God

can anyone logically and philosophically prove gods existence with 100% certainty and without literally exploding with insults and anger?

Attached: tfw too smart.jpg (680x490, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xBmAKCvWl74
knowledgebase.ctmu.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Langan_CTMU_0929021-1.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

All their arguments are like this pepe

Attached: pepe universe god.jpg (960x1540, 245K)

youtube.com/watch?v=xBmAKCvWl74

Thomas Aquinas

CTMU (Cognitive - Theoritical Model of the Universe)
Have fun.

Consciousness, and being aware of your own being’s suffering.

No. He only talks to bronze age people. Maybe when Africa gets to that level he'll show up there

Yes, as long as we have a good definition of god. If I define god as the unifying concept by which all wise and fruitful behaviours necessary to maintaining a thriving society are understood, then god certainly exists.

If I define god as an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient being who cares about human behaviours in a person and vindictive way, then I am a retard.

No. The whole point about believing in God is faith. You have to have faith he's real. It's mind-numbing bullshit.

I want someone to explain the Great Flood to me.

So the Bible provides a list of geneologies and historical events that allow us to get the date of various things described in it. That's how we get the 6000 year old Earth theory.

Well you can also date the Great Flood by similar methods (more accurate too since it's closer to the present), when you do this you get about 2300 BC as the date of the Flood, plus or minus 10 years.

Now, consider that that this would place the Flood right in the middle of the Bronze age, during the height of the Akkadian Empire which at the time was ruled by Sargon of Akkad (ruled from 2334–2284 BC). We have numerous written records and archaeological sources from this time period, we know they used the Eastern Semitic language with cuneiform script.

Just a few hundred years before, the Great Pyramids of Giza were built (it took 85 years between 2589 and 2504 BC). We also have historical records for a clear line of succession of Pharaohs from 2600 BC all the way to 1700 BC with other pyramids and monuments being constructed continuously during this time period.

Now if we take the Christians at their word and assume that each of Noah's descendants had 5 children (big assumption), it would take 225 years just to reach 2 million people. And presumably shortly after this time period different races developed, and different languages, customs and religions (which would take a lot of time)

But how is it possible that after being wiped out, Egyptians reappeared with their language and culture totally intact? Or are we forced to completely fuck with our historical timeline to place the Egyptian civilization from beginning around 3000 BC. to beginning around 2000 BC? That's a thousand years unaccounted for now, and we have tablets, records, and calendars that make such an assumption impossible (you can't just take 1000 years out of your timeline!!).

None of this makes any sense to a rational person. How can anyone still believe the Bible?

Attached: 1523938174859.gif (468x236, 758K)

Attached: fedoras.webm (500x281, 2.7M)

OP here
no one has yet to give me a sound logical or philosophical reasoning for the existence of a god, only links.
> try harder christ fags

Which definition of God?

by that standard, we can change all definitions to make anything seem like they exist but that doesn't reflect the reality of this world.

Quantum physics says anything is possible mathematically, endless possibilities, etc. Therefore the existence of a God is a mathematical certainty.

DNA

Attached: feser-aristotle-unactualized-actualizer.png (640x691, 203K)

This.

Not sure if it proves a god entity. However when I was driving two nights ago I got a large floater in my vision and I recognized it as the Japanese 'ふ' that translates to 'wing'
I had no clue what it meant until I saw all this Ash Wednesday thing with the crosses on the forehead, something I've never seen or heard about in my entire life. Following chaos theory with the butterfly effect it makes sense to think that I was warned about the flap of a butterfly's wing before the change that rocked my world. I've switched timelines, this one scares me.

You’re not making my buy your book, Chris

That doesn't prove anything except the fact that you're concious. Try again.

math is an invented concept: By that logic it is certain that somewhere is some reality that I am god.

The flood is a story of an actual global extinction event seen by many people that didn't know how to interpret it other than "God did this."

are aliens real?

Attached: 1547067510294.png (657x539, 110K)

Exactly. Ancient people, while smart, were pretty unaware of what was actually going on. Or maybe they did, and religion is just a means to control the masses.

The chief of the alien giants race that created us, Jupiter/Yahwe wanted to get rid of us because he saw his creation as a failed experiment

your logic is this.
> if something that exists, exists. then it must exist.
please don't post rambling non-circular reasoning please.

you're making something out of nothing. sorry bud

But this disproves the Bible as the "absolute unchanging word of God", since the story is impossible

So as a Christian you are now in a difficult place. You have to somehow accept the Bible is wrong about a lot of things (which means you pick and choose which things to believe and interpret), or you have to reject the Bible entirely and rest your religion on some vague spiritual sense.

It doesn't work anymore because this religion is fundamentally based on this book, if the book is discredited the religion goes with it

Attached: Youmu.jpg (708x1000, 677K)

Math isnt invented it's discovered. 1+1=2 isn't something you can invent that's how it works no matter where you are. Also if you subscribe to the idea that you are made of the same matter as the universe then yes you very we'll could be God. If multiple realities exist then yes there could be one where everyone is a God.

that doesn't prove the existence of god, only self replicating molecules of chemistry. also, just because we don't have an answer or don't know how something happened doesn't mean there is a god. Thats called the god of the gaps fallacy.

This

Retarded mutts struggling to grasp philosophy.

Lol

I'm not a Christian I'm telling you what's up with the flood mate. On that note all religions have good and bad parts too them so while I don't subscribe to a certain one I do enjoy learning from them. I just finished the bhagavad gita yesterday.

Only very basic math can be explained that way. Delve into any higher math at all and you'll see that it's all mental crutches to relay concepts beyond our understanding to the human mind. Literally just made up shit

Dumb ass video with comments disabled

The Ontological Argument has been refuted many times.

Why don't you put your time into something realistic like actual philosophy or something platonic.

If you found a computer, would that prove the existence of someone that made the computer? Or maybe you believe that given enough time the copper, steel, plastic, silicon, gold, etc would just happen to arrange itself into a computer that could operate programs?

Human models would never be able to explain a phenomenon on the scale of God. We literally cannot perceive the existence of such a being unless it makes itself know to us willingly.

>lol hurr durr retards
>has nothing of value to contribute
Really makes you think

Zoroastrianism is the only true religion.

Logic is limited to the provable and the empirically testable.
However this is not the total set of reality.
Therefore there are things to which logic does not apply.

watchmakers fallacy lol

so you're conceding that he doesn't exist

Yes.
Can anyone logically and philosophically deny God's existence with 100% certainty and without literally exploding into nihilistic fits of suicide?
No.

Attached: st-thomas-aquinas-icon-428.jpg (356x450, 53K)

Take a sheet of paper. Divide it in two columns, one labeled [Rational] and the other [Irrational].

On the Rational side of the page:
[ √ ] Facts
[ √ ] Evidence
[ √ ] Logic and Reason
[ √ ] Scientific method

On the Irrational side of the page:
[ √ ] Fairy tales
[ √ ] Superstitions
[ √ ] Fantasies
[ √ ] Religions
[ √ ] Delusions
[ √ ] Hallucinations
[ √ ] Myths
[ √ ] Legends
[ √ ] Lies
[ √ ] Lore
[ √ ] Fiction
[ √ ] Religions

Now let that sink in for a minute.

so if not logical, then logical?

You're not giving an argument, only assumptions and statements.

Yes
Many philosophers have argued for God's existence using logic and reason
Unfortunately they are not known or studied by Harris and Dawkins fanboys

I did. Your barbaric brain flew over it.

>endless possibilities
Literally saying, the only way gods are even a possibility is if the "possibilities are endless" and "anything is possible".

saying yes doesn't prove your point lol.

but fiction and stories can enrich our experience of the rational world

For example, the tale of King Arthur has inspired millions and shaped culture.
It isn't true, but it exists in our minds

Of course the major difference between fiction and religion is that you don't have people being threatened with eternal torture if they don't take every word of this fictional story literally. So you basically have fictional stories that you have to twist your mind into believing as fact

>atheists think explaining how the watch was built disproves that it was built
Lmao

Not in the slightest. I'm saying human rationality will never be able to explain the phenomenon. We have only 5 (6 if you ask /x/) senses and have to be practical to survive on this planet. Our brains are nothing but filters trying to comprehend reality. So no, there is no way to prove "the existence of god" from a human perspective but i choose to believe regardless knowing how limited our sensory range is.

what was it then, explain it too us "retarded mutts" please.

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Calculus wasn't invented by Newton he discovered it, they are constants thats what holds it together.
I've read the Republic, Timaeus and obviously the cave. I dont think his philosophy is any more important than say Lao Tzu

I doubt any solid evidence exists to prove or disprove. But lack of evidence leans towards disproving since the burden of proof rests on the faithful.

>Yes

>Doesn't give any proof

okay, so now you're admitting to blind faith. congrats you're a gullible idiot.

knowledgebase.ctmu.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Langan_CTMU_0929021-1.pdf

Attached: 167.png (863x366, 63K)

Based firebender

Scroll up.

Attached: db0.jpg (349x642, 29K)

>and without literally exploding with insults and anger?
What did user mean by this?

>Many philosophers have argued for God's existence using logic and reason
Many philosophers have rationalized the existence of gods using logical fallcies and irrational premises.

Can you actually read a book instead of asking random people on the Internet to make important life choices for you?

The Bible.

If you have trouble with it, Chuck Missler's Cosmic Codes thoroughly proves the validity of God and His Word.

Missler's Learn the Bible in 24 Hours (book or YouTube) can help you get started from there.

Attached: image.jpg (1583x2048, 415K)

>but fiction and stories can enrich our experience of the rational world
True. I like scaring the children at bedtime with such stories.

Literally quoting what theoretical physicists say is true go figure.

> constants
What? Calculus is a technique on how to measure uneven surfaces. It's still only an approximation and can never give you the exact result

energy can neither be created nor destroyed; energy can only be transferred or changed from one form to another

idiocy is a description, if someone falls into that description then by definition they are an idiot.

Saint Thomas Aquinas was, in my opinion, one of the few men who actually could provide logical and philosophical explanations for God's existence. Which is why I attached his picture to my post, because that was my answer to this thread question...

Attached: 1549369609103.jpg (289x174, 11K)

Theres nothing more laughable and pathetic than atheists.

>uses the bible to prove the bible
> "yeah I eat paste"

God is a higher dimensional entity, the Earth is a super computer otherwise known as Hell, temptation corruption and power will be thrown your way throughout your life, and when you walk into the light, if you resist temptation and follow the word of the lord, your faith will be rewarded

Can you prove no God at all?

FUCK YOU NANCY PANTS, ASSHOLES ARE PEOPLE TOO. #ASSLIFE

> atheists want a good logical framework to base our perception of reality on
> considered pathetic
well i consider you to be a gullible follower.
>whats your point???

I can't prove a negative.
can you prove thor isn't real?

What do you mean by "God"? Abrahamic bullshit?

Obviously that shit is not fucking true. Some Middle Eastern towelheads made that shit up.

The existence of a higher power is an interesting philosophical question.... not "God". That mass-murdering anti-human piece of shit Yahweh. Fuck that cartoon character villain. He doesn't fucking exist.

So you are saying that somehow you have unlocked the ability to see past your 5 senses and are not taking it on blind faith that God doesn't exist? I'm not even talking about a biblical God, just a creator that people have tried to describe through numerous books throughout the ages and mostly failed at describing imo.

>Can you prove no God at all?
No need. Theists never prove their gods exist, they leave us with nothing to disprove. And it's been that way for the past 3000 gods.

you can’t probe the existence of god because god itself is a contradiction to everything we know so, if there’s actually a god, we’re not even close to know it
but, if you think just a little you’ll know that god is something based on FAITH not in REASON, maybe we don’t find an answer not because we’re not ready, but because there isn’t one. god is just literature.

Attached: 1BCBC367-8EAE-49C9-93D2-C852709AA173.jpg (232x197, 38K)

Attached: Chris Langan's answer to Do atheists solely rely on logic - Quora.png (703x761, 109K)

this

Uh, Saint Thomas Aquinas?

Attached: 1550681241091.jpg (400x400, 45K)

Why do seething people always pretend they are laughing?

Attached: Thisiswhatchristcucksactuallybelieve.gif (1576x9930, 1.72M)

Not concrete evidence but it's the truth nonetheless.

You can neither prove nor disprove the existence of God.

/thread

Attached: 53.png (779x982, 115K)

>can anyone logically and philosophically prove gods existence with 100% certainty and without literally exploding with insults and anger?

i can logically and philosophically use deceptive techniques to inject doubt into absolutely any statement about reality that you might wish to pose

Attached: Chris Langan's answer to What important part of you was unlocked after becoming an atheist - Qu (703x958, 169K)

>Saint Thomas Aquinas?

>the past 3000 gods.
this is one of the most stupid things i have to read from internet atheists, absolutely no conception that metaphysics might be a branch of human thought that evolves like all others

Attached: Chris Langan's answer to What is the evidence in support of atheism - Quora.png (768x658, 115K)

give an example

sage

The philosophy is simple: William James wrote that if no determination can be made, it is appropriate and scientific to explore the other position, to avoid biasing oneself against the absurd alternative, in an argument that, by definition a conclusion to either side would be absurd and unsupported.

At that point; we simply exist in parallel; and then we can move on to practical questions, like "Is the belief in the divine or a fiction thereof a useful moral construct?"

Attached: Chris Langan's answer to Is Atheism as indefensible a position as believing in God is, from a p (701x1264, 224K)