What career is not a meme in Canada? (that isn't a trade)

>On the west coast, engineers make less than electricians and plumbers
>med school to become a doctor might be worth it but it's a long and arduous journey that might not pan out
>CS is kind of over saturated I guess?
>Not sure about accounting, consultants and bankers
>Not sure what biotech is like and bioinformatics
>Data scientist? Idk
>Not sure about pharmacists either

So Jow Forums what is the best major and path to get a career with:
>prestige and respectable (ex: lawyer, doctor...etc)
and
>high paying

I feel really confused atm and not sure what to do and don't want to be a minimum wagie forever

Attached: 1551159594268.jpg (640x1136, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

renaissancefest.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fuck bros is the only way to work with pajeets in a sweat shop making code for Shlomo?

Most jobs in Canada are shit, too much government and taxation. Best bet is to get a business degree of some sort and move out of this communist shit hole

Invent something people want

What do you like? And what are your skillsets?

physiotherapist here, its pretty redpilled. make 80k a year, regular hours that I can choose (I work 35 hours) no absurd wageslaving or hair-pulling stress doctors have to deal with. get to overlord over the receptionist/assistants and meet lots of qts with broken legs etc. also will get paid MORE to not work in metropolitan shitholes like vancouver. pretty based

>implying you have what it takes to achieve any of that

data science is fine, i'm in a similar position. finding work was hard.

This. A $70k salary will only leave you with $50k after taxes, let alone living expenses. Not the absolute worst, but still fucking ridiculous.
Anyway the strat is to just leave ASAP. This is a welfare state. Take money, training, and education and run where you can.

why are you still here?

you sound retarded
try Jiffy Lube

>CS is kind of over saturated I guess?
Yes but it's oversaturated with brainlets and pajeets if you learn to code halfway decent, you're better than most

What's the schooling like for phsio? Is it straight up doctor level medical training up to a point?

Leaf Gardener

Attached: 1551600495762.webm (640x640, 1.33M)

>west coast engineers make less than plumbers/electricians
Fucking looooool
Maybe in whatever shit hole you're from.

Because I'm tied by circumstance right now.
And I'm milking the system for gucci shit that I can't cop anywhere else.

Nice. I fucking HATE working in Vancouver. I used to have to commute there everyday for over a decade.

I started a business recently and we will not schedule any jobs in Vancouver. No staff want to drive there anymore. It's not worth it.

We just serve everywhere else and we're busy as fuck.

Tell me more about finance majors (MBA or MFin) in Vancouver and job prospects, but realistically, no LARPing.

Attached: america summed up in one picture.jpg (879x1024, 278K)

he means sanitation engineers like his mom's bf

Why do you care about prestige and money so much?

How do you have the audacity to grow a beard that big and remain lanky enough that a decent breeze could blow you away?

>high paying
No jobs in Canada are high paying. That's why doctors/nurses and engineers flee to the US on h1b visas

Canada is all about working the government gibs, since socialized everything you need to get into government insurance, government workers comp, gov hyrdo, gov accounting, government lawyers ect ect in order to have any kind of stability otherwise your job will just disappear.

Remember 75k/year in Canada is 55k USD then subtract at least 30% fed/provincial income taxes.

Attached: whathappened.jpg (288x325, 32K)

Is that the Renaissance fair in Minnesota? I weas there last summer
renaissancefest.com/
saw a lot of liberals and fags

Doggie Dick Sucker
Isn't that a big market in Canada?

There's no big war on at the moment. A citizen of majority age with decent high school marks and clean-ish police record can join military and collect decent pay and bennies.

There's a bunch of gigantic accounting outfits here (vancouver) and various tech outfits that want 'product managers' and whatever like any American city. You'll probably make enough to have a postage stamp sized condo, no car, and an asian wife because there's no white women here

CS is not over-saturated, everyone outside of the FAANG-size companies are starved for competent engineers. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.

You don't even need to have decent marks just score well on the test and you will be fine. Get a degree if you want to be an officer but that's it's own host of issues.

>Canada is all about working the government gibs, since socialized everything you need to get into government insurance, government workers comp, gov hyrdo, gov accounting, government lawyers ect ect in order to have any kind of stability otherwise your job will just disappear.
I wish this weren't true
are you a young person in Canada? Want to buy a house? Want a decent job? Hahaha, get an education and move to America. Canada is a work camp where the spoils go to gov workers.

Attached: PlzSthap.png (826x660, 770K)

>fell for the oilfield trades meme
>make only 55k/year

Trades are a meme unless you have connections to work at a plant somewhere, looks like the railroad is the only remaining option

Attached: 1403140218863.png (287x296, 46K)

weed makes you lazy

Pilot, ACSO, or AEC O. Those are pretty much only officer trades that are hands-on rather than managerial.

>>fell for the oilfield trades meme
>>make only 55k/year
How?
Because prices are low?
How the fuck are you only doing 55 if you're in the oilfields?

Any decent big size bank or international manufacturing company is always in need of qualified accountants, financial or business analysts, at least here. Due to personal reasons I am planning to move and settle in Canada, so I hope that this is the same trend over there as well.

That's why I say it's its own host of issues.
Canada trains officers, not enlisted, but they don't do a super good job at getting the two to relate and the nu army drives that wedge further

Lawyer is not bad. Couldnt find work after lawschool so just opened my own firm. Was making 6 figures a year later.

It is the same just you will be paid 40% less here, but on the other hand you don't have to pay for health care and other benefits which are out of pocket in the US of A.

KPMG is probably the biggest where you start out to network then you get into some kind of oil corporate office. You can also just work remotely for a US company out of Seattle with your MBa, tons of software companies up here like Github needs MBAs and whatever sell-it business dudes

Ugh I bet. Air Force is full of delicate flowers, but that's to be expected. Gotta be terrible getting into the killing arm and having to undergo all sorts of diversity, sensitivity, and tolerance training.

On the subject of wedge between O and E, RCAF is waaaay different from Army. In an aircrew situation a LCol Aircraft Commander may have to defer to a Cpl Flight Engineer's expertise. Flight safety is paramount, and the dickwaving is saved for once the plane's on the ground.

It ain't better in the US dipshit. You still get taxed a huge portion of your paycheck, as a matter of fact, not including state tax, you'll be paying 15k out of 70k in federal taxes at that bracket, with state taxes, it can go up to 18k when state taxes are included.

You're still pretty much in the same boat and yet have to cover your own healthcare expenses ($$$$$), if you have kids, you have to pay their tuition ($$$$) and so on. So stop complaining nigger, if you really hate it here, then move to the US.

Farmer/rancher.
Y'all got 0 fucking food. That's more important than any fucking trade dipshit.

Even brainlets can be doctors. You just have to be studious

mechanical engies make less than electricians in vancouver

>wearing a blacked hat

All white boys love BBC

You're either lucky or gifted. Job market for lawyers is pretty shit rn in Canada

Why would the US except a canadian worker over a US citizen with the same level of qualifications? Fuck

and move to where? The states aren't much better

I feel your pain OP. I finished university recently I’m really on the fucking ropes now. I didn’t even want to go to university but my family was convinced it was the way to go since I’d be the only one a university degree. I got a useless STEM degree and I’ll either get stuck working in a lab for minimum wage, or working a fast food job for minimum wage. It’s a joke. I’ve applied for a few federal/provincial government jobs, some in clerical and two in law enforcement/investigation. I’m hoping for the latter two to work out but in the mean time my family is getting real close to lynching me for being jobless right out university. As an aside, start looking at small towns and rural communities. Just get out of the city if you can.

Attached: 6EFB102B-8265-4D27-9FF1-2DD55A92E0C6.jpg (459x342, 27K)

Depends on the work. Family law (divorce/support/custody) and Personal Injury are always in demand. Breach of contract too.

It sucks. I'm interested in health, more specifically physiotherapy stuff but I'm afraid that the job market isn't looking too good for that and the demand for physiotherapists is just too little.

My family is kind of pressuring me to become a doctor but idk. I am studious but I'm not sure if 4 years of med school + 7 in residency s worth it. I could probably make more money in finance after a 2 year diploma

I heard the avg salary is around 70k for lawyers in Canada. Imo thats pretty shit for the amount of schooling required and the debt.

You can be self employed. You dont have to go get hired. You just start doing it. Run your own hours, own schedule, no boss, vacation when you want.

Freedom is priceless.

And if you catch a big personal injury case you can make $100k with very little work and not need to do shit the rest of the year if you dont want to.

True but you can't just start from there, right?

At least they don't eat the dog.

Become an English teacher. A BA only costs $40,000 CAD and you'll be raking in 2,500,000 JPY a YEAR before taxes amd living like an absolute boss.

I did, I had zero experience and learned as I went, first job out of law school was opening my own firm and taking cases.