SHTF preparedness general

Let's face it. Things are looking interesting to put it mildly. In America the left and right are both calling for civil war, and professors literally advocate killing white people. Muslims are rampaging in Europe. Street shitters and suicide bombers are contemplating a nuclear exchange. What are some good ways for decent people to prepare for whatever calamities may arise?

Attached: 1549629910017.gif (544x533, 87K)

Based Ben Garrison

Attached: 6EB63812-2B01-4ADE-98C5-6F9C40DEFCED.jpg (1440x1080, 297K)

Buy an AR from a private sale while you still can. Keep at least 1000 rds of ammo on hand at all times. Buy property at least 100 miles away from a major city. Stage survival shit there so when SHTF, just hop in your car a drive straight there.

Store toilet paper and water filters. Cigarettes and booze for bartering. Guns and ammo for doing God's work. Good luck

>Water
The most important resource. You’ll die in 3 days without it. Have 1 gallon per person per day of however long it would take you to set up some sort of permanent means of obtaining clean drinkable water.
>Food
3 weeks until you die without food. Have enough food to feed your family until you can set up agriculture. This could be up to a year if SHTF shortly after planting season. Have seeds on hand and ready. They have pretty much an infinite shelf life is shored properly. Vacuum sealed rice and beans last for damn near 3 decades. Peanut butter is great too.
>Ammunition
If you run out of ammo trying to get more ammo, you’re fucked. Have as much as you can reasonably store and afford. Have at the very least one rifle per person. Body armor is a bonus.
>Communication
Familiarize yourself with, and obtain some means of communication. Internet will go bye-bye, cell phones, TVs, everything. HAM radio wins.
>Power
Solar is king, generators will run out of gasoline. Hydroelectric if you’re lucky. Batteries are nice to have too.
>Medical
Have at least a basic first aid kit. Bonus for implements able to treat combat wounds.
>Skills
Hunting, fishing, bushcraft, construction, water purification, farming, etc. be valuable... it could save your life in more ways than one.
Don’t be quick to bug OUT. Leaving your home should be a last resort. You know your home, you know how to defend it, and you can set up implements ahead of time, it also traps in heat and protects you from the elements very effectively. If you have a cabin in the middle of the woods, go for it I guess, but you have no reason to just fuck off into the woods without proper shelter.
Precious metals MAY be worth it, who knows what the currency during and after collapse will be, but I’d say medications, booze, ammunition, and other luxuries will go much further than shiney rock.
This guide is mainly for any kind of non-nuclear/chemical attack.

>Muslims are rampaging in Europe
Not in this bitch

For a nuclear/chemical attack, we’d basically all be fucked. It could take a hundred years for the air to become breathable again, and even then, there may be nothing left to open the door to. No food can last that long so you’d need full livestock and farming systems capable of being maintained underground.

You’re a moron. Unless it was the ww3 world wide nuclear apoclypse the air is fine in 2 weeks

Let's do this shit, i'm fucking SICK of fucking waiting.

Attached: TheMoon.jpg (800x450, 82K)

U sure about that m88? Point still stands about having nothing to open the door to except mutants Gouls and death claws

Nukes can also do irreparable damage to our ozone layer. You know. The layer of the atmosphere that stops the sun from being a giant death laser

Now that the treacherous brits have sided with red China in backing their currency the US dollar is doomed to collapse

Nuclear war is not as bad as the TV says it is.
Nuclear isotopes decay quickly.
If Nuclear was so bad there wouldn't be a Japan full of Japanese.

That was only two, and they were fucked for a hot minute, and had genetic defects for a minute. Imagine hundreds going off at once. The nukes we have today are also literally 1000x more powerful than the ones we dropped on the nips.

Moonman is my idol

>relying on water filters
Instead of
>having distillation equipment like pic related
Do you want to know how I know you're larping?

Attached: Gravi-Stil.jpg (2023x3323, 575K)

Red and Bastepilled

Sadly the property thing is outside of my budget range at the moment.

My neighbor is a prepper if shit hits the fan I'll steal his stuff.
A smart prepper keeps his mouth shut about it.

Attached: IMG_20190212_212646467~2.jpg (2281x3201, 1.16M)

Buried septic tanks are an interesting place to store stuff for emergencies.

Not really, even if all the nukes in existance would go off people would survive.

this. if you prep you tell no one that you prep, lest you become the nonpreppers first target