids go easy on you.

You got bullied because you were faggot. She will fry bullied for her name even without being a faggot.

user you can't just say she wants to name your kid something so bully-inducing without greentexting us some context/story behind why she would want that. Or what kind of significance it has to her, or what kind of person she is in general.

>something to do with her religion.
So you don't even really know.

Ok

So how about you and her, as you know, a marriage, a partnership of sorts, actually talk about things and work it out instead of you trying to talk to your make believe friends on Jow Forums about it?

Maybe she actually has a meaningful reason that you (as someone that I assume gives a fuck about her) might need to know before reflexively shitting on the idea.

People don't get chronically bullied for their names you 90's child movie writer. It might happen once or twice but if Rainseed isn't a faggot it won't matter. And if he/she is a faggot they'd get bullied for something else anyway.

For what it's worth, everyone thought my nephew would get bullied for his name. He turns 11 next week and has never been bullied for it.

What's his name? Bart?

Thane.

what if youre not a beta nerd but you are called crapbag.

im not sure your suggestions are useful.

Could be worse, user, i know a girl whose surname is literally "tyts"
Pick a normal second name and teach the kid to assert himself and make people call him however he prefers
Is your wife indigenous or something?

>meaningful reason
would you let your wife call your child "shitcakes" even if she had a meaningful reason?

shes not even in a proper religion its like one of those weird fringe groups from the 70s.

thane? thought you would come out with something better than that

>Our ancient texts revere Goddess Girija, the Rainseed that forms the fount of all life on Earth. The name was inspired by this resonant chord that is timeless, and goes back centuries into the distant past of our Indian ethos and heritage.

>marrying and impregnating a pooinloo
The kid's name should be the least of your problems

RANCID

>would you let your wife call your child "shitcakes" even if she had a meaningful reason?
She's not trying to call it "shitcakes" she's trying to call it "rainseed" which yes, is a little weird, but it isn't blatantly vulgar. Kids will just call her/him "Rain" unless your kid actually sucks (because you suck as a parent).

Agree, and then when it comes time to put the name on the birth certificate catch the nurse in the hall and tell the her your wife is just off her rocker on the drugs of childbirth and that you both agreed on ‘Victoria’ earlier.

You're right. Rainseed is a perfectly reasonable name and not the most retarded thing ever. Here's some other suggestions OP
>Antlers
>Treehouse
>Scooby Doo
>Titfuck
>Briefcase
>Porkchop Jones
>Lil Tip
>Banana
>Zargo the Defiler
>Weed
>Horse
>Erectus Maximus
>Tittyboi
>Oatmeal
>Brick
>Giraffe
>Bort
>Stick
>Dodecahedron
>xXx_SLAYER_xXx
>Butter
>Moomoo
>Ahnold
>Cup
>Tropical Boi
>Meminghower
>Skyler

That should get your almonds activated. I'm sure your kid will love you OP and not murder you after years of bullying and rejected job applications

Holy shit dude.

If you have so little respect for your wife just divorce her already. It doesn't matter if it's a weird name you, what matters is how strongly she feels about it, why she feels that way and whether or not your wants are more important and can/will be adequately explained by you to her.

Hey, there's a compromise.

If it's a girl call her "Rain", Middle name "Seed".

No one gives a fuck about middle names anyway.

>Briefcase
>Oatmeal
This, if she complains you just tell her how important oatmeals and briefcases have been for society and the advancement of humanity, being named after them should be a honor
Plan B get her sect's spiritial mentor to talk her out of it

Yes OP, do this. Openly mocking your spouses beliefs have never ended a marriage.

>Kids will just call her/him "Rain" unless your kid actually sucks (because you suck as a parent).
you need to stop projecting about being bullied in elementary school i think.

You need to stop assuming she will just because of her name.

Lost it at Scooby Doo

Does it have to be exactly spelled rainseed? What about first name Rayn or Rayne and middle name Seed or something.

When does the line cross though. you wouldnt call your child "shitcakes" but if thats bad thenwhere is the line for other ridiculous names and why doesnt rainseed cross it?

>Being alright with someone whimsically forcing another human being to spend the rest of their lives being called precipitation plumule

hmmm... maybe reina. ive never met someone called it but atleast its a real name apparently. but then again it doesnt sound amazing.

If she's my wife and has a good enough reason that trumps my arbitrary desires. Yeah. You got it, good job.

Maybe your daughter isn't amazing?

Also Reina is just "Queen" in Spanish.

Everything is a "real" name you retard.

Interesting. I'd put the welfare of the child first.

>When does the line cross though
When your wife is no longer happy with you.

Happy wife happy life.

If her happiness is really and truly tied to naming your child something retarded then either go along with it or divorce her already.

I was born in 1987 and a girl I knew named Ashley Watts actually was bullied for her name during the 90s. "Watt's up, Ashley"

Attached: 1546991923510.jpg (871x720, 84K)

What welfare? As previously mentioned the attitude and general disposition of the child is a far greater determinant to peer abuse than their name. How else will the name "rainseed" or "Rain Seed Doe" or "Reyne Sied Doe" possible affect their welfare?

Heard your wife wants to fuck me. Better go make her happy, chop chop

the child has no say?!
hmm maybe shr wont like that then. whats rain in spanish.

>I'm going to take everything to the extreme
>that'll show him

Oooh user, you sure got me.

Lluvia.

Also why does everyone here think im a piece of shit because i have the lucidity to recognise the difference between a normal and weird name?

I actually knew a guy in HS who’s first name was Que. Like literally the spanish word Que but pronounced like kw-ay. and his last name was also dumb af. Howver this guy was very popular, always had friends and girls around him, and casually walked around without hiding any hickies he had. He was also a football player. I think he is in business or something nowadays & seems pretty happy.
I think that as long as the kid is cool/not a loner or weirdo/ a fun person to be around, then ppl wont give a fuck what their name is. Some of his own dude bro friends sometimes made fun of his name, but that shit literally slide off his back like nothing. He seemed very confident in himself.

I think let the wife name the child Rainseed. Maybe try to compramise and just have the first name Rain and middle name Seed.

he probably wants you to. he was a faggot as a child and so probably is into cuckery now.

Names affect a lot more than bullying in school. Let's say "rainseed" wants to be a politician, for example. Rainseed is going to have a tough time, because so much of that is based on image; people aren't going to take rainseed seriously, even though it's stupid to judge someone by their name, because that's human nature. Let's say Rainseed wants to be a news reporter. Again, same problem. Executives will laugh, saying nobody would take that name seriously. This isn't just about preferences for names. The child should be given a name that isn't going to potentially create complications for them later. OP tell her to compromise and make it a middle name.

It's not that we don't think the name is weird user. What we are trying to drill into your head is the fact that you're on here discussing it with anons when it is at its core a relationship issue that needs to be resolved by the two of you. That maybe the argument doesn't even need to be had because she might have a legitimately strong reason for wanting it as opposed to you "it's weird" critique.

Yes, we get it and agree, it is weird. But maybe find out why it matters at all before dismissing it.

So? They can just change it.

Hey, you're just trying to make your wife happy, right? That's what it's all about, serving your wife over yourself. You're nothing but an extension of her will, after all. Disagreeing with a decision that involves the both of you is just selfish. Happy wife, happy life.

Tell her to wear fishnets when she comes over.

Because you don't even know WHY she wants it and OUR opinions shouldn't matter in naming your child.

My middle name is Windreed if i can deal with it, you can

It's a weird name user, not a betrayal of trust and commitment to the relationship. Why do you think you have a point here and why did that trigger you so hard?

>Rainsneed

Formerly Chuck's.

I've been trying really hard not to make this joke for the entirely of this thread.

That at least works for the second example, but why even give them that obstacle for no reason? Why not just make your child's life easier by giving them a name that won't unnecessarily complicate their lives just because it amuses you? Really, what's more important, the life of another human being, or satisfying some absurd whim about their name? Why don't we reverse this logic on you here. If naming people is that arbitrary, why don't they give them a normal name and then call them rainseed at home?

thats quite a nice word actually. would have to see if it sticks

hahahahaha thats a funny name but atleast it doesnt really mean anything.

im reluctant to take the chance - my child may be "unfriending" and the name makes it worse. and little things like bullying make a big difference. can ruin your whole life. arent bullied people more likely to commit suicide and do meth and stuff like that?

>why don't they give them a normal name and then call them rainseed at home?
I have no idea. Because OP hasn't even answered why the damn name is so important to his wife in the first place. The only thing mentioned is a post that may give some Hindu connection.

I dont get it

Your point is that any objection OP has is wrong because it's not what his wife wants. My point is that relationships involve compromise and that he isn't morally obligated to go along with the profoundly retarded name "rainseed." Just put your wife on the computer, she's clearly the brains of the relationship

>Because OP hasn't even answered why the damn name is so important to his wife in the first place.
because he doesn't even know because he has an unhealthy marriage

>Your point is that any objection OP has is wrong because it's not what his wife wants.
Not my point at all. That's you projecting.

I know it's in poor taste, but so is calling a kid Rainseed. I couldn't resist.

Rancid rainseed

Now that’s a trashy ass fucking name

Ok but have you actually stated your worries to your wife? Have you...even tried to compromise something?

The solution should have been obvious to you, and I would have solved it instantly.
>"Honey, we're calling her Rainseed."
>"I'm gonna rainseed all over your face."

Bam. Problem solved.

Attached: 1532925491042.jpg (1008x709, 71K)

Lost it at Skyler

hey man i dont get involved. its not like you always go to your wifes church you dont believe in. just gives me time to sit and have a whisky.

Skyler is a perfectly normal girls name.

jesus the bullying has already started.

>its not like you always go to your wifes church you dont believe in
Yeah, you do. Because that's your partner. You're supposed to support each other in most things even the spiritual....Why the fuck are you married to this person you clearly have no interest in?

Skyler is a fucking awful name.
Just wait till she gets to high school, see

That was literally your argument though.
If you want to backpedal and say that's not what you're arguing, then rephrase it and we'll go off of that.
>Projecting
Do you even know what that word means? Where in this thread did I suggest that I agree with

>compromise something
yes but she says the name is deeper than superficial events on earth and that the name is protection or something. like i said i dont get involved. lluvia sounded nice.

Kek
Is rainseed a euphemism for facial?

>Lil Tip

Attached: 1478685839779.jpg (1200x654, 90K)

come on NO one goes to their partners church if its not their religion. you live in airy fairy land.

you know when i was a catholic my ex then would tell me to my face that my god was a dick. people are allowed opinions..

If her happiness is actually tied to this then yes you're a shitty husband if you unilaterally ignore her desires based on "it's so weird guise". The chances of her happiness actually truly being tied to this aren't very high though. Unless it has some very significant family or religious meaning that OP doesn't know about because he doesn't have a healthy dialogue with his wife.

>you know when i was a catholic my ex then would tell me to my face that my god was a dick.
Oh, apparently I'm too much of an asshole to ever have a relationship but this fucking casanova gets a pass. Brilliant.

And this is why there's a 50% divorce rate.

Hey my father did to support my mom and her beliefs. But she cheated on him anyway so... But people like that exist & would go above and beyond for the one they love

Thats a horrible thing to say..

Yeah, your ex was a piece of shit.

Plenty of guys can say that.

>alternating visiting holy houses
>above and beyond
My parents were Protestant and Catholic, each week we went to different church. One week Presbyterian, the next Catholic and then Presbyterian again. I never thought it was weird or an enormous sacrifice for either of them.

It's not even just to "support her beliefs"

You think there aren't single men at those churches? They already believe the same things, relationships have been started with less. You're her husband, claim your property.

who you talking about? me? it was my ex that said it about me being catholic.

she probably cheated on him because he was up her backside 24/7

exactly! but uno thats worse than mine and peoe have freedom of speech and you can be civil with eachother. some people have wives who have weird boring hobbies they dontwant any part in. wives dont givea shit about sport either. i dont need to get involved in her religions. she goes and does her thing. if i went i would probably embarass hwr the she wouls cheat on me like the guy up there. and you cant enjoy a whisky with the wife around.

>Meminghower
My fuckin sides

>going to church with her is being up her backside 24/7

It's just church, sit and be respectful for a fucking hour. No one is asking you to recite the bible from memory ffs.

>if her happiness is tied to this
Ignoring the fact that this would make her a bad wife on the grounds of being clinically retarded, who's to say that OP doesn't get more happiness from the name being something different? Why should her happiness be put before his anyway? Also, if you think this scenario is unlikely, then why are you even making this argument in the first place? The more you try to explain why he's being a bad husband, the dumber your entire argument sounds

Made me laugh

>who's to say that OP doesn't get more happiness from the name being something different?
No one, if he did then she'd be the asshole but so far OP has only communicated that he thinks it's weird.

>then why are you even making this argument in the first place?

Because the entire point is that OP has no idea why his wife even gives a flying fuck.

Wow you’re such a rational person, 1 Golden Star for u :)

>tittyboi
Um that’s my name thanks.

im pretty sure her religion is joining in or some shit its defo not sitting down listening to some charismatoc pastor telling gaymen to burn in hell if thats what youre thinking

sonetimes i think that was the beginning of the end of catholicosm

>im pretty sure her religion is joining in or some shit
So you don't know.

What religion is your wife user?

>im pretty sure her religion is
>im pretty sure
you don't know what religion your wife is? i'm calling bullshit