Why haven't YOU taken the permaculture and/or chicken pill?

Why haven't YOU taken the permaculture and/or chicken pill?

Attached: permaculture.jpg (859x1315, 712K)

Looks pretty gay DESU

Don't have much of a garden. Too urban for chickens.

it saves some money, but its impossible to feed a family with it, especially living in a town, you will have difficulties finding a spot to grow plants on. And even if you, you still need time to take care of them, which is difficult due to your household+job+kids etc.

cause Im a landless peasant fuck, otherwise I would have done this long ago

this

u havin sex with men in those fields? heh

I love chickens

Attached: 1545607635228m.jpg (1024x768, 219K)

jews will make that illegal if it isn't already

t. landlet cityroach

Attached: 1546708685534.jpg (750x720, 47K)

In the UK we have things called allotments.
I've got one.
600 square metres for which I pay £20 per year.
Grow all my own vegetables and some fruit. Some people have chickens on theirs,I haven't as I don't have time to look after them.
Under rated as a hobby.
Hard physical work,outside and fresh fruit and veg to show for it.

Because chickens are horrible disgusting creatures to have around and I'm happy to pay someone else to deal with that nightmare for me.

Imagine the smell

When I used to live on county land I had chickens. I could legally have them in the city but I can't fucking build a pen. It's a permitted fucking structure here.
Too many coyotes. They'd just get killed in the yard.

Already did. And enjoying it.

im only on an acre, dont think i have enough room
i do do a bit of gardening though

>chickens

i'll just stick to my trees, shrubs, and annuals. will trade fruit for eggs. i just don't enjoy looking after animals as much as i enjoy looking after plants.

Attached: 12065693_1000534213342208_495165528020992782_n.jpg (480x480, 21K)

I have.

Have you?

Attached: 1535224069474.jpg (3264x2448, 1.1M)

Thougts about Joel Salatin?

Doesn't have to feed a family, but you'd be surprised how much you can get out of a small block of land. I grow a lot of my own veggies and it's enough for salads at every dinner.

The real benefit is that you get food that tastes so much better than what you can buy at the supermarket, and it's fresher than anything since you just walk out the back and pick what you need. The difference in quality is huge, I've never really enjoyed eating veggies until I started growing my own.

I can only imagine the stench. I love when people have chickens, but you need the animals outside, their shit smell is unbearable.

Because I'm vegan and not a hormone riddled meat eating fag

You can also sell it to fancy restaurants who are willing to pay for "real" food

Have 19 laying hens with a rooster to keep the peace. Will be gettin 50 meat birds to grow out in another month or so. Raising 6 eatin hogs this year up from 4 last year. 2 for my own family, 4 for friends/family. Once i finish fencing off my last 3/4 acre i will likely get a dexter cow.

Me too.

Attached: South Park Chickenlover-south-park-19182863-500-375.jpg (500x375, 43K)

i have. i opted "out of the system" years ago with an off grid home in oregon.
>thousands of pounds of fresh produce every year on two acres
>canning, jar, dehydrate food for the year
>make soap with goat milk and lavender
>proteins from pig slaughter (400#), chicken eggs and chickens. beef is a bonus
>brew my own beer from the hops i grow. began clearing a 1/4 acre patch for a vineyard.
>well water (no sewer/water bill), solar panels
>extra income generated from farmers markets
oh, i own the land outright so no mortgage. my full time employment all goes to savings/home equity. built multiple structures by hand. buying a front end loader soon. eventually, ill have a b&b/hostel/cabin rental thing going on soon for more income.

growing/raising your own food is a high red-pill as long as you know whats in/around your soil or pastures. Test the soil periodically and make sure its good. I try to stay away from the store bought stuff. Unfortunately current living conditions don't allow for chicken coop but hopefully that can change.

Want to. Can't afford land yet and I don't have good (((credit))).

Do you allow the chicken owners to use your garden plot?

that's disgusting

>Because I'm an imbecile and an opinionated fag
fify

if you haven't just brought them in to butcher, then ew

That's where vertical farming comes in.
With that, anyone can feed himself and his family from his backyard.

How does the garden just start suspended above the chickens. The trees just end in a completely straight line? Yea ok pal

Looks comfy senpai. First post worst post.

Attached: 1541542370993.jpg (2560x1440, 1.26M)

I got a few boxes (not all pictured) but have been busy and haven't made any more lately. Pic related. My favorite things to grow so far are radishes and watermelon. Built some structures to grow melons/gourds vertically but this is an old pic

Attached: garden.png (680x563, 975K)

Obama was working on it.

Remember that episode of (((South Park))) where they taught the sherif how to read by catching the chicken fucker?

got any more pics?

Attached: snap.png (754x530, 375K)

>leaving the fate of the human race to Earth alone.
Madness. i'll have no part of it.

nice user
plant some fruit trees maybe?
selfmade fruit juice is top notch

>indoor chickens

You're an animal, user.

Humans don’t belong in space

Carry on user, I like your indoor chickens

Oh great user I'll just use this half acre of land I haven't got that costs £25k to spend my time growing a fucking salad.

Just a few I saved from a previous Jow Forums thread about more natural living. That one is the comfiest though.

Attached: 1541543102244.jpg (1920x1080, 346K)

Highly based. Should do a topic on it.

>this thread
Look at the city slickers, pulling up in their fancy German cars.

Attached: sneed.jpg (300x300, 20K)

because permaculture is for hippies and retards

Heres a comfy painting.

Attached: 1541551804918.jpg (2560x1576, 1.41M)

You only say that because your soul is being weighed down by Earth's gravity.

I have, currently saving up money to buy a house where I can do something like that.

Fag

Attached: 1529019891610.jpg (600x800, 65K)

Top comfyness

I have a house in town, fenced in and everything, but we had a spare concrete pad from an old shed we removed, so my brother and I made raised beds. Last season was nuts, because my bed did very poorly and only grew watermelons (I had planted about 5 different plants, only the melons came in), whereas my brother's went absolutely fucking nuts. We had enough okra to eat okra just about every 2-3 days. We had all the tomatoes we could eat, so much cantaloupe we couldn't eat all of it, and so many jalapenos that were so hot, we barely ate any because they were insanely hot, easily on the high end of scovilles for jalapenos.

I've been thinking about getting a small apiary, but I know that's a big time investment even for just a top bar hive.

But this year, I'm going to plant my raised bed a bit more resilient to high heat and between mine and his we're going to have tons of extra food.

Attached: potato box.jpg (540x748, 127K)

I'm too lazy.

This faggot loves guzzling basedmen and can't wait to unlock powdered insect protein.

what do you do with all of the shit?
also are chickens good pets? I don't think I could slaughter them.

>Why haven't YOU taken the permaculture and/or chicken pill?
Because land is expensive and I'm poor as fuck.

Man belongs anywhere he damn well wants. And he we do just fine wherever he goes.

chickens actually don't have much of a smell at all.

You know who does have a smell you city slicker faggot?

Attached: black people.png (923x689, 650K)

We are an earthly people

>fresh fruit and vag

>chickens don’t shit everywhere

this
If you aren't just larping please share with us how you did this? I'm a poor collegefag but I want to live like this eventually

I’m traveling so different IDs.
Yes, a large amount probably 30-40% comes from a dozen different variety of fruit trees. All veggies/fruit and animals are heritage breeds or heirloom varieties. Eventually I’ll do a weekly report on Jow Forums but I don’t have time. I do think it’s “redpilled” to do this type of farming so you don’t give your money to (((them))) for toxins and bullshit chemicals in your food. Plus it’s really rewarding

not as smelly as a negro neighborhood I'll tell you WHUT

Attached: ayo.jpg (750x1000, 77K)

Discipline. I saved up money when I was still on my parents dime. That and cutting corners. I have my masters in policy so I know how to work the system

my mom's family is from maryland. the entire state smells like chicken shit because of perdue.

It doesn't really work like that i'm sure someone's managed to get good results by having favorable growing conditions ans a specific cultivar that is able to produce well in that environment but the yield wouldn't be too much different if at all from traditional planting

it's not like horse shit or cow shit.

Outside in the fresh air you don't really smell their shit.

Most people that keep chickens only have like 20-30. Maybe if you had hundreds like a factory farm. Or if you keep them in a box in your bedroom.

Attached: matt walsh.png (400x400, 190K)

how much land do you need? any idea what kind of cost?

God I can only imagine how many chickens the Perdue farmers must have and what kind of terrible disgusting conditions they are kept in.

I should have specified that I was referring to rural people that keep outdoor chicken coops with like 20-30 chickens as in OPs picture.

Attached: bewm.jpg (543x533, 78K)

Backyard chickens not indoor chickens

Shit is used as fertilizer but it needs to be diluted...duck shit water is better. Chicken can become used to the farmer and vice versa..cant spend too much time with them if you plan on killing them.

You also aren't limited to all the high end equipment required to do row farming. That also ties you to companies like John Deere which have very locked down systems these days.

Nigger what, I grow everything in the space of about 10 square metres, if that. Set your garden up right and you don't need nearly as much room as you seem to think.

I agree. Start a fresh thread of going off the grid. Many here would be interested.You are well positioned for the pending global societalbreakdown

jews fear the indoor chicken farmer

big ups much respect chicken heads on the dance

because youd put hormone in your own food

Attached: 1530967175648.gif (356x272, 660K)

how much was the land? how much you got?

And this is why brits have horrible teeth and no jawline. Literally can't do anything but walk down to the store for crisps.

Hipster pos kys

Attached: image.jpg (640x1136, 192K)

you should try sun gold tomatoes. they are little treats, theyll grow 10-15 ft high with help

Attached: Фото0950.jpg (1600x1200, 433K)

Big growers usually choose the largest producing and longest lasting strain of vegetable/fruit, the taste isn’t their primary focus.
Look at strawberries for my fellow burgers, the large flavorless shit that comes out of California year round are absolute shit. Here in oregon, we get 1-2 months of amazing strawberries with one variety tasting like natural strawberry candy.
Gotta ween off the all-season-long produce jew and just eat locally or according to local seasons.

can confirm sun gold tomatos are delicious

It's likely because I'm still buried under 30" of snow, and I live in a small town that doesn't allow this behaviour...

You’re right. I’m not. Doing most things by hand keeps you farm Jow Forums. Which allows me to have a smoking hot pale piece
10 acres total. Only use 5. The other 5 is a timber stand I use to mill boards

Pic is fresh goats out the vagina

Attached: AAEA67A8-F0A4-4E5C-BA36-CF5E441DCE62.jpg (3264x2448, 3M)

I can't smell my chickens shit he sleeps in he closet

Home grown tomatoes are so good. The shit they sell at the store isn't even picked red, they pick it green and turn it red with ethylene gas. I've had tomatoes that I cut into and have seen an almost woody, green core because they were so unripe. Home grown tomatoes have a delicious, succulent taste that is both sweet and umami. A dash of pepper and seasoned salt makes them amazing eating by themselves, and a sandwich or burger never tasted better.

Fuck I'm excited for spring.

When I looked into it, I read that unless you're buying factory-grade (aka soi-pellet ground fish-waste corn garbage) feed in bulk, or have an orchard for hens to graze in, it's still cheaper to buy eggs from the supermarket. And if you're growing chicken for meat, well, that's impossible to do economically yourself. That's the problem with capitalism, it fosters consumerist dependency and negates the need for self-sufficiency.

Attached: 1440891775121.webm (480x270, 1.92M)

in childhood.

Attached: Фото0840.jpg (1600x1200, 376K)

Retard. You can graze them for free if you have the land. Plus with table scraps. You must have looked on r*ddit, faggot.

Have you grown sugar baby watermelons? I have a bunch of seeds, I'm thinking of planting them in 5 gallon buckets or 20 gallon fabric pots.

you got some pics bruce?

Where's your frontier spirit, bro? Imagine: A number of volunteer families in a space ship designed to hold a sustainance patch each (hydrocultures maybe?). Given that they'd have to be trained for space to begin with, we could rely on parents training children to maintain life aboard until planetfall on habitable worlds and, generation by generation, bridge even the vastest distances. It is all possible, if we refine and pass on what our species has mastered so far.