You’re daily reminder that capital gains should be taxed at 50%...

You’re daily reminder that capital gains should be taxed at 50%. You don’t get to make money just because you have money.

>then no one would invest and the system would collapse

Oh you mean capitalism is literally an infinite growth ponzi scheme?

Attached: BAC2D5B4-F9BB-44F4-9A31-2BCDD2183671.jpg (800x510, 63K)

What in the, i say what in the nigger did she say?

> You don’t get to make money just because you have money.

Then why only 50%?

Labor capital and goods should all be taxed at 10%.
End of discussion

Envy and jealousy should be taxed.

That's ridiculous. The government already taxed the money to begin with.

You don't make money because you have money idiot. You make money because you give it to someone else temporarily and they make/sell shit to pay you back!

Attached: 3dfx_Voodoo2_1000.jpg (800x600, 129K)

as if this dumb whore knows what the word "instituted" means

Do you not understand what capital gains are?

>you don't get to
Stazi detected

Attached: 1534872677201.jpg (560x560, 46K)

That isn't always true.
Capital is given an indisputable tax advantage.Labor, the working man, is hosed.
I am very far right and even I see this.

Strong retard. Capital gains are made when something is sold off. If I have something that accrues in value then decide to sell it I shouldn't have to sell it for the same price I bought it because some lazy nigger wants to be lazy.

Attached: 1521298739767.jpg (580x435, 33K)

So if I have an idea that would make me a millionaire I should sell it to china according to this pinhead? Cool beans.

What's her point? We shouldn't enforce the law in regards to property crimes? That government is illegitimate because it doesn't facilitate the redistribution of all wealth and property? Why is it wrong to protect property? I don't understand anything this woman says, is this even her quote? What's the source?

>You don’t get to make money just because you have money.
How are they able to make money just because they have money? Does someone see how much they have in their bank account and give them more money?

>You don’t get to make money just because you have money

Attached: 1542477702139.jpg (326x294, 18K)

Translation:
> democrats want old people to starve.

When someone invests their money that has already been taxed, it should not be taxed a second time for success unless it can also be written off on taxes for lost money. How is this "capitalism" in any way shape, or form?

Are you a poor person? Do you have a lot of student loans, an expensive car note, and credit card bills that are out of control? Is your credit score below 600?

Wow! Another person who does not know what capital gains are

Underrated comment for being correct.

Poor people cry...they don't like the real world, tey like 4th grade economics when teacher makes everybody "fair" and "equal".

She said its a class war and they want to keep it that way.

This site is satire

since you lament the fact that people don't know what capital gains are, can you please define the term or post a link to a definition?
>inb4 no spoonfeed

>Trying to lecture people when the first word demonstrates your lack of education

Daily reminder that you don’t get to steal my money just because I have money

Monies made from profit...what is your definition?

>t. employed at ebil big bank of doom

I'll make it simple. When you invest money, it makes more money on top of what you invested. These profits are called capital gains and taxed at significantly lower rate than labor. The money you invested is not capital gains, the profit is...

It is not taxed twice. That is not a fucking argument

Attached: AOCsuicideChallangeTEXT.png (886x657, 701K)

>Jow Forums is fine with this

Attached: the_distraction_economy_by_themanredyo_dc0vpze.png (3540x2467, 2.69M)

>implying the money invested in the market appeared out of nowhere unable to be taxed by the government, as opposed to being earned through taxed income

Communists should be taxed their organs. It's their only thing of worth

It needs the advantage, or investment capital moves to more secure assets, and available market liquidity begins to decline. You would see immediately increased housing prices, for one.

good, we're working from the same definition. In my opinion there should not be a capital gains tax, but there should be a sales tax on single purchases over a certain amount (that certain amount being tied to the national average income, say if you buy a single item worth more than an average years wages there should be a significantly large sales tax.) this would provide incentive for wealthy people to invest in the economy (meaning raise the national productivity, which is closely correlated with average standard of living) but provide less incentive to the excesses of the mega wealthy

She reminds me of someone just cant place it ?

Attached: Charels Manson.jpg (1600x900, 330K)

>There should be a sales tax
So poor people get hit the hardest because whatever they make, they spend. No, just use the power of the US to crack down on meme tier countries operating as slush fund tax havens and install a progressive capital gains tax rate.

Attached: 19402931.png (2068x1170, 179K)

Only way something like this does not hurt the middle class or working class if it is a progressive capital gains tax, though something like that could be gamed to shit. Using my TFSA to buy and hold stock has been my greatest money vehicle for the last decade as someone who's yearly income is not great for being a full time worker (~70k CAD).

I disagree that there should be a discrepancy between the sales tax rate based on how much the item costs, because it would incentivize making things that are cheap and penalize making things that are expensive. And when I say “make things that are cheap” I don’t mean “encourage making items as cheap as possible”, I mean “make one thousand burner flip phones instead of making 10 iPhones”.

Just make the sales tax a flat rate. Everyone owes the same amount, everyone pays the same amount. You can’t survive in a market economy without making purchases so it’s not like you could be a company that pays a net of 0 tax by giving away shares equal to the due amount.

Damn right we protect property in the us country, an innovation we figured out centuries ago. That's why shit works so well.

Why not 11% or 9%. How about 9.95%?

The truth in what OP says holds no water for life for America’s Multiculturalism and Diversity are vampires that only drink blood.

>sales tax hurts the poor
What the hell are you talking about? A flat sales tax would affect everyone equally, that’s the fucking point. The guy you’re quoting is going further and saying expensive things (ie things that rich people buy) should be taxed “significantly”.

A sales tax would encourage the government to facilitate a proper market where the most trades can occur, because it would be its only source of income.

>capital gains should be taxed at 50%

Just so I'm clear here... You propose that any investments should be taxed 50%, regardless of duration? No more tax discount for longer term investments? And investments are actually taxed higher than any existing income tax bracket?

Okay. I horde everything in cash/tax advantaged municipal bonds/gold/whatever, and have zero taxable investments on paper. My corp has zero investments, and my salary contract is re-written to basically be "95% of any profits at the end of the year, kthxbai".

Of course, good luck getting a loan anywhere, because the measly 1.25% getting paid by banks on regular basis (I wish) is now only .6%, why bother? Oh, and any little angel investments I've spread around town to get others off the ground with some equity stakes? yeah, I'm going to need to liquidate those before the new tax laws kick in.. sorry, no new funds going out, it's not worth the risk now that my returns are going to be half whatever they were last year.. Sorry.

This game is almost as fun as the "Nobody is full time, everyone is scheduled 30 hours a week, thanks Obamacare!" game I got to play a few years ago.

protip: You're not hurting me, you're only playing yourself.

>t? A flat sales tax would affect everyone equally, that’s the fucking point
No it fucking wouldn't. It would disproportionately affect poor people who spend whatever they earn and save nothing. If you would support taxing high price goods significantly more and leaving things like cheap consumer goods alone, perhaps.

So let’s say the sales tax is 10% and a person earns $10,000 and spends all of it. Now let’s say a person earns $100,000 and spends $20,000, who paid more in the sales tax? Still the richer person, because they spent more money. It’s not the sales tax’s fsult that a person is spending a greater percentage of their income because they didn’t earn as much as someone who earns 10x their income.

You could make the argument that a sales tax would create an artificial price floor where a person might not be able to afford a product or service because the increased total cost due to the tax put the item/service just out of the budget of someone, but that’s leagues away from saying “poorer people are more affected by a sales tax because they have less money to spend”.

I hear that bullshit all the time and see no issue here In Texas. Care to back that claim?
>inb4 what is Google?

Rich people don't make their money on income, dummy.

How in the fuck is that relevant to a sales tax? Poor people and rich people have to purchase shit equally

How much of a poor persons income is spent compared to a UHNWI? Here is a hint, a lot more.

BOOM! headshot!

Only goods should be taxed.

Those UHNWI are already paying a shit ton of money in CG taxes as it is so the Sales Tax isn't an issue.

How much of a poor person's income is spent on brand name items instead of generics?
How about this: social security and medicare are an 18% non negotiable/non refundable tax before we even talk about income tax brackets, so a poor person is losing 30-50% of their income from the get-go. Why not let them have that so they can afford to buy a house?

>They are paying a shit ton in capital gains
At a lower percentage than labor

Not the discussion

let me educate y'all.
if you are paying capital gains, at all....you are doing it all wrong.
never let that money get taxed, reinvest instantly.

Fuck it let's just take shit. Let's just steal everything from everyone. They can't stop us all.

lols

>At a lower percentage than labor
Yeah sure, if you're some entrenched hardass like Warren Buffet or the Koch Brothers who made their money early on and don't have to change their stock equity much over the course of a year.

The fuck? She just implied that government helps to stop people stealing your shit.
>the sheer audacity of that spic

The old Adam smith quote

> "I don't have anything. You have something. You owe me what you have."

I hate niggers and spics.

fuck off kike
You don’t get to make money just because I have money

the profit as compared to what you bought it for is what is being taxed, im pretty sure

Kill. Your.self.