Public Transport and Leftism

Why do Leftists love Public Transport?

archive.is/Q4Di3

Is it the idea of being able to control where the masses go while the Inner Party still gets to drive around in cars?
The whole premise of it being an environmental issue just seems like a ruse to get people to give control of their freedom of movement in exchange for the abstract “Greater Good”.
Also, I imagine the Public Transport would be free in this journalist’s ideal world. I imagine this would lead to some dirty and dangerous public transport unless very strict rules were enforced, which is impossible unless every bus would have a police officer or security guard of sorts on it.
Let’s also talk about non urban cores, which in big countries like the United States makes up far more than 3/4s of the country. What are they supposed to do if cars were no longer allowed? Public Transport can’t go to every house in the countryside. Biking over the long distances is impractical since it’s too slow and sometimes dangerous in extreme weather.

For me, Public Transport subsuming the private car is just silly. The individual gives up too much for gains he or she might not even see.
>freedom of movement
>privacy
>convenience

What I am trying to say is that environmental issues won’t be enough to convince people to abandon cars and embrace Public Transport.

Leftists, do you mind explaining your reasoning behind Public Transport subsuming the private car besides environmental issues (unless you can make a greater environmental case)?
Or maybe some other Leftist splinters can give reasons why they actually don’t mind private cars?

Can anyone give more reasons to resist Public Transport subsuming the private car?

Attached: E2B991AB-7F89-48FC-829F-68765C24F285.jpg (750x856, 313K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/environment/2009/apr/09/shipping-pollution
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1352231015001193
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induced_demand
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braess's_paradox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Public transit wouldn’t be bad if it wasn’t for low class niggers ruining it. Niggers ruin everything.

>freedom of movement
>privacy
>convenience
Leftism is a religion that places no value on any of that.

>Why do Leftists love Public Transport?

for the same reason they lofe immigrants. They sound like great ideas to people who never have to deal with them day to day

Well i work from home so i dont give a shit

the leftist dream of utopia

Attached: ch.jpg (710x507, 149K)

>Leftists, do you mind explaining your reasoning behind Public Transport subsuming the private car besides environmental issues (unless you can make a greater environmental case)?
I'll bite. It's just easy. If I want to go somewhere I just get on the bus and get off at the right stop. It's cheaper than the tax and fuel costs of owning a car. I honestly don't understand what you mean about giving up freedom of movement/privacy/convenience as it doesn't seem to impact them.

>I honestly don't understand what you mean about giving up freedom of movement/privacy/convenience as it doesn't seem to impact them.

what if you want to go somewhere the bus doesn't run? or when the buses aren't running? or you don't want to wait 20mins for it to turn up and then go on an unneccessaryily roundabout journey instead of simply driving door to door

Public transportation is fine here, burgers are just too stupid for it

Attached: 1551352059571.png (560x840, 249K)

If the route doesn't go exactly where I want just walk the extra distance, nothing wrong with a bit of exercise. I walk instead of getting the bus if it's a short distance anyway. If it's a long distance then I use a train.

>I honestly don't understand what you mean about giving up freedom of movement/privacy/convenience as it doesn't seem to impact them.

I think freedom of movement and convenience are probably the easiest to address.
Having lived in a city without a car during college, I can tell you that both those were limited while I relied on Public Transport.
If I wanted to visit someone or someplace that was not near a bus stop, I was in for at least 20 or 30 minute walk, not including the bus ride or rides.
The bus lines dictated where I could and could not go in a reasonable amount of time.
It’s a massive time waster whereas if I had a car, I could drive straight there and not worry about bus stops or bus lines.
Of course this doesn’t just go for buses, but all Public Transport.

It allows niggers easy access to white women

no. its niggers

leftism is for poor and/or mentally ill people
public transport is for poor and/or mentally ill people

seems like a natural fit to me

Attached: 1546222181282.jpg (1085x775, 510K)

BAN ASSAULT FAST TRANSIT

Attached: 2016_dodge_challenger_coupe_rt-scat-pack_fq_oem_1_1280.jpg (1280x853, 203K)

>honestly don't understand what you mean about giving up freedom of movement/privacy
Are you daft
>I want to go somewhere not near a bus stop and not be forced to be around niggers while I get there

>I need public transport but public transport is bad because there is not enough public transport

FUCK YOU YOU STUPID FUCKING RETARD NIGGER NPC KYS

You're country is 0.8% the size of ours

They don’t love public transportation, they love control and limiting your options.

>>I want to go somewhere not near a bus stop
I'm not American, I'm capable of walking a few minutes extra.
>>and not be forced to be around niggers while I get there
As I said, I'm not American.

>If the route doesn't go exactly where I want just walk the extra distance
Now imagine if your tiny country were suddenly 50 times bigger and "walking the extra distance" meant a 20 mile hike.

That's really the heart of it

>sorry user you can't visit that place anymore unless you are willing to walk 20km because we decided to change things around
The left unironically wants this

It's about control, not about saving the environment or public health. The 15 of the biggest ships emit more of the noxious oxides of nitrogen and sulphur than all the world's cars put together, and ocean-going vessels carry more than 90% of the world's trade. That's why these (((globalists))) don't attack big shipping.

Yeah sure, I'm just saying why I use it.

Why does Grug have a nicer spear then Crud? He is an oppressor and must be killed. Honestly I think the leftist utopia is human extinction. It's the only way to make everything perfectly fair and equal.

>I'm capable of walking a few minutes extra.
I started to rant about how retarded you are, but we could fit like 8 of your shitty island in Texas alone. Driving 200-300 miles is not at all a rare occurrence here

A jew, everytime.

"Britain and other European governments have been accused of underestimating the health risks from shipping pollution following research which shows that one giant container ship can emit almost the same amount of cancer and asthma-causing chemicals as 50m cars.

Confidential data from maritime industry insiders based on engine size and the quality of fuel typically used by ships and cars shows that just 15 of the world's biggest ships may now emit as much pollution as all the world's 760m cars. Low-grade ship bunker fuel (or fuel oil) has up to 2,000 times the sulphur content of diesel fuel used in US and European automobiles.

Pressure is mounting on the UN's International Maritime Organisation and the EU to tighten laws governing ship emissions following the decision by the US government last week to impose a strict 230-mile buffer zone along the entire US coast, a move that is expected to be followed by Canada.

The setting up of a low emission shipping zone follows US academic research which showed that pollution from the world's 90,000 cargo ships leads to 60,000 deaths a year and costs up to $330bn per year in health costs from lung and heart diseases. The US Environmental Protection Agency estimates the buffer zone, which could be in place by next year, will save more than 8,000 lives a year with new air quality standards cutting sulphur in fuel by 98%, particulate matter by 85% and nitrogen oxide emissions by 80%."

>theguardian.com/environment/2009/apr/09/shipping-pollution

Just electric boats, duh

Banning cars in urban areas would not stop people from driving cars, it would only boost the population of rural areas. So why not?

cont.

"The new study by the Danish government's environmental agency adds to this picture. It suggests that shipping emissions cost the Danish health service almost £5bn a year, mainly treating cancers and heart problems. A previous study estimated that 1,000 Danish people die prematurely each year because of shipping pollution. No comprehensive research has been carried out on the effects on UK coastal communities, but the number of deaths is expected to be much higher.

Europe, which has some of the busiest shipping lanes in the world, has dramatically cleaned up sulphur and nitrogen emissions from land-based transport in the past 20 years but has resisted imposing tight laws on the shipping industry, even though the technology exists to remove emissions. Cars driving 15,000km a year emit approximately 101 grammes of sulphur oxide gases (or SOx) in that time. The world's largest ships' diesel engines which typically operate for about 280 days a year generate roughly 5,200 tonnes of SOx.

The EU plans only two low-emission marine zones which should come into force in the English channel and Baltic sea after 2015. However, both are less stringent than the proposed US zone, and neither seeks to limit deadly particulate emissions.

Shipping emissions have escalated in the past 15 years as China has emerged as the world's manufacturing capital. A new breed of intercontinental container ship has been developed which is extremely cost-efficient. However, it uses diesel engines as powerful as land-based power stations but with the lowest quality fuel."

Its a fantastic method of centralized control.
An area is known to house dissidents? Make it harder for them to thrive by restricting transportation to and fro. You dom't need to remove anything. Simply not increasing frequency and/or adding units will choke the economic development of an entire zone, make it harder and pricer to live or work there.

What I am trying to say, rather than scream like a lunatic, is that private cars are much better than Public Transport.
I can drive out to the woods if I wanted to, a place no bus would take me.
It's also not an issue of too little Public Transport since adding more and more only exacerbates the problem of Convenience and Freedom of Movement.

Look, I'm all for environmental things, I really am, but I don't think the solution is more Public Transport, rather greener cars or cleaner gas cars.
But a great deal many people won't give up Convenience for the sake of environmentalism or the "Greater Good", it's just not realistic.

Agree we shoud also get rid of women and replace them with robot waifus while at it. What do you think Geoge Cuckestein???

Attached: a1113.jpg (346x346, 28K)

Public transport sucks ass. Who the fuck likes to sit in a vehicle with white trash, ghetto negroids and arabs fresh off the isis boat; not to mention their baby strollers that take up 3-4 seats so you now have to stand.

>it would only boost the population of rural areas. So why not?
Fuck off we're full

We need spear control now. Background checks, registration, and waiting periods for spears!

To be honest there is (or was) some drive on the left for locally-produced stuff (food mostly) but you won’t hear about this now

See, this is what I think it's about too.
Just more and more control over smaller and smaller facets of people's lives.

Or how about bringing our manufacturing base back to the US so we don't have to ship all this crap across the pacific?

Leftists love anything that reduces personal responsibility, even if it costs them considerably more and greatly inconveniences them.

That's fine too

Sounds like an article from someone in an urban bubble. Rural areas don't have the option of public transportation

Nigger people went around wherever they wanted to before cars
Cars are just useless metal compartments that make walking impossible
The human body was made for walking, not pressing a foot on a metal strip

>live in rural area
>have to walk cause cars/trucks outlawed
fuck you

Why can't you make it work on a state or city level? Is it because you are subhuman?

Attached: 1551825985792.png (476x401, 165K)

i agree with him
fuck cars.

live by your ideals george monboit.
get some rollerblades.

Yea, the eco movement was subverted by globalist kikes. There are some good people (on both the left and the right) that I see out volunteering to clean up rivers and lakes, but the "green" branding and politics are completely bullshit at this point.

The idea of having to use public transportation makes me want to throw myself into a volcano. However, I think there is a big problem with cars, not just the pollution but the traffic as well, so we need to figure out a different system.

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1352231015001193

If we can roll out self-driving cars that won't have to stop as much, it will help.

I like nice and clean trains, no gonna lie. They are a very comfortable way to get around.
Busses and trams in the inner city are more of a pain, but when I go over to a buddies place and have public transport till 2am, I'm not gonna take the car and risk losing my lixense over 2 beers.

They're collectivists, and public transport is a form of collectivism whereas cars are individualism. That's not to say that all public transport is bad, but when you see them supporting retarded pet projects like the california high speed rail, you know it's just to stroke their political egos

At least your niggers speak something that is somewhat like English

>city level?
Big cities do
>state level
because of the astronomical cost due to size you retard

I think I sort of understand your situation, Austrian.
You're country is very mountainous anyway, so the extra roads not used by Public Transport are probably small in number which would probably reduce the benefits of cars.

However, big countries like the United States don't have the same barriers as you.

>I'm not gonna take the car and risk losing my lixense over 2 beers.
>what is Uber

Public transport is for cucks. Cars are for real men. That's why all leftists shill against cars.

It's an attempt to centralize everything.

>you don't need 10 different car makers with dozens of models
>just take the one train we have for you

It's the same reason why they also want everyone to get paid through the state, either by working for them or by welfare. If there is only one channel to acquire what you need/want, they want to have the ability to shut out any dissenters quickly and easily. Communism has always been and will always be about the control of people. They may talk about it in rosy terms, but make no mistake that they simply want to control you.

Honestly, self driving cars seem like a great idea!
Traffic is giant problem for cars, but buses and other Public Transport that relies on using roads in general suffer from it too.
I would be behind self driving cars all the way as long as I could
>manually control when no route is apparent on the GPS, but in reality is very clear
>be completely free from local, state, or federal interference
>not have to worry about being constantly tracked by the company who made it

The self driving car companies of the future need to take a big stand against government trying to interfere with them or demanding back doors.

I only ever used über in the US and found the drivers all to be way too chatty. Like, shut the fuck up and drive.

>The self driving car companies of the future need to take a big stand against government trying to interfere with them or demanding back doors.
I mean Google seems to be leading that charge, so I wouldn't hold my breath

Braindead Brit, I have played Cities Skyline. It's simple. You just create more routes until every area of the city is served. Simple und gut. You Atrocious Anglo Motherraper

We're really friendly here. At least that's what I've been told by a bunch of foreigners. Apparently you foreigners also think it's fake friendliness. It's not.

Yea some are. Though not as bad as the NYC cabbies I had

I mean most corporations are pro-authoritarianism anyway.
I know it’s probably too much to ask for companies who take a stand against such things in the face of losing all that profit potential.

>be completely free from local, state, or federal interference
>not have to worry about being constantly tracked by the company who made it
These two are not possible. Unfortunately I don't thinking the tracking is ever going to go away, the data is just too valuable.

It is odd. Here people are generally nice face to face, but have no problem giving someone the bird on the highway where there is some level of anonymity. It's almost reverse over there

There's 2 different arguments:

* More public transportation for big cities and other high-density areas

* More high-speed rail for inter-city travel

IMO driving in city traffic all the time creates a lot of additional stress, and most people in cities would be happier if they could walk or use decent public transit to commute.

This was a huge part of Uber's popularity and why people want to see it reduce car ownership. Unfortunately it's actually had the opposite effect and contributed to congestion on roads.

It's a pretty well-established, but counterintuitive fact that adding or removing lanes to city streets has almost no long-term effect on traffic. This is because drivers will adjust their behavior in response to changes in capacity. This is why you see more talk about congestion pricing, bike paths, and lane reductions.

Because they hate doing anything themselves.
Because they hate personal responsibility.
Also pic related

Attached: taxing air.png (1024x1024, 1.07M)

He's right, fuck cars, shifty steel niggers

Good public transportation is better than driving a car. Cars should be for rural and suburban areas. Dense cities should be mainly public transportation.

gasoline powered cars are going to go away. Like it or not. Also the US is a capitalist society and consumers are starting to want electric cars. OPEC has been in bed with the car companies for years and has been actively shutting down the electric car, however car companies see the demand and that is the direction they are moving. Plus companies like Tesla are adding in driverless features, people want it, so we will get it.

This is why those issues need to be made constitutional issues.
There should be no reason that the government needs to be able to track each individual citizen.
"""""Security""""" is not a good reason since Liberty is much more important.

Of course the Patriot Act just throws all of this into the garbage.

Also remember that they can use public transportation dependence to limit what sort of goods you are allowed to own. Having to use public transit means anything they prohibit taking on the train/bus is effectively banned, even if you are technically allowed to purchase it.

Also, ironically, because of their privilege. They overwhelmingly live in cities where everything they could ever want is within walking distance. They have no idea what living outside of a city is like, and they don't care. That's how the yellow vests came about

Attached: sun.png (2000x2000, 1.28M)

It's the belief that the poor should not require an expensive means of transportation in order to work.

Retard Amerikan can not handle manual transmission, now they want self driving car also because they are lazy fat tubs of stinky lard. You utter swine

No you all were friendly, very actually.

>I think the leftist utopia is human extinction
>I think the leftist utopia is white human extinction
if you think it trough, yes that's exactly there end goal

For me, it doens't matter if the car is gasoline or green.
The important thing is that it remains a private car.

I would want an electric car when the technology gets to the point where the electric car is AT LEAST as cost efficient as a regular old gasoline car.

Better public transport would be ideal, but it has so many costs associated with it.

And it also transports many unsavory individuals to certain areas.

Your privilege is showing. I'd have to walk many miles to even have a hope of catching a bus. So would everybody else who doesn't live in a city.

Attached: europe feeds.png (664x700, 41K)

Becuase the inner party doesnt use it and the outer party is afraid to disagree.

>sperg noises
lol

I'd be fine if high density urban cores had more public transport, but people like this journalist want such things on a national scale which is just not possible.

Also, that's pretty interesting how adding/removing lanes in city streets doesn't affect traffic. I didn't know that!
Anywhere I can read more about this?

It'll do you good you obese fuck

It’s a getting
>raped-and-mugged-by-a-jobless-minority-on-the-subway-whilst-simultaneously-subsidizing-both-the-train-and-the-minority-with-my-tax-dollar
fetish I’m pretty sure.

Real sick and twisted shit brother.

Attached: 62C74817-B3EB-42DE-8C75-A59E522C4AEC.jpg (199x199, 20K)

More like flipping off a bad driver is the best way to convey a quick burst of anger in a small window of time. Face to face, things can be handled more reasonably.

Glad to hear. Unfortunately though, that's why the revolution won't start with us.

Much as I personally love public transport (it's cheap, and you can browse the Internet while you're getting to your destination), fuck anyone who thinks you shouldn't be allowed to have cars. There's a lot of places in this country where public transit is pretty impractical because everything is fucking spaced out and population density is low.

>says the american

Attached: Xemnas perturbed eyes.jpg (326x140, 12K)

what?

Attached: 858242_025.jpg (320x240, 48K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induced_demand
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braess's_paradox

thei plan is to force everyone into the stack and pack apartment buildings for $5000 / month where everything you do is taxed and monitored. you wont own anything and youll be renting a shitty bicycle everyday

Public transport currently is an absolute shambles and I will give up my car when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

i live in the bush and drive a truck. not even the most strident leftist / environmentalist can make a case for public transit out here.

why is Jow Forums still living the urban "lifestyle"?

>Big cities do
I really have to argue with you there, public transport in American cities is a laughable joke and barely functional. It's nowhere near the level of Europe.

America is about the same size as Europe, so how come the developed areas of Europe have these extensive public transport networks but the developed areas of America do not, especially since America is richer? Are you going to argue with me that having 30 national governments is more efficient than having state governments?

Public transport benefits everyone. It makes getting around much easier, solves horrendous commutes, saves money for the average person, society at large, and the government as well. It also can save lives, especially given the road fatalities in America.

The fact America doesn't have properly functioning public transport is a tremendous failing

Attached: Freedom.webm (720x480, 2.86M)

>will give up my car when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Attached: 1307482914909.jpg (500x300, 27K)

Hate George Monbiot!
This guy is basically an eco-fascist.
Said "we're doomed" about 15 years ago.
Said eating meat was bad for environment, then recanted when proved wrong.
Wants "rewilding" (basically dangerous predators to come and eat your children.
Agenda 21, through and through

They don't love public transport or se.

The Left lives to control people. The automobile is freedom and independence. Public transport limits where you can go and when you can go. It requires you to support the government in order to maintain the system and improve it just so you have some mobility.