Has anyone ever studied spiritual alchemy/what we would call today total self mastery?

has anyone ever studied spiritual alchemy/what we would call today total self mastery?

Attached: alchemy.jpg (520x522, 106K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninety-five_Theses
alchemywebsite.com/weblog.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>studying metaphysics takes time
>time = money
>money = success
>successful people don't waste time
>successful people are all into metaphysics

Explain.

alchemical fags got heavy distress for luring into labs full of txic gases for searching jewish paraphernalia like muh philosopher's stone.

while the ones who enjoyed it the most where those into it for fun & parties, like the ones @ Hellfire Club.

if you consider money your prime motive. deeply knowledgeable people are into self mastery and realization of divine virtues

those are perversions. true masters must forego all earthly pleasure if they are to understand spiritual matters, that means no sex, no lust for power or money

Yea but that discounts all the secret orders and societies that poke around at this and are filthy rich good ones and bad ones. I refuse to believe that somehow their success is due to virtue and careful study of anything. I just don't get it.

its akin to a ladder. as with any society you have a bunch of blathering fools on the bottom and the knowledgeably masters who see this world as unworthy for their attention and strive for the deep and divine principles which lay at the foundation of reality. the adepts test and fool the apprentices to see whom is worthy to share their attention.

no one has studied this ever.
hope that helps.

There's no such thing as spiritual alchemy. Anything labeled as such is just new age quackery. If you're asking about alchemy proper then I would suggest reading Fulcanelli (someone I believe to be the last to truly understand and write about alchemy to a degree that no one in modern times has come close).

>true masters must forego all earthly pleasure
incorrect, several prominent alchemists had families or wives (most notable would be Nicolas Flamel and his wife Pernelle). You're just ascribing new age meanderings onto something you obviously have not truly studied.

> >money = success
This succinctly shows why even the Jews say Jews don't have souls.

Attached: 9-11 Celebration.png (520x388, 198K)

Not that I'm complaining but is /x/ leaking again?

>memeflag
Jewish opinions on alchemy are irrelevant.

Happy now? Just shows that you lack any understanding yet pretend to "know". You're the worst lot of sophists. Profess wisdom yet you've never studied. Here's a question for you... Flamel had to translate what language in order to understand the book that was given to him?

The world is chaotic by nature. Entropy.

But their are powers and beings BEYOND this world.

All is one. One is all. All is ultimately nothing.

Attached: download.jpg (193x261, 7K)

I will guess..Aramaic? I am not sure. Flamel's cross is an amazing piece of symbology though.

>All is one
This.

Studying literature by/around Gurdjieff & Ouspensky is interesting in this respect. Combine it with Jung's idea of individuation and general cross-cultural religious studies and you can begin to understand some very interesting facets of what you might call "esoteric psychology". The process of turning man from lead (unregenerate, a lower level of consciousness) to gold (an enlightened, higher, transmuted state).

Ancient Hebrew...the story goes he sought help translating from Abraham the Jew who later died en route to Flamel's home while the two were traveling from Spain. Though even this journey has an alchemical undertone and was most likely a "symbolic" journey.

Which gets you where?

Catholic stuff. As a Presbyterian, I have no respect for it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninety-five_Theses
this shit is 500 years old and it is really fucking annoying
fucking hate the catholics for peddling this bullshit
if you are catholic, kill yourself

Jung is a poor substitute for reading the works of actual alchemical authors (the same one's he quotes/misquotes).

>He moved alchemy from outward experimentation and philosophical musings on the nature of matter to something interior to us, to which we could immediately connect and resonate with. My early writings on alchemy in the 1970's and early 1980s became infused with the Jungian approach, as one can see in my commentaries on alchemical mandalas and the 'Rosarium Philosophorum' among others. As my alchemical studies deepened I began to find problems with Jung's writings. It began to dawn on me that he used rhetoric to make a point, and was very selective in his choice of quotations from alchemical writings to back up the ideas he was presenting. When I looked into the alchemical work, from which he was quoting, I began to see that he had lifted a particular phrase out of its original context, in order to make his point. I then saw his works as flawed and began to gradually withdraw from articulating a Jungian approach to alchemy.
The Jungian presentation of alchemy is very seductive. Only someone with a deep reading of alchemy can see through the rhetorical devices that Jung adopted.

Adam Mclean 2018 alchemywebsite.com/weblog.html

Hardly just Catholic. Geber was prominient and widely sourced 8th century Islamic alchemist and where the word gibberish likely originated from wasn't Catholic. Taoist also have alchemical writings.

What it all boils down to is the elements, and the ability to control the internal elements. As within, so without; to cause external change, inner change is needed. To do this effectively, certain categories are needed - such as the elements.
The true science externally is astrology, internally it is meditation on the bodily elements - the vital winds.