What is the purpose of a father to a child before he becomes competent?

So, as of late I feel fairly useless in regards to raising my son.

At this point, 6 months or so, all I can do is hand him a toy when he becomes bored with whatever he's fucking with now...

Make sure he's not sitting in a pile of his own shit.

What else is there? Am I missing anything ?

My wife does 98% of everything - am I shit for that?

From my view point this is how it has to be...she has the tit, he isn't competent enough for me to start molding him...teaching him the way to never become a jew-wage-slave and out perform his peers.

Or am I a dumb nigger that doesn't realize he's analyzing me and gaining something from me being around ?

Attached: 33072.gif (174x132, 891K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasma_gondii
youtube.com/watch?v=4wtG01ymIjE
quillette.com/2015/12/01/why-parenting-may-not-matter-and-why-most-social-science-research-is-probably-wrong/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Have Hitler speeches playing in the background while he sleeps. Take him out shooting so he is used to the sound of gunfire. Give him heavy toys to lift. This isn't hard.

This, also don't act like a nigger around him, ie swearing or slouching around, he will observe your behaviour so it needs to be that of a role model

None really. All behavioral traits are influenced by either genes or developmental noise. The father (and mother) has no real influence on how a child will turn out.

The children of single moms have poor outcomes because women with bad genetic traits are more likely to be single. They date unreliable (and equally genetically poor) men and so their kids inherit those traits.

So relax. You don't have to do anything. Just take them fishing once in awhile to give them fond memories when they get old enough. But nothing you do will affect their life outcomes. You'll see a glimmer of what I mean when your child gets older and you realize they've developing seemingly random preferences and behaviors with no real guidance from you. Because it's all genetic.

lmao, fpbp

teach him how to fish, OP

Attached: 1403564374227.jpg (324x291, 15K)

Baby is always watching you, dad. You’re it’s main source of what masculinity is. Stop being a pussy.

I have given him 5 lb weights that he rolls around and lifts (no shit)

He's beating all cognitive milestones by roughly 30% at this point as well...

In comparison to kids his same age he looks like he belongs to a super race. He's alert, he's aware, he's relentless. He's blonde haired and blue eyed.

I can't claim I've done anything other than provide his mother with the ability to not work and raise him so he's not shipped off to a daycare

You set an example for all children. The media does that now though so if you let your kid watch any TV or whatever you are just cucked as a parent.

In the old days you would also discipline your child by scaring the shit out of them.

I do swear a lot...this is considered negative? (Really?)

I disagree and hope you're wrong when it comes to me having no impact on his life outcome.

I come from blue collar at best, but have made my way to the top. I hope to invest in him what I didn't get and he exceed what I have done, and he repeat that cycle with his sons and so on...

If we have no impact dynasties wouldn't be a thing, right?

Men are not really supposed to teach babies and toddlers anything. It's not before he's like 3-5 when you start play-fighting with him and teaching him basic social etiquette and things like standing up for himself if attacked by other kids.

Fathers should take over the process of teaching when the child becomes a teenager.

Make sure he gets exposure to dirt to build up his immune system. I grew up in a rural area and all the people I know who have been coddled kids that never went outside much or played in the dirt , are now sick all the time. I have not been sick for over a year and I nearly never use any pain medication etc.. Same with all my family members, neighbors from back then. All healthy, strong lads. Also, do not smoke, vape, use detergent/cleaning stuff or similar near him, that can fuck up the immune system too at that age. Make sure he gets some gras fed meat early. No Söy products, or products that may contain Söy.

keep going to work cuck, so your wife can spend your money. that is your job cash cow.

The reality is what you can do at this stage is relatively limited. The fathers role goes from secondary to primary once the child is capable of learning more complex matters

That said, there is some interesting research regarding early childhood experiences and their psychological consequences - you should have a look around

I have four year old twins and they can already count to 100, add numbers less than 20, subtract numbers less than 20, and understand the concept of 0. Been doing math stuff since they were three. Have a one year old I spend lots of time with daily on pattern recognition.

Maybe drink less beers and try harder ya boomer

Lol I'm self employed senpai. I work approximately 20 hrs a week at this point.

Work harder so your wife can raise your children proper instead of the Muslim cunt that hates your kid, and fucks up your child's mind state

Good info

No beer drinking here. If anything it's whiskey. Beer is for pussies.

this

dont necessarily roll them in mud, but have them be active during childhood.

Dont keep them too clean

SON OF A WHORE SHILLDOG

Get him out and about. Let him see the world. Give him plenty of blocks and balls so he can experiment with physics and construction. Give him paper and crayons when he stops sticking shit in his mouth.

Get him a puppy or kitten - this will help him develop empathy and understanding of other living things. It will also teach him the tough lesson of death when he gets older. You want to get him to be as autonomous and experienced as possible.

If your wife starts to complain about him growing up and her not being relevant anymore; just get her pregnant again. Works wonders.

teach him about trading.

when you're young you can get toys for jelly beans, huge profit margins.

You learn to love that early you're going places.

You're wife should be doing it. But
you need to be able to do it too. Most woman, especially younger need to be watched and pressured to behave correctly. Watch how proficient she becomes at everything when she sees that you are as good or better. The boomer "I don't change diapers" is a jew trick as much as the "daddy does everything while mom is a CEO."

shit list listeners and good observers
He does as you do, not as you say.

>or kitten
but before get that cat tested on toxoplasma
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasma_gondii

>dynasties wouldn't be a thing, right?
This ain't a dynasty. Well it kind of it is. But historically, dynasties have consisted of the elite/upperclass people. Royalty isn't random. An interesting fact I discovered recently is that China's upperclass today are overwhelmingly descendants of China's upperclass before the revolution, even though the point was to overthrow the bourgeoisie and all that. Why? Genes. They're the most capable.

Twin studies are very clear about the impact of parenting on children's outcomes but it's hard to accept that you don't really matter. It's even hard for people like Charles Murray to swallow. So do and believe what makes you feel good. The bright side is that I'm not going to stress out about caring for my kids too much. I'll have many of them, knowing that they'll be OK no matter what I do, so long as their mother is decent.

there's a reason the boys were left w/ the women at home until they were about 7 or 8, then they'd joy the men out hunting and working. you're not retarded, your son just has to grow out of his useless "woman" stage, then all you have to do is encourage the manly shit he loves like trains and legos and gassing the kikes.

Attached: 1528650092280.gif (200x200, 288K)

>I can't claim I've done anything other than provide his mother with the ability to not work and raise him so he's not shipped off to a daycare

So you're doing your job right anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Babies belong to the mother at first, when he's older you'll teach him about being a boy and then one day a man. Godspeed

at 6 months you should let him sleep on your chest and play with him while he's awake. also put on Mozart and binaural beats on the background while he's playing.
youtube.com/watch?v=4wtG01ymIjE

I’m in the same boat as you OP and have wondered the same. All I do is be around to help my wife with the boy. I am working on myself to be a better role model so when he does get older I’ll be a stronger man.

I've seen a lot of kids grow up and the best thing you can do with the kid is talk to them and teach them things even if you don't think they are paying attention or picking up on it. Also show them affection and don't zone out on them all the time even though it is easy to do. But it's true there are things that are completely out of your control. You also need to temper the affection with discipline and show them consequences to their actions

You can start the red pills now. Start pointing out everything Jewish in nature around him.

Tell him to worship the bogdanoffs and stop listening to Jow Forums when it comes to parenting you absolute dunce.
Do the hitler speech thing tho.

Be the father you wanted for yourself. Luke I am your father.

Your relationship with your wife is designed to be complementary. She shouldn't be doing "98%" of everything. You're taking a passive role in the relationship and you'll pay the price for that in the future. It could be divorce, infidelity, kids acting out with crime, drugs, hanging around shitskins.
The woman's role is day to day stuff. The traditional man's role is more like a strategic planner. Your kids will look to you to get the "secrets" of life, and will want the unvarnished truth about what's out there in the world. It's your job as a father to be that sounding board, that echo--chamber of the harsh truth.
Don't let your wife run everything. Get engaged and get involved in things: plan a get away, take the kids on a camping trip, bring them to a local lake for a few hours and fish. You have ALOT to contribute to your family, children, community but also to the World.
Also inculcate a LOVE for work but work that they'll enjoy. Find out (by spending time with them) what truly fascinates your kids and encourage them to follow that path. If they like writing, encourage journalism. If they like math, encourage the hard sciences.
Your Ancestors in Valhalla will welcome you with honors if you do what you're intended to do.
God bless you brother!

Attached: gadston_swaz.jpg (1242x656, 323K)

Yes.

Children need stern presence and leadership. Even being around, just doing your normal routine, is enough. You have to be a role model, not a nigger who hurls insults 24/7.

Now the point is like states, your kid is still very young. You can chill for now and just be what I said.
Afterwards you will need to be more active.
This is why all kids are fucked up nowadays. Parents divorce before they enter teenagehood, so they enter teenagehood without the paternal figure at home.

I wash the dishes

Father of a 3 yr old, here.

There isn't much to do for the first two years, then he'll copy everything you do. Your job is to keep him in line, little boys ignore women when they get rowdy. It's why single moms raise criminals.

>ignore women when rowdy
Can confirm. My 3 year old completel tunes us out when he wants to. We call his name from 2 feet away and he doesnt blink. Because of biology I'm the one with the loud enough, Deep enough voice to get his attention. 3 is blast but man, does he have attitude problems he didnt have before. Threenager is definitely an accurate term.
What you're supposed to do is just be there. Contrary to the stereotype of fun mom dick dad, Dads are the fun one. When you get home you're supposed to play with them. Do you have hardwood floors? I would drag my son around on a blanket. As he got older the dragging evolves into what we call whooshing. I pick up two corners of the blanket in each hand and swing him back and forth like those theme park rides. Just remember dude this is your kid, hes your actual flesh and blood, and more likely than not will grow up to be a minnie-you. How can that not be exciting!? Change his diapers and play with him. Bouce him on the bed, chase things with him, anything man, whatever you feel like.

It was for a reason that little kids were under women care till some age and then boys move to men care.
Men role come later.

Mothers and Fathers compromising is important part to all of their developments

The fact that you're self aware enough to ask yourself these questions probably makes you a better parent than a lot of others today. Also remember that to a 6 month old, just watching you peel a banana is probably some groundbreaking shit.

Got a 7 month old right now and I feel the same way sometimes. So many baby problems are solved with the wife's boobies. Baby also just seems to like my wife more and sometimes starts fussing when I take her for a while.

I just keep trying to interact with her and play little games to keep her occupied. I've got some books with bright colors and textures I read to her frequently too. She is just old enough now that she is beginning to eat solids and I'm able to do that.

Be interactive and present. Talk to your baby. Fling them around playfully to make him giggle. Make it a point to be a part of his little life.

>My 3 year old completel tunes us out when he wants to

thats autism

PLEASE DEAR GOD Give me a sign that OP & The others on this thread are LARPING. Otherwise the fucking planet is DOOMED.
ABSOLUTELY NIGGER TIER child raising.
Hur dur she be dah tits my job as sperm doner is done.
PLEASE let an actual MAN raise any children you ever have. Im speechless at how ignorant people are.

naw, just don't ignore the kid....when they get about 4 or 5 start giving them cool toys and then later toy weapons so they know....even later you will play a more prominent role and the role of the mother will diminish ...thats why single moms raised fucked up kids....moms are worthless to teach daughters or sons how to live..... there has to be a good cop and a bad cop.....yin & yang, dark & light.... don't be their friend till they are grown....don't be their enemy if it can be helped...and stand up to them they will play u like a fiddle if they can....oh, yea, almost forgot....teach them about Jesus, it will pay off.....

Attached: 1535417474181.png (960x1024, 1.72M)

Pair bond with your child. Establish that masculine, dominant, protective bond simply by holding your child and making him feel safe. Proximity is very important in that age

As he progresses, with your feeling of protection around, he’ll feel more daring and adventurous once he reaches 2-4 depending on his development rate. Some kids develop faster than others. Some run to their destination, some walk. In the end, we all end up in the same place. Remember that as you show patience for your sons mistakes and new adventurous attitude

During this exploratory phase, your child will need you to protect him, not RESTRICT HIM. As he starts to talk, he’ll require explanations. Lying is the worst thing you can do to your child. Be truthful and explain dangers, risks, and fears to him in a calm and loving way.

You’ll have to be firm. Not CRUEL, but FIRM. Some actions he’ll take will hurt others, hurt the family, or hurt himself. Firmness and calmness teaches instinctual respect, whereas cruelness and aggravation will teach emotional fear and pain. You don’t want your kid to be afraid, but you don’t want your kid to be disrespectful either.

Teaching the merits of morality, while maintaining respect as you discipline your son is an incredibly difficult skill for any father to achieve. When generations of men learn and assimilate an excellent disciplinary and martial method of raising children, great men and women are born. Your attention for your children must be a priority.

However, a father can not be respected if he is cruel, impatient, and physically weak. As the son grows up, the physical and mental abuse compounds. A child from 4-13 doesn’t think the same way as a teenager at age 14. There are different social and mental priorities in play. If your son is consuming to much video games or electronic media, irregardless of how much effort you put in, then his social life will suffer tremendously. Kids need to be active and cherished

Attached: B757FA8B-3855-4E73-A6A9-8CCCE65D2E9B.jpg (500x500, 73K)

Read him a book,
Introduce him to new and interesting things, take him the fuck outside.
You’re a fuckin idiot.

Well then mr expert I guess I get to look forward to shitposting with my little buddy on here!
>she
Oh just you wait mister man. The second I get home my daughter screams if I'm not holding her (10 months old).

daily reminder that abandoning your child is redpilled

This along with breastfeeding is hugely important to developing an immune system, exposure to anything potentially hostile is what immune cells use to learn how to protect the body, the more varied the exposure the more 'educated' the immune system becomes.

spend lots of time with him, let him watch whatever you're doing..like get one of those chair things you can keep him upright in...talk to him and tell him about what youre doing...it helps...

Yes dumbfuck. Your child will have a shit vocabulary like us if you keep fucking around. Do you want your kid to sound like a nigger piece of White trash?

Are you literally shaking?

At this age it’s really basic. If you keep them warm, fed, dry and safe you’ve done your job. Just enjoy this time with him. It’ll be over sooner than you’d like trust me.

Attached: AFD338E2-8F35-45C3-A5CD-7F24AF37D9FF.jpg (573x430, 20K)

Your job is the provide for the family so that the mother can focus 100% on the home, feeding him breast milk that boosts his immune system and showering him in affection that improvise his cognitive abilities and makes it easier for you to train him later in life. Also helping your wife out so she can get a good nights sleep from time to time so she doesn't lose her shit and goes insane.

dudr my dad used plop me in front of the early history channel
i love history bro. hours of bw

yeah basically and if he does something then give belt. that way you raise your boy not to become faggot

Good thread. I've got a 15 month year old. They're the future anons

Understandable user and it's something I went through my kid's first year as well. Now he's a year and a half and it's way more obvious what my role with him is. Playing, setting boundaries, teaching languages, reading books, helping him try new things without getting killed...stuff like that.

I'm on the brink of divorce with my wife though and am wondering how much our arguing fucks him up. Probably a lot. I'm not sure whether hearing that or us separating would be worse for him

Honestly as long as you make sure he has a place to live something to eat and is healthy youre doing better than 99% of fathers

keep him away from phones and internet

separating will me worse; what are you going to do when he starts spending more time with your wifes cuck?

>Or am I a dumb nigger that doesn't realize he's analyzing me and gaining something from me being around ?
Ding ding ding ding ding! We have ourselves a wiener!

Children are emotional creatures and you seem to be someone who has your emotions in check. That kid is half you, and so they have at least half the tools you do that will lead to them having the same impulse towards such levels of control. Your role is to check in with them, see what they're emotional about, and then to provide it if you're able. If you're not able to provide it, model your own emotional state in response to not getting such things. At that age of life the key thing will be consistency. Children love structure because it shows them that the world can be reliable. Be reliable to them in your expression and you form a foundation. Good luck, user.

Just play with him you dumb git. All toys are mental stimulus at that age. Give him a block puzzle, show him how to use it and when he figures out which shape goes in which hole, give him praise and attention for getting it right.

Attached: tree_sapling_supports3.jpg (687x687, 39K)

>COMPLETELY IGNORING TWIN STUDIES
JESUS CHRIST DO THE SHILLS THINK WE ARE THAT DUMB?

Swearing comes from the same part of the brain that demands immediate social reaction to danger. Swearing isn't necessarily bad, but what you're doing on a neurological level is telling the child by doing this that there's always danger present. Cut out swearing, and you tell the child that there are safe spaces in the world. You also really catch their attention when you do swear, which is good because that's what swearing is supposed to be: the raising of an alarm bell.

>taking a method developed in the 1920s as gospel

really user?

That's a real consideration and I'm not sure. My kid is an American citizen and my wife is not, so I've got that going for me

Talk to him and make him part of whatever it is you're doing. The real fun begins at about 2.
Like right now, I'm trying to take a shit and my 26 month old son is dancing in the bathroom and singing about the
>People digger car
that's outside of our house clearing a lot down the road.

It's actually based on twin studies. You must not realize the difference between shared and non-shraed environment.
quillette.com/2015/12/01/why-parenting-may-not-matter-and-why-most-social-science-research-is-probably-wrong/

i went through the same thing, your kid basically doesnt need you until they can walk. once he can walk then you can do father and son shit with him. until then, play with him when you can, read him some books, help teach him words. by the time he is two, like my son is now, he will be daddy's boy and you wont want to be away from him.

Wrestle him. Might be a JBP talking point, but it's true.

>If your wife starts to complain about him growing up and her not being relevant anymore; just get her pregnant again
kek

This, don't be that faggot that spegs out and lose their shit just because the toddler and is putting his mouth on something dirty. As long as it isn't plastic or some poisonous plant it will do him more good then harm.

And as he said, don't use any strong detergents or strong cleaning products to clean the house. That shit will do way more harm then good. Every one i know that had a mom that had 50 different types of cleaning agents in their home is sick all the fucking time. Meanwhile the ones that lived with animals and didn't just more then a broom, vacuum and soap is almost never sick, including me.

And don't forget that he needs to eat food that actually needs chewing to develop his jaw and get correct teeth. If you let you let his mom cut the crust and make mac and cheese every day you aren't doing him a favor. I've never had any braces and have perfect teeth but i was also fed though bread and meat that needed chewing, none of that white processed soft shit. And if the kid is a picky eater, make sure it at least eat the meat.

Geometry was developed in the ancient era. Why do you take it as gospel? Because it works.

Father is key for empathy growth in young children and to encourage explatory behaviour.

The mothers role is to nurse, nurture and keep the infant safe from the environment, but the mans role is the opposite which is to open up the child to experience from the environment so the child toughens up and is capable of eventually dealing with that environment.

A good start is rough and tumble play, the literature on that is extremely well replicated, babies love roughhousing, they need to learn coordination through interaction and play with someone, but they also need to learn how far is too far before they hurt someone and also how much they can tolerate before they're hurt. They also need to learn the appropriate reaction to stimulus, so rough play will extend what they're capable of so they can be rough and not just burst into crying from the slightest thing.

It's of monumental importance because as your child starts to learn to play coopreratively later in life, around the age of 3-4 you want to make sure he's socialized well enough that he's not rejected by his peers, if he's too emotionally unstable and cries when others interact, or is himself too rough then he'll be rejected and the cooperative socialization that takes place between peers at that age is prevented and the literature on the damange that does is very dismal, children basically do not recover from that if they miss that window by about age 4.

Past the ages of that your job as a father is to push your child out of the nest more and more, encourage them to go out a play, children go away from their parents as much as they can manage and then come back for safety and its the man who has to encourage that, gently push them a bit further each time and reward them when they show bravery.

Watch Petersons clips on parenting and children they're extremely good advice, and probably also watch Molymemes videos on peaceful parenting, spanking your child has very bad side effects.

Welcome to a baby? They're mother dependant until they start to become more independant.

Wait a bit longer and you'll see your involvement increase.

>math and "social science" are the same

fuck off with your armchair psychology bullshit

In the wild, your purpose would be hunting for food and protection until the youngin’ is ready to learn to do so with you. As we live in a modern society, these needs have dissipated. Don’t feel disheartened. You can’t/don’t need to act your biological role until later, so you feel like something is wrong.

>I a dumb nigger that doesn't realize he's analyzing me and gaining something from me being around
You said it, not me

Show him pictures of black people and act visibly frightened, he will never relax around them

so you want him to be a profit-vampire. "good" idea. -.-

Bro, your time (being a Dad) comes later.

Just wait.

Around 3-4 is where they start to become fun and really engage you (as Dad).

You'll see.

Lmao cope in this thread is strong

If your kid is 4 and counts to 100 that is literally nothing to be proud of LOL

>Counting to 100 at 4 is nothing to be proud of.
Sure it is.

You'll never know tho, because you're a gigantic can of faggot pussy repellent.

hold him so he gets used to your smell and sees you as a parent so your wife wont have all the emotional power
look at him and talk to him, make faces babies love them, this will teach him to empathize with you and other extended family (as long as they look like you)

This is only true for some subset of traits, there are many examples of where your influence is extremely critical to life outcomes. The development of empathy and basic social skills prior to the age of 4-5 is hugely important. Abuse even verbal abuse in the family at an early age can prime the brain for a world of conflict and make your child much less capable of benefiting from win/win scenarios, they're the children who go on to become bullies and engage in win/loss behaviour and fall behind almost every other person in society.

Abuse early on can stunt the development of empathy permanently, even verbal abuse between parents, as well as abandonment symptoms which happens if you leave your kid in daycare all day, their cortisol spikes. By the time they hit about 5 years old these things are fixed, if you've fucked them up by that point then the kid is seriously fucked. Past that all you can really do is teach values, but it's true much of the pressure parents apply to their kids growing up is lost on them later in life, their natural proclivity to hang around peers that match their personality tends to create developmental influence closer to their real personality and a lot of learned stuff from parents go away.

Other things like IQ have natural ceilings and you can't as a parent push your child past their natural potential IQ, but you can do things which prevent it from being lowered. Spanking lowers IQ, lack of good nutrition lowers IQ, you can prevent your child losing 1-2 IQ points per year of breast feeding.

Your deep voice can be very comforting to him when he is lying on your chest.
But yes, your role right now is to protect, and soon to be exciting and maybe throw him up in the air sometimes. My dad used to carry little ones in a front pack for naps.
Mom is the center of his universe until about 3, but once he is moving independently, you will become a very exciting jungle gym.

>My wife does 98% of everything.

A lot of new dads say this. Your job is to support her. She will support the baby.

When the kid is a bit older, you will become more important to the kid. By 3 or 4, itll be your time to shine. Especially since boys will want to play and be more physical.

That's normal.

All of this is refuted by twin studies. Behavioral/personality traits are just as heritable as IQ.

No thats literally average when you dont inflat your retarded kids accomplishments and compare them to what all your kids nigger friends at day care are doing

Also the egotism and narcisitism is strong here, people like youonly have kids because your total fucking losers with boring pathetic lives kek

Its the reason why all the failures like you try to live life again through your kids lmfao. Best part is when most WHITE Americans grow up they hate their parents LOL

Just have him hang around you while you do things you like. They just sit there staring at you endlessly, absorbing all info about their surroundings like a sponge. I play guitar around my little guy, do woodworking, read aloud (like what I'm actually reading, not kids books), lift, put him in the little baby chest rig and take him out with me to feed chickens and collect eggs, and pretty much everything else he can passively watch me do safely. I also make faces at him and interact a bunch.

Since you arent doing as much of the feeding and diaper changing, make up for it by being the fun / more interesting parent

You can do baby sit ups
>sit down recliningwith knees up
>baby rests on knees looking at you
>hold his little fists and tug gently
>he will pull back and rise to sitting position
Don't yank his arms, or pull if he is not pulling back.

This user makes a good point that I'd like to expand upon insofar as your role with the child at 6+ months goes. Pay enough attention to your child to be aware of what they're putting together of the world around them. This could be as simple as the child being in an empty room, having been shown where the toys are, then going and grabbing a toy and returning to the room. That shows an understanding of his space, a memory of things he likes, and the activation and follow through of a plan to achieve something he wants (playing with his favorite toy, most likely). Observe his actions so you can get an idea on his thoughts. This is because it falls to you to seed into his awareness the things that you feel will make him a good man, if not at the very least a good kid. Introduce concepts to his consciousness that are appropriate for the world that he's enacting plans around. Let him incorporate those concepts, it's his mind after all and he knows what he's doing. If you're worried that he's not picking up on concepts, model those concepts for him.

Example: let's use the above analogy of him picking up his own toys. An appropriate concept would also be him putting his toys away. That's a complex idea, it involves thinking about things in the future when you're not doing anything with them. How do you plan for something you don't think about? You can model the behavior with him when play time is over put the toys away for him with his awareness of what you're doing. Also, model such behaviour with your work from home, clean your workspace afterwards (now may be a good time to initiate with a swear, but no need to overthink this). Then observe his play to see how he incorporated the idea of his toys being put away. Does he look up at mom when he's done and gesture to his toys? Does he cry like a bitch when people approach his toys? Whatever happens, take his incorporation of the idea as an indicator of his demeanor and adjust future lessons appropriately.

you need to analyze more data my dude, there's so much data in your latent environment you are missing and I can glean this from the form and substance of your post

I doubt you're a bad father but you can always analyze more data from the circumstance around you to make stronger, more informed decisions. you may be missing some key points and moving parts in motion with regards to the system that is your growing family, but knowing is half the battle so no sweat

Speak to him. Read to him.

There's more nuance than that, yes IQ is highly heritable at least as high as 75% but that's IQ potential based on your physiology, but if that physiology is literally damaged during development then you'll never develop to your full potential. That's why you basically cannot improve IQ potential but you CAN damage it through malnutrition and through various other things like abuse. Or you know you could leave your kid unattended and they brain themselves on a table and cause swelling in their brain that makes them stupid. Environment matters to development, obviously.

You can take someone whose natural inherited trait is to be extroverted and abuse them as a child to the point where they cannot face other people and they shut themselves into a room and they'll present with an introverted personality.

Your job as a parent is really more about preventing damage than anything else, and then your child will grow up to be largely whatever they inherited. Science on IQ and spanking and IQ vs breastfeeding is well replicated. And yes twin studies are good science and I think they're reliable measures, they just tell 1 piece of the story.

I may be a useless NEET these days but I could read at age 3 and I still remember I had to take a cognitive test around the same age and they asked me to count to 3. I started counting backwards from 100 but they didn't let me finish

So yeah.. make of that what you will

Your role becomes active at 9 months when you should be doing tumbling type playing. I have a baby daughter and I twist her up and control her arms and make sure she knows the difference between discomfort and pain (I do the discomfort part, she occasionally falls on her face for the pain part). She also loves when I make her do front flips slowly, she laughs so hard it melts your heart. Also I do lots of tossing her into the air so she's accustomed to being a little excited instead of scared.

Until you hit 9 or so months, all you need to be doing is cuddling him and helping your wife be low stress around the baby. Not implying anything about your relationship but if one person is irritated with the other, you need to be careful not to be rude to each other around the baby

in the first year you should be mostly protecting your son from your wife, if need be
when he gets old enough to throw around, then you become more relevant to him directly. fuck man, read more.