How do you look back at the early 2000s now?

How do you look back at the early 2000s now?

Attached: sum_41.jpg (640x634, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bmg_DtZ0Scw
youtube.com/watch?v=kZs88WWGDoo
youtube.com/watch?v=xaXKiyKwaOU
youtube.com/watch?v=Wd2aeZhu9xY
youtu.be/h00NaV9cJzE
archive.org/details/PbsFrontlineMerchantsOfCool
youtube.com/watch?v=bV-hSgL1R74
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fondly, for the most part.

Attached: mpv-shot0031.png (720x541, 380K)

Peak Canadian culture right there

The early 2000s sucked
Liberals were bitching constantly about Bush
Our culture had become algorithmic pop bullshit

90s was kino

I really wonder why we continue to let Canada dump their trash on our side of the border.

Music was trash ..shit started going down hill and picking up speed....pre 9/11 was pretty ok

i frequently put on sum 41, avril, good charlotte, andrew wk, etc... on when i have CAD or figures to do. feels invigorating.

conversely, dido really has an angelic voice

Look at these fucking nobgobblers working outta public toilets at truck stops.
GET A JOB YOU RENT BOY!

>How do you look back at the early 2000s now?
In disgust

>be midget that married and divorced Avril Levigne, succumbed to massive alcohol and drug addiction, body destroyed, burned through all money, and still comes out with a better life than any of you.

Winning.

Attached: BEBEB63B-E766-469B-BB4F-9C9BE16447D2.jpg (683x1024, 239K)

The 90s were better but the early 2000s was still a fuck load better than now.

Early 2000's had a similar vibe to the 90's despite 9/11

Are you talking pre 9/11? or post?
Pre 9/11 I just remember everyone being a lot more happy about life, people having what they needed and being content.
In terms of pop culture, I was mostly exposed to Spice Girls, Aqua, Brittany Spears, Eminem, Avril Lavigne, etc (against my will). I mainly remember playing the shit out of Ocarina of Time though. God I love that game so much.
You could really feel the anger after 9/11 though. Anger by the people that were truly pissed off, and anxiety by the people that had relatives serving in the military. People were constantly getting grilled about how American they were, people were boycotting french wine and other commodities from countries that didn't want to go to Iraq and such. Nobody was using the Internet except for nerds, and I really wish it was back to that time again. Around 2007 is when every normie under the sun started to get Facebook and Twitter.

>music was trash
>what is hybrid theory

STORMIN' THRU THE PARTY
LIKE MY NAME WAS EL NINO

It was already all over by then.
House was dying
Techno was flapping around like a fish in a bucket
It was the increasingly commercial nature of everything that turned me into even more of a cunt than I was back then. And the process continues
youtube.com/watch?v=Bmg_DtZ0Scw

AS A KID
WAS A SKID
NOBODY KNEW ME BY NAME

9/11 was a blip. Literally in the days leading up to it, all the news was about Anne Hecht being a lesbian. All the liberal scum crawled under their rocks for a few short months while Afghanistan started up, but were back and bigger than ever by Iraq.
It's been complete shit since and the country and culture leaned absolutely zero. All you have to do is count all the post9/11 muslim and mexican immigration.
This country has been a joke since the 60s for you youngins out there.

Born in 90, so a formative time for me

>Eminem, suddenly wiggers everywhere
>And I learned what gay people were after Lynn Cheney's repeated attacks on him
>very patriotic after 9/11, couldn't escape Lee Greenwood for years
>watching TRL, Blink 182 pop punk clones, Britney clones like Willa Ford, shit rap like Ja Rule and Nelly
>low time for movies, trash like Dude Where's My Car, American Pie sequels, and Not Another... movies
>Shrek and Smashmouth were huge for about 2 years
>letdown of Star Wars prequels
>reality TV started taking over after Survivor, was half of what was on by 2004
>BUT amazing time for video games, GTA, Halo, Call of Duty all found their footing and felt vital and new

It was a fun time to be leaving childhood and entering teenage years, despite 9/11 very safe and no major social anxieties. But a lot of the shit we see now was just starting to happen then.

daily reminder Gerald cucked Arnold into naming Arnold's field "Gerald's Field"

Attached: BwpZVgKCUAA9dpA.jpg (600x600, 38K)

> becomes another casualty of society

Attached: 1545263100173.jpg (573x550, 66K)

>letdown of Star Wars prequels
This. I recall Star Wars toys every damn where and kids going ape shit about the prequels. I was born in 94 so most kids my age had never seen the OG Trilogy and their first SW was either Phantom Menace or Clones.
>BUT amazing time for video games, GTA, Halo, Call of Duty all found their footing and felt vital and new
Yea it was an amazing time for gaming, there were so many what I like to call "AA" studios that weren't quite indie studios and weren't quite AAA studios either. There were so many games that tried out all these different things and between the PS2, Gamecube, and OG Xbox, you could find pretty much any type of game you could think of.

never thought i'd look back fondly on them

movies and music got real shit, that hasn't changed, they just lack character now

prepare for maximum 90s

youtube.com/watch?v=kZs88WWGDoo

Attached: IfONlyYouknew.jpg (615x409, 53K)

Crashed my own house party cuz no body came

youtube.com/watch?v=xaXKiyKwaOU
See you and raise a double bass

fixed

Attached: art.jpg (615x409, 160K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Wd2aeZhu9xY
>we can never go back

I miss it compared to the dumb culture we have now
Example
youtu.be/h00NaV9cJzE

wow user you have shit taste in early 2000s music

RIP Keith Flint

What language is this

Full of annoying white upper-middle class skaterfags like your op, I'm extremely pleased that Asians, Indians, and Nigerians are stealing their jobs and forcing them into opium overdoses

Had a joint with that cunt once. Ironically that party was called synagogue . Go figure

Modern day jigaboo English

heh

It was okay, I wasn't fond of most music but there were venues in most cities that had semi-popular bands for $15-30/ticket, which was pretty cool. The goth kid turned emo, the emo kids turned scene, the scene kids turned transgender.

I lived in Towson, MD and it wasn't as full of niggers. Now it is. That's my gripe.

Anyways the early 2000s were pretty cool.

2000's Britain was shit, sounded fun in America though.

flcl was dope, but we all dressed like shit.

> 90s

It was the beginning of the end.

Attached: 1542921852991.png (657x527, 30K)

>stile project
>steak and cheese
>slit finger
>newgrounds best days
>something awful
Early 2000s internet was great and wasn't mobile. Now (((social media))) has just fucked it all up.

>the internet used to be /our guy/
:(

this

Attached: butthead-fiction-textual-tees.jpg (640x640, 27K)

It was kind of a shitty time. Zoomers should watch this 2001 documentary about the pop culture "scene" of the era, and how it was being managed by marketing executives:

archive.org/details/PbsFrontlineMerchantsOfCool

Attached: 0107pbs[1].jpg (600x285, 142K)

holy shit he's actually in too deep

At least kool Keith spoke English variants

>reality TV

I forgot how big this craze was at one point

He’s really looking ftm here

i want to go back

I MISS IT PLEASE COME BACK I AM NOW A SUICIDAL ZOOMER!

SOMEBODY

Attached: 7C1AD104-FC36-490C-B9DB-129491D946A2.jpg (480x360, 14K)

Meth

youtube.com/watch?v=bV-hSgL1R74

Attached: 1551542365409.jpg (247x145, 9K)

shit, didn't even notice it at first. good job bruh

best time period ever

dodododooooododododooooooodododo.dodo

>How do you look back at the early 2000s now?
Oh man it was wild we'd stay up all night riding our BMZ bikes & listening to our 8 tracks, slicked back hair was popular then as was the soft shoe shuffle, Anus Presley had just hit it big on the wireless you see and what with the war just having started it really put a damper on things, which was great because it really gave us the freedom to do whatever we wanted, like go to see the latest Johnny Biffo movie or sneak down to the old quarry to scooby dip, back in those days the water wasn't as sticky as it is now on account of the magnetic poles still following the old metric system, you could buy a quart of fizzy sally for 5 cents, long gone those days long gone, young uns don't know how good they got it, things being so terrible now and all with the loss of buffer clouds or whatever, those used to stop the ultra violent sun ray spikes which seem to be playing havoc with the pineal glands, so they say, I'm not to up on the scientific terminology, we were too busy popping mud ballons & jiffing for apples to worry too much about those things, so, what was the question again ?

Attached: 648.png (412x351, 74K)

10/10

It was the last-time where American culture was still American. All American media does now is push black people and now everything is shit, what a coincidence.

#Those were the days#
Sneaky chlorine bombs, hungover multi kilometer walks to the nearest station, basically living in a group of guys you get fucked up with every weekend, sluts in miniskirts and cones in the park
#THOSE WERE THE DAYS#

Dragon ball z, yugioh, pokemon. Peak nickelodeon, disney channel and cartoon network shows. That’s the only thing worth remembering the 2000’s for.

this
specifically mid 90s
1994 was unironically the greatest time in human history

>ITT Old people with saggy skin

THE FUTURE IS NOW OLD MAN

HAHAHAHAH NEED HELO CROSSING THE STREET OLD TIMER?? HAHAHAHAHA

We're not old, you're just young

Attached: 1551965628470.jpg (500x496, 51K)

It was degenerate.

Whenever I see this thread the first thing that comes to my mind is
>SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

>THE FUTURE IS NOW OLD MAN
That scene from Malcolm in the Middle is hilarious.

Black Americans are American.

Lol. Post yfw you get knocked the fuck out by someone twice your age

>peak Nickelodeon

Uhhhh did your nigger family get their first television in the early 00s user? Disney made a few early 00s TV gems but not much.

Kindergarten was neat. Also I could buy like 3 cans of coke with just a dollar.

Muh middle eight and synth pads. There’s a reason they’ll be forgotten. Faggy pop.

KoRn

Best days of my life desu f𝓪m

peak nickelodeon was Pete & Pete mate

STRONG MAN

no they're not

That intro so good I miss those times

hybrid theory is trash. LP was part of the shit train, along with SOAD and disturbed

Also, learn to use the boards newfag

Nobody is forgetting them after 20 years faggot. They're still one of the most popular bands ever.

You probably listen to nigger tunes

"crawl-ing in my foreskinnnn, these wounds they willl not heayellllll."

t. genuine homosexual

They went gay after "breaking the habit"

Fpbp

jackass

Lol

Im a turboniggerhater but this is false desu

You cant call the american niggers, not american

They are completely unique

HEY SMILIN' STRANGE
YA LOOKIN' HAPPILY DERANGED

I miss them, but why did you have to post one of the worst bands of the era?

You're just saying that because you're typical Eurotrash who dislikes America and to you we're we're all the same regardless of race

That bad was fucking awful.

This.

((( Disturbed)))

You’re a nigger aren’t you?

Attached: 8735E9F7-FC0A-4BCF-BEE3-DB9F5E29AC5C.jpg (870x1024, 147K)

Good times.

Attached: Love-Metal-Deluxe-Re-Mastered-cover.jpg (1000x1000, 139K)

How does anything in my post imply I'm a nigger you insufferable chink?