In college...

In college, should I prioritize learning everything about my field and setting up my career or making friends and having a good time. Don't say do both, I want to know which I should prioritize first.

Attached: dragondesu.png (404x404, 118K)

Neither is important but you seem autistic from your typing style and picture so the friend thing isn't really an option. If nobody told you anything you'd probably spend four years masturbating. So I guess you should exclusively learn your field and "set up a career". You seen the type who will get happiness from that alone.

>Neither is important
what is?

Just live a life man

Stop trying to win at life and maximize everything. You're not an RPG character and you're not playing the Sims. If those people you play in games could talk to you they'd express how miserable they are.

Most successful people out of college accomplished it by making connections and friends with the right people.

Fucking. Morons.

Network and build a social circle with others in your field. That senior or grad student will be working at a company when you are looking for a job. And that freshman will be the perfect person you can recommend to help wherever you end up working.

So both, but with the priority of befriending people in your field.

""""Successful"""""

Take your antisemitic dog whistling to Jow Forums or Jow Forums or whatever.

>Just live a life man
I don't understand, don't have priorities or goals and just go through the motions? im sorry, maybe I am autistic

What on earth are you talking about?

>don't have priorities or goals and just go through the motions
Works if you're white.

meant for

What is success and why do you want it?

Don't listen to Jow Forums about salary . They know absolutely nothing about what you need to be more than comfortable
(Hint, it's way less than what the average 4channer thinks)

Why are you in college studying what you are? Do you even like it or just the idea of it/the idea of studying it?

I'm not trying to talk down or be accusatory . I just know a lot of people who chased other people's definition of success for no real concrete reason and were miserable the entire time and afterwards.

>Stop trying to win at life and maximize everything
why not? Whats wrong with self improvement and focusing on getting better at different aspects of life. Everywhere I look everything in life is a competition. Will I be happier if I change my mindset? if you think so, how do I do that?

There's a difference between self improvement and being desperate to do "correct" life patterns

Friends, hands down. University is an unparalleled chance to socialize that you will never get again, while there are plenty of other avenues to make a living.

i get why you'd ask this question because this website is probably equal to mommy and daddy to you but you shouldn't be this dependent on the masses and public opinion

>What is success and why do you want it?
Well I would assume success in life is being happy and content with your life. I am fairly happy with life but I am not content, I don't think ill ever be content and that doesn't bother me.
I was just wondering if I should focus on improving myself socially and try to have the most fun I can while in college, or focus on what I am studying and aim to be an expert in my field.

>Why are you in college studying what you are?
I enjoy what I am studying

>Do you even like it or just the idea of it/the idea of studying it?
I like both the idea of it and studying it, much like I enjoy studying anything really

>>don't have priorities or goals and just go through the motions
>Works if you're white.
I am white, so if I also have priorities and goals does that mean Ill do even better, or as a white I should just try to take life easy?

ok, I understand that. so should I focus on improving my social life or my future job life while in college

I just want to hear what others have to say since many here have already completed college I assumed at least some people would have valid input based on their past experiences

Make friends with people in your major. This may help your career later on.

Being real: unless you are planning on a career in academia, your career will be at least 50% connections and 30% luck. The majority of job duties can be done by automation or someone with even mediocre skills who will work for cheap. There's few people in the western world who can't write reports, answer phones and lookup information on a computer which is 90% of the work at most jobs

>I am white, so if I also have priorities and goals does that mean Ill do even better, or as a white I should just try to take life easy?
It means you get farther working an equal amount as underprivileged people. White privilege doesn't mean you don't work hard. It means you won't face the obstacles of less privileged races.

Lesson #1 in life: The trick to all things is BALANCE.

You will regret not having some fun later on in life, just as much as you'll regret not taking your studies seriously. You're spending a lot of money to be here, which mean sampling ALL the perks, pros and cons.

Have fun. Party. Be a "college kid" every once in a while, but when the party is over get your fucking ass TO WORK. Grind. Thrust. Fuck your way into your passion and get shit done right.

You gotta work hard and play harder, because balancing these two things are the keys to success in life. Not just in school, but later on at work as well.

TL;DR: BALANCE.

Attached: a.png (500x482, 134K)

If you are in the internet asking for advice go make friends. Just don’t fuck your life up.

less obstacles sounds good to me then. I guess god likes me