How is it possible to dock the ISS?

When it's traveling 17,150 mph which is equivalent to 15 orbits a day?

Attached: download.jpg (281x179, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

solarsystem.nasa.gov/basics/chapter1-1
youtube.com/watch?v=Sb5en13kec8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_Buoyancy_Laboratory
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

By also going 17150 mph. Stop being retarded.

Relativity faggot if you orbit same speed you are both motionless to each other learn 2 physics

match deltaV and plane, then calculate burns so you "slow down" enough to "catch up".
source is unironically NASA, astrophysics.
prove it in orbiter (simulator), kerbal if you are brainlet.

literally youtube it

smartereveryday did a video on it like two weeks ago

The absolute state of brainlets

Retarded people like OP should be ground down for animal feed.

But how do you accurately estimate a missiles projection reaching the iss?

Welcome to Jow Forums

Math.

Play KSP, it showed me how incredibly hard it is to dock in space, but it can be done. The Dynamics of the orbits is great for math buffs.

Explain the math to me please

Goddamn I miss ksp, building modular stations was my jam.

By creating it in CGI, and then playing it back.
It would be too risky to try and dock with it otherwise.

kek this. what a stupid question.

It's when 2 guys with foreskin touch tips

easy.

just ignore the "wires"

Attached: Moon-Hoax-999438.jpg (590x542, 93K)

What the fuck do you flat earthers have against doing research?

>explain the math to me please
no....
read this, in its entirety.
solarsystem.nasa.gov/basics/chapter1-1

You travel much faster in sky n shiit y know

The Earth is hanging on a wire

Attached: 1551817491388.png (1544x1080, 781K)

Simple, you hire polez to do the plumbing and hidebin the skid

note actual orbital mechanics begins on chapter 3.
dont skip chapters.
this is how I learned orbiter...

You calculate how long it takes you to reach orbit, then simply time takeoff so that the space station is where you want it to be by the time you reach its altitude.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (480x270, 242K)

Stop asking questions goy.

Attached: extra flat.jpg (1458x823, 76K)

Nevermind the size of the Earth in the picture. I mean...if Earth is that small when I’m the moon....wonder how small the moon would be when on the Earth?

Ok good info

Attached: capability.jpg (1457x798, 219K)

>When it's traveling 17,150 mph
relative to earth

when they space walk are they dragged behind?

It’s not. Space is fake

dont get me wrong either, I know NASA are full of shit on alot of things, pic def related
low earth orbit has never been a question

Like landing on the moon right?

Attached: earth-moon-distance.jpg (1200x806, 46K)

first landing only
in my opinion
>that webm of the camera tilting up at the LM

fpbp, you literally can't even be up there with it unless you are also moving that fast

Attached: 1481486372963.jpg (600x375, 39K)

Holy fuck op is a legit retard

We've all seen the footage, of the scuba diver in space, so we know they are faking it.
>youtube.com/watch?v=Sb5en13kec8

So either one of these is true:
>ISS does NOT have anyone onboard, so they fake the footage.
>ISS does have astronauts onboard but they still fake the footage
>ISS is NOT real, there is something else up that much bigger or better up there and use NASA and the ISS as a cover.

or least likely:
>ISS is real and the astronauts onboard are seriously trolling us all with fake scuba divers in space.

Attached: 1523596337081.jpg (500x530, 49K)

>Houston, we have a diver
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutral_Buoyancy_Laboratory

Attached: giphy.gif (480x270, 1.41M)

yes, but that pic was actually in space, not in the pool.

ISS itself is "real" because you can radio it on occasion, and detect it passing overhead.
what "it" is may be up for debate considering the fakery, the radiation, and the south atlantic anomaly.

>ISS itself is "real" because you can radio it on occasion, and detect it passing overhead.
I've seen the 'ISS' flying overhead, but what struck me was how I could see it, despite it being relatively small? It's not like a Boeing 747 are easy to see when flying at 30k ft.

>despite it being relatively small?
those modules are not small
oldfags will also remember MIR, including deorbit.

99% of retarded questions like this would be answered if playing Kerbal Space Program would be made mandatory.

Though I feel like most of the retards trying to play that shit would fail at that.

>south atlantic anomaly
I've not heard of this problem.

I remember MIR.
The size of the ISS is slightly larger than a 747 not much. There's no way I should have been able to see that at night, but I did.
So it must be much much bigger than we are being told.

>How is it possible to dock the ISS?
Math, duh.

Attached: 6F90142C-AE03-4A44-AE35-1A95DE534B0A.gif (325x234, 1.77M)

>Play KSP, it showed me how incredibly hard it is to dock in space, but it can be done.
docking in KSP is simple af

the shill bots on this thread.

>j-j-just play KSP user it's real.

>how I could see it, despite it being relatively small?
Because it's illuminated by sun. If you're lucky, sometimes you can see the ISS flash for a split second three times as bright when it's crossing the Night/Day border. Also, when I was checking for the ISS, the station became visible while geographically being about 700-800 km away.

fpbp -- full stop.

>Because it's illuminated by sun.
It was night time user

You need exactly the same velocity vector. Impossible, space has no tracks and guided rockets are slow.

>not knowing how celestial bodies work relative to their position

If it was night time for me moron and the ISS was over head, I guess that means it was night time for the ISS too?

>I've not heard of this problem.
youtube it now, its similar to the hole in the ozone layer, but no one has heard about this one because its magnetic or something. ISS and other satalites have to avoid it incase it shorts out electronics.

the thing that gets me is when I see "satalites" going the wrong way.

and yes kerbal is astrophysics lite, it is a game, if it is your only introduction to astrophysics, stop replying now.

It’s in orbit, if the sun went down recently the station is high enough to still get sunlight.

try harder shill.
The ISS is fake.

Nope it was 11pm at night

>I can't understand basic math, vectoring, orbits and celestial dynamics relative to their position
>THE KNOWLEDGE IS HARAM AND WORKS OF THE DEVIL

I don't necessarily agree with this but they should be sterilized.

I wanted to reply to some of the posts here but I won't because it's like bathing in shit with pigs.

And I suggest you don't do it either logical anons

Attached: 1545738550018.jpg (693x726, 81K)

It's like throwing a dart and hitting a bullseye six thousand miles away.

are you going to bother using the same argument on me when ive been literally posting NASA astrophysics for the majority of the thread?
we have all seen the videos with the strings in zero G.

If the station was low on the horizon it would be getting sunlight

No it was night time at 11pm you fucking moron.
How can I see something (which I did) at 11pm at night that is slightly bigger than a 747????? And yet looked much larger?
Have you ever had an independent thought in your life??
I might be wrong, but at least I fucking think for myself, you brain dead NPC, 'repeater'.

Nigga you're in a fucking Cyprus, closer to Equator than I am, your nights are brighter than mine for longer because of that. Jesus fucking shit I never thought I'd be arguing with some nigger about how the Sun works. Bet you think that the night works like pic related too.

Attached: Night.jpg (1920x1080, 332K)

>If the station was low on the horizon it would be getting sunlight

I don't know.
It was just after 11pm in the UK, sometime in December.
But it looked much bigger than what I expected and I saw it easily with my naked eye.

Nigger I saw it in the UK, gay lord.

find the saus, win the internetz, that's not even their real suit

>celestial bodies
>work relative to their position
>work
How do celestial bodies work, user?

Attached: AA99AC8E-CBCD-4B3A-8F66-8A649033AADA.gif (400x374, 825K)

Nice try but it is.
Are you shills in damage control today or what??

No you don't think for yourself you dumb fucking monkey. It's not my fault that you don't understand simple math and physics, so you have to scart autistically screeching about things you simply do not understand.

Your brain “sees” things that are on the horizon bigger than if they are directly above you. That’s why the moon looks bigger when it’s low on the horizon vs over head.

which STS flight was it and is is classified?
I can probably find it pretty quick with that info, if the answer to question two is no.

Go build a station in KSP. Then build a small spacecraft, and take it up and dock with your station. Then you will know.

I do think for myself and I do understand Maths though,
>calculus,
>linear algerbra
>quadratic equations
>mandlebrot & julia sets

Next

But that's a false equivalency the moon is fucking massive -the ISS is NOT.

lasers/magnetic locks?

Oh look it's another KSP shill.

>satalites are generally spotted on the horizon
you have never looked up at night have you...

I know plus and minus..
so wot?

That’s not what a false equivalency is. Your brain will think anything is bigger if it’s lower.

Fpbp
Thread closed

>Atmospheric refraction
The light is scattered through large part of the atmosphere and at no time you will have pitch black for huge distances there will always be late evening or early morning close by where it's not pitch black
>When sphere is sufficiently large, it becomes plane for you
>When two objects in space are moving at the same speed, they are immobile to each other that's why they can dock
For the niggers, it's like Highway If you both move at 150 km/h you can lightly bump into the car in front of you moving at 149 km/h but you will trash somebody who is standing still if you rail them up in 150 km/h
>The Coriolis effect
For the fucks sake, I am surprised I have to explain this muh gun's burger about this, even I have to account for that when I am doing long range shooting.

Nowadays I can never tell whether people here are just shitposting or are dead serious with how retarded they are.

How can i facepalm if the earth keeps rotating?

It's simple, the ISS should not be as big as it was when I saw it at night.
Infact I should not have been able to see it given it is slightly bigger than a 747/
The ISS uses green screens, fade in channels, wires, scuba divers, bubbles in space, they are 100% faking shit up there.
If people here can't talk about this properly then you are all fake and gay.
Fuck off.

>That’s not what a false equivalency is.
Yes it is Mr VPN
You're saying the moon and the ISS look bigger, that's why we can see it.
Err...no the moon is MUCH bigger that's why I can see it.
End of conversation.
Moron.

>By also going 17150 mph
You’d never reach them that way
You’d actually have to go faster, then slower, then then slightly faster... nice try tho, dipshits

Attached: 39B20871-C09D-42D7-B008-CB336CFE704A.jpg (950x534, 123K)

Fuck you nigger KSP is top-tier comfy gaming

Jesus what a fucking subhuman,
THAT TREE 1KM AWAY IS MASSIVE BUT IT'S JUST AS BIG AS MY THUMB WHEN I COMPARE IT. SO MUST BE FAKE.

>The light is scattered through large part of the atmosphere and at no time you will have pitch black
No.
idiot.
I live near where planes and jets go over at altitudes of 10,000ft
You cannot see them in the day sometimes, let alone at night.
How the fuck could I see something the size of a 747 in fucking space?
Are you with me, or are you going to keep treating like I've got aids?

>you have to go faster
no thats how you fuck up. you have to go slower because it brings your orbit closer to the earth, making you reach a point of balance between your craft and the station faster, instead of reaching it at twice the speed 5 miles above it.

Oh look another KSP shill.

RARE

Do you really think I wanted to explain how orbital docking works in response to a meme post? No shit I know you need to slow down to speed up. I've played ksp too.

>It's simple, the ISS should not be as big as it was when I saw it at night.
Yeah, It's simple 10x10cm mirror shouldn't be this big when I reflect light at you with it from few km away.
>inb4 how can you reflect light at me from that far
angles you retard

Attached: 1551801848666.jpg (621x600, 66K)

It is, but its also spyware now.

No

>Yeah, It's simple 10x10cm mirror shouldn't be this big when I reflect light at you with it from few km away

So you're saying the light from the earth bounces off the panels, so I can see it? Ok, granted but why does it look at least 10times bigger than it is?

That analogy would work if you could steer a dart the whole way to the bullseye and make a new approach if you see that you're going to miss slightly.

how can someone be so retarded.