Captain Marvel's Opening Weekend Is One Of the Highest-Grossing Ever

Captain Marvel's Opening Weekend Is One Of the Highest-Grossing Ever

Attached: CFDCFAA7-0048-4A1C-B81E-2F79B3BDA884.jpg (1688x2500, 1.39M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_films
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_films_adjusted_for_inflation
youtu.be/cYl3v9nED78
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Girl power!

>the mouse tinkered with the RT scores for weeks
>the mouse changed the entire RT website-structure
>the mouse changed the youtube algorithm
>the mouse made them write hundreds of fake news pieces to smash any criticism of CM
>but their box office numbers are 100% accurate of course

It opened it every overseas market so no shit. Most movies it takes weeks to.

Let’s see how it does by week two. I’m betting close to a 70% drop off

Wasn't it the only movie playing at certain theaters?

Good. I hate brie larson but i don't like seeing people/things lose millions, unless they really deserve it

>Opening Weekend

4 days and its still only an estimate at 153 million.

What happend to 180 million opening? or even 160?

Attached: thursday.jpg (745x216, 41K)

This, fuck Disney and fuck niggers

Knowing that you're going to be successful no matter what so what do you do.

Troll the fuck out of idiots!

This is exactly what Brie did.

Attached: 1541117063142.gif (500x282, 468K)

They had to open it on a Wednesday in a traditionally weak winter slot to as little competition as possible and hope that having Marvel on ever bit of it would draw anybody in.
This is after telling the biggest target demographic they shouldn't see it.
They failed this movie in all ways possible, and it is great that it is a huge financial flop.

if you need Brie Larson to tell you you're powerful then give up and kys now because you're pathetic and need a reality check.

HollyJew definitely deserves it and much much worse.

Attached: 1490D818-47F6-42BF-A591-3572E44F1B95.png (2048x2732, 1.65M)

Most threattes in canada and usa yes

Good for them! I'll be sure to watch it this week! :)

Okay. Have fun with your comic books, faggot.

>One Of
what happened to biggest ever i wonder, already they are back-pedalling on the numbahs.

Attached: $.png (492x339, 219K)

How to Train Your Dragon 3 made the exact same amount of money.

This is why movies are dead. Comicuck movies were a mistake.

Not only are real numbers not in until Monday at the soonest but they're going to roll Wednesday-Sunday into the total which these days is considered "opening weekend" and its been out internationally for over a week so far so the totals are frontloaded to hell and its still not going to be the "biggest" anything.

I don't give a shit about this movie either way but I do follow movie numbers generally and this one is going to fall on its face relative to every movie its comparable to. It'll end with 600-70 mil worldwide and barely cover its budget if its lucky. My gut says closer to 500 million and gone by the time endgame drops

This.

Captain Marvel sucks.

150 million is like they took the number of seats in all the theaters, and multiplied it by some average ticket price and number of showings.

HTTYD3 was unironicly better and deserves more praise. The second one was better but it's still a franchise that deserves more expansion

>Girl power!

More like "bend the box office to your will so this shitty movie can gain a lot of traction" power. It's another shit-tier movie from marvel staring a California crack head.

Of the top 50 highest grossing films of all time, 38 of those were within the past decade and the top 21 except Titanic ALL were. Now, let's stop and think for a minute. Has the past decade been the best era for quality in movies?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_films

Yeah, I think everyone knows this shit has become a complete grift. Saying movies make money now is like saying jail keeps prisoners.

Those are also worldwide numbers which have a different context of a "worldwide" number from past decades. That's aside from China's box office being a money laundering scheme.

When you adjust for inflation, only 2 movies from the past decade show up in the ranking: Avatar and """""Star Wars"""""": The Force Awakens, because people were excited about new Star Wars until everyone realized it was fucking fanfiction.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films#Highest-grossing_films_adjusted_for_inflation

KEK THEY LOST OVER 200 MILLION COPE HARDER TRANNY

That's right. Hollywood is actually hurting pretty badly and has been for a while. Hell video games make more money these days and even that's not saying much.

"Big Entertainment" reach and influence is on the decline in general. Replaced with what im not sure but im looking for it.

No shit. If you seriously thought this movie was going to do bad you’re retarded.

It’s part a huge movie series where even mediocre movies will do well at the box office, just imagine how well this movie would have done if it wasn’t SJW horseshit.

It's not getting replaced by anything. People aren't even pirating movies like they used to. Visual media is dying because Hollywood is killing it. This is why capitalists are always encouraging overpopulation. If the human population is high enough, it literally doesn't matter what you produce so long as you own everything, you'll make a massive profit.

Disgusting if true and it probably is.

>Replaced with what im not sure
Probably with unpaid overtime

>LOTR is now below not one, not two, not three, four, five, or six, but SEVEN capeshit movies.

JUST fuck my shit up

Attached: wew.webm (720x960, 1.87M)

>People aren't even pirating movies like they used to

People just stream it all from questionable sites. It's easy to watch anything online for free.

I'm not even sure that's true anymore. Most movies made now aren't even worth watching for free. If you think I'm watching fucking Black Panther or Ant-Man 2, you better have a fucking check lined up for me because I'm not watching that shit for free.

This. It will finish at $500M.

That's how we are in my house. Have Netflix/hulu/amazon and access to all of these movies as they premiere and never watch any of the shit. End up watching 25-30 year old series and cooking shows. Nothing new is good enough for the effort it takes to point and click at.

Don't forget disney strongarmed every theatre worldwide to only play their capeshit trash

Then why are you paying for it? What a waste of money to be supporting degenerate companies.

IT'S OVER FOR WHITE MALES IN THIS WORLD. YOU ARE OFFICIALLY THROUGH AND THIS MOVIE PROVES IT.

PREPARE FOR STRONG POC MEN TO FUCK YOUR WHITE WOMEN AND FOR WHITES TO BE BRED OUT OF EXISTENCE.

FUCK WHITE MALES. YOU ARE DONE. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

>Then why are you paying for it?
Some anime, old TV shows and stuff. For movies its all trash but the wife is convinced one day there will be one to watch.

>the wife is convinced one day there will be one to watch.
Lol don't count on it. Tv ain't getting any better.

It already did it's damage

im working on getting rid of all of it though. Lately even she's getting sick of checking amazon prime for movies and finding out they have it but its behind a second paywall.

Just fucking stream what you want for free. There isn't that much to justify another utility bill.

And? Lots of shit films do well. People are retarded.

>IN THIS WORLD
Nice...
When is lift off.

Attached: Ohshit.jpg (675x531, 57K)

>This is exactly what Brie did.

When will this tranny commit suicide?

Attached: Mr Marvel.png (499x694, 346K)

Wow, disney sure is preforming some interesting sorcery...

Highest grossing opening weekend, and fucking no one saw it.

Been tellin' people..
youtu.be/cYl3v9nED78

Not hard when you literally only show that one movie Thursday-Sunday.

>JUST fuck my shit up

Ok

Attached: mindgeek exposed.png (1304x856, 147K)

YO

Attached: 4048AD96-77C5-4368-A345-3047D6215644.jpg (960x565, 86K)

It's getting replaced by YouTube and other Internet-based on demand entertainment. Now that everybody has the ability to create and share content, traditional media is getting a lot of competition. Hollywood will never be completely replaced, but their influence is certainly declining.

The old, big, media companies are gobbling up any small media companies and then pushing their agenda, which is why you see the same headline everywhere. You have to just say fuck it to big media. Buy a 4TB HD and just collect movies. Over time you will have your own incredible media library. Share it with friends and let Hollywood die death it deserves.

No matter what, you will program you own mind and be free of the tribe’s propaganda.

Stop insulting Maine Coons.

Higher than Black Panther? Are you saying white women earn more than black men?

Well of course it's going to open well when Disney spends millions making sure it's the only film screening at 90% of cinemas, 12 hours a day, for 4 days straight.

Attached: BASrightonthenose.png (879x695, 126K)

opening weekend doesn't mean its going to be automatically successful. It has shit reviews. Personally I thought iot was boring even for a Mervel film, 5/10 at best. Stfu