Marriage Prenups

Why are Millennials turning marriage into a business contract?

washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2019/02/15/sign-dotted-line-why-millennials-are-writing-contracts-their-relationships

Attached: 68D0B68C-FE43-473A-A957-523D66AF1701.jpg (2048x1365, 253K)

Marriage has pretty much ALWAYS been a financial contract. It's been as much about linking families wealth as it has been about procreating.
It's just that, now that it's possible to break that contract in a much easier fashion and this is usually accompanied by an equitable asset split, people are opting to better define the exact terms of this marriage contract (e.g. how assets will be split based on what acts lead up to a breakdown of the marriage contract).

Kek

Men figured out the ebin eternal romance meme was a lie when the Internet let them compare notes.

As someone who has been happily married for over 20 years this idea seems extraordinarily reasonable. Being on the same page really enhances a relationship.

Attached: 894C53D8-D868-4508-BACF-B23267DEC76F.jpg (573x430, 20K)

milennials are doing this because their entitled lives are such that anything they engage in must come with escape clauses, methods of skirting responsibility, ways to delete, erase, or otherwise scrub from their past, present, and future.
they have been raised on social media where they can say and do things and then delete it if garners negative or unpleasant feedback.
they have been raised with photoshop, easy to use editing tools, and other methods of altering reality, their perceptions of reality, and subsequently other people's perception of reality.
it stands to reason that they would make marriage, also sex dating, and all aspects of normal social interactions highly contractualized in order to maintain the aforementioned lifestyle

waste of digits

If you are getting married you should have a pre-nup. Women will say a pre-nup means the man already has one leg out the door, but since 70%+ of divorces are filed by the woman, a prenup just takes away some of her financial incentive to divorce. Pre-nups save marriages

based and redpilled. I think its more about combining wealth. Procreation is the cherry on the top. I think its about sharing. Sharing your stuff, sharing your bodies. It makes no sense to share your stuff with someone else if you get nothing in return. Share your stuff out of love? Maybe I don't see why that would need a legal contract tho. Mutual sharing would need a legal contract to cover everyones asses in case something goes wrong. I'm fucking done with this gay earth.

Attached: 1544067584127.gif (320x134, 801K)

milennials are in effect, living out the meme of the highly efficient and bureaucratic nazi, requiring no deviation from the standards and procedures, demanding all things be signed in triplicate, and punishing those who deviate or make exceptions to the rules.
it is an interesting parallel that is playing out: those that demand and expect the most freedoms are the ones who are becoming the most authoritarian.

With divorce as common and easy to obtain as it is today a prenup is just being a practical. Ideally you will never have to worry about it and that is why signing it shouldn't be a problem for either party.

this isn;t based and redpilled you flaggot, user is merely providing basic factual information on marriage as it pertained to the aristocracy and those seeking to improve their lot .

I think its based and redpilled now. I think that this isn't common knowledge. I think most ding dongs get married without even thinking about the legal implications.

Attached: 1540238468157.jpg (754x1024, 99K)

> There is no one way to write a relationship contract. In length, they can range from a few brief bullet points to — like one by a 29-year-old woman based in Washington, D.C. — 14 pages, single-spaced. Unlike a traditional prenup, a relationship contract is generally not legally binding, and deals primarily with how to create and maintain a relationship, rather than the financial fallout when one ends.
> Not Legally Binding

Fuck, Millenials are tards

>14 pages single spaced
>not legally binding

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 80K)

Nigger, prenups were necessary before millennials started getting married. In every case people are trying to protect themselves and their own assets, not doing it to punish their partner for not following the rules.
God damn, are you a journalist?

yeah I wonder how many of them realize that prenups are private agreements who don't override state divorce laws. If you really want to protect your property, transfer it to your parents.

DONT GET MARRIED

yea that true? i didnt know that.

A prenup is no guarantee can be attacked in court. You never marry in the first place. It’s possible with laws here.

which one bros?

I would go with 2 and 4

yeah absolutely. your average Chaim Shekelstein will shred your prenup if she lawyers up.

Because now that women are the bread earners they fully see the reason why you need a prenup. But it’s only ok cause they are women and since they are women it doesn’t mean they don’t think it will work out.

they're all meh. the white girls all have the 1000 cocks roastie stare, 1 is outright ugly too, and the moustached gook looks like their wine aunt

>But it’s only ok cause they are women and since they are women it doesn’t mean they don’t think it will work out.
Of course.

In california, marriage isnt required.
She can sleep over at your house a few times and still get it.

I agree with user,

>b,but you're planning for failure

No fuck that I'm planning for my success
>external affair?
You get nothing
>have a son
No circumcision
>have any child for that matter
DNA testing
>no kids?
Tiny divorce settlement

The prenup is the ultimate "inb4" just fucking do it

>wife can have you arrested at any time
>wife can take your kids from you forever at any time
>wife can take over half your shit forever at any time

Gee why are prenups getting more popular

Because the radical left has taken over the family courts and left the millennials parents destitute. They don't want the same outcome.

Abso-fuckin-lutely correct. Hide your assets if you want them protected in the case of divorce or defacto-relationship breakup. Nothing else will help you.

>Traditional Christian wedding vows, for example, feel excruciatingly vague
>While traditional Jewish weddings include an actual contract
what did they mean by that?

Well those millennial men need to protect that $14,000 a year they make

They will hold up if both parties have counsel at the time of signing.

I agree, but the problem for most couples is that when they are starting out neither of them may have or be earning much. You generally can’t protect assets you don’t have yet with a prenup.
For those who are already coming in with a lot of material assets to lose then yeah, a prenup is vital, but for the rest of us it’s still an unavoidable “shot in the dark” so to speak.

you're delusional

Women break the verbal agreements of vows extremely often for little to no reason, so the contract must now be made explicit.

But the courts won't enforce it evenly, it's men grasping at straws to try and maintain what women are mindlessly undermining.

Marriage IS a BUSINESS CONTRACT

Not the fairytale ending of a romance book

You give money

Her family gives prestige

You fuck her

She makes legitimate heirs

The idea of already loving your wife was LAUGHABLE in the old days until she’d proven herself worthy DURING marriage

You didn’t submit like a cuck and HAND her love on one knee

Love was EARNED

Kek. In a reasonable society that is devoid of kikes and roastie enablers, you might be right.
Unfortunately for you that society does not exist.

fpbp

>be me
>software engineer, running small SaaS business
>fiance is in residency to become gyno
>once she is fully licensed, she'll make as much if not more than I do, even if I continue to scale

I've been dating her since my junior year of college but we're still doing a prenup. It's as much for me as it is for her - if either of our careers go down the tubes we could still support ourselves, but there is still a lot to lose.

I love her though. I don't even want to think about us separating, but it's always good to be protected.

Attached: 848.png (659x525, 205K)

No, I know how the law works. At least in my state.

you're delusional

Its the inevitable conclusion of sexual liberalism intersecting with a capitalist economy

Because on average 80 percent of marriage last around a whole year now days and and 99.9 percent of those divorces man are left holding the bags

Is you're stupid enough to get married in this time and she at the very least be smart enough to get a prenup which is the equivalent of putting a condom when fucking a street walker, you could Fuck her with out it and have the thrill of your life but chances are you'll end up with ghonorrea at the very least

Marriage has always been a business matter. The ceremony is just a public formal transfer of property from the cunt's first owner(her father) to the man who will own her for rest of her life(her husband). Marriage is selling a piece of property with an extreme depreciation, or in some places in times paying some dipshit to take this worthless trash off your hands.
MARRIAGE HAS NEVER BEEN BASED ON "LOVE"
"LOVE" MARRIAGES HAVE DESTROYED FAMILIES.

She wont leave you, because she gets her sexual satisfaction from fondling in strangers vaginas, instering objects back amd forth, massaging clits hymens and cervixes.

So when you catch her in bed with a feral nigger you can just get up and leave. And when we inevitably see another woman, the cunt won't immediately start screaming like a banshee simply because it's our instinct and right. It just protects us men from women and their flimsy clueless nature.

>let me tell you about your country

Someone's paying alimony and is salty

This. Always get a prenup or you will get fucked.

Says the zoomer who didn't watch his parents separate through no fault divorce or the booomer that voted for this aforementioned laws. Freee looove, maaaan.

>Marriage has pretty much ALWAYS been a financial contract
based fpbp

marriage is a financial decision where two people decide to invest in a tax-advantaged account for the benefit of each individual portfolio

roasties and artists need not apply unless they're down to get pumped and dumped

No, you are interpreting what you read to be what you want.
The way it actually works is much different. Prenups don't hold up in court because it is so easy to invalidate them. Contracts don't hold up if one party was pressured into it. And the wife is always able to claim she was pressured into it because otherwise they wouldn't get married. Contracts between laymen are incredible fickle and don't really have any value in court.
Not to mention, you don't even know how prenups work. At all. All a prenup does is decide how to "fairly" divide up the assets, AKA, the manner in which they are being split up. You can't just say "I keep my stuff". A prenups would say "I get to keep the house and the 80% of the expected inheritance that I will receive when my parents pass away, but she gets all the savings (up to the value of the house; every dollar over the value of the house is split 50/50), alimony for 35% of my paycheck for the next 10 years, child support, and my 401(k)". You are still giving her half of your money and 50% of your paychecks after you divorce until she remarries and paying child support for the kids. You are just deciding how that 50% is split.

well, you're the one telling us that, in your country, bitches are to even somehow be trusted, because reasons
and whatever country it is, somehow trusting bitches always is delusional, retard

>he believes in true love and "two people becoming one" lol

>letting your woman even know about your personal assets, let alone spend them on frivolous girl things, so that you can't afford more justice than her

Always get a prenup and hire a specialized divorce attorney and pay him a wage every month of your marriage for when shit hits fan.

Adultery should be criminalized

Same for women gaining excess weight unless they have a medical condition

I didn’t say that at all, Ali. Rather that I know how the law works in my state. And that as long as you’re not a retard and sign it 5 mins before the wedding you’ll be okay.

But I’m sure you, a Jow Forums Female Expert, know better about state divorce laws in the US.

>Sign here Paco

Paco gets fat and can't work anymore

Paco tells judge this contract is racist and he agrees

Paco stays home while roastie works

Roastie gets fat and selibut

Hey Hans, whats goin on there big guy?

Attached: 1413969497818.jpg (388x452, 38K)

Indeed. If your prenup agreement says in the event of a divorce, the father owes no child support, but state law requires child support, guess who's going to be paying the next 18 years.

>be american
>believe that strict monogamy is desirable or even possible without sacrificing a large chunk of your sexual potential
>get divorced at the drop of a hat because "muh spouse cheated in holy matrimony"
organized religion was the worst thing to happen to the sexes

Divorce is 70% the woman’s fault. Men relax and stop acting like assholes when we get married.

Women get bitchier and crazier the longer they’re married because their hypergamus instincts are screaming at them 24/7 to dump him and move on to the richer/taller/cooler/tougher guy.

Sadly our german law doesnt give a shit about a prenup.

>said by every man who shows up to divorce court only to get completely waylaid by the judge and opposition counsel.
user, if you have a prenup and are operating under the provably false assumption that it is ironclad I strongly encourage you to do some further research into the matter so you can at least be aware of just how vulnerable you are.

Pre-nups aren't worth the paper their written on, they get thrown out all the time. All a women has to do is say she signed it under duress and it gets thrown out by the divorce court judge

Marriage WAS originally a business contract.

Attached: AE6D56BA-5FD6-4C5F-8748-9C4AB4EF6B50.jpg (640x1367, 128K)

>only the asian girl is truly modest

Every time. Why white girls are like this?

Attached: 1545784756397.jpg (630x630, 58K)

>Men relax and stop acting like assholes when we get married.
Lol is this why I can't get married? I settle down and relax after 6 or so months of dating

>he thinks prenups work
>he's never seen someone with a prenup get divorced and lose everything even with multiple lawyers on his side, all of whom had mediated over the prenup

marriage is and always has been a purely risky business matter. plain and simple. women just gamed the system and turned it around on men.

>putting a lock on a 3 foot fence

>Marriage WAS originally a business contract.

Yeh, and now divorce is where all the money and big business is.

>I know how to make the law not trust a woman infinitely more than it'll trust me
delusional, jamarcus

Because they are programmed to be.

Attached: C192D7C6-5BC9-423D-8F0D-D936814AAF7C.jpg (566x566, 22K)

RICED.

This. Boomers BTFO. Women BTFO.

Attached: 1535725987653.jpg (559x558, 49K)

First marriage has always been an economic arrangment. Second, society has so disenfranchised men that only fools will today marry. Prenups are provably ineffective.

The disenfranchisement will continue to worsen. Men need to effect necessary measures to protect themselves from harm, and eschewing marriage is absolutely necessary as part of that process.

Do not allow any woman to stake a claim to you, or your assets will be claimed thereby. As inconvenient as it is to do this, it is demonstrably necessary, and far preferable to being stripped of assets.

Men incapable of realizing that they can be tricked will discover the truth in time. Pity them.

Don't spend a lot of effort to protect them that will not protect themselves, however, as it is about as useful as forcing drug addicts into rehab. They can't change until they want to, and your efforts are better invested where they will be appreciated.

A valiant effort French-bro, but some people are just determined to learn the hard way. We can’t help him.

>Don't worry girls, you'll land a white man one day too... Except you, tattooed ass slut.

>First marriage has always been an economic arrangment

Marriage isnt the economic arrangment anymore, hasnt been for years. Marriage is just the set up.
Divorce is the economic arrangment.

if you get a prenup you are subconsciously checking out already before it even started. she will know if, you will know it, and the guy she cheats with will know it.

granted you are a lot less safe not getting a prenup however if you get one you are setting yourself up for failure. if you have any doubts then she aint the one.

There is literally not a single good reason to get married anymore other than tax fuckery

>Why are Millennials turning marriage into a business contract?
The court system has forgotten how easily women lie and decieve. Strong contacts are now required given the relative ease of a >no fault divorce and the court's propensity to divide assets regardless of whether the material contract was adheared to or not.
If my future wife can fuck around on me and still demand half of the shared assets you can be damn sure i'm either not getting married or were signing a pre-nup with mafia level reprocussions for breaking the contract

This. When the judiciary abdicated its responsibility to divide the marital assets based on adherence to the contract it becomes necessary and now opts to simply do a 50/50 it decreased stability of marriage and the requirement of seperate contracts beyong the marital vow.

>samefag
There's extra words in here. Yout figure out which ones

The terrible truth in the matter: if a judge doesn't like the prenup they can and will declare it invalid. Then they'll do the standard divorce-court rape.

Gay

The happiest and most loving marriages are between apathetic men who could leave on a whim anyday, and a woman who believes he’s he best she can do

abortion is another example

I’m goin 1, 3 (cause she looks like she can suck a mean dick), 2, and — this is rare bc I like Asian chicks — 4.
That is the order, and anyone who says different is a Zionist Jew whore

second left girl looks too familiar, i feel like i've seen that exact face a billion times already
what is that gene meme

Those tattoos on #3.

How can these whores even pretend to have class??

Neither married nor straight.

They all look like cancer to me but i'm old enough to remember how girls looked in the 70s

>in 10 years
>"daddy what's a thot and why does mommy have it tattoed on her body?"

Because of the boomers and all the degeneracy they allowed to happen.

They all have a creepy soulless stare. It's unnerving

Marriage is slavery. Dead-Beat Dads are cool!

Attached: 1551630075446.jpg (3840x2160, 2.19M)

Another problem that doesn't seem to get much attention is even if you find a good, decent girl, 999/1000 she's going to have some dumb ass thot for a friend that will try to brainwash your girl into being like her. This usually happens if you and your girl have a fight and she vents her problems to her good 'friend', and it's easier to take the blue pill when it's masked as an act of confiding. You're fucked either way.

Who is the future mrs in the photo? She looks familiar