How do you become more interesting?

So after some years of solitude i've decided to try to get some friends and maybe even a girlfriend. Problem is, my personality is so bland i can't keep a conversation going for long. People see me as boring. How do i get along with other people and seem to be an interesting person?g

Attached: 1546182460211.png (550x550, 74K)

just make sure you pitch in for beer and shit

have a life to talk about, it doesn't need to be much but something

you could just be the guy that says "yeah man, i work all day and come home." totally passable because they know what you do with your time

That's why you have a hard time making friends, not enough experiences to connect with people. Do stuff, go out, work. Make those experiences by getting involved in things with other people even if they're not friends.

Just start being active. Go hiking and shit man. Make your life interesting and it will be

Guess thats another bad trait of mine that seems uninteresting, i dont smoke neither drink and as for life experience i think i got enough to tell but i think it would sound as if im bragging so i usually dont talk about it

So i should pick up some sort of hobby, thats good, but how about when people ask about other things? Are you supposed to be some sort of clown all the time?

Who cares if you don't smoke or drink. I don't do any of those things often and I'm nearing 30. I'd rather not have smokers around me but an ocassional drink is fine. I don't drink beer though.

What do you like to do? It really depends if you are an interesting person to begin with. Do you have things to talk about?

Listen op I’m going to break down some social interactions for u but I’m not a Friendship Doctor

Yes you should get a hobby
Just be yourself but practice talking about something. Think of it as exchanging information with another creature. Sometimes you learn things from asking about people’s lives so I usually keep asking people questions about themselves to keep the conversation going. Like nothing crazy but if they say they like turtles be like why? Then they say oh I’m ima turtle scientist then there’s like a whole menu of options to chose from like what do the turtles eat? What do they do for fun? Etc

then when you ask people questions you should sometimes add a relatable thing that connects the two of you, if you want to be friends. Like oh shit the turtles love basketball? I actually play that! And then if they ask you questions just respond naturally
And that my friends is how to have a basic conversation from somebody who is probably not qualified

Besides the usual useless stuff like play vidya, i like drawing and reading. I could talk about some of my paintings and favorite books but i dont know how to not make it look like im some narcissistic guy, so i usually give short and straight answers that are just boring to listen to.

Do stuff. Read books. Keep up with pop culture and current affairs. Have a keystone hobby or two that really tickle your passion.

You don't, like most things you're either naturally proficient or awful, no in betweens.

Thanks for the advice, i think i get what you mean, you get the convo to keep going by rambling from time to time, will keep that in mind

Attached: mfw.jpg (985x554, 107K)

Develop yourself and your interests: if you like movies, learn a little bit about cinematography and watch some classics, then you'll have something to say about them. Make sure you watch modern popular stuff as well, you'll be able to talk about what's current in an interesting way.

Talk a bit about yourself and your current life with other people too - your worries, your hopes, etc. It'll help you find other similar people, and help other people relate to you.

>help other people relate to you
So the key to being succesfull in socialization would be to learn to lecture people and talk about what they like and want to hear, right? Because lets say the other person doesn't like movies but i'm all about them, the chat would be akward if none of us have something un common

If this is the OP talking then clearly you don't need any help, you've got a winning attitude that will endear you to anyone! Go get 'em, tiger!

There's the slight issue of only being able to talk about yourself constantly which is a big problem and will turn people away from you.

I'm not OP but, being about to keep a conversation interesting and NOT talking about yourself is really hard too, most times I just stay silent to avoid the stress.

Yeah and then if you see them again ask them for updates on some of the things you learned about them. Like how’s Howard the turtle doing
The very important key that I forgot to mention is to still not talk TOO much and let the other person talk just as much or more than you talk. Don’t interrupt people etc. you’ll get into the flow of it so don’t overthink it because if you mess up nobody really thinks about it unless they’re 12. Everybody is a bit awkward

Guess i did sound a bit too cocky right there
Couldn't have said it better myself, its also hard to not sound uninterested about what other people talk about