Other people seem to be running on autopilot...

Other people seem to be running on autopilot, saying whatever comes to their mind and not having any self awareness whatsoever. Meanwhile I'm sitting here over analyzing every social interaction that happened during the day and making myself uncomfortable. I catch myself always thinking "how do these people sleep at night after saying all this cringy shit in public" then I came to the realization they're not like that, they rarely introspect and reflect on their day to day actions. They're like dogs, they live in the moment. How do I lose my self awareness and run on autopilot like the rest of these people?

Attached: npcmeme.0.jpg (1200x675, 96K)

These peoples actions are more important to you then they are to themselves, and your actions are even less important than that. This doesn't mean they never think but that they don't place the same level of importance on them that you do. You're not better or smarter, you're just not important enough for consideration to them.

Prove it

you sound like you're trying to make this about OP and I don't agree

proving it would be difficult but I think it's safe to say, that most people do not analyze what goes on around them to any real degree. they don't consider the people around them, the situation, the place, etc.

i work in service, food specifically, and I see this literally every day. people come in and stand in the busiest intersection of the restaurant talking, no consideration for those around them. dudes hit on the waitresses constantly even though, if they used their brains for even a second, they'd realize how inappropriate and stupid it is to do so. people will sit at a dirty table and then act suprised when someone (me) comes to clean it, yet they'll immediately go back to their conversation/phone and get in the way while it's being done.

most people are just largely ignorant of... everything. the things going on around them are not as important to them as that text becky sent them earlier, or the conversation they're trying to have, or whatever they're staring at on their mobile spying device.

and I can respect this to a point myself; after all, over-analyzing and being too aware can be a negative. but some (most) people are just fucking retards about it, just like they are about most things.

What is there to prove. OP made a butthurt thread about it, those other people didn‘t.

People who have shit going on in their lives don't typically waste time navel-gazing about how enlightened their self-loathing makes them.

Everyone has some sort of auto pilot. You probably don't notice yours because you're too busy thinking about other people.

That's grossly innaccurate dehumanizing and frankly arrogant.
They most certainly do reflect on their days, they have different opinions of what's cringy, less shame and self hate and more self forgiveness when they do, and are likely more focused on different things than you.
Also youre taking a bath if you think other people don't ruminate and cringe over some of their social mistakes.

Couldn't have put it better.

What about those studies showing that a large percentage of people have no inner monologue?

This

Source?

Have you personally read these studies or are you just parroting an analysis you saw?

That doesn't mean they aren't thinking you mook. They don't put their thoughts into words in their heads hut they still have complex integrated thoughts.
They're also capable of producing an inner monologue but they tend to claim its "too slow" and find the integration much more efficient. If anything they're even better thinkers than you.
Way to see exactly what you want in something without giving it any thought or more reading. Analytical. Pft. Can't even think critically.

I have. You don't even need to look them up there's forums and forums talking about it. It's not the majority, he's very wrong there, but it's also not a very big deal at all. It's like yanny and laurel level of who gives a fuck.
All it is is when they think they don't have a voice walking through their thoughts. It's more impressions and integrated feelings. You probably do it too even if you do primarily use an inner speech dialogue.

honestly, sounds like youre just lonely. when youre having a conversation, you hae to act in the moment, and chances are ur just as cringy. most people tend to think a lot more when theyre by themselves or are much better at analyzing how bad other peoples' actions are (a good example is a fat mid-age man complaining about how the quarterback of "his" team isnt running fast enough, ur that old man)

Attached: sheeple.png (376x401, 46K)

>i work in service, food specifically,
thats why. people have been trained to basically regard food workers as the absolute bottom of any money based society. u dont exist and if u do its to make their day better, either by bring them food or letting you catcall them. its not that they are oblivious to your existence, you just have no value. as for the "people come in and stand in the busiest intersection of the restaurant talking", most normal people dont see it as a big deal cuz they understand its an issue that can be resolved with basic human communication

It has forums and forums talking about it because people love to fellate themselves over supposed intellectual superiority, and nothing's a bigger ego boost than claiming most other people don't actually think.

Personally, I only really have an inner monologues when I'm either preforming commentary or performing a meta-analysis of my own behavior.

pol in a nutshell

They aren't though.. and what you described is exactly what they do... Which is why I said "it's no big fucking deal"
And by forums I mean titled "does everyone have an inner monologue" and some people saying "no only when I read shit"

My fucking head narrates every goddamn thing I do think and feel. It blows.

I probably would be happier if I could go into a cafeteria and yell obscenities at max volume to my friends like all the black guys on the football team do, but I'm too self aware. I didn't even say having no self awareness was a bad thing, I'm saying I'm jealous that these people can be themselves all the time and not give a shit what others think.

STFU. Stop dehumanizing people you arrogant shithead. You're a fucking scumbag.

They have more experience than you, they've been through their cringy moments tons of times. The trick is to just try and avoid censoring yourself, it'll happen in time.

You have the divine spark, rather a lot of it. Use it to make money.