My bofriend dumped me for calling him cute

What the fuck? My boyfriend just dumped me because I called him a "cutie". He explicitly said "cute means you don't see me as hot or sexy anymore. You see me as a non threatening puppy so this relationship is dead" and stopped fucking responding to me.

Is this a thing now that I'm just unaware of?

Attached: German-Shepherd-Puppy-Fetch.jpg (789x526, 55K)

Sounds like he was trying to dump you one way or another so he made up a bullshit reason.

Block, forget and move on

Either he is very self conscious about his masculinity (possibly closeted homo?), or this No matter the reason he was a weirdo anyways just forget about it

This

It can indeed be awkward and even deprecatory towards a man to be called "a cutie", but he very clearly overreacted so and have valid points.

>It can indeed be awkward and even deprecatory towards a man to be called
Wtf me and my wife call each other cuties all the time and we're perfectly happy. What is it with this toxic masculinity shit?

>What is it with this toxic masculinity shit?
It's called being a real nigga. And let me guess, she wasn't a virgin before you married her?

He sounds like an imbecile. He does realize that in most cases cutie is almost synonymous with good looking/sexy, right? My girlfriend calls me a cutie all the time. Especially whenever I fall asleep in her lap at night. Just ghost this idiot.

Sums it up. You're very hurt now for sure but honestly just move on from this idiot and find a guy who is not this dramatic and stupid.

Also for guys reading this, when I think of a guy as cute I am probably also simultaneously imagining have hot sex with him, so don't feel insecure if a girl calls you that, especially your girlfriend

Cringe

I don't really understand that description of yours but

cute
/kjuːt/Submit
adjective
attractive in a pretty or endearing way.

Maybe I'm not insecure in my masculinity enough to become offended over a synonym of attractive.

>And let me guess, she wasn't a virgin before you married her?
Lol. Shouldn't you be posting on r/braincels instead of Jow Forums?

A) It can absolutely be insulting to some men to be called "cute". They're justified in feeling insulted. Babies are cute. Puppies are cute. The label implies something helpless that is being looked down on. For someone who takes pride in their accomplishments and/or self-sufficiency, it can definitely be derogatory.
B) No matter how insulted he felt, there's zero chance that it's the only thing that compelled him to break up with you. There was other stuff bugging him, and that was either the straw that broke the camel's back or just a convenient excuse.

Haha whag

Send him this thread so he sees how autistic he is. You're dodging a bullet anyway so you have nothing to loose.

I don't know what the fuck some of these people in this thread are on about.

If a girl called me a cutie, its just another way to call me attractive.

Maybe its a tiny, tiny bit awkward, but it would probably for me be awkward in a nice way. Women can say things to men like that and it should not be emasculating or anything no matter HOW masculine or even sexist he is.

At best, it would just be like "Stop your embarrassing me" not "I'M BREAKING UP WITH YOU BRUH THAT'S GAY FEMININE SHIT WHY DON'T YOU HAVE A DICK AND ACT LIKE IT?"

And that's if you think cutie is such an over-the-top cringey compliment to begin with.

I'm kinda baffled. I think the other anons might have a point that he was looking for a reason to break up with you.

>You're dodging a bullet anyway so you have nothing to loose.
This OP. He did you a favor by breaking up with you.

OP here. I doubt he would respond or even receive anything I sent him. I'm still confused and disoriented a little. He literally texted "this relationship is dead" and fucking left just like that. We were dating for 8 months and he's met my family and he just walked away

What an autismo way to dump someone, good riddance to the douche/fuckboy. Calling your SO loveydovey things is normal, he is weird or has ego/self esteem problems.

Confirmed for my first post OP Either he found someone else or wasn't feeling the spark. That's fine, don't take it personally. Be glad it ended this fast without wasting more of your time.

Just forget about it, it was a crappy dating experience nothing more. Take a deep breath, learn to detect these situations in the future and either focus on improving yourself for a while or start dating again if you think you are ready. I'm sure there's someone out there that fits you better and respects you more than a break up over text and blocking.

>Is this a thing now that I'm just unaware of?
Men are very touchy if you don't see them as the absolute best, and give them what they consider as silver medals instead of gold.

>There was other stuff bugging him, and that was either the straw that broke the camel's back or just a convenient excuse.

>Take a deep breath, learn to detect these situations in the future

I will try. I get it. But you have to understand I saw NO signs of this before! No red flags, no alarm bells going off, absolutely nothing l could have seen. I'm going through everything mentally wondering where I went wrong or if he mentioned anything that was questionable and I have zero.

I'm texting all of my friends (he met them all) now and they're equally as surprised and shocked as I am.

Kek what an alpha, don't even blame him, now beg to get him back

lol @ all the assmad roasties ITT that clearly don't understand men. I'd dump by gf too if she called me cute.

Yeah, what you're doing is trying to justify it as being something you did on your end. It could have been as simple as

>he was dating someone else at the same time and decided to cut you loose
>realize he doesn't like your personality which is fine since we don't all have chemistry with each other
>someone he deems more interesting/attractive gave him the impression of flirting and now he considers himself free to pursue it
>heard some bad rumors or something and decided you're not worth it

Either way, the reason is irrelevant. Probably the thing you can improve in the next relationship is communication and honesty with your partner. Being self aware of how much you equally enjoy spending time in each other's company and being realistic about the future of the relationship.

>uses "roasties"
>cannot understand situational compliments
Pure kino post

Attached: d27.jpg (622x626, 38K)

hook line and sinker
>the absolute state of this board

Some people find that girls often use the word cute to pity weak bois, he may have some kind of trauma related to that or he's 12 years old or smth idk

>have some kind of trauma

If he does I want to help him. I still love him

>I like fat girls and I told my gf that I like that she's fat and she dumped me. What happened????

Dumb fucking roastie, use your head. Obviously men dont like being called cute just like women don't like being called fat, even if its used positively. Dumb cunt.

You're making zero sense, how is fat and cute at all related to each other?

What is it with the fucking trolls on this website Don't you losers have anything better to do than shitting on all threads on here?

I guess it's time to start dating women then ayy lmao
>wasting your time with ugly social retards with bad hygiene that have been sexually replaced by dildos and chimp out if you don't use the right word to compliment them with
top kek

Attached: 0a7a7e3cf52e242cc580ad4187a710c1.jpg (640x960, 84K)

I feel like this metaphor would work better if she called him fat instead of cute.

Basically, he means she called him something he would find insulting, much like how women find being called fat to be an insult. It's a terrible analogy.

Turn your fucking brain on, stupid fag.

Some men might not like it, but some men aren't sensitive little fags who can't handle a compliment.

How about I shove my foot up your ass instead you fucking moron?

Hahaha have fun getting the shit beat out of you by a bulldyke

Lesbians are the most toxic people to walk the Earth

Source, am gay

How about, instead, you write analogies that are completely fucking retarded?

>calls me the moron when he couldn't understand a basic analogy
Dumb fucking brainlet, neck yourself.

I think you might have something wrong with your brain. Why are you trying to be all cyberbully on me. Do you really think anyone cares about you. You talk to people like they are trash. Why would you want to come off like that. Does it make you feel tough? Are you trying to make up for having a small smelly dick? You need to see a shrink. Have fun going through life wondering why people don't like you. I'll give you a hint though, you try to make others feel like shit. But you have failed on me. I know what you are. See, the thing is, I'm a nice guy. You on the other hand can't control your stupidity. You really don't even realize that you are a jerk ,do you? When your older maybe you can look back on times like this and see that you where unnecessarily rude to people you don't know. Right now you think you are being cleaver and it is just a fun time. Keep treating people like you do and see where you end up. You can not compete with my intellect so I warn you to give up before you embarrass yourself further..

xD

It's not that I don't understand basic analogy, it's that your analogy sucks major donkey dick

1. 2. Why is he supposed to be threatening to his significant other?

Cringe

>Keep treating people like you do and see where you end up.
President of the United States, sadly.

Attached: pepe-last-dance.png (1280x1280, 59K)

>getting this assmad just because you didn’t understand an analogy

I'm like 70% sure this is some type of new copypasta

>Why is he supposed to be threatening to his significant other?

Many men (not totally unreasonably) believe that you have to be a feral beast to maintain any sort of attraction from women.

Many people tried being the sweet guy and got burned, now they're flipping the switch and going Genghis Khan on women. People talking on the internet is only expediting this trend.

I think it's either literal bots shitposting or trolls that don't even bother anymore and just paste&post. Both of which are deterring me from being here. I'd fucking report as trolling but I doubt just one or two asshats are samefagging this much

God, I'm glad that my fiance is not like that. Being in a relationship with one of these guys sounds annoying and exhausting.

>Being in a relationship with one of these guys sounds annoying and exhausting.
They're pretty much why so many women cynical and wary of men. As well as why SJWs and feminism are still a thing in the twenty-first century.

Attached: burgerpants.png (694x448, 27K)

Bait.

But for any femanons out there, unless the guy is younger than 12 or is a sissy cakeboy fagola, refrain from calling guys cute. It's emasculating.

Nah I'm waiting for my class to start faggot

U were dating a beta

>They're pretty much why so many women cynical and wary of men.

>Oy vey be cynical of stinky abusive men, fuck dildos, go in lesbian relationships and adopt brown children instead of having kids!

Women should be wary of men, though. Too many assholes out there. Claiming otherwise is pure retardation.

Should men be wary of women as well?

In a way, yes. Shitty people are shitty regardless of danger. Women should be more careful, though, because they're physically weaker and men can hurt them easily. Many of them do. Crime stats don't lie.

You ask that on a board that spends half it's time complaining about women?

What next? Asking if the sun rises in the east and sets in the west? Is water wet? Do we breathe oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide?

Lmao OP, he sounds either insecure as fucknor like he checked out a long time ago. Good riddance.

And for the guys who think cute is an insult, my biggest crush is on a guy best described as cute. Buck up, bros. It's a compliment.

Here's a good bridge between the two sides here.

If my girlfriend called me cute I would be totally fine. I would like it a lot probably.

If some random girl OR someone who I'm romantically interested in but are very early on in a relationship then I would be less confident that it was a compliment.

Another way of looking at it is watching how the girl interacts with other men, or about other men.

If a girl says "oh that dude is fucking hot/sexy/admirable" but only uses "cute, adorable, sweet" when referring to you, THAT is a HUUUGE indicator of a lack of attraction and way too much comfort.

Men want to *actually" be sexually desired by their partners. Woah big surprise oh noes totally un PC oh noes u hate women oh noes

fuck off

Lol I love when thots use the excuse "He was trying to break up with you anyway"

>girl does something stupid
>guy breaks up with her
>"Was it something stupid I did?"
>"No it must have been that he was planning to breakup with me"

These hoes truly can't see logic.

More like it's a general problem with masculinity. Toxic or nil.

Have fun sabotaging your own relationships and not being able to take compliments because your masculine fee fees were hurt, you insecure pansy

>Have fun sabotaging your own relationships and not being able to take compliments because your masculine fee fees were hurt, you insecure pansy
I don't get asshurt over dumb shit like being called cute/getting compliments, that term is still for faggots though

so much edge. Watch out for them teen hormones. They seem to make you talk funny while being insecure

>reverting to facebook tier insults
wew lad

>I don't get asshurt over dumb shit like being called cute/getting compliments
>that term is still for faggots though
Oh, the irony.

>You talk to people like they are trash
But you are trash, user

Call him an insecure fag and leave it at that. He’ll get majorly rumproasted so that will be pretty funny. You’re better off finding someone less prissy

I like the fate stay night reference

>Is this a thing now that I'm just unaware of?
No, you just don't call your boyfriend cute.
I've also snapped at, harshly, my ex's any time they called me cute. You absolutely don't do it.

Anyway if he dumped you over this, it's far more likely it's the straw the broke the camel's back, and not the actual reason for the breakup. Learn to read signs and be more involved with your boyfrined's feelings. You were clearly aloof. There's no denying this.

Calling your bf cute is like calling your gf a bitch.

you're absolutely autistic if you REEE over a woman calling you cute. If a woman calls you cute 90% of the time she's trying to tell you you're attractive without seeming overly aggressive or coming off like a loose slut.

replying to le epic irony

You either picked an insecure dumbass, or he was looking for an excuse to bail and couldn’t properly be respectful or decent enough to talk to you face to face and say “Hey, this isn’t working out” because that might make him feel kinda like he was being petty or worse, might be really awkward, so instead he found some random excuse to make himself feel justified in dumping you (and yes, I’m aware that sounds convoluted as fuck, but this is a real thing that people will do).

Either way, good riddance.

You don’t want to have to deal with someone who thinks either of those in the long run.

Seems to me that he was Just looking for a reason to dump you. I mean either that or he is like extremely insecure about his sexuality. Im a 19yo dude and i dont mind if my girl calls me cute, i know i look good, and her saying it makes me feel loved.

Is that you heat them? And the dog too do good measure?

Your (ex)bf is an insecure bitch.

>Insult your bf
>He dumps you

Imagine if he called you a dump slut

>ex does something ballsy
>stands up for himself, takes no shit from his mean gf

adv:
>he was insecure

SO TELL ME Jow Forums... is there ANY point where a woman is able to do something wrong?

super insecure guy.

>Being offended to the point of breaking up by being called "cutie"
>ballsy
I knew you were a bitch peanut butter but this is just laughable.

Based and redpilled

>Non-threatening
That is legitimately one of the biggest appearances I'd WANT to keep up, my partner should not be threatened by me. And yes, I am a fukken cutie, and damn proud of it. I'm cuter than some chicks, Hell bite my ass.

Your man either or is mad insecure.

When I was in Highschool girls used to call me cute all the time. Not because they were attracted, but because I looked harmless. That's why the bf dumped her, because cute is entirely different depending on your past experiences.

'Like I said originally, it was the straw in the camels back.

It's like a girl dumping a guy for calling her a bitch

Except you idiot come RUSHING blindly to the defense of evil women everywhere. and PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK for doing it!

>being called cute is equivalent of being called a bitch
Are you just being retarded to troll at this point?
Nevermind, already sorry I gave you your attention whore fix.

Dykes and ayydens are gross assholes that too closely resemble the yucky gender, femmes are bomb. Also,
>TAHXIK
dumb meme word.

Lesbians have the highest rates of abuse in any relationship combination.

being called the direct translation of cute in brazil means the girl wont date or fuck you if her life depended on it so i can understand that

That's because women are unironically more violent than men, cause they can get away with it easier.
Only reason they don't act on it, is because they know any non cucked man can wipe the floor with them if they try anything.

Insecure homo
He did you a favor

they unironically dont, they are from r9k

I get called cute all the time. Cuz I am cute as fuck... which is fine, but I usually follow up with "As cute as I am, I'll still choke you and spit in your mouth while I fuck the shit out of you." Gotta play the cards you're given.

>so don't feel insecure if a girl calls you that
I'll take this to heart, but then again, you're not all girls

This is dumb, you can offend anyone with a compliment.

Most modern women would probably not feel great about being called "arm candy" for example. The label implies someone who is valued solely for their attractiveness.