Is democracy truly good?

International relations undergrad here...

Why is there such a push for democracy in contemporary polisci literature? My classes constantly post a country’s progress as it’s resemblance to a liberal democracy.

Attached: A8D1BF5B-051C-4FBD-B89B-D11B3D6EA891.jpg (640x427, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/N9oqTnqQe9w
youtu.be/np_ylvc8Zj8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Democracy
This is just a map of jewish influence

Attached: 1550703466380.png (640x997, 272K)

I’m thinking it probably is. While I will agree that things are probably better in first world countries, I know they want democracy to divide the populations.

I did IR as an Undergrad as well
Watch out for the Commies the fuckers are everywhere

Good vid on Democracy vs Progress
youtu.be/N9oqTnqQe9w

Democracy is good for the people, but the illusion of democracy is good for the elite. Democracy is impossible under capitalism, as wealth and note votes dictate the overall direction of government. The push for liberal democracy is just part of the mechanism to control the lower classes by making them think they have representation and that the solution to their concerns is to vote and wait around for a politician to do something.

It's good for global business.

Surprisingly, Marx is largely discredited in my books. The new emphasis is an emphasis on constructivism and something called world-systems theory, where “core” countries (first world) are exploiting the “periphery” (third world). Feminist and postmodern theories of IR and polisci are gaining ground, but probably because of their hype; realism and liberalism are still dominant

Marx is seen as correct when discussing class consciousness, the rise of the urban populations, and in pointing out the importance of economics in political identity.

You get it
And why can't a country like Serbia, Afganistan extra govern there own nation
And send America to attack them in the name of democracy(Orwellian).
The thing is that democratic nations look better just for show.

For the lurkers, here’s a great documentary about the British system of offshore banking and how it is the true successor to their Empire today, very informative:

youtu.be/np_ylvc8Zj8

(((International finance))) truly rules

Attached: F5957DF3-1EC6-4A5D-AD54-F25D6B6180E6.png (640x1136, 931K)

While I agree that democracy is not completely possible, I will say that the idea of democracy makes it possible for people in some first world countries to truly call bullshit on their governments and make it stick. It’s amazing how much faith we put on representatives, makes me think only a certain group of people is for to rule over others

And (((business is booming))) jack

True dat. It makes my blood boil to visit military cemeteries and see so surprisingly many of my generation dead from our recent wars, or even more so dead from suicide afterwards or maimed from IEDs

I know a lot of you Slavs don’t like Putin for various reasons (and Georgians HATE him for obvious reasons) but I respect him and I think America should stand closer with him.

Attached: globalism.png (1045x628, 73K)

What a time to be alive

Aristotelian democracies are good. Once upon a time the citizenry of the US democracy was 100% white and in its profound flesh-and-blood philia acted with a racial concious to keep America a heritage for white people for all time.

That democracy eventually gave way to an aristocracy of moneyed interests. And just as slavery and the presence of niggers on this land is a legacy of when we were ruled by the british aristocracy - our current aristocracy too has no issue importing the entire 3rd world.

The latter is what is advocated in schools. They invoke democracy for the virtues of the sovereignty and self determination that good men died to give America but they really mean it a mask behind which is the very thing we tried to escape.

Maybe. I always thought it seemed a bit utopian though, especially when we’re dealing with the world we have now

indeed

Attached: income distribution.jpg (908x483, 49K)

It does piss me off a bit to see liberal conservatives totally play off the rising income inequality happening here.

Occupy didn’t do shit, I get that it was a glorified drum circle, but what can we do about it?

Dude, I hated college (still graduated), but I really doubt I could handle doing a major that pozzed.

It is utopian. Democracies predictably evolve this way.
It isn't a coincidence that the Founding Fathers' warnings hit the target on everything we would become and that the first two rights they gave us are tools to fix it.

I agree with you that this degree can be very pozzed, and I will go further and say that many of the theories we learn are based on obvious, almost common sense shit, not like the natural sciences.

That being said, I was watching an interview with Dr. John Mearshimer (one of the pioneers of the modern theory of liberalism) and he said that it takes a certain type of person to be intuitively able to think up a theory and apply it to multiple international situations.

In other words, polisci have a shallow learning curve that almost anybody can access, but it takes a special kind of autist to truly succeed in it

Fuck do I love the Second Amendment and the butthurt it causes...

That one sentence truly changed the entire world.

Bump