Joe Rogan Podcast: what’s the appeal?

Nothing he says is particularly insightful or unique. He is the epitome of “bro, I love science”. So what gives?

Attached: 55C20120-A085-4824-A5DB-40B5D08E2B11.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0jnWzc1PaHc
youtube.com/watch?v=4Iw7Q9YfXBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he has a lot of guests and some of them say interesting things. most of it is garbage though.

Clearly you haven't tried DMT

/thread

Attached: Rogayne.jpg (1000x1250, 163K)

It's all about the guests. If there's a guest I like or I think will be funny, I watch. If not, then pass. The recent Alex Jones one was fucking hilarious, seriously couldn't stop laughing during a good few parts.

have you watched the news you stupid fuck
he has on a bunch of interesting people and they run through all sorts of crazy stuff. he calls some bullshit and throws in a little of his bullshit and you get to listen to things go for hours without breaking every 3 minutes for commercial breaks, and he's not terribly leftist or rightist
if you don't like rogan's podcast you're actually a cunt

It's really this. Joe was (is) at the forefront of the growth of podcasts, and he's got a bit of star appeal, comic appeal, and makes his guests comfortable. He also appeals to the "bros" out there, which appeals to the libertarian corner of the spectrum. -- so, broad-base appeal. Nothing wrong with that, really, except he's not exactly hard-hitting or insightful.

He comes off as a snake desu
He changes his opinions on things to whatever best suits him

I think one of his strengths is that he's somewhat of a centrist and he's willing to listen to a broad set of people and give them a shot at saying what they want to say. It means if you subscribe to him and then watch a good balance of his videos you can break free of echo chamber like material, and there's a HUGE demand for that right now.

Every other platform you go to, facebook, youtube, twitter etc, they're all using algorithms that maximize your time on the site by serving you stuff that they think you'll like and typically that just repeatedly reinforces your existing beliefs and turns your internet experience into an echo chamber.

He's actually really good at what he does in terms of being a host though, he's not perfect, he got slammed for his treatment of that cunt Jack Dorsey, but generally he asks interesting enough questions, gives the guests enough time to respond with meaningful answers, he tends to bring people up on their BS when its obvious.

Attached: 89376786487353453.jpg (1079x1715, 780K)

losers with no friends feel like they have friends when watching it.

It's not so much that JRE breaks you free from the echo chamber as it offers you a sample of different echo chambers.

thats the worst thing about him. its cause his parents abused him as a child so he does not care if he hurts other people.

Attached: 140759092.jpg (612x603, 20K)

He's a fake, a manufactured celebrity.

He is the George Noory of the normieverse. Interviews people and doesn't take a real hard stance which is kinda the ideal interviewer. Imagine if a sperg from here was in his position and how disastrous every show would be. They'd all be about 10 minutes long and would end with the sperg calling the guest a glow in the dark niggerfaggot kike.

He has interesting guests and picks their brain in a good way. Joe isn't interesting but he's good at keeping a conversation going and that's a skill

It's literally just 4 hours of nonsense for druggies to fell better about being useless druggies.

>he’s somewhat centrist
That’s the problem. He’s a centrist. His opinions are not his own, they’re just carefully chosen statments that try to please everyone. When he’s hanging out with far lefties, he’s basically a Bernie voter. When he’s talking with Shapiro or Mcinnes, he’s right-leaning. And what’s worse, as the political discourse drifts left, he drifts along with it. He cucks more and more as the years go on.

>So what gives?

He doesn't interview his guest, he just has conversations with them, and nothing gets held back. That's the appeal.

If these were just straight up interviews, there would be producers telling him to ask softball questions that really don't go for the kernel of the subject matter.

I'm not a 100% on his politics either, but still worth listening to because it's still authentic discourse.

Joe is borderline retarded. Every time he injects his opinions into the discussion, he comes off as unironically brain damaged. However, he gets very interesting people and gets them talking. Unfortunately, when he gets right wing people on, he tries to present his retarded opinions constantly.

Joe Rogan is a CIA nigger. His podcast is a psyop. When all of your close friends you've had for decades (Joey Diaz, Eddie Bravo, Alex Jones, etc.) start calling you a glownigger then you're a fucking glownigger.

youtube.com/watch?v=0jnWzc1PaHc

youtube.com/watch?v=4Iw7Q9YfXBM

Attached: 25E9EAEC-D171-4B1F-80CC-C14DB8FF8A65.jpg (750x667, 286K)

He needs to get Kay Griggs on next

Attached: kay_griggs.jpg (850x652, 41K)

I dunno about that, I mean if you look at who he's had on he's had people like Peterson on like 4 times now and was part of his rapid rise to fame, and despite Peterson trying to stay relatively apolitical he is basically right wing in temperament.

Centrists aren't people who lack opinions of their own they tend to hold some views from the left camp and some from the right and they're the kind of people who are like the swing voters, they're the ones that are influenced by whats going on in the political landscape at the time and could go either way and so help bring some balance to social discourse and facilitate the left and the right both getting to have a say. Due to the polarization I talked about earlier it means conversation between both sides in breaking down and it leads to radicalization and I don't want radical right wing nut jobs in power any more than left wing ones, they both go seriously sideways.

>shill iphone pic id
>So what gives?
Nothing. If you don't like him, don't listen.

Attached: greynewdeal.jpg (1000x500, 71K)

can confirm

same with the soccer show i listen to on the radio every night: i am absolutely antisocial and never bother to call or meet anyone, but i can be sure that come 11:30 pm my friends will arrive in my house to talk about my favorite sport

> Wide variety of guests
> He largely lets them talk and rarely interjects (compared to nearly every other interviewer out there)
> Interviews last 2-3 hours (so they can actually talk about interesting shit instead of having 25 minutes to plug whatever shit they've got coming out)
> He is good at steering the conversation in an interesting direction

TL:DR - The appeal isn't Rogan

Der Untermensch

he's a kike supporter for sure but at least he gives opponents a platform to speak on.

Sad thought that George is more cutting edge. But Alex is weird and deferential to George on C to C, makes one think.

Attached: rest-in-peace-art-bell-1024x535.jpg (1024x535, 46K)

Somewhat alpha mainstream podcaster who likes to talk about crazy shit and plays dumb and blue pilled (or maybe he is) to throw off the totalitarian leftists who try to manipulate/control him rather than shut him down.

You are WAY smarter than Joe Rogan OP! You should start your own podcast!!! XD

> Jamie. Pull up that video on what people think I am popular.

People with below 90 IQ can't actually parse philosophical concepts beyond the middlebrow drivel Rogan offers. He's all they have.

Attached: 84578925.jpg (617x617, 45K)

It’s the platform. It was refreshing to actually hear people talk politics rather than shout over each other like boomer news/the view. Also, his show and other similar ones (Rubin) were anti-progressive which was refreshing af 2 years ago. Now it’s clear they’re all pro Israel Mossad agents. Bummer.

I mean gosh, if you say so