Diversity

Evening Jow Forums
Today I engaged in a discussion with a friend regarding Affirmative Action and programs like that, and I took a stance against it, trying to use logic to show that it was unfairly giving certain groups an advantage, and being a strong supporter of meritocracies, I felt like it would lead to fewer capable and smart individuals making it to places where they are needed most.

He countered with a claim that Affirmative Action helps diversity, and quoted some stats showing that there was a raise in the percentage of minorities attending top-tier schools like Harvard and the likes. However, I dismantled his argument with a simple question - "Why is diversity good? What quantitative data do you have to support this claim?"

He couldn't muster up a response, but still found himself defending Affirmative Action, despite having his entire argument based on the premise that diversity is good.

Now, he couldn't come up with any correlations between diversity and success, but I was wondering if there are any studies or such that prove his point, or mine? Also, any arguments against/in favor of Affirmative Action?

Attached: 1534545906961.jpg (640x623, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/10/the-painful-truth-about-affirmative-action/263122/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

diversity is great
just not in israel

Attached: 1524910831769.png (400x558, 630K)

Cool blogpost bro. Did you tell him about the Jews? If not, why not?

>Blacks are separate
A good first step

Attached: Brokebackbrad.jpg (1912x1079, 167K)

can't reveal my powerlevel like that, risk getting outed as a anti-semite, and a bad goy, and with that new law about to get passed, it might be a literal crime.
sorry for making it like a blogpost, just wanted to provide context, but I see now it's unnecessary kek.

show them this

Attached: 1493893236137.png (949x1103, 920K)

I like this argument, how one must prove your Jewish heritage in order to be come a citizen of Israel, but is there a way to approach this angle without coming off as full 1488? As much as I know and wish I could spread on information about kikes, I will just be subjecting myself to ad hominem attacks and being labeled a nazi

Diversity is good for women because nigs and muds are easy to manipulate.

already have that saved in my folder known as "Jewish Shenanigans"

Attached: 1540998533805.png (463x518, 203K)

stop asking questions

Attached: 1402258252321.jpg (1280x960, 316K)

Attached: b4Pk9yv.gif (640x320, 1.91M)

Diversity is our strength...
The governments strength over a divided people.

this is one of the path's i try to go for, but I would like some statistical backing that shows a homogeneous society/setup is more successful than an alternative. I know it seems like common sense, but for the common NPC it is heresy

bump, still interested in any sources or arguments you guys have to provide

Studies get posted against that shit all of the time but the ones I have saved are all in my broken PC. You'd have better luck asking for sources during the day. Contrary to popular Eurotrash opinion, nighttime on Jow Forums is shit because there are way less Americans posting.

>Why is diversity good?
Because if we don't give the shitskins the jobs they want, they will just murder us for being wacist.

Attached: 1480900207761.png (618x685, 362K)

Diversty is a destroyer for community health and is a negative in every aspect except the one most pushed: food. pic related from study "Bowling Alone" by Dr Robert Putnam (a left-wing professor who tried to find other reasons as to why social cohesion was dropping and failed, leading him to eventually admitting that Diversity was the cause).

The study clearly showed that as a community becomes more diverse, the following happens:

>less willingness to donate time and money to Charity
>less willingness to vote or run in elections
>less willingness to work on community projects
>lower political efficacy
>lower confidence in local political and media sources
>lower expectations of other individuals within the community
>fewer friends
>lower levels of percieved happiness and lower percieved quality of life
>increased social isolation
And the most diverse community in America has it's residents trust their neighbours a full half as much as the most homogenous community.

A study done in the Netherlands on a similiar topic found identical results: diversity leads to a breakdown in community cohesion, social cohesion and damages the ability of the community to successfully resolve collective issues.

Attached: 3a797bee53d2d9d98c6ea99b46a14c8c5b36c3c7725ec9dc6b1db2b59aa5ac95.jpg (912x1200, 194K)

There was a study showing diversity made people less likely to vote or do community service, and more likely to distrust their neighbors. For case studies, you can compare the crime rates of america and brazil vs germany and chile

quit using the sperg flag newfag

Attached: 1437633218372.jpg (640x838, 65K)

thank you, saved the graph, and will look into the study u mentioned

kek, my sleep schedule is beyond fucked but I'll try to post a similar thread tomorrow during the daytime so I can get more opinions, thanks, I'll try and find some of those studies. a simple google search tends to lead to poorly written news articles/editorials, so it's a pain

Doublethink

see the post right above u, , i believe this is the study you are referring to.

Blacks have the lowest marks out of the races in top universities, and the most dropouts. It's because affirmative action gets them there, yet they are too stupid to actually do the course work.

>calls someone else a newfag
>engages in ad hominem
>doesn't realize that Jow Forums had flags before you were even out of diapers

Wait at least a year before posting again for the sake of everyone with eyes.

Attached: 1471820388412.png (429x410, 11K)

show us the flag spergboy

Attached: 1463574803424.jpg (587x534, 105K)

In 1995, during the Clinton adminstration, Mars replaced tan M&Ms with blue ones in an act of genocide. Industry scholars estimate the losses at 6,000,000 tan M&Ms. Straight-up melted. Zoomers will never know life before the tan extinction. I think the implications are clear.

Attached: d0dc30882bec33c63f4d0c384d4d7ad2.jpg (625x833, 66K)

Read the sticky newfag.

He won't change his mind until some useless roastie gets a promotion that belonged to him

you even r*ddit space
absolute untermensch

theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/10/the-painful-truth-about-affirmative-action/263122/
this supports your point, i found some scholarly articles but i forgot how to access it via my university's login, so this will have to do, thanks for the talking point.

never forget the 6 gorillion M&Ms lost in Chococaust

Attached: wrong_color.png (1080x637, 583K)

>no browns

Attached: laugh cat.jpg (450x450, 30K)