Why did pubs die?

British pub culture is on its knees.
I used to go 2-3 times a week a few years ago, now I barely ever touch alcohol.

smoking ban.
internet.
huge tv's
less money
culture is more about work now than pleasure.
???
Those are the reasons I can think of.

Attached: pub-20141210122736959.jpg (300x203, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45807152
twitter.com/AnonBabble

piss off achmed, everyones going to pubs and your mosques will soon be transformed to pubs as well. just wait

Why would pubs be a thing in a muslim country?

Walked through a small town today, three of the pubs were closed and had concrete blocks in the car park, two were left and had few customers.

Men started allowing women to go women intern thought it acceptable to bring children

Smoking ban, and chavs and stuff figured out you can just buy alcohol for less at an off-licence and go home and drink it with your mates and watch footy there

The smoking ban is why I would ever set foot in one. Just wait until all of you retarded smokers are dead and business will pick up.

they nearly aren't a thing.

yeah right and then you woke up from your dream. fuckoff

Lack of community m8, transient populations. You've got to go into the countryside to find a pub that has regulars.

don't believe me if you don't want to.

Yeah fucking right. This has always been that way.

Jow Forums is the new pub

Attached: you're here forever.jpg (640x480, 34K)

you just have way too many fucking pubs, too much competition is bad for business

I wish America had pub culture. Seems cozy as fuck.

Because of the price differential - booze from the market costs much less - people can drink at home much cheaper.

Wetherspoons killed off the competition.

tv got more than 4 channels, and supermarkets started selling cheap alcohol in bulk.

it really is and its certainly not dying out anytime soon

Idk, last time I visited there was at least one pub in each neighborhood. And they were always filled with people in the evening.

Yeah, partly I would add the internet to that, you can sit and drink what you want, chat some old bollocks and not get into a drunken fight.

Because nobody wants to go there for a shag anymore.
Why fuck some broad in the shitters when you can shag some posh totty in her parents 10 million pound mansion on Tinder?
Shagging culture is gone, dead and turned to dust. So with it, drinking culture, football culture and many others will follow suite.

Attached: 1536098861571.png (298x486, 36K)

You’ll find it in certain places like Savannah

Could turn it into a burka store

government taxes and fees make it unprofitable to have such a business.....

That'd be dope to have a bunch of craft brew taps mounted through the hideous calligraphy and boring mosaics

The amount bars/pubs charge for a single shot now is fucking robbery. They only have themselves to blame. I can buy an entire bottle from the store for the price of 2-3 shots in a bar/pub, it’s absurd.

You all say blahblah muslims blahblah im too poor blablah (you are poor maybe).

The real reason is millenials don't drink.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45807152

because "diversity" destroys interpersonal trust, and going out is more risky as your crime rate rises, and more expensive as your wages stagnate.

Hey boys, I'm going to UK and Ireland for two months in the fall. A week in London, three in Edinburgh, and three in Galway. I was looking forward to spending time in pubs. Is it really a dead scene...everyone just staring at their screens and bullshitting about football?

Why have 10,000 pubs closed in eight years?
A new report claims taxes, regulation and squeezed incomes have hit the industry hard.
by Jack Torrance
Published: 10 Dec 2014
Last Updated: 04 Feb 2016

It might be better in your area?
but here in the south east its dire, one of our old pubs is now an oap home, one from the 18th century has sat empty for three years. another is a block of flats..

>drinking and driving is illegal
>living in downtown eats your entire paycheck

Mine too, before I found Jesus.

in those places pubs will be much more active.
its small towns they are going out of business.

no, it's minorities and british women

You off to Embra during the fringe? If so the pubs are all fucked with tourists. If not, there's plenty of decent pubs. Start at the Pear Tree and keep walking towards Haymarket.

This is the real answer.

I want to live near Liverpool but I hear that there's needles everywhere in the North. Is this true? I'd hate to have kids around that environment.

>culture is more about work now than pleasure.
Also due to the death of the weekend for large amounts of people a lot wont be able to go with their mates on the same day because they'll have work first thing saturday/sunday morning.

>four for the price of one
Also don't have to go to a pub for good music, can listen anywhere.

Attached: 1534137671664.jpg (1202x892, 299K)

Norf, especially around Liverpool/Manchester, is 10 times better than it was 20 years ago.

lol 8.80 a pint, what the fuck. when I went to Royal Ascot it wasn't even that much.

How about those vegan fags that complain about smoking?
The smoking rooms are the busiest and comfiest places in pubs nowadays.
Fuck those pieces of shit, they barely come to pubs anyways.

You live in a Muslim Country.

jews

To tell you the truth i've never seen needles or druggies except when i went to LA. What does that mean, that it's better, is it still dangerous to leave kids unattended at parks and such.

Oh probably because a shit ton of Muslims moved in and everyone fucked off to another city because the sight of Muslims made them sick to their stomachs. Just a guess.

>expensive
>makes you fat and gay
>Muslims
>nobody has friends anymore

What else?

Go rural you crazy yank. You'd best be homeschooling too or your wee yuns are going to be your future enemy.

Why would Muslim Millennials drink?

Good heavens, those prices. Gluten-free IPA, that place be a den of sòyboys, I guarantee.

Attached: 1331338774485.jpg (278x309, 10K)

It's the best, you miss it when you go abroad. Some of the pubs are impersonal but the smaller ones are like walking into someones lounge and you always get the same characters, proper comfy sipping an ale

Attached: 1502667911248.png (599x513, 147K)

Gastro pubs
Women
Pushchairs
Smoking ban
Football on TV in every single room.

There are still some decent pubs, but that was the way the market went.

Got rid of the darts and skittles, any free games, play pool or quiz machines for money instead.

Only semi-postitive is move towards live music.
Also plastic glasses if you drink outside, Nope.

fuck sake not EVERYTHING is because of muslims, unless you seriously think a third of millennials in the UK are muslim. I am white, 195cm tall white guy with blonde hair and I don't drink.

my town of 30,000 has at least 5 pubs practically side by side in the town centre alone. all over 300 years old.

Attached: HoddesdonTownCentre.jpg (640x480, 82K)

here it's common to see a crowd outside a pub smoking because they banned it indoors everywhere.

Weatherspoons under cutting them on beer prices also helps.

Pretty much all new builds are a drive away from anything. And they have no communal areas within walking distance, so it has to be something drivable.

The only people who pay attention to bbc are foreigners and fucking idiots because it panders to them.

St Albans has the most of any town ?
I know they have one of the oldest.

Remember what happened when a bunch of Englishman came to America and started sitting around and drinking in pubs?

I think they're supposed to have to stand 5 metres away from the building but I've never seen it enforced.

No, probably late Sept, early October. Sounds good.

Is the principle not the same, though? After work, people go to their local pub to have a few and chat? Or in the city is it like a night out "OMG BEST NIGHT EVAR!"?

Pub culture is still going strong in my area. My local is a fairly upscale place, the drinks are good but they're pricey (£4-£6 for a pint) and the same is true of the food. So it attracts a more middle and upper class clientele. But on any weekend night it's packed to the rafters. I sat on the bar a little while ago and had a drink while I waited for some friends to arrive. They easily took in £500 in the 15 or so minutes I was sat there. And this is a pub in every sense of the word, no wi-fi connection, no giant TV blaring noise, no shit trendy songs drowning out conversation, a beautiful beer garden in the summer and heated outside seating in the winter. Just a nice cozy place you can have some beers with the boys. The other bars and pubs in the area tell a similar story. That even includes the local spoons, when it first opened it was as shit as any other until they realized they'd have to compete with the other local pubs to get any customers in.

There's a pub near me, huge fireplace and leather seats that swallow you up. I go in some days when i'm writing, sipping over a brandy&guinness. Maximum comfy.

Try Stockton on Tees, must be 20+ on the high street.

don't about that, but st albans is a big town. so i wound't be surprised.
whereas mine is essentially part of the rural belt.

Welcome to the 1990s when dive bars were exterminated by cooker cutter douche replacements, brass 'n' glass cunt magnets or prefab lace curtain fake ass faux Irish theme dumps, sports bars, craft bars, etc...

Shitty deals bongs. Got like 4 pubs within 5 block of my house.

skylark cider sounds pretty good desu

>Is the principle not the same, though? After work, people go to their local pub to have a few and chat? Or in the city is it like a night out "OMG BEST NIGHT EVAR!"?

It really depends on the pub, some frown on the best night ever crowd and some that is their trade.

Why do you want to live near Liverpool?

Used to work in a few small towns, pubs were always full, literally.

you cant even bring a girl into the bars where I live without a bunch of 50 year old weirdos creeping on her.

Alcohol is degenerate.

I'd rather stay home or work on improving myself or my skills get distracted and you get left behind.

Monkmode is life.

Loads of Islam's who don't drink. Loads of inner city, spit and sawdust, dive pubs have shut cos of Muslims pushing out all the indigenous people.

You can't have a fight in a pub without it being recorded and probably get arrested, convicted and lose your job. Slapping some prick for being a prick was a birthright for many. You'd hit some cunt who deserved it, I wasn't a bully and it'd be forgotten about a day later.

kek, grab a pint boys!

I remember those fake irish pubs, they always had a bicycle hanging from the roof

for why I never knew?

is there any one from Hoddesdon on here?

My father lived there and so did his father and on and on. I also really like the people, the place looks nice and living seems very cool.

wtf i remember visiting this.

You're a fucking muslim. Fuck off Sharia nigger and tell Allah to suck my cock

ha ha ... I know; right?

That's what always annoyed me going abroad - you go to a place to drink and they just belt out music louder than you can talk. Why?

I was in prague last weekend, every corner there was a fucking "irish bar" showing footie. so phoney.

in london there are pubs that are hundreds of years old. charles dickens used to drink in the lamb and flag, for example. i recommend doing a tour of those

I stopped drinking, it was making me fat.
I quite like the buzz, but the gut and the hangovers are not worth it.

because they all have about 5 cinema screens blaring out state propaganda all the time whislt a pint is either piss or costs 6 quid, probably both.

yeah and you live in an african country, fuck off

>I used to go 2-3 times a week a few years ago, now I barely ever touch alcohol.
same until early 20s. it got boring.

Sharia Law

Attached: 608rwynw0uf21.jpg (768x768, 66K)

St Albans is a city.

They started serving women. It all went downhill from there.

Oi mate you’ll be 50 too someday

£5 a pint says I'd rather drink at home

>>drinking and driving is illegal
faggot

This

I've never gotten it either. They're these weird little places straddling the line between pub and club but without quite being either.

i heard america was bad, but not that bad surely?

I live in a real county you faggot. One that didn't lose World Wars.