World Fairs

Everyody needs to look into this. They are hiding history from us. Pic related is Chicagos world fair in 1893. It was supposedly created in 2 years and nearly 200 buildings were built. Then completely destroyed 6 months after the event. Weird right. Kind of looks like the remnants of an old empire

Attached: 44961D96-7DD5-4B5E-A046-23FD7711C471.jpg (777x518, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zTkXRi4ynX8
youtu.be/JujN_1H3Ack?t=1260
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 25193BC2-546B-4565-AEE7-2A86E967EF59.jpg (736x597, 98K)

Attached: FE897F66-D91A-4CBB-BA52-2ADBBEE9F8A0.jpg (1200x800, 234K)

Attached: 6811040B-692F-4FDB-807D-3B0F359FC90C.jpg (350x244, 19K)

Here's San Francisco world fair had a similar build period then completely destroyed shortly after

Attached: C8BAF671-E594-4FF0-952B-686DFF6C80F7.jpg (640x406, 76K)

Attached: 9CD7A401-0A34-4DCB-AD00-F639A00CE147.jpg (236x287, 17K)

Attached: A5DB0B61-F522-4B3D-AB29-3A12D54C1A3D.jpg (500x390, 55K)

I don't know if this is a new shill project for flat retards to make quick buck, but still the 2 years of construction sounds absolutely ridiculous.

love the photos though, amazing.

Attached: 1893-chicago-fair-white-city-day.jpg (850x645, 85K)

This is the one in omaha. Was completely destroyed after shortly after it was built in a small time frame. Also none of these world fair buildings had any blueprints for its creation

Attached: E7A6F5A2-182C-4074-A88E-9F47BD31150D.gif (477x315, 96K)

Fuck off david icke, they were made of plaster facades over a timber frame and painted white, literal movie set construction.

I'm not a shill I've been looking at this for awhile and the story around all of this seems like a load of shit.
None of these hand any blueprints at all.
Pic related is Nashville

Attached: 37952734-2FC1-4288-8C34-B758EBE4106C.jpg (270x187, 12K)

No blueprints though

Also I believe some of the world fairs we did create like the new York crystal palace that collapsed but later on they started throwing real sites in the mix. Pic related is new york

Attached: A7CB2E63-249E-48A2-A84D-53D48418AFC9.jpg (793x512, 174K)

Attached: 14A8E119-5E76-4345-B647-C37B10B26503.jpg (291x173, 10K)

Attached: 3AC53E38-FC9C-40BC-85B7-201BECC609F6.jpg (400x320, 21K)

I saw a very good documentary on this fair on Amazon video. It was really a grand event.

Attached: 96B99BA9-A873-4B76-AB68-447FA4BA4CA3.jpg (2817x2015, 773K)

are you a fucking brainlet

If anybody has pictures of other fairs please post them

Why are you asking

world fairs merged into the olympics. now every four years some shithole is picked out and all that construction happens again only this time it's not destroyed and left to rot

Digits have blessed my thread

Attached: C526E9A7-6B69-4B55-AF94-12F97688BA16.png (430x185, 122K)

These events costed millions back then why the fuck would there be no blueprints. How would they be able to build all of this without designing it first

You faggots really are gonna slide this thread. This place really has turned to shit

>These events costed millions back then why the fuck would there be no blueprints
You've tried this over on /x/ and are now trying it here.

Why do you think there's no blueprints? Because you haven't found any?

That's quite different to there not being any whatsoever.

Also the buildings were fake, you think they were built out of stone, marble, etc. No, these were the Disneylands of their day.

If that were true why are some "exhibits" still standing? They surely built some parts but I doubt they built everything. Especially statues and wooden structures.

How could you build a hotel that could fit thousands out of plaster?

Attached: usca34249.jpg (576x393, 65K)

Look into fires in the later 1800s just about every major city had huge fires around that time that just happened to burn down all the old buildings. Lol it's hilarious how many accounts of fires in 1800's there are, look up any old epic mansion or cathedral and it will say unfortunately burnt down in 1870 or some shit on Wikipedia.

Attached: rolph.jpg (640x471, 143K)

>Also the buildings were fake
No they weren't. They all had interiors and multiple stories and millions of people visited. You can't fake a building or make something that will collapse on thousands. And some structures are still standing.

Attached: MSIChicago.jpg (3264x1832, 2.39M)

Proof that they were fake faggot. Also send me the link to thread because I haven't been of that faggot /x/ in years. If somebody else posted more info on this topic is like to see it.
No body has replicated anything close to this type of architecture since then. Imagine building this today. Can you prove to me that they weren't built out of stone? Show me how someone can build all of this out of wood and paper and other cheap temporary materials

It happened a lot yes. Here are the brainlet arguments.

>they didn't have fire fighters back then
>it's just a coincidence everything burned within just a few decades
>they rebuilt some of the buildings worse because reasons

Attached: stadia3.jpg (1151x513, 252K)

>No they weren't. They all had interiors and multiple stories and millions of people visited. You can't fake a building or make something that will collapse on thousands. And some structures are still standing.
Buildings at Disneyland are fake but can do all that.

What's your point?

>Can you prove to me that they weren't built out of stone?
Prove that they were, it's what you lot are arguing.
>Show me how someone can build all of this out of wood and paper and other cheap temporary materials
Easily, people literally do it for hobbies.

You can't prove they were fake. Some were temporary constructions but most of what they built was clearly not.

>wooden houses
>boats
>bridges
>statues
>multi storied buildings
>coloseums
>theatres housing hundreds
>hotels housing thousands
>amazing water fountains
None of these can be faked. What was faked? Maybe some decorations.

Disneyland isn't fake though.

How do you fake pic related? Even if those pillars were made out of bubblegum and confetti(impossible by the way) it's a tremendous amount of work. Why would you just destroy it?

Attached: Viking,_replica_of_the_Gokstad_Viking_ship,_at_the_Chicago_World_Fair_1893.jpg (1100x700, 156K)

>Prove that they were
We have already.
>Easily, people literally do it for hobbies.
Let's see this lol.

Attached: Palace_horticulture_court_palms.jpg (770x600, 266K)

Then show me somebody building this type of architecture in modern times. You can't even with cheap material. Yes there were some building that were fake at the events but some weren't. That is what I'm pointing out. Prove to me this is not made out of stone

Attached: 2E5E1716-3E1E-4979-B07B-1032643D8F11.jpg (500x400, 53K)

Fake bridge btw, made of styrofoam.

Attached: Chi-fair-13-20080924.jpg (1440x1287, 235K)

>Disneyland isn't fake though.
It literally is. You've not ever done any reading up about Disneyland if you think that.

Fake = building trickery et al. A lot of the buildings from these exhibits were not built to scale, for example, they were smaller than they'd actually be.

>bubblegum and confetti(impossible by the way)
You corrected something you're the only one having said. Interesting attempt at manipulation there.

Fake ferris wheel with apartment sized carriages.

>it's not real bro, when you visit it's all your imagination...

Attached: 1893-columbian-exposition-34a.jpg (385x490, 157K)

I'm from Chicago. Some buildings still remain, the biggest one being the Museum of Science and Industry. But yeah, it's on the south side, completely surrounded by niggers and ghettos.

>Then show me somebody building this type of architecture in modern times
That's your argument? That because it's not being built today something is fishy? Have you watched 'Why Beauty Matters'? The reason this shit isn't being built is because it inspires us.

>styrofoam
You're being obtuse.

You really are close minded

Weak wood frame designs that just had the ornamentation and neoclassical architecture painted on it. They were a massive hazard at the time and had to be taken down. It looks beautiful, true but it was a meme construction.

Attached: 1528373756046.jpg (1182x548, 97K)

>remnants of an old empire
You just went full retard

>they were smaller than they'd actually be.
What in the hell are you talking about?

>You corrected something you're the only one having said. Interesting attempt at manipulation there.
You're saying they're fake so they must be made out of worthless materials that don't support structurally sound buildings, because buildings that are structurally sound aren't fake.

You said that. The problem is that your claims are half baked so I had to give you some materials.

Attached: a16.jpg (1600x1107, 514K)

>You're being obtuse.
You're the one saying it's all fake. What's fake about a marvelous water fountain and dozens of not hundreds of statues and wooden houses?

Attached: Worlds-Columbian-Exposition-Chicago-1893-08.jpg (1050x993, 209K)

>Weak wood frame designs
The wind would known such a structure over. Nothing in this image is "fake". They are huge and stood strong.

Attached: Worlds-Columbian-Exposition-Chicago-1893-16.jpg (1050x856, 115K)

>it's not real bro, when you visit it's all your imagination...
Obtuse again.

These threads are always packed with these types of replies. Some with the those Tantria Empire (or whatever it was called) threads. In fact the same replies/writing style.

Glad you're posting unrelated to world fair constructions that were destroyed. That's where the real rabbit hole is. Some ancient structures still exist today, but most were demolished under strange circumstances.

No argument again.

Attached: d52kjpb-900667da-9efa-4a15-a16d-739daec30d9d.jpg (396x629, 93K)

I'm not all at, quite the opposite. Nice projection.

I believe there could be something to this what sets me off, though, is you lot arguing in favour of it. Funny.

>What in the hell are you talking about?
It's clear if you look at the buildings, look at the stadium you posted before, it's dimensions are off.

>Fake
Fake as in temporary/not meant to last but by all means focus on the semantics of the word. I never said they didn't exists, nor not real, I said they were fake.

The buildings at Disneyland exist but they aren't real. The Castle at Disneyland is small, but looks bigger because of a number of tricks. Exact same thing with these fairs.

Fucking beautiful and an absolute shame this got destroyed. This is peak architecture. I wish I had millions of dollars so I could recreate something similar to this.

It pisses me off people aren't more passionate about beautiful architecture and instead push gor dumb downed garbage modern architecture.

>No argument again.
Lol ironic.

Some of the buildings at Disney are just ‘props’ and just are a facade. But many of th buildings ar real, you can walk in, etc.
So what are you allegeding?

Yeah it's one of my arguments if they can build buildings like this out of cheap material then we would see this common theme throughout the 20th century it wouldn't just disappear at the beginning of that century. Imagine Hollywood sets of they can build buildings like this for movies. Yeah they already have fake towns with some shitty architecture but nothing on the level of what we see here.

>when you're so retarded that even /x/ chases you away
Don't make rejected /x/ threads here faggot. They build massive hollywood sets like this and then demolish them when they're done, is that a conspiracy too, bud?

You are closed minded and you don't have a grasp on what it takes to make structures like this. Your argument invalidates hundreds of acres of building saying it was all sawdust, when millions of people were interacting with it all.

The stadium is huge, how are the dimensions off?

>Fake as in temporary/not meant to last
There are still structures standing today.

Disneyland is real. Life actually isn't a dream mate.

Attached: photo-chicago-columbian-exposition-view-across-the-lagoon-1893.jpg (950x762, 173K)

And according to you, why would they demolish these ancient structures? Why would they make a world fair if they wanted to demolish these structures secretly?

Also forgot to add that it only costed $40 million dollars for chicagos world fair with the current dollar.

>But many of th buildings ar real, you can walk in, etc.
You can walk in them, sure, but they're still fake in that they are built to appear as 'proper' buildings. The Castle is a well known example. It's a fake castle, smaller than it looks. It exists, it's 'real' but it's still fake.

Nothing ironic about it.

You're mistaking movie magic for essentially small towns.

Attached: 8c3da3956cf5d2cc59d78233d3c4a3e2.jpg (540x360, 88K)

Post the link to thisn/x/ thread because I haven't seen this shit. I so far have two faggots not providing evidence for this

>They build massive hollywood sets like this
Post some.

To get paid.

Attached: 1893_Birds_Eye_view_of_Chicago_Worlds_Columbian_Exposition - shrunk.jpg (2178x1665, 1.76M)

The disneyland castle is incomparable to these multi storied buildings that are like 100x the size of what you're talking about. The disneyland castle doesn't even compare to these pillars in my opinion

Attached: 1893-columbian-exposition-30a.jpg (492x388, 151K)

>You are closed minded
Funny the other user, the user whose posting similar augments and pictures to you said the same thing.

Hmmm.

>building saying it was all sawdust
I never said that, you're putting words into my mouth. I never said what they were built from, just that they were 'fake'.

>There are still structures standing today.
So? The Crystal Palace was meant to be temporary, it stayed up for 70ish years. Once they decided it was going to stay up they had to make improvements so it could last.

>Disneyland is real. Life actually isn't a dream mate.
Try harder, or swap IPs to make it look like you have agreement.

Nice one user

Also the mental gymnastics of shills is what keeps me alive
>wooden buildings goy, nuthin to worry about. Better keep looking for them ayyliums
>
>

Attached: 1527681593662.jpg (400x386, 40K)

>in my opinion
I don't give a fuck about any opinion. Just because it doesn't compare to you doesn't mean it's wrong, or right, or whatever.

> that are like 100x the size of what you're talking about
No they aren't, holy fuck, ahaha.

>he's in damage control despite having not said anything but the contrary
Thanks for bumping the thread but it's worthless to reply to you.

>build beautiful hotels and houses for thousands of people to stay in for months
>it's all fake though, prankd. enjoy that stucco

Attached: fake boat.jpg (800x602, 90K)

Another thing the internet sucked the life from...

faked pavement too

Holy fuck you're so mad.
>ignore the entire contents of a post because I posted my opinion
Sperg harder if you can, this is hilarious.

Attached: Worlds-Columbian-Exposition-Chicago-1893-15.jpg (1050x847, 222K)

This is a good picture for this argument.

>four lads sitting on a fence
Most modern fences would flake because construction is actually cheap.

In China you have new sidewalks collapsing, in America you have new bridges collapsing, but in ancient America you have fake structures standing strong lmao.

Attached: 1893-columbian-exposition-29a.jpg (494x387, 174K)

>To get paid.
Then you destroy all the secrecy you fuck. And there's still no reason to destroy the structures.

Millions of people attended, surely someone would've recorded how chicago showed its ancient structures to tens of millions of people only to destroy them afterwards. You're basically implying that there's a global conspirancy to hide the existence of an ancient global empire,for whatever retarded reason

>he's in damage control despite having not said anything but the contrary
>Thanks for bumping the thread but it's worthless to reply to you.
Lol what?

I literally said that the Crystal Palace, which was designed to be temporary, and only last for the duration of the exhibit was made to last for longer when they decided to keep it.

Doesn't fit in with your...opinion does it? Lol.

>Holy fuck you're so mad.
Haha I'm not but whatever.

>because I posted my opinion
Opinions literally mean nothing. You've ignored a number of truths posted here. They kept buildings, and have to do a number of improvements, on the buildings they decided to keep. It is not opinion, it is fact, the only thing in debate which matters.

>faked pavement too
This user did the exact same when he was posting his shit over on /x/ and got bitched the fuck out of there.

Notice how he's focusing on the word fake, trying to make anons picture that those of us questioning this are saying it never existed, which no one in this thread, or any of the others, has argued.

Bumping this one too.
>all that landscaping
>make a horse racing track
>stands can hold tens of thousands of people
>building in the foreground is two stories
merely a prank

They wouldn't get paid doing that. World fairs were certainly last hurrahs that generated a lot of money.
>And there's still no reason to destroy the structures.
Yes that's why this is weird and why OP made the thread.

>You're basically implying that there's a global conspirancy
Yes, I am on Jow Forums.

Attached: title-west-wing-of-the-colonnade-of-states-at-the-1904-worlds-fair-1904-MAKRJR.jpg (1300x1098, 255K)

Those are insane... think about Las Vegas they can’t build stuff this amazing and they try to

>leaf

that’s not even a picture of the world’s fair that’s a picture of the chicago board of trade building.

>TL;dr
>You’re being trolled, and OP is a fag

Take your meds, I've never posted on /x/. Could it be that you're the retard though? Clearly that's true.

>shitposting on /x/
>shitposting on Jow Forums
What's your end goal here?

Exactly and it was all built very quickly using ((temporary)) materials which defies reason and logic.

Attached: 1548950760506.jpg (750x607, 108K)

I've never seen that pic thanks. No way in this was built to be temporary

You're trying so fucking hard to derail this thread.

Ok I am impressed

Damn that building does look pretty crazy on the inside. This thread reminds me of this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=zTkXRi4ynX8

>Take your meds, I've never posted on /x/.
You have. I'm sure some user can post to the threads over these about this same very issue, and that old/covered up empire in Russia.

Funny that in those threads it was OP and one/two others who'd jump in and post pictures with OP too. Just as in this thread.
The insults are the same too directed at people questioning the questioning.

Fake.

And theses buildings seems to be stone made, how could they be burnt to the ground?

>Yes that's why this is weird and why OP made the thread.
Circular reasoning

>Yes, I am on Jow Forums.
Are you admitting that you're being unreasonable?

Other user posted something unrelated too. This conspiracy goes beyond the fairs, there were thousands of old buildings like this destroyed all over many countries.

Again, all of the structures were multi-storied. There's nothing fake about them.
Each pillar held up a column with statues on top.
Every building had a foundation.
Most buildings had massive amounts of decorations above the highest levels.

Some of it was decor or build flimsily sure, but you can't make buildings like this using unstable materials. They were temporary only in that they destroyed them, obviously they would stand the test of time as you can see in the buildings that survived.

Attached: Worlds-Columbian-Exposition-Chicago-1893-04.jpg (1050x808, 113K)

You're retarded the topic is related to the point of fake history of covering up historical land marks. It's a related topic but not specifically the world fair

The one that impresses me the most are ones like this that give a proper reference for the scale. You can use this statue to get a vague idea of the verticality of the rest of the expo.

Attached: statue.jpg (1000x769, 131K)

What is the whole point of this thread? What history is being faked? The only intriguing thing to be gleaned from this thread is how a whole city can be built up in 2 years but it takes union labor 2 years just to pave a fucking mile of road down the street from my house nowadays. And these faggots will always cry about being underpaid.

Am I?

I said before I find this fascinating and it's something I've wondered about myself before.

But what's interesting is how these threads are the same as ones over on /x/ where the exact same thing happened. You'd post this shit, simply get asked questions, and then lose your shit.

You're using proxies.

You, OP, are the same as this 'user'

This lady's youtube channel is really good.

No I'm admitting we're discussing the hints of a conspiracy.

jews make it a point to remove architecture like this because it encourages pride in whites, which results in us eventually killing them and their capitalist fed pets

>Why did they destroy this?

Because they are fucking americans.

Most of our modern monuments here in Lisbon are derived from our two great "world fairs":

The exposition of the Portuguese World, I guess it was in 1949 or 1939.

And the Oceanic Exposition of 1998, which revitalised a fucked up part of town and today is the best area in the Eastern part of town with appartment buildings easily reaching one to two million euros.
Too bad so many chinks live there.

But really, (((american modernism))) means that you can destroy your past in order to create your gay future.
And in nowhere else can we see that as clearly as in the demographics of america's major cities.

youtu.be/JujN_1H3Ack?t=1260

Check this out they nuked Moscow when napoleon invaded. History books claim Moscow known as the "Great Stone City" burned down to the ground before Napoleons eyes. But how could a city made out of stone burn?

>You're using proxies.
This is what happens when an /x/ poster is off his meds.

I think so too. I've got a folder of gorgeous buildings from cities that get destroyed for Jewish monstrosities to take their place. It's disgusting.

Attached: 1893-columbian-exposition-31a.jpg (497x389, 142K)

>obviously they would stand the test of time as you can see in the buildings that survived.
As I have said and has been ignored ALL THE TIMES it's been posted.

The Crystal Palace, a giant glass building, was built not to last. When the decision was made to keep it/move it, then improvements were made so that it did last.

Explain that if you can in spite of being unable to the other times this point has been raised.

You're not following the thread. The fairs were demolished. He was pointing out all the fires in the 1800s with old historical stone building. The lds building in Illinois is a good example it got completely remodeled after its fire. It was said to be built by Mormons in around 2 years

This... we aren’t allowed to have things that remind us of our glorious past..

Fucking sucks I hate this world

>This is what happens when an /x/ poster is off his meds.
Lol ad hominem. You didn't deny it, either. Nor were you able to answer any of the points I made.

Keep focusing on my using on the word fake, though.

>No, these were the Disneylands of their day.
Um, kiwianon, the structures in Disneyland are generally permanent. They do some renovation occasionally, but there are buildings there that have been standing since 1955.

Well this isn't exclusive to America, most buildings from all the expos were destroyed. I haven't looked into many of the fairs but I'm glad to hear about yours.

I'm not sure I'm no scientist.

Attached: Fountain_energy.jpg (770x565, 280K)