Work in Big 4 accounting

>Work in Big 4 accounting
>1 hour commute
>14 hours of work/study every day (9am-7pm work, 9pm-12am study)
>Expected to be reachable and work weekends. Answering emails at 10pm on Saturday is normal
>80+ hour weeks for months on end
>Earn £35,000 a year

>Meanwhile, partners wear gold rolexes and audemars watches
>Predictably all old white guys
>Driven by chauffeurs in luxury mercedes and BMW saloons
>50% of their time involves wining and dining clients in the most expensive parts of London
>Never do any of the actual dirty work
>Leave at 2pm for 'client development' aka, watching a football match with other rich, old white men
>Earn £500,000-£1.5 million a year

Why is this fair again?

Why do any of us put up with this when the chances of making partner is literally close to 3%. And for BAME, 0.01%.

Is the gap this big in any other industry?

Attached: wageslave.jpg (500x510, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CQsMFQZa8os
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I quit accounting and changed to finance and economics once I realized how fucking lazy all accounts are and how I was being set up to be a grunt. You could be working on Wall Street right now lol and it was way easier.

>Why do any of us put up with this

becouse your a sucker for capitalism

Because one day you will be that executive

>fair
no such thing as fairness

>You could be working on Wall Street right now lol

I'm not quite at that level (yet). My finance experience is 0.

>Why is this fair again?
Because whatever they're doing, there's less people who are qualified to do it so their wages are higher.
Go do something yourself.

keep telling yourself that

Why not just get a roommate and work retail part time?

executives get the bullet too

>Earn £35,000 a year

LOL no way someone is getting shafted that hard

>is the gap this big in any other industry?

Yes, big law and investment banking

>t. ib analyst who will be at the office until 1 at the earliest tonight

...you work there m8

Some big shot partner literally said that during some presentation on our first day.

He said one day you guys might be where I am right now. As though all 250 of us would get to that position, rather than just 12-15.

it's only going to get better!

Attached: libertarian.png (1280x1143, 892K)

Sounds like you voluntarily made an agreement for salary in exchange for labor. If you don't like it, start your own shit crybaby. Your field is nearly obsolete with automation anyway dumbass.

> work in software for bank

> get paid 70k a year

> work from home 95% of the time

> do bare minimum work

This is how you are supposed to do it op

They pay for our qualification, which they dock from our pay. It amounts to around £8000 a year or so, so in effect, we should be earning £43,000 a year. At 24 years old that's tidy.

>>Why is this fair again?
>Because whatever they're doing, there's less people who are qualified to do it so their wages are higher.
>Go do something yourself.

It's most likely nepotism and being at the right spot in the right time

>Why is this fair again?

Who said it should be fair? Your mummy?

Sounds like they are smart and you are dumb.

HTH.

>automation

Meme. Automation won't magically make a set of complicated group accounts out of thin air. It's not like a computer can check pdf'd bank statements and stacks of paper receipts. Software helps us, but it won't replace us.

Keep telling yourself that. It will only hit you harder when it hits.

>Predictably all old (((white))) guys

You could always look for another job if you think you're such a qualified worker who is worth more than what they're paying you. This should be a lesson to all you anons, your charisma and people skills will ultimately get you further than any hard work or qualifications

Attached: merchant-rats.png (1333x1000, 792K)

>civil servant
>make more than accounting goy
>35 hour weeks with full holiday, start and leave when i want, free parking, pensions
>never do anything remotely difficult
>have meetings once a week which cuts 35 to 30

Easy
White people are god.
Know you place and be happy

>BAME

British for "Black Asian Minority"

>group accounts
>complicated
Nigger it's literally debits and credits and it's already 80%+ automated. You're more or less a data-entry clerk that shuffles papers nigger.

Accoutants do it because they want to be partner one day. Or because they just want a big 4 on their resume. Did you think this would be a free and easy career path? Become a cost accountant for a manufacturing firm, the hours are much better.

>that's 13 hours
>you get a lunch break and supper break, making it 11 hours
you sure you want to be a stand up comedian, OP?

They already have ATM machines that can insert and read checks and deposits, you think one can't process receipts and accounts? You're a fucking retard and deserve to be poor.

>its not fair

Kys
Sage

The rich old guys were doing the shit you’re doing now 30 years ago. They got on with it. And now they’re millionaires who spend all day wining and dining clients. Stick with it and you’ll be in the same boat at their age. Wining instead of whining. Pussy.

Accounts can be incredibly complicated. Just ask any CPA what they think of FAR.

>Lunch break

What's that?

Stop studying and focus in your job.

(((Old white guys)))

The nose knows, bra.

He's "BAME" - Black or Asian.

The studying is part of the job. The company pays for my qualifications and expects me to do them.

And? Why do you focus on divisions of race when the one that affects you the most is division between the haves and the have nots.

Go to UVA and go work on wallstreet. Enter investment banking as an associate. I know someone who has done this. 300k all in

Why don't you start your own company and hire wageslave cucks such as yourself? Then you can be the CEO? If you just present your scenario as if it sprung into reality without any foundation-building in the years and decades beforehand, yes, it will seem unfair. The reality, though, is that people risked their own time, money, effort, and reputation to establish large companies so that, in some uncertain future, they can live luxuriously and just watch the numbers.

It's hard to admit it or do anything about it, but you DO NOT NEED TO WORK AT THIS OBVIOUSLY SHITTY JOB. LIFE IS TOO SHORT.

i used to to this and now fucking co located agile team are all the rage and they want us to start coming.

Boy are you in for a rude shock...

Oh fucking hell. “Black Asian Minority Ethnics” complaining that job opportunities in white countries aren’t equal for them. What do they think opportunities are like for whites are in their shithole countries? We get kidnapped and held for ransom the minute we step off the plane in most of the shithole countries these people come from.

YOU HAVE TO START AT THE BOTTOM AND WORK YOUR WAY UP. IT’S REALLY HARD. ITS UNLIKELY YOULL END UP RICH BUT IT IS PERFECTLY POSSIBLE. THE SAME APPLIES TO EVERYONE, REGARDLESS OF SKEEN KOLA.

Kek

Don't worry, my company just hired a foreigner to work over me at almost double my wage for a project I've owned for about a year. It will probably take him a couple of months to get acquainted with everything, so he can earn his wage because I'll be taking my skills elsewhere

Job opportunities for whites in 3rd world countries is heaps good - if you're skilled that is. Think C-level finance executives or petroleum engineers.

>pay is usually 2-3x as much.
>live in a nice gated or private community.
>low taxes
>private international schooling for the kids
>Maids, drivers and cooks are all available and extremely cheap

Take it from someone who knows the 3rd world well.

wagie wagie something cagie

Sometimes I think companies really don't give a shit about us. Individuals might but the corporation as a whole is extremely psychopathic in nature.

This Greek guy pats himself sometimes 20k a month... pays all his bills out of corp.
Pays $16/hr no benefits no paid vaycay holidays or sick days
Bitches that his workers won't work 7 days a week 47 hours a day like he does [sitting around chatting with his friends and suckers work]

>old white guys
you fucking wish they were...

Because when a huge ass client comes to the firm and they have x y and z accounting problems you would shit the bed and those old fuckers execute. That is why they are called executives. You might be working on some tiny portion of some crazy ass scheme and think it is just fine, but those cats thought of the plan, the pieces to get it done(that you and others are doing), and the hopeful outcome for the client. You do not have that long perspective now. You do not have that wisdom to walk the knife’s edge of legal, regulatory, perception, feasibility, cost, etc. you are a fucking pleb and until you see some of these deals made and a few succeed and a few fail, you ain’t shit. You are a fucking Excel human. You should just have green toolbars on your forehead and ass depending on which hole the fucker with the Rolex and caviar breath wants to use. And you seem uppity at that, so just pipe up and get fired faggot, we don’t care, there are a thousand more waiting to do your job.

>Why is this fair again?
Because you're too much of a pussy to risk making jobs for other pussies like yourself.

Life ain't fair, sissy bitch. If it was, I could kill you before you shoot up a school.

accounting is literally all churn & burn. Stick through to the end or get out while you can, otherwise you're cucking for the man

Pay your dues faggot. Nobody owes you anything, nobody cares a fuck about you except your parents

Millennials, every time.

The “I wasn’t good enough for IB/markets” thread

"Making partner" is a fucking carrot on a stick to keep the young ones working like you do for shit wages and treatment thinking you will surely make it some day if you just keep grinding it out. Protip: You won't.

Boomers get gulaged, boomers lifting themselves by their bootstraps on steroids

+ hour weeks for months on end
>>Earn £35,000 a year
KEK, is that before or after taxes?

Why is it significant to you that the partners are white? Do you think rich people of other races behave differently?

>Why is it significant to you that the partners are white?
Check his flag. Probably a paki in the city.

Most jobs are terrible. Luckily I usually work around 35 hours a week and expect to gross including bonuses $250k this year. If I ever get into a big executive position, I'll try to make as much as possible and then retire after a few years.

>wah white people
Get back to work, mudslime

Decent what to do you

>retire after a few years.
Retirement is boring as fuck.
He larps on Jow Forums all day.

This cunt is full of caffeine and anxiety. No one wants to sit with him in the lunch room, they just listen to him for the "zingers" if some compassionate and well meaning sits with them they would be disappointed as their way of opening up is to be borderline abusive. That fucking cunt has fucked up so many times and lost clients which then blamed his office for it. A miscalculation ad number invertions pale in comparison to the seer fuckery that when it came to his part of the work it had went to shit. He couldnt keep his big mouth shut and his "zingers" in his ass not to mention cutting corners and shrugging it off if his employees gave him feedback. "But I am the boss' fuck up cunt.

based wagie

>Automation won't magically make a set of complicated group accounts out of thin air.
Ahahhaha yes it will. It's the easiest thing to do.

What you need to do is find a skilled industry that doesn't mass produce but still requires skilled labour. Aerospace manufacturing for example.

>Why is this fair again?
It's fair because there are idiots like you who are willing to do it. If you refused to do it, and everyone else refused to do it, then they'd have to pay you more.
Jesus, what is so difficult to understand?

>Why is this fair again?
>I'm not quite at that level (yet). My finance experience is 0.
Are you for fucking real?

He's an accountant major, not economics.

i would rather kill myself than live OP's life.

Wtf does that even mean? You're just a spoiled millennial faggot, stop crying

Attached: why-is-your-millennial-crying-d5d7a4659beb-1-9e33e8.jpg (506x656, 59K)

>people actually believe this

god this board is fucking retarded

You work in a big 4 accounting firm and don't understand why its fair???

Is this some type of new Bantu faggot dialect? I can barely understand it as English.

>Driven by chauffeurs in luxury mercedes and BMW saloons
>chilling in my mobile, chauffered saloon when I hear a wagie crying and sniffling
>roll up window, light a cigar with a paper towel
>wipe my nose with a $100 bill
>tfw

Attached: broomer.jpg (926x1632, 158K)

I'm in logistics management.

I rather stay at home and do nothing all day. Maybe, I buy a few sports cars in the future with a customized garage.

BTW, OP work hard, get on your bosses' good side, and seek out promotions. Hopefully, you'll make it to partner level one day.

£43k
For that kind of misery in the prime of your life
Lol

You do the maths mate

It means boomers get gulaged
>Find boomers
>Put boomers in gulag
>Win
The millennial fist makes you cry

>As though all 250 of us would get to that position, rather than just 12-15.
Um, that's how competition works, faggot. It's like the Olympics: the gold-medal winner says to the young kids just getting started "one day you guys might be where i am right now". Are all brits fucking lazy pussies like you?

Give me 5 minutes and I'll show you who is the larper.

you’re retarded i’m in IB and accounting is retarded complicated now days with all the regulation.

Bantu is the one that cucks you Americunt

>Why do I have to work so hard?
>Why do I have to be responsible?
>Why aren't I earning as much as people who know more than I do?
Ask me why I know you're a whiney bitch millennial.

i’m in ib and trust me you don’t want to do this shit.

i will LITERALLY be here until 1 today, tomorrow, saturday until 10 or so

>suc alotta dic
>my mom disagrees
>Expected to be reachable and work weekends. Answering emails at 10pm on Saturday is normal
>Earn £35,000 a year

>Meanwhile,my penis
>suc on me
>50% of their time involves wining and dining clients in the most expensive parts of London
>Never do any of the actual dirty work
>Leave at 2pm for 'client development' aka, watching a football match with other rich, old white men
>Earn £500,000-£1.5 million a year..as a dumb whore

Attached: 1512945330547.png (436x436, 170K)

Get out of audit/tax. Switch to advisory, user.

>why is this fair?
You signed up for it. You did research the career you were taking, right? Fortunately, this is dues paying. For most people big 4 is just a springboard.

Clearly he won't if he's whining about fairness because he didn't see his bosses bust their ass to get to that position

>old white guys
>old
>OLD
why do you feel entitled to have in your 20's what old people worked their whole life for?

Boomer.

I'm not the supply seargeant that makes a quarter mil a year.
Feel free to post a paystub from ADP and what Fortune50 you work for though.

Still the best documentary of UK Businessmen in the 90's. Cars, coat hangers and petrol baby!

From A to B: Tales of Modern Motoring

>youtube.com/watch?v=CQsMFQZa8os

Attached: 1545000942077.jpg (424x494, 96K)

no, you didn't

Pansy. Your fists aren't going to scare anyone. You can't even hack working for a living, you faggot

>It's not like a computer can check pdf'd bank statements and stacks of paper receipts.
LOL, you're an overpaid data entry clerk. get over yourself. btw, once you've transcribed those pdfs and receipts into the software, the machines take over.

I fuck hate wage criers.

That's not that bad. I went to school full time and had 3 jobs at the same time in my 20s

Didn't have a day off in 5 years

Shut up, nigger.

^sometimes dream of Moscow boys damaging my anus^

Attached: y.png (500x284, 239K)

Millennials. Spoiled af -- maybe give him a medal for just participating. They're mostly mini, sobbing boomers