How do I know if I'm just making up my feelings in my head...

How do I know if I'm just making up my feelings in my head? How do I know when I'm not exaggerating for attention or ruminating on nothing when I can just stop?
>nb4 always the case
This is proven false. Brain recieves physical injury from psychological pain. Its been proven and there are things that just feel bad any way that we would all avoid...

Attached: h5LPeGv.gif (500x375, 195K)

What's the situation?

Also do people really need others? Where's the limit? How do you know you're not using them as a crutch?
How can I have my own resilience when I can just cry on someone else and not have any/much positive internal feedback?
How can I discuss my problems if I could just be making more by that act alone?
Its embarrassing at the very least if I don't know...

See for my response to that. I can't say yet

Okay fine. I guess right now basically I think I made up a fake infatuation with some girl for a little while who isn't even into me and... uh...

You know I really just wish a psychologist would get back to me soon.
But I wanna know really either way, like, can you just make problems up and ise places like Jow Forums as a crutch?

You need to accept yourself first my guy.

#
What does that mean? Are you talking about the infatuation? Because if so, frankly, I'm probably gonna disagree with your line of thought here if its based in that
>love yourself before another
line of thought.

>How do I know when I'm not exaggerating for attention
Well for example, you’re doing it in this thread right now

>I'm deliberately trying to avoid this and never mentioned the severity of my problems
>But an user asked so I answered. I also said it was embarrassing, which can be for a lot of reasons so its not unexpected I would react that way.
Okay user.
You could say this about any emotional Jow Forums post, but that that doesn't change the fact that you're not answer anything or really saying anything at all.

>you're not answer anything or really saying anything at all
Neither are you mate. If you want advice on your problem, be specific. Your situation is not special, and probably not even that embarrassing. I mean, there are anons on this board asking how to fuck their own mothers.

I actually did not mean to ask about the situation I'm asking about the mentality.
This applies to anything I could ask.

>Your situation is not special
I'm not telling you the entirety of my situation. It is there only to provide a little bit more context if an user wants it. The real question applies to almost any thread I could make.
You don't seem to understand.

And before you say it, no I won't tell you the full situation ITT nor will I link it if I make it tonight, especially since I know that's what you want me to do.
I would simply make another thread.

OP here.

Okay, look.
I'm trying to ask a broad question that incorporates some of those "it depends on" statements.

I want to know the difference between ruminating, dwelling, seeking attention, being too dependent on advice that is unhelpful or that doesn't actually get absorbed, otherwise not using Jow Forums (and/or therapy etc) right, and actually doing something constructive.
I also want to know if venting is always bad and if that changes based on the emotion of the vent.

Because the thing is, I will often say to myself "I'm making my thoughts/feelings up in my head" and have no way around that statement. That's a recurring thing. I have to deliberately stop myself from saying things in letters to therapists about my problems saying things like "I don't know what I'm saying" because it confuses the fuck out of them and isn't useful, but its really just rooted in this idea that I'm "making my thoughts/feelings up in my head"

Bumping because my thread can't stand against the tidal wave of people arguing about dating and gender differences.

I think you’re overthinking this. That’s a pretty good observation, though, that even adults tend to get in sort of tantrums where they can actually just snap out of it in an instant like babies do.

I don’t think that makes the feelings invalid, though. Actors playing roles are having real feelings. Just because they’re put on or because they’re part of a fictional narrative doesn’t necessarily make them fake emotions.

I think I understand what you are getting at, you want to know if you exaggerate your emotions for the sake of attention, or for some other reason perhaps. You want to know if your emotions are genuine and not simply exaggerations to make your life more interesting or convenient or some other thing?

Yeah pretty much.

>psychologist thing
*I'm referring to calls I made outside of Jow Forums by the way if that matters. Naturally, I can't assume that on Jow Forums.

>pretty good observation, though, that even adults tend to get in sort of tantrums where they can actually just snap out of it in an instant like babies do.
>I don’t think that makes the feelings invalid, though.
I guess its just embarrassing when that happens.
> Just because they’re put on or because they’re part of a fictional narrative doesn’t necessarily make them fake emotions.
Yeah...

I still wouldn't mind if this user was still around if they could finish that thought now that I answered.
Bump.

If you were capable of just stopping then you would. Thought patterns and emotional reactions are programmed into the brain by association and repetition. You have to program your mind to respond a different way and that's where actual cognitive behavioral therapy comes in.

I'll warn you though, prepare for people who doesn't understand to tell you shit like "Let it go" "accept yourself" "Focus on something else." I'm somewhat in the same boat as you but it helps to have someone, ANYONE to talk to about this stuff.

Just know that whether or not your feelings are fake or genuine? It's there for a reason. It's up to you to discover whether something has gone haywire or if there is actually something to upset you.

You are correct about the physical injury by the way. Severe anxiety and depression going untreated has been found to result in a physical reduction in brain matter in the Hippocampus.