Are serial killers a thing of the past now because we live in a surveillance state?

Are serial killers a thing of the past now because we live in a surveillance state?

Attached: TedBundy.jpg (900x693, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/V2ilc_RmkmM
schippers.ca/en/blitz-kerner-captive-bolt-gun-3409900.html
youtube.com/watch?v=PV1_n1ULPfY
abcnews.go.com/US/missing-vermont-couple-baffles-police-neighbors/story
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, serial killers are allowed to roam the streets unmolested in places chicongo, detroit, border towns, etc.

No.

not even news unless a white guy does it and it happens in a liberal "safe space"

Nope, in fact they were so succesful they rule over us now...

Attached: 6a00d83451af9f69e201b7c8860473970b-500wi.jpg (400x469, 80K)

They are certainly forced to evolve due to modern forensics. I don't think they are a thing of the past, but I think there are fewer of them and the ones there are are smarter and more savvy than previous decades due to necessity. The dumb ones who would have been serial killers in the past just become spree killers these days.

in which case it's a national tragedy

kek

it's not that hard to get away with it if you have the right equipment

The ubiquity of cameras in public has only spelt the end for the mediocre and poor ones. Ones who would have been caught in time without them. CCTV stops them before they become "serial".
Those who have the ability to hide their actions well are as prevalent now as they have always been.

No, they've just changed style because of our culture of instant gratification. Why spread your murders out when you could perform a mass shooting?

They simply stopped romanticizing them and giving them attention.

Proper soundtrack for this thread.
youtu.be/V2ilc_RmkmM

Attached: R-1430114-1219059796.jpeg.jpg (300x300, 14K)

And kill low profile people like homeless, drug addicts, prostitutes.

Tell me more. You have piqued my interest.

Ted Bundy did nothing wrong.

there was one in long island as late as 2014

Only really in shithole backwards countries

>Inb4 america

the advent of modern surveillance systems and forensic science has made it considerably difficult for serial killers to operate. They certainly still exist but have adapted their methods.

no they're just called gang bangers now stupid

Well I'm not a serial killer, but the easiest way to get your fix would be to kill undesirables. Homeless people like that user says is not a bad idea. Probably would want to find someone who is not in their usual/expected place, or someone who won't even be noticed if missing.

You would probably want to rent a car, if you had to any driving. Probably wouldn't want to carry a cellphone because of that nasty gps stuff.

You would probably want a silent weapon that is instantaneous and doesn't cause blood splatter.

schippers.ca/en/blitz-kerner-captive-bolt-gun-3409900.html

Probably something like that, and you would probably want to purchase it with cash. You would also want to either throw it away or hide it very well after use. At least, you would want to handle it with gloves at all times.

You would probably want to thoroughly clean every surface the victim has touched that could be linked back to you.

You would probably want to get rid of the body. Maybe cremation is a good idea. This could work:
youtube.com/watch?v=PV1_n1ULPfY

mass surveillance doesnt make it easier to catch a single person

what about those women he killed?

main target of serial killers is male and female prostitutes so their prey is already hiding from the law I don't think they have gone away

No there are recent succesful serial killers like Israel Keyes example

damn check this out. pretty creepy knowing he killed them
abcnews.go.com/US/missing-vermont-couple-baffles-police-neighbors/story

Because serial killing was never about simply killing, it was about killing a certain type of person in a certain way the killer found pleasurable. Mag dumping into a crowd doesnt give the same pleasure as spending time in a more intimate kill as serial killers prefer.
This is closer to the answer as well as what OP said, its harder to do now and get away with it for a long time and the ones who do arent given attention because its lost its interest and doesnt serve an agenda like mass shooters do.

Wow, he seems to have targeted men, women and children alike. Most usually only target a specific "type."

She's locked up by now, right?

Attached: because-youd-be-in-jail-it-is-a-uly-good-4785909.png (500x448, 104K)

No and that’s dumb to think so. Most serial killers were so prolific because of police incompetence and laziness not because technology was far behind.
We still have incompetent and lazy cops. Canada just had a serial killer arrested recently

>spree killers are the same as serial killers
no

>On December 13, the remains of Shannan Gilbert were found in a marsh about half a mile from where she had disappeared; only a week earlier, some of her clothes and belongings had been found in the same vicinity. Police believe that Shannan accidentally drowned after stumbling into a swamp, a view not shared by her mother. She had last been seen banging on a resident's door and screaming for help before running off into the night. A panicked 911 call from Gilbert that night includes her saying that they were going to kill her

lol. This is like some Friday the 13th stuff.

>banging on someone’s door screaming for help
>calls the police saying “they’re going to kill me”
>huh, must have been an accidental death
This is exactly what I’m talking about. Laziness of law enforcement enables criminals to continue what they do

There's an estimated roughly 60-100 serial active at any given time

I think my neighbor is a serial killer but I'm not sure

well, explain

inb4 anons start mass killing

kill for mother

There was one in toronto who killed a bunch of gay guys off grindr or some shit

serial killers get hired as police, solderers, or politicians, nowadays

Bob Sagat didn't do anything wrong

I’m your neighbor. Don’t move away or I’ll kill you.

There is no shortage of psycopaths willing to risk jail time to kill us all....like our government.

Nice I’m sure we’ve all seen no country for old men

There are active serial killers doing murders right now. It takes literally a lifetime to catch most serial killers. They just recently caught the Goldenstate killer last year. His murders were back in the 70s and 80s.

Do you have any idea how crazy you are?

No some people got put in barrels last month

Fuck no bitch I serial killed your mother's pussy last night

Serial killers turned into mass killers, ted bundy killed 30, Paddock killed 58 and wounded 851 in a single night.

Has he killed you yet?

WE LIVE IN A SOCIETY

Attached: mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 9K)

No, its because the new way to get famous overnight is to shoot up a school

Some landscaper in canada buried a bunch of victims in his client's planters
Still happens

*loads saiga 12 with birdshot* not any more

Still plenty of places that are camera free, plenty of places with large transiate polulations, plenty of places. Its easier than youd think to get away with a kill, as long as youre not a dumb nigger. But i wouldnt worry about it. ; )

If you look at how many people go missing every year in the US it's hard to imagine they don't exist

Yes if they aren't constantly moving around. No if they are mobile. Since Backpage was shutdown, hookers have taken massive cuts in their income. You could go to any semi-large city in the country and visit any whore ad site and find countless desperate women that just need a place to sleep for the night. They would be easy prey for a traveling killer.

Its not so much laziness as it is corruption and not wanting bad press, cant have a serial killer on the loose in the Hamptons praying on the help for example, not a good public image.

This sounds about right to me

Haven't listened to this in years

He got rid of some property so what?

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 79K)

is that where she went? to govern greece?

A modern killer would be wise to move to a third world country with wide unpopulated areas, outdated tech, and corrupt police. Serial killers in those areas sometimes murder hundreds before they get caught.

They just have badges now.

So fuckin' edgy dude!

There's at least 50 Active serial killers in the U.S. right now, according to the FBI

They were all done in accordance with cia handbook assassinations, or by satanic cults. most serial killers said they did too.

now the government uses mass shootings, they are on a different phase of mass mind control

Serial killers usually prey on the people on the fringe. Not much of an e-trail. There are ways to decrease the chance of DNA being found on bodies. Serial killers tend to be smart people.