Why do people enjoy being drunk?

When I get drunk, I just feel like myself except nauseous.
Is it a social anxiety thing? I don't really suffer from that anymore.

Attached: 1518829764159.gif (171x172, 962K)

Well Alex, it gives a huge spike in Dopamine I've read

So it will obviously make you happy, but is very addicting

Some people have lives that are so shitty that they need to get drunk just to handle being away from work.

If you're swirling fast down the slippery slope of inescapable poverty and the world is getting harsher and more expensive every day, then the only comfort in your life is mind-altering drugs.
Because you're a shitty poor person and you know you're going nowhere.

Lowers your inhibition and makes you do things you want to do but are too inhibited to do. And as said before it offers a large spike in dopamine.

I don't understand why anyone DOESN'T enjoy getting drunk (well, maybe not "drunk," but a nice solid buzz). But yeah, it's a social lubricant. Everyone loosens up, has more to talk about openly, and you get less worried about how people perceive you. The rest of the world seems to be a ton more fun, no matter what you're doing.

Not only that, but it's a social link. Going out to drink is one of the few activities normal adults have that don't involve physical activity, and even most physical activity can only be done with a certain amount of people.

Regardless, unless your body chemistry is the right way, it will never be as appealing to you as it is to me.

>Everyone loosens up, has more to talk about openly, and you get less worried about how people perceive you
How the fuck do people not deal with this before their teenage years are over. How the fuck do people live like this.

Do you jack off in public or something? The fuck is wrong with you sicko, since you find it crazy that people have a sense of shame or social tract.

It's not like people sit around cowering in fear of each other, it's just a looseness that eases shit like a business dinner where you know nothing about each other, or a party where there's 60 people and you know three.

Specifically to the business thing, there's a ton of folks who have their own "business persona," and a few drinks help the less professional, straight laced person come out.

I'm sure you work at the local church and only interact with the same 15 people in your flyover town though, so I understand your confusion.

Speaking by experience, it's the only thing that allows me to accept that I am nothing and will always be a failure. Growing older in solitude, nobody even know you exist except your government that makes sure to remind you that you're only here to pay for their asses. Having no goal to go for because all of them were killed in their infancy when your morale was at its lowest and people took the time to kick you while you're down.

Drinking is like a double benefit, liver failure just getting closer everyday to remind you that you have nothing to look forward to in the future and being drunk to help with the acceptance that nobody cares about you; nobody ever tried to stop you from drinking. They're in fact happy that you give them the little money that you have while legally assisting you with a suicide.

Depends on your ethnicity. Black people tend to never half that much self consciousness, whites are average self consciousness, and asians are max self consciousness.

It literally just feels good to be buzzed and drunk. You're probably getting too drunk or drinking something awful rather than enjoying a beer with friends.

Also if you're on any SSRI's or other psych meds there's likely an interaction occurring.

I'm hispanic.
>whites are average self consciousness, and asians are max self consciousness.
This explains a lot lmao.

Rich, successful people also drink to excess. Are you fucking stupid? What the hell is the matter with you?

Protip: as a well off successful person, life still sucks. I hate the job and the lack of time it gives me to enjoy anything. That’s why I come home and drink alone, so I can relax enough to fall asleep and do it all again the next day.

It’s a painkiller that makes you more okay with life, until you drink too much, then it makes you less okay with life

>sure you work at the local church and only interact with the same 15 people in your flyover town though, so I understand your confusion.
Preddy pathetic attempt at being insulting user. Did his post really hurt your feelings that much? It didn't seem directed at you, unless you have issues with how others perceive you.

With the right company its really nice. You let loose and can just be retarded. With the wrong people it can be depressing and make everything worse. The latter is why I dont drink much

You can stay drunk all the time for ten bucks a week.

It's because our government has been infiltrated by interdimensional vampire demons.
But only democrats for some reason.

I used to love it until recently. It started making feel feel terrified of existence and so did pot. I've quit both because of this.