Redpill me on solar energy companies

whats the deal with solar energy? why do i see ads for solar energy companies talking about solar roofs and cutting energy costs? sounds like a ruse and fake. redpill me on this industry and people

Attached: 1551631818185.gif (286x215, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/news/teslas-store-shuttering-strategy-may-pull-rug-solar-012539456--finance.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

do you know how advertising works you fucking retarded peabrain

reread me post retard and thanks for the bump

this, but also the fact that solar and wind arent reasonable solutions to the energy problem, given the current power grid that exists in the developed world. Solar has massive peaks in the middle of the day that cause other power sources to become unprofitable at some points, like is happening in California. In Denmark there is also often an overproduction of wind power, causing them to have to "give" or sell power to other nations. This is simplified to give you an understanding.

I've heard some people say batteries are a solution to this, just charge them and then use that power in the night. The problem is we do not at all have that kind of battery technology yet, not even close. There are suggestions to use potential energy, as hydro power plants already do: use surplus energy to pump up water into a reservoir and use that later. Only problem is that it's not scalable to the massive power use that we have.

Thus, solar is problematic unless it's used in very small amounts, or for private use. For use as primary power generation, along with other renewables, a redesign of the energy grid is required, which is extremely expensive. This is however being attempted in Germany right now.

The tech itself isn’t the scam. The rip off is the installation fees.

Depending on where you live solar panels can save you a lot of money

why don’t you do everyone a favor and go and do the math yourself and then come back and redpill everybody on solar panels for your house, OP

The Sun is a giant fusion reactor. Sunlight is radioactivity. No useful energy can be extracted from it. All attempts have just made things super radioactive.

>but also the fact that solar and wind arent reasonable solutions to the energy problem
dude nuclear and solar is the only thing that matters. there's suns everywhere and they burn for free, harnessing power from that is a future solution.

Wind and water energy are retarded.

Is "redpill me" just another way of saying "give me a conspiracy theory to believe instead of the mountains of reputable information out there"?

It's better than backing non-renewables, you ignorant twat.

Solar is crap!

Attached: SolarPowerDebunked.jpg (1680x1050, 665K)

>You should believe CNN like I do!

Attached: Solar panel waste.jpg (1214x1194, 243K)

it seems that we have a lot of titty babies in pol today. this must be your first time visiting pol. if you are this sensitive, I suggest Facebook groups.

Yes. Red-pilling someone is to provide them with political indoctrination.

Beats sucking off Murdoch, fellow pea-brain white winger.

I was here before Jow Forums got brainwashed by bots. You're the invader.

Based.

>we've gotten to the point where they end articles with "look guys we're reputable!"

nah, you sound like a pissy baby getting defensive over a common pol term. it happens with people that arent familiar with pol conversation. try Facebook

Electric engineer fag here. This user is correct. Solar does cause some major problems to the grid primarily because supply must equal demand at all times, suplus or deficit are not allowed. Thus too much solar or wind will eventually cut into base generation causing instability. The big term that people forget is called dispatchability, essentally how quickly a powet source responds to a demand or excess of power. For this purpose hydro is the absolute best as it responds faster than anything wheras coal and nuclear are the worst hence baseload.

For fun look up the California duck demand curve and you'll understand why its a issue with no clear solution.

thanks for the informative post engineer user

what is your opinion on hyrdo being used as a main energy supplier?

He’s telling half the story though. Electrical demand peaks at mid day, the same time solar and wind produce the most energy. The ideal system is nuclear + hydro for base load with renewables for peaks.

Should you be in school?

Ideally then we'd use a base of nuclear or hydro power to handle the minimum loads and use attenuated solar power for peak loads and inbetween, until we have a storage solution that eliminates the need for attenuation.

I never contradicted that though, it's just that the California and Denmark examples show that using renewables for midday peaks create problems in that they can overproduce even though there is peak consumption. This creates problems for the base load, especially if you have coal or nuclear (especially nuclear), which takes a lot longer to adjust electricity production.

It's also worth noting that the switch to electric transportation systems in cars and trucks can create a much bigger load during the night in any case.

> (You)
>He’s telling half the story though. Electrical demand peaks at mid day, the same time solar and wind produce the most energy. The ideal system is nuclear + hydro for base load with renewables for peaks.

Peak is actually around 5pm, when solar stops working at max and people go home. Like i mentioned the California duck curve is a buge problem requiring massive plants to ramp up production 13,000 megawatts in a couple of minutes which is insane, by generation standards

> (You)
>thanks for the informative post engineer user
>
>what is your opinion on hyrdo being used as a main energy supplier?

Anytime user. Hydro is definitely useful, it is a very reliable rewable resource. Unfortunately it comes at a major land cost due to the reservoir but if that becomes an acceptable loss then it is the best for baseload in my opinion followed closely by modern nuclear.

> enters a thread where OP states an opinion so anons can join and provide counter-info proving or disproving a commonly held opinion, all for the sake of discovering the real truth, as argument is the best way to discover truth.
> redpill is a term used for this conversation type/style of pol, and only noobs get mad
> gets upset because you're too stupid to understand this and youre a newfag

try facebook

That would be ideal. One alternative to pv though is concentrated thermal solar. With a storage attachment we could potentially solve this problem.

Perhaps archaic, but wouldn't heating a giant vat of otherwise thermally insulated water be a (slow) sufficient storage solution?
Not to convert it into steam, but as a giant heatsink we can draw heat out of as needed.
Efficiency on this must be rubbish now I think about it.

makes sense. as an engineer, and side topic, what are your thoughts about the conspiracy that the ancient egyptians built the pyramids as an electric power plant (river underneath to generate electricity, conducter in the middle as pharaohs tomb, gold tip and limestone coating for insulation) i.e. creating a massive tesla coil? could this be feasible on a larger scale today?

There is a system in spain that uses molten salt in place of water storage. They then have a heat exchanger to make steam. In my opinion it's very promicing. According to the report I read it was capable of running full power for 16 hours after sundown. Which covers night operations and dispachability.

>tells person with counter argument to go away because muh echo chamber

Try harder retard.

Niggerfaggot shut the fuck up lmao

Molten salt, very useful.
I know of the thorium reactor designs that use molten salt as the convector but you can heat it up with anything of course.
Based Spain.

My father watches ancient aliens and told me about that once. I cant say i know much about it but from what i know at the moment I'm not buying into it. I still peronally think they are fishing for great whites in a trout pond.

Unfortunately anons i have to go. I am conducting some work in my area's control room and no cell phones are allowed. Till next time.

your counter argument was literally asking what redpill means. try facebook

thanks

useless in most of the world, wears out after 15 years, costs alot to make, can burnout, production release alot of toxins and is not "environmentaly friendly"

>not knowing the difference between a rhetorical question and an argument

This is why kids need to stay in school.

Even Elon Musk is going to pull the rug out under solar: finance.yahoo.com/news/teslas-store-shuttering-strategy-may-pull-rug-solar-012539456--finance.html