Christopher Hitchens

Christopher Hitchens

He wad a good cunt. I miss him.

Attached: Christopher_Hitchens_crop_2.jpg (200x274, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J7aS7m3odqI
youtube.com/watch?v=ee8f8nWVWZA
youtube.com/watch?v=dWoHh4_rVdg
youtube.com/watch?v=doKkOSMaTk4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Indeed. Ignore the atheism stuff. Set that aside for now. He was a great literary critic, political commentator, and historian. He had a great appreciation for literature and philosophy, a remarkable encyclopedic memory, and lived a cosmopolitan, intellectual life.

He was among the first people to inspire me to read more. I miss him greatly.

So many good essays, in so many different magazines.
i even remember one article where he describes how to make a proper cup of tea. I am neithet proper, nor a tea drinker, but still found the article worth my time.... Because it was Hitch

Absolutely. He had a great tone and charm to his essays. Loved his reviews of memoirs and autobiographies. Arguably and Love, Poverty, and War are my favourites.

He definitely had charm. I wonder who he would've endorsed in '16

A Jew, but one of the good ones, I suppose. Entertaining at lest.

kys cucks

Its a valid point. He was suspicious (to say the least) of the Clintons, but i think he would have thought trump was a fraud.

You sure are a charmer.... You cunt

I liked him but he took some stances post-9/11 with respect to Iraq that went against his prior philosophy and then wrapped himself in knots trying to justify it

I only miss when it wasnt always inbred pakis we heard speaking in uk accent.

his brother is better. but he was alright... for the most part... except for the atheismfaggotry... and worse than that the Iraq War faggotry of his

He was a kike agent a warmonger and zionist globohomo pedophile

I'm glad Iran killed all his jew buddies in 79'

>Later in life, Hitchens identified as a secular Jew—since Judaism is matrilineal and he discovered his mother was Jewish.

Are you saying that his dazzling intellect was due to a genetic predisposition to brilliance?

He was anti-Clinton before it was cool..."They never met a foreign donor they didn't like."

I love Peter too, but Christopher was one of the few pro-Iraq commentators who held the same opinion on the matter for twenty years. That's gotta be worth something.

>"Later in life"
He found out he was Jewish in 1973.

suspicious? he wrote a whole book about how much he hated the clintons. He wouldve abstained but voted trump if he had to

he was a retarded faggot. glad he's burning in hell.

Enh, not sure he could have been persuaded to vote for trump. I think he would have felt trump was a fraud, and that is what he hated most of all. See his slate essay on Jerry falwells death

He would laugh at your assertion that there is a hell in which to burn

He held essentially the same position since the early/mid nineties.

>retarded
In what way was he retarded? He was extremely intelligent, articulate, and had a memory that was universally acknowledged as extremely impressive. So what the fuck are you talking about?

literally lmao, he was an atheist cuck

An honest question: what contemporary essayists do you prefer?

>turbofedora
>faggot
>jew
>hated Blair and Clinton for not being left wing enough
>then shilled hard for the Iraq war, all because he got buttfucked by a kurd in college and wanted to free them from Saddam, belligerent asshole about being completely and utterly wrong
You can jerk yourself off to what a good sophist he was, but politically speaking he's absolutely garbage, literally didn't take a single decent position.

I disagree. He was an enemy of Islam. That position was both correct and good.

He was fuckin Marxist, then became a neocon. He was famous for shooting religous fish in a barrel, using ad hominems and comedy, no real arguements. You're a faggot.

All factually true. But at least he was on the right side at the end.

And i guarantee that you are one of those cunts who says as long as you accept Jesus christ as your savior one millisecond before you die, that is all that matters, nad negates the lifetime of living like a sodomite

Eh, I don't know. People like to complain about how Islam is incomparable with "our values" but this always struck me as disingenuous.

Are people really against Islam because it's too mean to women and gays? I don't give a shit about that, and I doubt most of its outspoken opponents genuinely do either.

Because it's bullshit? At this point, it has to be clear that no one genuinely cares about the truth, but that people's motivations are tribalism all the way down.

Because we don't want shitskins moving in? Sure, but Christian, Hindu or even atheist shitskins are still undesirable, since at the bare minimum they reduce social cohesion.

He may deserves credit for being consistent on that point where so many other leftists were hypocrites, but even then, being harsher on Islam could have been strategic rather than genuine as well. It was consistent with his pro-Iraq war/neocon turn - bashing Islam helped justify going after those dastardly terrorists (who were totally sponsored by Iraq) and bringing freedom, democracy and western values to those poor oppressed Iraqis.

He was a talented writer to be sure, but quality non-political writing isn't really Jow Forums material.

>And i guarantee that you are one of those cunts who says as long as you accept Jesus christ as your savior one millisecond before you die, that is all that matters, nad negates the lifetime of living like a sodomite
Out come the ad-homs, out of frustration that you can't get a bunch of your buddies on Jow Forums to circle-jerk with you about how wonderful a guy your favorite writer is. Surely you don't need Jow Forums to validate your feelings about him. There must be plenty of other places on the internet where you can find people singing his praises.

>hated Clinton for not being left wing enough
Are you fucking serious? That is a preposterous characterization of his position on the Clintons.

>pro Iraq war because of getting buttfucked
No. He held the same position regarding Saddam Hussein since 1991. He was anti-Islam since 1989. He repeated the same PROVEN human-rights and war crimes violations that Hussein committed throughout the 90s and into the early 2000s when US was planning the new invasion. This was a REMARKABLY consistent position to hold, consider that congress and the Democratic president supported regime change for five years before the actual invasion.

His religious beliefs were superficial and materialist, sure. But his pro-Iraq position is at least defensible and consistent, even though I disagree with it.

bump

>He was anti-Clinton before it was cool

Attached: Screenshot_20190112-102505_YouTube.jpg (2220x1080, 313K)

Don't really follow many people so I don't think I can give you an answer.

"capitalism... downfall"

YES. Also based.

>He is burning in hell right now

Have another drink Christopher ? one lava cocktail comming right up

I miss typing his name in on youtube and getting a thumbnail of him looking pissed off on some news talk show like Hannity and making scathing remarks at them :^(

youtube.com/watch?v=J7aS7m3odqI

youtube.com/watch?v=ee8f8nWVWZA

youtube.com/watch?v=dWoHh4_rVdg

We need Hitchens more than ever these days. He'd be disgusted with the erosion of freedom of speech on the internet and all over Europe and would be at the forefront of everything right now.

Attached: christopher-hitchens-quote-1.png (1000x500, 80K)

youtube.com/watch?v=doKkOSMaTk4

I loved him more than most of you sucking his dick here but in the end he was comped

And why are Martin Amis and Salman Rushdie so stupid and quiet these days

Too much publicity, too many mag covers, in the end for there not to be funny business going on. My fascination with him and his buddies delayed my awakening by many years

No he was just a cunt.