I drink alone

I just started drinking alone — a few beers a couple times a week. I’ve had a boy, divorced and am there for him as a father sober when he’s in my care. Work hard at work everyday. Still though, this new habit doesn’t seem healthy.

Is a middle aged man who drinks alone the wrong way to live life? Feeling a bit guilty. Shoot me straight Jow Forums. Is this a degenerate behavior?

Attached: 274A9C5B-5034-48C5-AAFF-8F5ED04BCEBD.gif (240x135, 2.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lpzqQst-Sg8
scribd.com/document/401389538/Ohr-Interview-Transcript-8-28-18
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Beer is for fucking faggots who like to drink piss. Drink liquor like a real man.

Attached: george thorogood.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

You're transitioning into boomerdom. Now put on some George Thorogood and cry about your ex.

A few beers will turn into more and more then you'll hit the liquor.

Attached: 00902.jpg (1000x1330, 168K)

>Is a middle aged man who drinks alone the wrong way to live life?
Hope not

GUID thread

Attached: 1471550067573.gif (800x430, 564K)

Everybody's gotta die of something

>Is this a degenerate behavior?
You wouldn't be asking if you didn't know the answer.

Go to a gym or a library and be better than you should be you massive faggot.

This. You’ll be a weakling and your kid will lose respect for you, then hate you, then follow in your footsteps.

I am the liqour

Yes this is degenerate.
It's a slippery slope to a bad place.
I know i sound like a basedboy reading this myself now but it doesnt make it less true.

Also this

as long as you’re not drinking while he’s in your custody, who cares? If you feel happy drinking, drink a bit more. If you start to feel unhappy because you were drinking, drink a bit less. It’s not rocket science.

be a strong role model, you can do it
maybe the stress isnt what you think it is, but either way either deal with it through doing something proactive, like running meditating learning a martial art an instrument etc
pain is strength in the clothes of weakness, don't fall for the illusion

you sound like a sōyboy because you are a sōyboy. Everyone (except Trump) who has ever made the slightest contribution to society also drank alcohol.

Are you drinking to get drunk, or often wind up drunk regardless? Do you often get drunk alone, or even with friends & others? If any of that is true, then stop and reassess drinking altogether.

If it's just a few beers or a drink or two at night to relax or because you genuinely enjoy something, no biggie.

I'm 26, drink a handle every 3 days, and live in my parents basement. Work part time at amazon too.

Fuck off fag

I'm having a gin and tonic then going to sleep.
Stop being a faggot

Attached: 1464646414626.jpg (1140x1136, 275K)

I already made it. I work out 3 times a week, make six figures, practically have paid off my home, lead projects for a fortune 500 company and literally save lives through my work.

To this point, I’ve always stayed sober and believe I’ve achieved my success through sobriety. Lately though, I’ve deviated from my past pattern and enjoy a good buzz at night. Still, deep down, my intuition tells me this is a path to destruction.

I’m torn

yeah it's bad. It wont catch up with you for a while, but the truth is it is turning your liver into shit. You can't swap out a bad liver for a good liver easily.
Liver disease is a major cause of death. The thing is though, one day you may decide to hit it a little harder, either switch to a more powerful drink, or just more quantity.
The only way you'll really convince yourself to stop is to go through the severe alcohol withdrawals. hearing voices, seeing people, dream like state for 3 days. And I'm leaving out all the bad stuff.
t. user with a family history

Attached: leaving-las-vegas.gif (500x304, 746K)

Sadly the memefag is close to correct. 94% imo hang in there OP soon your bossy will betray you as well as society. Remember we are here for you. After all we are all here forever.

Shit that’s my brand.

I’m the biggest pro alcohol supporter you could imagine, but if your own intuition is literally making you worry about about destruction then you should drink less until it’s not.

The fact that beer is so highly estrogenic has kept me away from it, coupled with the fact that alcohol lowers tesoterone, drinking too much beer is like castrating yourself. Might as well go on a diet of tofu for protein, it's just as bad. When I do drink, its always vodka, and never more than once a week.

enjoy your inevitable 26er+ daily vodka habit. I started with a "few beers" and progressed to up to a 40 of hard liquor a day. workin on quitting right now.

also american beer is weak and tastes like it's already been pissed out. something something beer grylls

Attached: 1534920110258.jpg (919x720, 59K)

Your fine user. I didnt start drinking habitually until I had children. They enjoy me more when I am not sober as I am happy to act like an idiot and play their stupid games. After you have procreated, job done, take the winding, if your lucky, long road to death. Have fun drinking

fair enough bro whatever floats your boat
listen to your intuition its the voice of your ancestors

your problem isn't alcohol, it's whatever led to you being unable to build a family. sad.

Sounds like you’re just a faggot with low T. I can fuck my wife equally well with or without beer. Your advice is probably good for other faggots who need a scapegoat to blame for their own genetic limp dick.

take some psilocybin/psilocin mushrooms and let your disgust with your alcoholism penetrate the deepest part of your mind and ego senpai

Attached: libertycaps.png (960x960, 1.4M)

If you can palpate your spleen with your left hand below your bottom rib or while taking a breath laterally you are drinking too much

nonsense

Gen X here bro. I know your feel. However..
>Start going to gym
>Weights and conditioning Jow Forums
>Hang in there for a while
>Make progress
>Pick up on 25 yo girls in the gym with daddy issues
Welcome to the bro.

it's normal. don't quit.

depends on how much you drink
1 or 2 drinks on your own is fine
better than going out and driving back drunk
getting shit faced every night on your own is a different matter

>starting to drink alone in middle age
You're doing fine. I started that habit at 19.

Getting drunk once a week will have minimal effects on your health especially if you are white.

Cheers my friend!

This

youtube.com/watch?v=lpzqQst-Sg8

Thread theme

i quit drinking six months ago, but when i partook of alcohol drinking alone was the way to go

drunk people are annoying, why ruin my buzz being around them?

That's how I unironically got hooked on alchohol, became an alcoholic, had to quit. To be fair I was 24 instead of middle age. But I was down on my luck and started drinking alone during days I didn't work. Got a real job as a banker making 6 figures but the booze followed. Threw on lots of weight. Finally had to quit. 4 weeks sober now. Was super hard but worth it cause my performance went through the roof and the work day goes by so much faster. But I wish I hadn't started drinking alone because now I can't when I'm out with friends.
Tl;dr, what you did got me addicted and I had to quit

Don’t do it every night, don’t have more than 3 in a single sitting, don’t combine it with social binge drinking ie. if you have a group of friends you hit a bar every friday and get hammered with, reduce the number of days in a week you allow yourself to have a few beers in too. Make sure you don’t pair the beers with low-quality junk food and make sure you’re exercising at least twice a week.

Do all that and there’s nothing wrong with enjoying a few beers by yourself.

It's called splenomegaly and happens when blood gets backed up from getting processed by the liver which can be caused by liver disease or cirrhosis.

>went from unemployed alcoholic to banker making 6 figures immediately
Yeah, no.

drink and read you perfect faggots
scribd.com/document/401389538/Ohr-Interview-Transcript-8-28-18

if you need to ask here of all places then yes

I trust this faggot she's a 3DPD doctor

Attached: 1539739034906.jpg (480x380, 22K)

Pussy. 6 or so beers a night is fine.

my dad drank alone for nearly 25 years.
he passed away this past November at 56

I mean this, and I'm saying it from the heart,
Don't do it, user. Just stop before it turns into a problem
It may never turn into a problem but it isn't worth it to test it.
Just try to live a happy life and take the best care of your boy that you possibly can

move on from your divorce and hop back into dating. Or don't and just work on bettering yourself. everything will fall into place, with time, but alcohol can cause major mental roadblocks. Even if it's just a few beers a night

take care OP

Autism: the post

Thanks user, was gonna post this.

Yes. The fact that you're asking a bunch of internet strangers means you already
know you're developing a bad habbit that is very hard to unfuck yourself from once you get in

Gotta watch comments like these. Theres a lot of alcoholics on Jow Forums that have no problem dragging you down with them

Vodka. Every night. I'm 34.

How did dad die? Was he constantly drunk?

he was an alcohol

If you want your son to have a pathetic excuse for a father then by all means keep up your nascent habit

Gotta drink a ton to die
Liver is one of the only organs that can regenerate its cells

Do you live in Surrey?

>scotchy...scotch scotch

My metabolic panel is already showing some liver issues in my 30s

I haven't been to bed sober for thirty years and I don't give a shit, fuck people and what they think

Attached: major.jpg (300x450, 68K)

52 here and recovering from a ruptured tendon and torn calf muscle sustained a week ago. Mild pain killers werent cutting it at all so included beer into the mix. Still not doing the job so went to hospital and was prescribed endone. Helped somewhat but am drinking with them as well to get some relief. Really dont like where this is heading.

it's a meme you dip. conversely alcohol withdrawal will kill you very rapidly

Your liver panel shows enzymes? Then stop

No I mean basically done fucking drink everyday
Pace

>habbit
OP may or may not be an “Alcoholic” but you certainly write like one.

>No I mean basically done fucking drink everyday
wow you should be an addictions counselor

Attached: 1525032801829.jpg (148x216, 24K)

Stop drinking user
t. Alcohol problem, it sneaks up on you

No shit? 2 years for me. ,42 years old. 4 Hurricanes as we spea k.

Attached: Rebecca Ferguson profile family, wiki Age, Affairs, Biodata, Husband, Height, Weight, Biography go p (600x838, 82K)

I jumped straight into liquor and haven't been off it since. Living off neetbux and drinking nearly everyday as my parents and brothers did. Maybe I'm just giving myself an excuse but who cares.

Drinking alone opposed to?

How'd u get the injuries

Ok not one fucking night in 2 years sober?! Holy fuck man

If its excessive sure. Ive had my low points where i drank often and alone. Just dont do it forever.

Dont listen to aussies about alcoholism. Lol.

Dude good one keks all around

JV

Based

>calls it a handle
>that much that fast that young
>part timer
Enjoy your cirrhosis and middle age depression loser

Been there. Started off a few beers. Started finding myself dead drunk at sunrise. Easy to let things get out of hand.

>Project manager
Retard detected

Yes, some of us just have the genetics for it. Almost everything comes down to genetics. There's no way I can sleep without a gallon of beer or the equivalent, and my liver and brain are fine. I fully expect to continue drinking as I do and live to be a hundred.

>is to go through the severe alcohol withdrawals
Just how fucking much do you need to drink per day to have this problem? I was drinking 1/2+ handle of 45% alcohol content Gin a day, and I stopped cold turkey with no issues.

yes
negative

I’m sorry user
I mean it

Preach.

Have self control and keep yourself in check. Being able to enjoy life but control your urges is the true mark of man being better than beast.

it's not about how much, per say
i did the same as what you just said, for about three years and it took a massive fuckin toll but i also quit without withdrawal symptoms (other than being extremely weak and having fucked up bowels)

it's about the amount of years drinking
if you drank that much for 20+ years you would, in fact, withdrawal. and it would be dangerous to attempt without medical help.

make plans to leave the country, preferably to one that does not extradite over spousal/child support...change your identity if necessary.

you've made a mistake from which there is no recovery: impregnating an american girl.
they no you have no recourse in court. they own you and your entire future. your life will only get appreciably worse, and the best you can hope for is to be treated like total shit from another lecherous, cancerous, contemptuous american girl.

go while the getting is good. make plans, save, go about this quietly and don't tell anyone. if you were worried about your son's future, you wouldn't have had children in this demon possessed country.

start a new life somewhere else. yours is officially over.

Not sure what your crippled brain expects me to think when I read 'jV', but I can assure you it doesnt change the fact that you're a faggot

Thanks, Brother.
I miss the man everyday and never stop thinking about what i could have done differently to change it all.

JV trolling, you are JUNIOR VARSITY level at it, you cat fucking idiot

If you have that steady base of everyday alcoholism is won't hurt bad to stop cold turkey. You'll be angry and have some shakes.
The voices and schizo stuff comes when you have that steady base + go on a major 4 day weekend bender thinking it's just a fun wedding holiday. By the time Tuesday morning rolls around you won't know if you are awake or dreaming. It will be like that for about 4 days.
But you'll never want to drink again. (seriously don't do this, go to a hospital)

No idea what you're incoherently babbling about nor does OP or anyone else care for that matter you cAt fucking faggot

Quit running from your problems faggot. Drinking is for pussies, suffer like a man.

I switched to good whiskey.
$80 stops you from drinking fast.

shut the FUCK up Gord

If your going to drink alone drink some good bourbon. Piss water is straigh calories. Whiskey kills germs and has more antioxidants than wine plus tastes amazing.

Attached: FDFB0CB2-9DF6-4A69-824E-15B78BA96593.jpg (1140x1536, 1.95M)

>I just started drinking alone — a few beers a couple times a week
>Is a middle aged man who drinks alone the wrong way to live life?
Only if it bothers you. You're a fucking grown ass man. You know a few beers a couple times a week isn't going to give you cirrhosis like the young neet fags in this thread are rambling about. If it's the alone part that bothers you, just have your beers at a local bar.