Feds spend millions on lobster, pianos, golf carts in race to spend "use it or lose it" budget

>Defense Department spent $9,241 on a Wexford leather chair, $2.3 million on crab and another $2.3 million on lobster tails in September, according to a study released Thursday by OpenTheBooks.

>But there were also the lobster tail and crab, $163,636 spent on paint brushes, and $7.6 million on workout equipment — including ski equipment for “adults and junior” earmarked to Misawa Air Base in Japan.

>The lobster tail purchases in September were a bit more than 10 percent of what the federal government spent on the delicacy the entire year, suggesting only a slightly elevated rate of spending.

>But more than a third of the $721,661 agencies spent on pianos came in September.

>And while taxpayers bought $1.6 million worth of golf carts in fiscal 2018, 42 percent of that was spent in the last four weeks. The same with the government’s bill for china tableware, OpenTheBooks’ founder and CEO Adam Andrzejewski said.

washingtontimes.com/news/2019/mar/7/feds-splurge-on-lobster-pianos-golf-carts-in-race-/

Attached: lobster.png (1973x755, 1.12M)

Welcome to the Deep State

why are American taxpayers paying for this again

No wonder they're afraid of us.
These people truly are stupid, aren't they?

Because we're slaves and it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

>thinking they're actually spending money on actual golfcarts and lobsters

Writing bullshit on the books is a good way to hide where the actual money went

It is like this in any government program. Everybody has to spend their budget by the end of the year because they fear having remaining budget will get their budget cut the next year. Literally every government program from schools to a DMV office intentionally blows their remaining budget in January so they don't get a lower budget the next year. Newsflash, government is inefficient.

We could probably balance the budget by simply getting every program to stop blowing all their mudget on purpose.

lol the peasants will be jealous

>why are American taxpayers paying for this again
Because taxes are taken, not paid.

>workout and sports equipment
justified, especially in DoD. We actually need to be fit to kill stuff in the Marines, and on the Corps' birthday we get a giant fucking steak and lobster dinner (that we all pay for with our Basic Allowance for Subsistence, we literally pool it all together)
>really nice chairs
at that price, not justified, if 9k was spent on like a few hundred really quality leather chairs for a bunch of officers, I'd get it. One chair for one guy? better be O7 or above. Not even Colonels/Navy Captains deserve that shit unless it's on ship.
>pianos
Maybe justified, depends on who they were bought for and how many were bought.
>golf carts
60% unjustified.
>use it or lose it
I'll let em spend it as just a citizen, but I'm disgusted by the failure to properly request this kind of thing before a massive budget spike like this, when it could go to wages or effective gear instead for the corps. But who knows, maybe they did.
Regardless this is garish as fuck and most military members wouldn't approve of a lot of this. Except for the workout equipment. Those HITT boxes are fucking based.

few dozen* quality leather chairs, rather. Can't find $90 high end chairs, my one at home is worth like 300 and it's perfect.

They buy bulk d-grade lobster and steak to get it off the market (they feed it to deployed locations as a “treat”).

It’s basically what trump does for the farm industry - subsidies.

And where did it actually go?

>hookers and blow

nice to know you can jail me or get a judgment destroying my credit for failing to pay taxes or underpaying taxes just so you can sit your fat nigger parasite ass on a fancy chair

You're a parasite. You're a fucking worm

Because we are wage cucks that just wanna watch niggerball and the new marvel movie. Duh.

>"I'll let em"
Stupid fucking boomer, you have no choice.

let them eat cake, obviously

inb4 " ... a drop in the bucket ..."

if the navy wants to spend $2.4M serve squids lobster tails to break up the routine of eating chow hall food for three months at a time, i don't give a shit ... i've seen more spent on worse.
t. former HQ assigned milfag

Attached: i support the troops.jpg (460x463, 51K)

>blowing your budget in January when the fiscal year doesn't end until October
You are a retard, right?

>we literally pool it all together

jesus christ, does the navy "re-assign" USMC unit MWR funds?

Honestly anyone who doesn't think our generals do a bunch of drugs and then bang each other is retarded.

Every fucking week. Still beats the shit out of MREs or what the chow hall curryniggers cook sometimes.

The KBR chow halls really went to shit between 2003 and 2007.

Hush now goy look at the new iPhone! It’s got a better camera!