Well-regulated

Explain this to me. The Second Amendment says nothing about AR-15s but it does say "well regulated militia". Clearly if the founding fathers wanted mere civilians to be allowed to own assault rifles they would have said so but instead they said guns should be well-regulated.

So explain to me why there is even a gun control debate? The Second Amendment seems pretty clear. Sounds to me like gun owners need to crack open a history book and stop allowing the NRA to hold this nation hostage.

Attached: gun-control-cartoons-well-regulated.jpg (560x499, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rhBwHiLcTG8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This post is so fucking retarded it can only be bait.

>Why didn't the founding fathers talk about something that hadn't been invented yet? CHECKMATE ALT RIGHTERSSSSSSS

>Well regulated militia

Which would imply that we need weapons with the capacity to defend ourselves against an oppressive, out of control government.

At 15s didn’t exist and individuals could own cannons. The well regulated referred to the militia part of the amendment. It also says shall not be infringed.

Attached: 5DFF26A8-FE56-46B2-9053-202DA10BC623.jpg (573x430, 20K)

Faggot.

Sage

I've seen this joke of a meme being thrown around. What a bunch of dumb fucks.

reg·u·late
/ˈreɡyəˌlāt/
verb
past tense: regulated; past participle: regulated
control or maintain the rate or speed of (a machine or process) so that it operates properly.

>R-regulate actually means unregulated

What kind of mental gymnastics is this? Mind = blown.

The term militia also applies to the opposing force.

The point was for civilians to be able to withstand corrupt government as well.If you showed the founding fathers an fully automatic assault rifle with a grenade launcher they would be really excited about getting everyone one of those.

Attached: drumpf sip.jpg (1024x538, 53K)

Gun grabbers will be shot.
This is not a negotiation.

What do you get out of posting threads with such obvious bait? Like are you really just sitting there laughing to your self in your basement?

You really got nothing better to do?

OP is a low IQ brainlet who doesn’t know how to diagram a sentence

Regulated is in reference to the militia, not gun control. Our founding fathers believed there was a need for a well-armed militia, but it should be regimented and disciplined.

Imagine how disgusted theyd be that we actually allow the government to have fully auto weapons and shit like anti tank rifles but let that same government say we arent good enough for them
I think the shit should be fair game

Well regulated means "well attended" not "limited by laws" as your simple mind thinks.

They said the militia should be well regulated. You have a duty to keep and maintain arms and to join with other well armed individuals to form a militia to kill tyrants. It’s not a passive amendment. It’s not just about “defending yourself”, it’s also about collective OFFENSE.

Every able bodied man should have an automatic rifle, a semiautomatic pistol for a side arm, and at least two knives.

Well regulated right there.

>an illiterate person demanding explanations
lol go figure

>W-well r-regulated couldn't have meant something d-different as a phrase 100-200 years ago!! There's no need to l-look into this!

Illiterate liberals really shouldn't be posting on the internet, or voting, or roaming free in society.

PROTIP: 'Well regulated' means American citizen.

We no longer have a militia so the Second Amendment is invalid in that regard too.

CLAIM:
> Our founding fathers believed there was a need for a well-armed militia, but it should be regimented and disciplined.

FACT:
At the time the 2A was written, the term "well regulated" did not refer to either a regulatory state or being controlled by the government, but instead meant that the militia (at the time defined as all able-bodied men over the age of 18) should be ready and prepared to fight (ie, in good shape and having weapons ready with sufficient ammunition for each one).

Attached: factcheck.png (207x245, 23K)

I am well regulated, I make sure I have plenty of ammo.

>A militia when properly formed are in fact the people themselves…and include, according to the past and general usuage of the states, all men capable of bearing arms… "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them."
- Richard Henry Lee

>well regulated militia
it means well armed

ALSO FACT: We no longer use the militia because we have a standing army. Therefore it does not matter if the militia is well equipped or not because it is obsolete.

10 U.S. Code § 246 - Militia: composition and classes
(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
(b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
Most of the population is in the militia you mongoloid.

My favorite part about the second amendment is how congress debated it for 3 months before they wrote it, explaining exactly what it meant. Liberals like to ignore that for some odd reason.

Well regulated meant functioning properly. Why do you low IQ leftists always try to change the meanings of words?

He reports his own sage. He wants to get banned.
Whew, the amount of newfags here these days is staggering.

Attached: 66106B01-9EC0-4F1D-A653-4A9885A1BE42.jpg (618x618, 57K)

It says the MILITIA is to be well regulated, not the guns you dumb fuck. Also "well regulated" meant "working properly" back in the 1700's.

Yet the militia laws are still on the books, master baiter.

bait BAIT bait
kill yourself OP for not understanding weapons and being a shill

That's an even more retarded argument than the people who try to claim the National Guard are the militia.

Attached: 2599938D-467C-4691-AE79-34D50FDF5917.jpg (960x846, 151K)

Texas still has one... Thats fucking texas though.

>said guns should be well-regulated
You just said well regulated militia.. which one does the Constitution state militia or guns?

it doesn't mean what you think it means schlomo

well-regulated........militia

Funny, how just taking things out of context can change the scope of what it says to what you are trying to hide.

> able-bodied men of a certain age who are citizens of the United States are obsolete

Yeah, naw, fuck off cunt.

Attached: 1380853166334.jpg (1550x2000, 450K)

>Muh Constitution

Fuck the Constitution, regulate the fuck out of guns it's the only sane thing to do

t. merkle

you're irrelevant, you worthless parasite. do the world a favor and hang yourself

Attached: cropped_reuters_KKK-800x430.jpg (800x430, 77K)

t. dies at the latest school shooting

Murica fuck yeah am I right fellow based boy?

post targets from your last range trip

Faggot confirmed
>sage in all fields
/thread

100 people dying from mass shootings each year is statistically irrelevant when talking about our rights.

Gr8 b8 m8

Attached: 1542151322997.jpg (667x538, 134K)

I have heard the word "regulated" meant something different over 200 years ago, and the regulated actually meant "well exercised" or "regular"

t. gets raped and killed by niggers and sandniggers because merkle says it gud.

Fuck yeah, Diversity is strength, amirite boys?

I think the constitution and muh rights is liberal perversion but even I can understand that the intention is that the populous be armed so as to be capable of forming a militia when necessary. It echoes medieval practices.

My favorite part is where it says "shall not be infringed"

>reg·u·late
>/ˈreɡyəˌlāt/
>verb
>past tense: regulated; past participle: >regulated
>control or maintain the rate or speed of (a machine or process) so that it operates properly
Alright, you fat Fudds better start running laps or you're out of the militia.

Attached: giphy (3).gif (480x360, 3.39M)

Never give up the 2nd ameribros

Attached: qp25sw3jy2h01.jpg (750x604, 42K)

Attached: 14982092809245.png (820x629, 71K)

read my mind user.

>I enjoy my wh*te hope dead

Whew what an opinion on Jow Forums lad

>implying they get the chance

as opposed to irregulars, who were soldiers without training or organization.

> "well regulated militia"
Clearly defined shill.
Watch this
youtu.be/rhBwHiLcTG8

Attached: CB40558F-78B9-4F48-AC61-0A99799E65CD.jpg (3012x1728, 1.06M)

>t.retard

>wants to have political discussion about the constitution
>doesnt even understand constitutional terminology
>has not read the federalist papers
You are a fucking moron.

Slide thread. Quit bumping shill threads you fools

Over 200,000 guns laws on the books, and you think guns aren’t regulated? Smh

>implying there's anyone going to stop them

tell me lad, how are you going to stop a rape-filled nigger/sandnigger?

Wrong. We still have a militia; It's composition is dictated by law. You're a member in it if you've signed up with SSS (Selective Service). You're a criminal fuck-stain if you haven't and you're a male; even immigrants/illegals are required to register, as anyone wishing to be a citizen much register for the draft to be eligible for
naturalization.

Also, the Supreme Court has ruled that in the clause of "A well-regulated militia, being essential to a free state, *THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE*" means that the right belongs to the people, both grammatically and legally, not the militia. So, the point of whether the militia exists, which it does, by law, is completely irrelevant, other than as a reminder to the govt that we will fuck its shit in because we have more weapons than them, and every other army on Earth, combined.

Lastly: "Well-regulated" - Ex. The train conductors watch had to be well-regulated, so as to avoid losing time.

So, while you were wrong on every point, on 2 of those points, you were wrong because of your reading comprehension skills sucking ass. You don't understand words, their meaning, or how to use them in a fucking sentence. Fucking learn, English. Read a book, nigger; a fucking book. Specifically, a fucking dictionary, nigger.

Attached: 10Code246.png (1279x427, 137K)

regulated means active and regularly seen, not constricted. they called the militias and soldiers back then "regulars".

He knows exactly what it means. He's arguing a retards point.
The possible reasons why are:
Trolling
Sliding
Shilling

Take your pick.

With a gun. I'm the upstanding citizen defending myself. The baboon doesn't even get one because you can't trust that fucker with a steak knife

Well regulated literally just means practiced, trained, up to par, i.e. "the aussies keep thier shitposting well regulated" .

Where does it say "muskets only"?

There are many militias across the country. Local, statewide, etc. The need not be sanctioned by any official governing body.

i clean my guns. thats regulated enough. you cant regulate violence.

It’s an educational thread.. Maybe?

Attached: 84CFE2A0-1F93-4E24-BA95-9A6F4CE18C8C.jpg (184x309, 18K)

Right after the part about 18th century printing presses.

The belief in the individual right to own any firearm you want is young, and a complete turnaround from past principles about the 2A.

Ar15's are regulated dipshit. They have individual serial numbers, are registered to the owner who needs a FBI background check before they buy it, felons can't have them, you need an expensive license which takes a long time to obtain to have full auto, bayonet fixtures are illegal, etc. Seems pretty regulated to me.

The faggotry of OP needs to be regulated.

>t. A complete fucking retard

Attached: 1551197073518.png (678x411, 125K)

....also inb4 private sales. I bought mimy AR from a guy on armslist. We had to meet at a local FFL and it took us an hour plus a $30 fee to transfer it to me.

You’re absolutely fucking wrong

Attached: 0FB3BD2B-089B-46E5-9451-B22C37F10C67.jpg (864x720, 580K)

Reminder, when this bill was written and cannons were top of the line military weapons the US freely sold them to civilian ships. So pretty fucking sure they are ok with the people having any weapon they want.

Shall not be infringed faggot

Attached: 1550228012321.gif (240x320, 605K)

Sorry op your wrong. Cry more.

Attached: 20190219_201241.jpg (340x584, 133K)

I don't act according to what dead white men wanted.

>being necessary to the security of a free State
Please try and be logical for once...The 2nd Amendment is clearly to protect against tyrannical government...what do you think a free State is?
So how would it be logical for the potentially tyrannical government to regulate the militia whose purpose is to overthrow them?
I really don't understand how people can be so stupid and illiterate.

>well regulated militia
they're the regulators faggot.

The militia is regulated, not the guns, there is a comma separating the militia statement and the statement about the right to beat arms. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Leftists blown the fuck out once again. If you knew anything about history, language or even firearms.. Well.. Then you wouldn't be Leftists, now would you?

Attached: 1462154775024.jpg (835x776, 78K)

It also says, "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." Not "the right of the militia."
So your argument is fucking retarded.

The first sighting of a WELL REGULATED MILITIA that is coming to kill you for killing babies and creating ISIS would trigger the fuck out of your traitor ass. Stop using the constitution that was meant to protect rights as a reason to take them. It just makes you look like a bigger traitor and a complete dumbfuck.

The NRA used to believe in gun control until it was taken over by marketing a gun companies.
It’s capitalism using you, dipshits.

Regulated means armed

>ALSO FACT: We no longer use the militia because we have a standing army.
Militia Act of 1903 and DC vs. Heller would like to have a word with your disingenuous assertions.

You don't understand what a militia is.

Attached: Capture.png (650x394, 18K)

What cuckstate do you live in?

Who is in the militia? Citizens. All of them, if they so choose. What does it take for it to be well-regulated? To have access to guns and ammunition in order to pose an existential threat to enemies foreign and domestic should it become necessary.

>Clearly if the founding fathers wanted mere civilians to be allowed to own assault rifles they would have said so
Yeah they did. The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Is an AR-15 an arm? Looks like it is covered by the second amendment.

Attached: 1342061539517.jpg (750x750, 68K)