Why do europoors hate these?

Attached: how-an-automatic-transmission-works.jpg (849x565, 472K)

Other urls found in this thread:

confrontingpoverty.org/poverty-discussion-guide/why-is-poverty-higher-in-the-u-s-than-in-other-countries/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We don't. But basically, everyone learn driving on manuals.
Autos are good in city cars where you are always going start and stop. See the Smart cars.
To be honest, even women here drive manuals, so where's the issue?

theyre harder to operate and everyone lives in dense cities in europe

they're more expensive and europoors gonna poor

>automatics are harder to operate
nigger what

Attached: 1519319694969.png (550x543, 50K)

see
>even women here drive manuals, so where's the issue?

manuals are harder to operate, sorry

I like to decide myself when to change gears. Amerimutts love getting everything spoonfed by their kike masters so its natural they want to give as much control away as possible.

I don't hate them but they are more expensive and some of them are less fuel efficient.
And if something breaks it far more expensive to fix.
I just find manual more enjoyable, I'm used to driving it.

older automatics are shit, manuals are fun desu if you are into driving and you want to engage more in the experience. automatics are getting really good nowadays, waaay faster than manuals, so they make more sense. it's all about what's more important to you: driving control or comfort

>tfw American
>tfw drive manual
Who else here /stickmasterrace/

I like driving an automatic because i can use my free hand to hold my gfs hand.

Attached: d06.png (481x406, 42K)

Also, "harder to operate", yes, but try driving a manual, it's not really that hard. Changing gears takes like a second once you're used to it.
You can also creep in 1st using clutch if you're too lazy to change gears. It's harder on the clutch, but clutch is expendable anyway.

>Everyone lives in dense cities in Europe

Attached: IMG_20181020_142620.jpg (3264x2448, 1.84M)

Same reason amerifats hate treadmills.

might as well turn off power steering too, and maybe you should also get out of the car and blow on your engine when it heats up too much since you're not using oil to lubricate the pistons, since you're the type of guy that wants to do everything himself and its so manly and sheeitttt

Because they used to consume more fuel than manuals, and fuel here is expensive. So automatics here are a "luxury" for the rich.
Not so much these days as it used to be in the past, mostly bc electric cars and general dumbing down.

>why do europoors hate these?
Personally I don't hate these; in fact I'd like to have it, although it wouldn't be ideal in my current car (2010 Ford Focus 1,6 Duratec).

>sports car from before 2010
>automatic gearbox
INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

Automatic is for bitches

>theyre harder to operate

Attached: 1526563803767.gif (200x200, 2M)

Fapping while driving are we? But seriously its difficult to eat a McDonald's burger while having to shift too so automatics are popular here

6speed 04 gto reporting.

>harder to operate

Attached: 783DCA2C-B2D8-40BB-81B0-9066AF7908B7.jpg (205x246, 9K)

Many sports cars don't have power steering you know.

Jesus Christ those things aren’t even remotely similar to what he’s talking about. Your analogies fucking suck.

I drive automatic as do all taxi drivers because its more comfortable. Manual is a meme

here, if you take your test in an automatic, you can't drive manual.
if you pass in a manual, you get a license to drive either.

The fuel consumption is higher in the auto gear.
In the snow it's better the manual. You can turn on the engine pushing ithe car with the manual if the battery fails or the engine is flooded.
Last but not the least, we don't have to hold our boyfriend's hand

Both are shit all cars should use dual clutch

Attached: porsche-911-gt2-image16.jpg (1600x900, 327K)

Like the other user said the standard tests are taken in manuals, it's the type of car most practice and pass in, so even if you consider them harder to drive it is second nature to us.
Honestly what's the problem with practising with something harder, surely that would make me more proficient at it once it is mastered

they probably will as the technology gets cheaper.

>is higher
*WAS higher

I prefer to choose myself when to change gears. automatic transmissions are for the elderly.

paddle shifters is the real master-race.

Attached: 900645_x800.jpg (800x600, 74K)

You can choose gears on automatic too (though only in sequence).

Because road racing is a European tradition.

Also can eat a burger and drive at the same time.

I’m a courier in a major U.S. city, driving ~150 miles per day 50% highway, and drive a 6-speed manual. When I got an automatic rental car for two weeks I hated it. It made my legs weaker and I was constantly looking at the spedometer or setting cruise control to avoid driving to high over the speed limit. In my 6-speed manual the gearing is such that at 30mph i would be around 3k rpm in 3rd gear, 3k rpm when doing 50mph in 5th gear, etc, so whatever the first number is on the speed limit sign is is what gear i’m in.

Cops would fuck you up immdiatly for that. There is nothing cops love more then harrasing drivers. Then they dont have to deal with the real problems.

>Why is povrety rate higher in the US than other developed countries
confrontingpoverty.org/poverty-discussion-guide/why-is-poverty-higher-in-the-u-s-than-in-other-countries/

Check your facts.
The US has billionaires and millionairesmillionaire, but still has the highest povrety.
And also the highest incarcerated population. (Who are basically glorified slaves working for a few cents an hour)

Try harder next time, buddy.

Automatics are slightly more expensive than manuals. Manuals are more fun to drive. Automatics, however, are on the rise in Europe - much easier in heavy traffic

Russians are poorer than europoors but automatics are way more popular there.

hahaha what the fuck is that? a steering wheel for retards?

>this manual is cheap and auto is expensive

no. its because euro's appreciate the automobile and the driving experience. Also total, and complete control over the car itself. Most euro cars back in the 70s and 80s had around 70-110hp. a traditional (at the time) 3 speed auto would be hell on their mountainous roads. Most who live in cities would never change a single gear.

Because some people actually enjoy driving. Automatics are boring, less efficient and more prone to problems.

>have option to make your life easier
>nah m& I gotta learn the skills m8 480 switch gears m8 clutch stick YES *wild punto appears* goddamnit go faster you faggit I don't want to switch my gear again

To the idiots in here whining about shifting and not being able to do anything in a manual vehicle; that’s an utter lie. It’s a fluid natural thing once you’ve been driving one for about 6 months. You don’t even think about shifting or if you’re multitasking it’s literally the same thing as an automatic to the driver. Manual is master race brothers.

It becomes musclememory pretty quick. Its totaly weird for me to drive my mom automatic. My foot always go to the clutch and my hand to the stick. Feel like a spastic.

This. Don't be a fag and get an automatic, fucking hell, I thought this place knew better anyway.. In a year we'll see threads about how good auto-pilot is.

this shit makes me hate my country
>gm invents gay transmission to sell to wamyn
>80 years later no one knows how to drive
>constantly riding the brakes
>speeding to red lights
>car enthusiasts can't corner
>even pickup trucks become 10 speed beeping obamaboxes
>non stop cringe of my mechanic said/did
>personally know maybe 4 non motorcyclists under 40 that can drive a manual
what about saudi anons?

Attached: ferdgm.jpg (1280x771, 425K)

COPE

>not looking at a racial cross section of poverty
are you fucking retarded?

Attached: selljackalt.png (550x543, 74K)

Only the most recent autos with 7 or 8 speeds are better than manuals with 5 speeds.
Until really recently, autos sucked and needed bigger engines to not fall behind someone who wasn't braindead driving a manual.

this is the shit that makes me hate america
this faggot is real
this faggot is everywhere

Attached: 1547945737627.jpg (640x629, 88K)

>master race
Objectively dsg is much faster, and the whole point of still wanting a manual in 2019 is for sporting reasons which dsg is better at. Manual is just fun, it's not the best anymore. t. 12 years driving manual

USA! USA! USA!

WE WUZ VIKANGZ N SHEEEIT

We hate transmission wchich rules over us.

>even women here drive

And thats a good thing?

>And also the highest incarcerated population. (Who are basically glorified slaves working for a few cents an hour)
>incarceration costs an average of more than $31,000 per inmate, per year, nationwide. In some states, it's as much as $60,000.
They're only slaves because they committed crimes they have to PAY for. Also they're given food and shelter at a rate that's in many states higher than a free joes' median income.

6 speed 98 SS Camaro

> Repeating the same statement
Nice argument there nigger

>buying a VW without the clutch
remember to thank mexico when your junking it at 130,000

Attached: holygrail.gif (442x306, 1.41M)

My past 3 cars have been manual, generally I prefer it, but preference aside there's no real need for it in modern cars.

A modern automatic is faster, more fuel efficient, probably even more reliable when you factor in your average normie

Though I live somewhere where I see one stoplight in like 20 miles and have long sweeping fun rural roads, if i lived in a city i'd prefer auto no doubt.

Attached: C4Shiny.jpg (1632x918, 241K)

Because they are smart. Auto trannies are for pussies and guarantee your car will become a piece of shit a little over 100k.

krautanon is right
it's a bizarre juxtaposition
europoors wouldn't stand for the cuckoldry that is american traffic law
they only write speeding tickets and make OWI arrests
>you can drive as rude/stupid/reckless as god made you and if you're not drunk or speeding you'll never be corrected.
>you won't even know there's a problem until some unhinged user kills you in a fit of rage and then the media will place 100% of the blame on him and not your driving

Attached: poopanddrive.jpg (770x472, 102K)

Based boomer vehicle

boomer user
>more fuel efficient
>more reliable
>faster
do you know what engine braking is?
do you like riding the brakes constantly?
do you like sitting at red lights holding the brake?
do you like flashing your brake lights every time a cop catches you speeding?

Attached: 3piececombo.gif (268x201, 1.91M)

>your car will become a piece of shit a little over 100k
This isn't true, plenty of 200k automatics around.

This is the closest answer you'll get. EUs have had control of every little thing taken away from them and this is where they draw the line.

chevy truck had manual put in. Still has automatic steering column, minus the shift lever.

Don´t lie faggot

and they're all toyotas nigger
yellow vests prove it

Attached: lookintoit.jpg (768x550, 53K)

So what. Automatic transmission doesn't usually need replacement before 200k on any model car.

If you have a real grievance, say it.

I don't understand, so I just put it in drive and gas/break and it does everything for me? What if I want to downshift and overtake someone?

Step rapidly on the accelerator and it downshifts. Most automatics have this feature.

Just press more gas

this

Attached: wrangler-mens-jeans-bleached-stonewash-original-fit-13mwzgh-900x900.jpg (900x900, 52K)

have fun waiting for it to downshift faggot
they break all the fucking time!
open your eyes autocuck
>ib4maintenance
they get replaced when they cost less than the cars value
>enter post modern cars
>lifetime ATF

Attached: lifetimeatf.jpg (3264x2448, 2.45M)

You don't know what you're talking about.

Attached: 1523505221480.png (384x378, 118K)

I don't think we do, but denser cities with no clear block layout planning basically means you're constantly switching gears as traffic density changes. Manual simply gives you more fine control.

I can shift gears while eating a hamburger?

I was gonna say USA is full of niggers but then I saw your flag...

fuck you nigger.

Looking at trading my 370z for a C6 corvette, both manual of course. Is the LS2 worth it, or should I just get a LS3 vette and save? I dont really feel like the LS3 is that much better than a modified LS2..

The car selects the gear itself?!
It's practically driving itself!
Witchcraft!

they like to pull the lever if you know what I mean

Attached: 1550967934585.jpg (1280x720, 54K)

>harder to operate

Cuck

90s isn't boomer you idiots, and this isn't the early 2000s, if you genuinely think a manual is more fuel efficient in 2020 -1 you're a retard.

Here's a proper boomer corvette for you

Attached: 454_C3_Corvette_48.jpg (2598x1730, 1.17M)

Both are ok and have some advantages/disadvantages. Autos are easier to drive, manuals are easier if you need to push the car to start it or tow it. You can also drive them more fuel efficient.

Attached: 1287824075759.jpg (500x527, 176K)

I think it's because standard level of driving basically varies wildly between regions. No idea how it is in the US, but here in Croatia it's basically

>30 hours of rules and regulations theory
>9 hours of first aid
>have to take and pass exams for both
>35 hours of actual driving lessons
>final evaluation

Not to mention you have to be 17.5 years old minimum for category B and the entire thing costs a decent chunk of money.

Attached: senka-v.jpg (680x403, 37K)

They dont tho, past few years alot of europoors (at least here) are switching to auto
Because it's 'cool' and 'different' and easier.
Real men shift gears and control their car, automatics are for asian woman and people that are scared to drive.

Attached: ackchyually.png (680x680, 124K)

You gotta be a special kind of retard to not be able to drive manual though

Hydrodynamic clutch in usual automatic gear box isn't more fuel efficient than manual gear box. You lose always some power while heating the oil in conventional automatic gearbox.
Therefore Euros drive mostly manual, because a 75 HP car with conventional automatic gearbox and hydrodynamic clutch would be really ineffective and weak.
In most EU countries you have to pay taxes every year for a car, these are depending on cubic capacity of the engine, hence old fashioned US V8 with 5000ccm engine which are perfect for automatic gearboxes are really expensive in upkeep.
So we are forced to buy cunt engine cars with less volume and less torque but with enough hp power that comes with more compression and RPM.

A manual is easier to drive everywhere except in traffic. Engine braking is a wonderful thing.

Also we have bends in our roads, so we don't just put it in top gear and leave it there.

I read somewhere that you will immediately fail your test in the UK if you attempt to turn the wheels while the car is stationary. Is that true? How are you meant to get out of angle parking?

it varies by state some in the US but generally all you need to do is pass the tests and you can get your license, there is no public drivers education and many schools no longer provide it there either

you need to pass a driving exam showing you know procedure for entering and leaving traffic and how to control your vehicle, and pass a multiple choice exam, things specific to your state will show up. that's it
if you're under 18 but over a certain age you can get a learner's permit that allows you to drive under supervision and attempt to earn a provisional license that has some restrictions
there are other niche things like licenses allowing farm kids to drive from property to property
private property is unregulated afaik and i rode with kids before middle school

>learned to drive on motorcycles
>never driven a manual car, never plan on it

interesting explanation

He's right you fucking nerds, it's MORE difficult than an automatic by virtue that it requires more actions to complete a task.