America is a first-world countr-

>America is a first-world countr-

Attached: y8ztrpze8wk21.jpg (640x364, 51K)

Why don’t they just include a service charge in the asking price?

>Did you know the minimum wage is required by law?

>I don't tip

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

>entry level jobs mainly done by kids and people who didn't bother to prepare for their future
It's a lefty delusion that jobs like this are supposed to support a home and family. These are the types of jobs you have in your late teens and early twenties while sharing an apartment with several roommates.

Then people will leave the restaurant and say, "Wow, this place is way too expensive. We won't be back."

It's still a demanding 9-5 job, why shouldn't that be enough to support a family?

Tip employees are paid like $4 an hour in many states

The minimum wage is still required by law.

Not for tipped employees

If I go outside at 9 AM and dig ditches in my yard until 5, should I be able to support a family?

If the tips + wages don't add up to at least minimum wage, the employer is legally required to make up the difference.

>If I drive a truck from 9am to 5pm, should I be able to support a family?
>If I cook from 9am to 5pm, should I be able to support a family?
>If I paint walls from 9am to 5pm, should I be able to support a family?
>If I bake bread from 9am to 5pm, should I be able to support a family?

If someone is willing to pay you that much, sure. But that labor isn't necessarily worth that much.

and if they don’t Make enough in tips they get paid minimum wage.

Correct and topping can go away, it has no basis in our society.

Trickle down economics at its finest.

not when tens of millions of illegal brown people are in your country competing with you, that's for sure

If you don't tip, you're a nigger.

Attached: 1491544961467.jpg (255x255, 19K)

typical conservatard strawman

Tipping is unironically awesome and if everybody did it for more and more things then eventually as long as you were a generally good and helpful person you would always have enough to eat.

That said, employers shouldn't use tips to foot the bill.

I deliver Chinese food and get $8 an hour base with 4-6 deliveries per hour averaging $5 per delivery by end of night

Basically I make $30 an hour to deliver Chinese food

true, how else will goldstein afford his seventh house

>But that labor isn't necessarily worth that much.
Why do I have to share a country with retards like this
Trucking is an incredibly important job, for one
They're the lifeline of our country

spotted the restaurant worker

Tips motivate good service

And it also is very easy to get someone who can drive a truck. Ergo, there is a lot of demand for truckers but also a lot of supply, ergo the labor isn't worth that much.

Fact: If people tipped others for being helpful then in theory it wouldn't matter how much you tip people because if you're a good person you'll just be getting tipped yourself and the cycle of a good society is born

But they always lie about how much tips they get so they're screwing over the system. There is a reason we haven't gotten rid of the tipping system. The servers at the tip (expensive steak and sushi restaurants/bars) make a killing in tips when they do pretty much the exact same thing as lower end restaurants. Is it any more work bringing a $200 steak to a table than a $4 burger? Obviously the high end restaurants demand more history of excellent service and experience. But why should we tip based on the bill? Let's get rid of the tipping system. Look at who wants the tipping system to stay. Servers who make a killing they don't deserve, restaurants that want customers to pay but not them at the mid and lower level establishments. With this recession, people are moving away from sit down restaurants when they can just pick up food from takeaway and fast food restaurants and eat at home. Applebees, Olive Garden and all these middle class restaurants are struggling and dying. Hopefully they all go away and the tipping system will only be in high end restaurants. If waiters suck, they should be fired.

Lol bet you're mad I make 6k a month doing something a highschooler can do while stoned off his ass

I’m trying to break the habit. Any tips? I usually break when I’m in public. I don’t want to have the conversation.

Actually it’s much more difficult to find a trucker than a server.

And that's why truckers get paid more.

>Meanwhile in the rest of the world

Attached: toilet-signs.jpg (615x409, 25K)

Imagine seeing this and still eating there.

Local driver here. I pull 50k in my area. That’s pretty decent cuz CoL is low here. I bank about 1200 a month after bills and I’m not even frugal about it. Life’s good. Oh I’m also home every night lol. Fuck servers I don’t tip those retard low iq fuck wits

If you are a guy and work only 8 hours a day you are useless, especially if you get back from work and decide its time to relax because you had a long day of work. I work 8 hours BEFORE lunch break. Then I work until 6pm. After work I don't consider my work complete for the day, usually finding at least something productive to do around the yard.

If that's a real place, it needs to be burned to the ground.