Why are you not playing Chess Jow Forums?

It seems like every other form of game is played by Jow Forums except the ones that actually take cognitive ability.

Discuss.

Attached: 17623.87bb05cd.630x354o.cb5899315c4c.jpg (630x354, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lichess.org/HZHSHBZe
youtube.com/watch?v=ZE4cHyAz4PI
youtube.com/watch?v=0RHLtx9r2LA
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I am though

I ̡͌ẁ̌̋̃̍̊͢âş͌͛ͤͬ͗ ͭ̀̍̽ͣ̏ͯṅ̢ͮ͛̄̿̒e̷ͨͤ̂̏v̿͆̓̇ͤeͪͦͬ̈rͫ̀ ̓ͮ̍ͦ́ͣ́t̡åŭͧ̓ͨ̑g͛̄̆̊͐̀h̋̏ͯ̆̈́͟tͧ̎͂̋̉ ̡͊̓̿͛ͬtͤo̡͆͋͆͋̍̌ ̏̓͝p͂ͤ̚͠la̸͆y̏ͮ̇̾ ͭ̏̎cͪ̇hͨͧ͌̍ê͂̈́̓s͊̾͑̒͆s͆̃͛ͭ̐ͬ̚.̓ͬ̆ͮ̉̎
̎ͤ̽̾ͧ
̾̒͌͊̉̉͠I̢ͨ̈̈͆ͭ̂ ̇̓̒̿d̶̂oͪ̒͐̑ ̓ͬ̓ͯ̈́̒͠ě͐̓̈̽n̈ͭ̊̽ͭj̾̐o̾ͭ̚yͪͤ ̛̿̆ͣa̶ͨ̚ ̉ͤͦͧ̑gͤ͡o̒̔ͧ́͛͞o͑̀̏̈́͐ͤd͆̓ͤ̊͑ ̡̂g̶̔̃̈́ͮ͐a̽ͪ̿̆ͫͤ͝me͐ͮ̎͢ ́́ͯͩ͑ͮo̓͐ͮ̌͑̈f̉ͫ̓̈͟ ͪ͊ͦ̓̒̋ͤC̸h̛e͂̀̏́̑̏c̴͛̔k̈́eͧ͡r̵̽̽̆s͢ ̌̂ͫt̉̆ͫ͑hͫ̾́ͭͭ̚o̡̽͆͊̎̈́ͣu͑̓̆̐̇g͐͆̽͒̔ͫh̶̊̊͊͊.̂̓̋͒
̈́͒̒̒
̢̊>͋͒͐̏̑Im̉̑ͨȧ̋ͩ́g̎͗́i̔̑̽̇͠n͆ͩ̀ͦ̐̈́̇e̍ͬͪ ̛̇ͪ̎ͣͨb̨̒ͧ̐eͧ̍̎͑ìnͮgͣͬ̆ ̢ͭͯͫͫ́̆̄me͜ ̸̓̎ͣ

Attached: 51704632_2785208328475585_2333818411840176128_n.jpg (940x960, 87K)

>Discuss
Would rather play Final Fantasy Tactics.

Attached: 1520833318455.jpg (352x443, 48K)

This joke wasn’t funny the first thousand times I saw it

Chess is great though, it applies pure logic and that is why it’s one of the greatest of all time

im literally playing on lichess right now
I play too much chess desu

Same here. Lichess is awesome

Not sure how chess is actually helpful for anything except getting better at chess though

Me too. Did we just find the Jow Forums common ground?

it's just a game

t. expert

something something bobby fischer

lichess.org/HZHSHBZe

Fun mind game that allowed you to get to know your opponent.

My wife and I often play, we play go too which is a more difficult and challenging game which simultaneously and unlike chess, can be satisfying between players of widely differing skill levels.

Chess is great. Who told you we don’t play it? You thought you were different than the other here in our collective?

Thankfully I learned how to play chess in primary school when I was young. I still play some online but you really can't beat playing people face to face. Especially if they are of equal or better ability to yourself.

highsimms on chess.com, i play everyday,

Chess.com always has somebody willing to play.

Members
Games Today
Players Online
Titled Online

more like jew.com

Because it's a game of memory, not skill. It would truly be skillful if the board was randomized prior to the start, so that no one would know where their pieces were starting and they'd have to compute their moves on the go. Granted, once half the pieces were gone, then it would go back to regular chess (where the middle and end are essentially a question of 'who has more patterns memorized than the other').

No, I don't play chess anymore. It's boring. Snooker...now that's my game. You still have the act of god involved....there is no act of God in chess except whether or not your opponent shits the bed.

Attached: Walk like a Champ.webm (1280x720, 1.03M)

Go figure

Attached: 3213FE99-DE07-498C-9750-E90EB26AD4C7.jpg (1106x240, 23K)

fuck off cheater

Kek I was a spectator. Just making a weak joke bru

Unironcially started watching chess videos recently.

It’s too hard for me to actually learn though desu. Not that I couldn’t get better but I could never be really good so what’s the point. I’m just not high IQ enough.

chess is an extremely limited game and only exciting in the openings
there's a reason bobby fischer, capablanca, and other champions all invented new games based on chess
your average street fighter ii fanatic is operating at a higher level with more moves available at any given time and deals with simultaneous real-time conflict rather than enforced turns

frankly chess hasn't been relevant for years and that's why the ai had to go there first and THEN do starcraft, where it loses all day

I have always said, that FISHING teaches a man PATIENCE (as well as to suddenly REACT and not OVERreact) CHESS teaches a man "wit and craft". It teaches classic military and even fighting strategies, and it applies to any struggle you might be in. Teaches you how to lay a trap, how to strategize. ALSO it teaches you? it not asbout always being bigger and stronger? that SOMEtimes a very weak piece in JUST the right place can beat everything.

THATS what i always thought. I was no beginner? but, i couldnt reach the "better" phase of playing. Then, i met someone. online. he played me, and had me join his little "teal" on playsite. He taught me some "strategies" tht served me VERY well. I quickly came up in rank on PLAYSITE and became a "purple" player. His name was "teedy" or "teedpie" and he was a GREAT MAN in my book. I will always miss him. Every game, chess or not? has a "moment of TEED" where everythng can change, you just have to SEE it.

No, I didn't cheat. If anything, my not having memorised how to checkmate with a king and queen proves that I WASN'T cheating. I also missed forking your queen and rook with my knight once; fortunately you missed it too so I was able to fork it on the next move. That essentially proves that I wasn't using an engine. You lost fair and square!

improv is my game

required viewing
youtube.com/watch?v=ZE4cHyAz4PI

Attached: 465.jpg (480x300, 36K)

> why no chess ?

It's a game for psychopaths. stay clear of chess players.

Attached: Chess.png (450x420, 501K)

My FIDE rating is 2040. I still wonder how monstrous and dedicating one has to be to become a GM

Attached: Dune2.png (947x592, 1.67M)

I do remember absolutely throttling the idiot tripfag "stormfag" in a game of online chess back in the chon days

I'm a brainlet and I don't get it.

It's a game that challenges the intellect

Naturally Indians invented it and are the best at it. White people should stick to their "hit each other / with stick for variety" games

Fuck off. I play everyday on Lichess. I prefer online matches because I have issues manipulating the pieces in real life.
[spoiler]I have a Neurodegenerative disease that has an impact on fine motor skills. It's only funny the first four times you accidentally swing your arm knocking the board over[/spoiler]

Just because Rajesh is making 10 cents and day instead of 5 doesn’t Mean you can afford internet poo bait

I played a lot of chess when I was a kid. I grew up in an institution for autistic kids. Chess reminds me of stuff I'd rather not think about, so I don't play it. It's a fine game though.

youtube.com/watch?v=0RHLtx9r2LA

literally only memorisation and no way indicates intelligence any more than being the best battleship makes you a real life warlord

Horsey to C9?

Attached: s-l640.jpg (619x640, 68K)

There's that whole IQ thing that's necessary. Naw, I'll stick to Pepe memes.

this is one of my favorite videos of all time. Fuck I laugh till I choke each time.

While I'm fond of chess, it seems like every time I want to play with one of my friends I have to teach them all of the rules and it just gets tiresome explaining how knights move to the same person over and over

Fuckin’ iToddler.

>Because it's a game of memory, not skill.
retard

Well it sure didn’t teach you English or grammar.

>no, your pawn can only take pieces moving diagonally
>no, you can't move there, you're placing yourself into check
>you can't move backwards with your pawns
>no, that's your king, not your queen

1. e4

>intense focus for an hour
>make one mistake
>losing game
>desperate try to play perfect and wait for opponent idiot to make mistake and have chance for draw
wow such white pill game.

play starcraft dumb west. Build unit and attack. Click faster and sweat and build more unit. Skill game. Not memorize chess encyclopedia

I teach chess to kids

I thought I was decent at chess until I played a 2500+ computer and got checkmated by black castling within the first 10-15 moves.

I play free ms store download at level 30. I haven't won yet.

This sadly. It can be fun but the meta game of Chess is basically dead with every possible style and strategy already fully explored so you ended with two Grandmasters playing for hours until one makes a mistake. I unironically enjoy Droughts more because it goes faster. Fuck Starcraft though.

It’s boring tbqh

Chess is fun but bobby fischers remarks at the end of his career is kinda depressing

I was too weeb and contrarian to learn the popular board game.

Attached: position.png (419x419, 111K)

Go is a better game which accommodates players of wildly different skill levels, unlike chess where it’s not fun at all if your opponent is much better or worse.

If you wanna get better at chess, it has to be fun, so I suggest anyone new to learn the fried liver attack as white. All new players love it, it is exciting and there's loads to explore.

It comes from the Italian game, two knights defense. I also recommend learning the Jerome gambit. It is less sound but at lower levels very fun and exciting for when black plays into Italian game but plays guoco piano instead of two knights.

As black forget the meme defenses like French, carokann, Scandinavian, etc. Just learn e4,e5, it's amazing how little these niggers on lichess know the lines of Spanish game

Securely based and Go-pilled.

Attached: 1536834996449.jpg (500x1800, 181K)

WOW

btw some of these posts are amazing, chess memes are greatly appreciated

I think we did

Attached: 2c4.png (427x576, 310K)

Chess is a wonderful game, but I rarely get a chance to play outside of online matches. I've considered starting a chess club at my uni... but I know it would be unpopular.

Looks good on a resume tho

I've experienced this too many times

I thought you were dead Zalgo.

He's half right

I'd crush you in chess memeflag

It basically is. Chess has been boiled down to a science, so high level playing is just recognizing the opponent’s strategy and playing the appropriate counter strategy. Mid-game is where the actual game is played because it’s where people take risks and make mistakes. Beginning and end game are formalities.

Dumbass

depends on how you define the endgame but theres so many extremely complicated endgames that to write them off as formalities is just wrong. one example would be from the carlsen caruana match where caruana missed a forced win but it would have been practically impossible to have found it unless you knew it was there as you would in a puzzle.

Attached: blacktomove.jpg (357x360, 15K)

>is played because it’s

That's not true at all. What you have described is the most vast over simplification I have ever read which speaks of your knowledge and intellect.

You act like when your playing your "locked" into a strategy, or only a single strategy.

And if what your saying is true, I do a strategy, you do the correct counter strategy, and I do the correct counter counter strategy, which means you have to do the correct counter counter counter strategy etc. Which would make it vastly more complicated then "o he choose the correct counter strategy, I lose" as if its a game of A B or C.

We are still learning new things about Chess with Ai, which shows how incredible the game really is considering the 1,500 years of practice we have collectively.

(See: "Game Changer: AlphaZero's Groundbreaking Chess Strategies and the Promise of AI")

Attached: m5af7m.jpg (800x600, 50K)

Number of moves Number of possible games
1 20
2 400
3 8,902
4 197,281
5 4,865,609
6 119,060,324
7 3,195,901,860
8 84,998,978,956
9 2,439,530,234,167
10 69,352,859,712,417

Yes its totally a game of memory...

I'm just over 1800 FIDE, so obviously not a GM but not an amateur either.

So listen to me when I say that you're the fucking retard, mate.

The vast majority of high level chess is memorising openings and positions, as well as remembering tactics. This is why so many children nowadays are so incredibly good at chess, while adults struggle to keep up quite badly.

Most 15 year olds at tournaments know their openings 30+ moves deep. It's incredible. This is also why it is near impossible to become a GM if you don't start when you're a child. You need a substantial time investment to learn chess deep enough, and regular practice to prevent you from forgetting.

take your autism medication, user. fucking grammar nazi's. ahem:
ITS INFORMAL WRITING SO SUCK MY COCK.