Raise the minimum wage

riddle me this

>basic bitch ass rents cost $1500 for a basic studio apartment in my state
>making 15% above minimum wage only covers the rent. nothing else. you can't afford to live on your own making this much

I did research of the minimum wage and average cost of rent in 1980 for my state. my dad was able to due the following things making 15% above the minimum wage
>afford a one-bedroom rent
>have 1/4 left over for bills and food
>put some of it into savings

You old fucks had the best economy in the world. now we have the working the poor because minimum wage didn't stay in-line with inflation. fuck this fucking economy right it's fat bloated asshole

I'M SICK OF BEING THE WORKING POOR. NOT EVERYONE IS CAPABLE OF MAKING $50K A YEAR. WHAT ABOUT THE POOR WORKING MAN.

WHY IS MY 40 HOURS A WEEK IN 2019 WORTH LESS THAN 40 HOURS A WEEK IN 1980?????

RAISE THE MINIMUM WAGE YOU FUCKS

Attached: pepe in hell.jpg (500x500, 78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-minimum-wage-chart.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so move

this is not an acceptable answer.

What's your profession?

Just learn coding shit, it's the new master race. I work 2-3 hours a day, from home, and I'm able to afford everything.

I have an associates degree in small business management but have experience in retail management. also some small business management but less than a year

target, wal-mart, best buy wont hire me as a supervisor. I'm 25 I can handle disciplining with snot-nosed dickhead 17 year old coworkers. what the fuck. they keep offering me shitty ass cashier positions for like 50 cents above minimum wage. the grocery chains are a little better but $12 an hour for assistant manager is fucking bullshit

Get a roommate or a better job, Tyrone.

it's annoying having experience and a nice work history and I STILL can't afford living on my own even making 2-3 dollars above minimum

yet my parents generation could survive doing that

THE JEW OVERLORD HAS FIGURED OUT HOW MUCH YOU WILL ACCEPT TO KEEP YOU ON HIS GOY TREADMILL.

Attached: 1_WXqGASFvFZ6eZ8TzBmjDow.jpg (524x454, 15K)

> Get paid 115% the minimum wage
> Can barely afford a place to live
> Raise minimum wage by 15%
> Now OP gains minimum wage
> Prices increase as minimum wagers spend more.

It's like you don't understand the difference between money and wealth.

Nobody makes minimum wage.

the point is making 15% above it could afford you a studio apartment in 1980. right now it cant

it's extremely low right now

That’s not a profession

Blame the demoncrats you dumbass

raising it does nothing but make me send more tax dollars to israel and sheboon niggresses with 14 kids from 39 baby daddys

What state?
What is that states minimum wage?
Are you in a major city?
Typically you are required to work at least a year before you can get any kind of managerial position. This is so you can understand the ins and outs of the positions you will be overseeing.

and yet I'm capable of filling roles that society needs to be fulfilled. stores need managers. stores need to be run. society says we need these jobs but we aren't going to pay the people working them living wages

1500 for basic studio apartment? Do you live in Manhattan?
I can get a studio in a fancy doorman building smack in the middle of the upper west side for that much. Where do you live?

Raising the min wage wouldn't solve any problems. Your wage is determined by supply and demand, and any attempt to alter this causes economic inefficiencies.

As for why your dad could do it while you can't, it's because of technology. Technology destroyed alot of low wage jobs while creating demand for high wage jobs.

Some jobs are heavily based on education while others are more about experience and soft skills. Management is the latter. Rather than show your education, you need to show what you got done with your short-term management job.

The solution is still not raising the minimum wage, which would make you relatively poorer. If you want people to be wealthier, they have to produce more, so as to reduce prices and increase purchasing power.

Cut gibs (as obamacare), dissuade young people from getting degrees in stupid shit, find ways to reduce expenses (move to conservative state) and increase your own income.

Heck, learn to code, work from home, set home where the fuck you want.

Landscaping jobs typically pay $15-20 depending on the type of work.

The reason rent is so much higher than minimum wage in your area is because the industry in your area is drawing a disproportionately large cashflow from outside your local economy. This allows people to locate themselves at a greater distance from the source of their income.

Since some people have no reason to live near the source of their income, some areas become more densely populated causing a higher demand for housing than the labor market of the local economy could otherwise support financially. This distortion ultimately leads to wealth segregation and a clear difference in the living arrangements between the wealthy and the non wealthy.

>my state
Then do it in your city.

>WHY IS MY 40 HOURS A WEEK IN 2019 WORTH LESS THAN 40 HOURS A WEEK IN 1980?????

Because of the federal reserve. If you do t fix that you will never change anything.

>$1500
>in my state
Pretty sure you meant to say city.

is right, where the fuck do you live?
In the two big cities in my state I'm seeing plenty of less expensive apartments for $800ish, and in the small city I'm living in there's a half dozen hovering around $650.
If you're really in such a shitty situation you might just have to bite the bullet and get a new apartment somewhere reasonably affordable.

Attached: Hold the fuck up.jpg (400x400, 74K)

what do you code for 2-3 hours a day to pay the bills? are you a hacking extraordinaire and just spend a couple hours a day to get a $300 bug bounty on hackerone.com?

Also, things change. Sometimes, it's awesome like the internet. Sometimes it is stupid like society subsidizing personal retarded mistakes.

> I'd like to thank my childran ruuueal daddy. Thank you government for PUTTING ME ON!

that feel when your mortgage for your home on 10 acres is cheaper than some loser's rent.

Nope, I just work on a stupid website for a hotel network company. It doesn't pay A LOT, but it's enough to pay for rent, food, some autism and also help out my sister.

You are probably doing something that doesn't take very much skill at all, and you probably didn't go to college. keep blaming everyone but yourself tho.

> Soft skill
Management is 90%+ nepotism and brown-nosing.

Is the company Russian?

Those are soft skills though.

>WHY IS MY 40 HOURS A WEEK IN 2019 WORTH LESS THAN 40 HOURS A WEEK IN 1980?????
definitely has nothing to do with importing tons of 3rd worlders to do work for less money, senpai

You can complain when your rent costs $500-700 a week like my state.

Why would you work a job making minimum wage?

The easiest job for LITERALLY ANYONE to pick up is flipping on eBay. Be your own boss.
Only requires a smartphone, some common sense, boxes and packing material (found at recycling bins).

>Go to thrift stores, estate sales, auctions. >Look up the merchandise on eBay, filter by Completed Listings, see what item is selling for.
>Buy item if it is selling on ebay for more than they are selling it for.
>Profit

Currently making $1-2000 a week doing this. Easy as shit, anyone can do it.

>2019
>people still dont understand the purpose of minimum wage
>people think minimum wage shouldnt be enough money to live

Missouri here. some places rent $350/month

>be poor
>live in ghetto
What's the problem?

Yeah. I do realize I could make more money working for foreigners, but as long as this job leaves me a lot of free time I'm okay with it as it is.

Minimum wage when it was established was .25 cents. A quarter, which would be 4 dollars in 2012. The problem isn't minimum wage, it's the housing market. Supply and demand and overpopulation. You can get an apartment for 700. Hell you can get a house for 850 a month... just not in nice areas, because the demand is lower to live there so they can't charge as much.

Minimum wage was established in 1938 and magically like clockwork inflation took off from 1940 onward... then reallllly jumped and took off from 1970 on.

They don't have any starter money to do it. Can't really shell out 1200 bucks to buy merchandise to flip if their checks are 600 bucks every weeks.

>HY IS MY 40 HOURS A WEEK IN 2019 WORTH LESS THAN 40 HOURS A WEEK IN 1980?????
because of Trump " economy is doing good, we need immigration is the largest numbers ever "
That why your wages are depressed.

So what you're saying is due to the overinflated market, people should just be poor? really makes you think

You can't even type a coherent sentence brainlet kys
pic related it's you

Attached: 1544169253166.png (853x855, 83K)

Nobody's posted the right answer: the average household should have x2 the minimum wage as income since women can work now. And as a natural consequence, prices have risen to reflect that. Minimum wage won't fix shit, if anything it's gonna dick you even harder as couples push prices up twice as fast as you (get the government to) increase your pay.

you start slow, you don't need to buy your merchandise all in one go.
If your smart, you can spend $200 in a weekend at auctions or estate sales to get $1000 worth of items flipped. Put that money right back into the flipping.. It adds up pretty quick.

MIGA

This, our min wage here in sydney is about $19.
What your want is real wage growth, and unfortunately that won't happen because jews have turned the worlds economy into debt driven keynesian shit. The world is going to have to suffer through a major recession if we really want things to return to 'normal' or to at least lower the cost of living.

kinda hard to do that when people spend all but $50 on bills and then have to eat and buy gas

You're right. But useless. A bit like hiring cops based on the ability to bend to dark-skinned criminals.

What we need is to kill off 70% of humans. There's simply too many of us. I'd gladly sacrifice myself so that future generations could prosper. World population should be 400 million maximum

Second that. The world population was only about 1 billion at the start of XX century. Should have stayed that way.

fucking sheep

Attached: 12312312312311.jpg (780x520, 91K)

Retail is for cucks and women. Get a real job if you want real money.

let's garner a 6 billion count suicide pact

Let us kill all the negroes instead

Boomers sold everybody out to make money but you can always get a roommate you know. Or you can move somewhere cheaper

When you raise the price of labor, people who pay for it pass the cost off to consumers and/or shrink their labor pool.

Your inability to separate your goal from your proposed solution blinds you.

Grandiose escapist fantasies won't solve your problems. You have to adapt. There is always a solution. I think a lot of people get stuck because once they get a job they stop looking, or they think their current shitty job is the end all be all and you'll always be stuck at the bottom. A shitty job is an exercise in having a job. The money doesn't really matter, it's just practice at having a job.

I fear you're right.
I'll volunteer, I'm a genetic dead end anyway. Balding loser with poor social skills, not like I'd reproduce anyway.

>it's all so tiresome

if I have to explain this much how people should get started, you may not have the intelligence to do it.

>commit to putting all profit back into flipping.
If all you have to start is $20, then start there.
>buy stuff that you can double your money with
>sell items, make $40
>use $40 to buy stuff you can double your money with
>sell items, make $80
>use $80 to buy stuff you can double your money with
>sell items, make $160
>repeat until rich
>Boom, you have $40 to buy items now.

Fuck Boomers and magatards

Attached: 755A67C8-E069-43EF-A8C9-01CD561DB6DF.jpg (846x1024, 113K)

Get a better job and get out your shithole state.

The solution is to kill 70% of the human population. otherwise we are all doomed

You're retarded. My fucking point is, no one has the time, money, or energy due to poverty to do any of that.

If someone can't do that, then poverty is exactly what they deserve.

>>basic bitch ass rents cost $1500 for a basic studio apartment in my state

Fucking move, seriously, I own a three bedroom house in a decent part of town and I pay less than that.

Yes, it is.

Obviously you've never been in poverty. You have no reliable perspective. You think you know it all but you've got such a tiny brain you can't begin to understand the consequences of being poor. Every dollar spent is a strain on the mind and body.

Get a roommate.
Move to an area with a lower cost of living.

>give up your guns
>make all the brown people legal citizens
>accept all forms of faggotry
>throw money at every problem
but don't worry, go- i mean, fellow white man! we'll give you a thousand bucks!

Vote Yang

It's crazy that believing voting Rebublican or Right wing will help the poor. Protip: It doesn't. 95% of us will be working class, and creating social policies will help us. Dumb ass board

Vote Yang! You'll get an extra $1,000 every month.

There were 109 times in history where people felt a similar situation to you.
During those 109 times, the people got so fed up that they banned and massacred the Jews in their community.

Attached: kool aid.jpg (458x414, 52K)

Source?

In 1980, the basic manufacturing to keep developed countries running had to be done in developed countries because the 3rd world was too unstable and too uneducated to justify costs of international shipping, insurance, import duties etc. These countries are now very competitive (the poster child being China, with Huawei etc) technologically, stable and education quality is rising sharply. There's no reason to pay your fat American ass $15/hr to build a smartphone when Mr Wang makes is more than happy to take $3 (with which he can pay for living expenses, save a little and send his kid to university)

Until Western governments place a total import ban on China/India etc this will continue. The scary part is, these countries are rapidly reaching the critical mass they need to survive a total trade war with the West (see how current US-China trade war is fucking over the Eurozone and greatly slowing US growth)

>I have an associates degree in small business management
Why? Just give potential employers pic related to wipe their ass with instead. That is a useless degree as it isn't a marketable skill. I would sooner hire some woman with "Waffle house manager" experience.

Learn to do something people don't want to or lack the knowledge to do themselves that companies seek out.

Attached: charmin_ultra_strong_mega_us_ecom_sec_000.png (352x352, 52K)

The problem isn't just with min wage. It's also inflation rates and inflated rent costs.

To make this shit really work out we would need to do more than just raise min wage, we'd have to at least track inflation statistics and CONSTANTLY adjust for them.
If we manage to decrease the rate of inflation then raising minimum wage would be more beneficial in the long run for everyone, including businesses who are paying these wages out. That's not easy to do though. Nobody in power cares that much.

Because the minimum wage is high, idiot. It's called inflation and high-demand. Thank invasion and Marxism

Attached: dumb pepe.png (415x377, 150K)

Explain in what way marxism has been implemented in the way the country runs?

So in other words, go outside and start mowing down illegals and "new americans" en masse until they get the message and go home?

Attached: 1529467986289.gif (400x224, 1.51M)

OP, you whining little fucking shit stain of a rat fuck weasel:

Get some skills. Pick up a trade.

You weren’t meant to be shit out of some whores ass and make burgers your whole life.

Menial mimnum wage jobs making fucking French fries are for high schoolers.

Stop blaming a system because you’re a lazy no good sack of shit that hasn’t done anything with your pathetic life.

Fucking whining cunt go fuck yourself.

Just stumbled on something interesting:
ncsl.org/research/labor-and-employment/state-minimum-wage-chart.aspx
>"Eighteen states began the new year with higher minimum wages. Eight states (Alaska, Florida, Minnesota, Montana, New Jersey, Ohio, South Dakota, and Vermont) automatically increased their rates based on the cost of living, while ten states (Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Maine, Massacusetts, Missouri, New York, Rhode Island and Washington) increased their rates due to previously approved
legislation or ballot initiatives. Other states that will see rate increases during the 2019 calendar year include: D.C., Delaware, Michigan, and Oregon."
Not going to copy/paste everything but it look like it's basically going up to between 12-$15.00 in most states in the next few years. Seems fair enough. Just doubling the federal minimum wage to $14.50 suddenly would cause economic instability but anything less than like $10/h is too shitty for quality of life.

Attached: Screenshot_20190308-192334_Google.jpg (1342x457, 196K)

>Stop blaming a system because you’re a lazy no good sack of shit that hasn’t done anything with your pathetic life

>finished college while working part time
>worked full time for 5 years
>don't deserve a roof over my head

okay thanks for your input i guess

Learn to manage your money You retard
perhaps stop with that expensive mobile plan?
Or AC?
Or wifi?
Or your overpriced shit Starbucks?

Hahahahaha aww you poor wittle victim! You’re right, you just have SO much to stress and worry about, you can’t afford to spend 2 hours a week to improve your life and finances. Your only option is to stay where you are and live with the anxiety and uncertainty that poverty brings in your free time instead of actually being productive and changing for the better.

I'm with you user. People can hustle a little and make a huge difference. I work 50 hours a week. Weather in Kansas city turned to shit, we started getting hit with snow storms every week to two. I go out buy non working snow blowers from people, sometimes get them free from the trash. On average fix them for less than $10 plus sweat equity after work. List for sale on facebook marketplace. TFW made $1235.00 profit last month while still working normal job.