What is Jow Forums's opinion on dinosaur cloning (or creating) and how it might effect our world?

What is Jow Forums's opinion on dinosaur cloning (or creating) and how it might effect our world?

Do you think it would be...

...of benefit to humanity...
...too dangerous...
...or just stupid?

Please explain your view.

Personally, I think we could use dinosaurs as part of long term terraforming on other planets. Just think...hardy, delicious, giant turkeys for humans to devour. They could be engineered to survive in environments lesser animals would die in.

Attached: 2019-03-08 08.14.37.jpg (820x1024, 552K)

Anyone?

Imagine going dinosaur hunting. It would definitely be pretty cool

ONLY IF you chase it down with your own 2 feet and it snaps its own neck in the low hanging branches end chase..

what kind of pussified man would even consider shooting a DEENO? with a knife or arrow?
let alone a GUN?

they neever seen jurassic park?
better off buying an electric jeep on rails.

No, just go helicopter hunting like you do with wild boars and emus.

If we made africa jurrasic it would be a benefit, keep the population down.

I'm all for it. I see no problem whatsoever of having gigantic predatory carnivorous lizards running around

/thread

You have 60 million feral apes with easy access to firearms in your country. I don't think a few dinosaurs would be a significant danger to anyone

I actually very much enjoy mudkips. It is the best starter.

could these guys fly, or is the oxygen level in today's atmosphere not compatible?

cuz i wanna see one fly.

Attached: fuck that.jpg (1105x795, 146K)

I wonder if anyone would like their own T-Rex farm.

Flightless. Like giant chickens.

Cloning is not possible. Despite Mr. Crichton's clever hand-waving, there is no source of DNA. DNA degrades over time, and a butt-load of time has passed since the last non-bird dinos were around.

Recreating would be theoretically possible, to the extent that if you could master gene sequences and makes the animal you want, you could make an animal that was what you imagine a dinosaur was like. But it would not be a dinosaur, it would tell you nothing about what they were actually like -- it would be just what you already thought they were like.

As such, it would be no more nor less dangerous than creating any other creature you made up.

>Just think...hardy, delicious, giant turkeys for humans to devour. They could be engineered to survive in environments lesser animals would die in.

Have you read Steel Beach?

Attached: mudkips valentine.jpg (400x500, 38K)

>Helicopter
>"Hunting"
Choose one and one only

Chickens can fly.

use CRISPR and other gene editing on birds.

activate that vestigial dino DNA.

strays make the best dino hunters

You go hunt dinosaurs on foot, I'll pass

Sure, and you could get something more dinosaur-y than the bird you started with.

But not all of the dino DNA is going to still be there, you still have to muck about and make shit up. And then you have to decide when you are done, when it meets your definition of dinosaur closely enough to stop messing with it. This is an arbitrary choice, made according to what you imagine the dinos were like.

DO NOT insert that fucking frog DNA, they'll start changing sexes and escape from your island and Carnage Ensues.

How about I just won't hunt them

Attached: 15544324252342.jpg (598x415, 39K)

>But not all of the dino DNA is going to still be there

Also, if you somehow revert back to the bird ancestors, you get something about the size of a crow. Which would be cool, but not very Jurassic Park-ish.

Attached: 5.jpg (950x780, 124K)

Almost no dinosaur species would do well in our environment, there's nowhere near as much oxygen in the air (PPM) as there was when they were around. That's why animals evolved to become smaller.

>not wanting dino-barbeque and beer

As a food source it'd be great. I'd work on a bronto ranch.

Couldn't degraded DNA be repaired with sufficiently advanced technology?

Never read it. Is it good?

Attached: soon.jpg (3440x1429, 2.21M)

Dawwww. Adorable mudkip is adorable.

Barely. They're too fat to do more than jump really high and glide.

Nice.

Raptors hunting the nogs down, that would be amazing

Been to Hell. Was nice.

And they would live in pain, all deformed and full of cancer, just like their descendants, the jews.

This thread needs more mudkips. Possible T-kips.