Would you like to live in clean and green medium density housing close to work and school and public transportation Jow...

Would you like to live in clean and green medium density housing close to work and school and public transportation Jow Forums?

Attached: 1280px-SoSie+SoSchiff_Ansicht.jpg (1280x963, 377K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/maps/@47.75972,8.1268,3a,75y,133.21h,86.93t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipMR_6mQyIQib1EP44_dPSjAJ3gIaKEdc1PGa6g0!2e10!3e11!6shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipMR_6mQyIQib1EP44_dPSjAJ3gIaKEdc1PGa6g0=w203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya107.060905-ro-0-fo100!7i8000!8i4000
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I know the yards aren't very big but you're right next to a forest and hills!

Attached: 1920px-Freiburg_071ss.jpg (1920x1086, 402K)

Between the development and the street is a retail and commercial development built on the same environmental principals, and out the front is a tram route so you don't always have to drive everywhere for everything!

Attached: 1920px-SoSchiff_Ansicht.jpg (1920x1280, 548K)

Tram route, supplemented by buses out to the burbs and there are also two regional and interurban railway lines with stations in the town

Attached: 1024px-Strassenbahn_Freiburg.png (1024x1020, 303K)

This is how the entire world should be

>Would you like to live in clean and green medium density housing close to work and school and public transportation Jow Forums?

no

I dunno about that, I live in the suburbs afterall so I cant be a hypocrite - but you know I got a bus route out the front, a different one down the street, and a commuter railway station with a ten minute frequency even during off peak a bit further down the road
I think the important thing is people having a CHOICE

And that choice serviced by decent public transit alternatives

Why not user?

The whole town, which has a population of 229,000, is like this really with blocks of 4-5 story apartments and units dominating so the development fits in as simply a newer version of what is already around

Attached: Freiburg_Schlossbergturm_Panorama_2010.jpg (6570x1080, 3.06M)

>you will never ever ride a tram with your European gf

Attached: 1280px-Combino_VAG_auf_Rasengleis.jpg (1280x1026, 629K)

Yes, but these houses look modern and really ugly.

Well you're free to post your own suggestion

Transit oreinted districts are a meme.
You end up with commie blocks or government housing.

Suburbs with green transportation options and greenspace mandates are vastly preferable

This house looks a million times better. Also, it is possible to have roof bricks that have the function of solar panels (Tesla).

Attached: 0BDD2FCF-7EDF-4CD4-8715-51DBB1A724B5.jpg (4032x3024, 3.95M)

This, but when trying to build eco-friendly housing, options can be limited.
I'm mostly not a fan of the colors, desu.
There appears to be adequate lighting with a lot of windows.. I'd be even more for it if there was a community garden area, and assuming I would always be close to forest/shooting range.

They look like American motels or a 3rd world shithole shanty town. Putting a bunch of goofy colors on the side isn't masking it.

As I said I live in the suburbs so I cant criticise them - but my suburbs do have public transit infrastructure
A lot of suburbia in America does not, its an endless waste of automotive dependency

How are medium density developments like this a "meme", whatever that means at this point?
>Commie blocks
You mean ugly brutalist structures?
Don't build them! How hard is that?
And that's clearly not what this is - they're 3 story units with gardens and colours (true they only have courtyards not backyards but there is a forest and hills next door and maybe not everyone wants a big backyard?!)
>Government housing
If that's what people want developed and its good whats the problem?
>vastly preferable
They can be improved to provide alternatives like what I have, but maybe not everyone wants to live there and maybe even retrofitting with better infrastructure still wont fix their consumption of resources and land

>That shit
>"Medium density"
Get fucked.

public transport invariably becomes nigger transport, as a result things that seem sane in europe are not tenable in the US - though its worth noting that as you import more niggers your public transport will become just as shit as ours. Also, living on someone's roof in 1000sq-ft sucks balls. Your setup requires basically being cattle for some large company. You have little space for your own creative ventures or entrepreneurship.
Hard pass.

Attached: bannana.png (1568x1112, 48K)

Lol, I have no idea why this picture rotated to the left. It looks normal on my phone.

Filing cabinets for your pet nigs and lower class labourers? That's what that shit is.

>Would you like to live in clean and green medium density housing close to work and school and public transportation Jow Forums?
No. This sounds like a hell of moral hypocrisy, sexual deviation, swingers clubs, loneliness, and secret opioid addictions. See American Beauty for the full story.

Where are the bars, live music, and places to go out???

Attached: Murican retardation.jpg (2550x1722, 1.75M)

>my medium density housing suggestion that is clean and green and has easily accessible public transportation alternatives is an ugly mcmansion not even photographed properly
>I don't like the colours
Do your feet hurt too? Are you tired?
>community garden
You have a point that would be good - if you're going to criticise folks then can it be something real like this?
If they were built in a rectangle rather than rows then you could have a central courtyard that could do this
>and assuming I would always be close to forest/shooting range
They got you covered senpai, its all right next door to a forest and hills :3
lolwut
Well what would you like?

Attached: 1920px-LuftSS.jpg (1920x1290, 862K)

No

>city
>forest and hills
lol no

Its not about that. Its about human psychology. Its called “the tragedy of the commons for a reason”

We have great options for becoming green. But we need to exercise and build them. Not just shove humanity into mass housing.

>public transport invariably becomes nigger transport
That's right goyim be afraid, stick to your cars, drive everywhere, consume everything, thirst for ever more oil and create ever more conflicts for it to meet your insatiable demand
>that as you import more niggers
stop provoking wars in their countries then
>requires basically being cattle for some large company
As opposed to being in a mcmansion estate I suppose

too many people

You call that "medium density" when it's high density as fuck. Those are filing cabinets for poor people.

down the street or a short tram ride away
other side, see >we cant work together it has to be each rugged individualists choice otherwise its a slogan I heard about from the cato institute and other libertarian think tanks funded by elite interests opposed to doing anything different that would hurt their bottom dollar

Do you have agoraphobia?
>three stories is high density
wut

If it said "Whites Only, NO NIGGERS" on the sign at the gates, then yes. Absolutely.

And they crush infrastructure.

You pack 20 units per acre you get 65 people and 40 cars.

Eventually you need a fucking 8 lane highway outside to move them. And public transportation is a fucking joke.
It takes tons of time and is slow.

Spend 9 hours at work and 2 hours to work and 2 hours back!!!! LMAO. Good luck having kids.

its not gated

>310 people/sq km
too packed for me

Look at the shit, man. You have 5m of free space between your humble abode and the next filing cabinet. You have thin fucking walls so you can hear everything your neighbors do. You live in a sectioned up concrete jungle with 3m2 of greenery in between.

This is fine if you live in Japan, a country with fuck all flat space and shitloads of people. It is not "medium density" by any fucking measure.

Then no, absolutely not.

villages look way comfyier
google.com/maps/@47.75972,8.1268,3a,75y,133.21h,86.93t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipMR_6mQyIQib1EP44_dPSjAJ3gIaKEdc1PGa6g0!2e10!3e11!6shttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/p/AF1QipMR_6mQyIQib1EP44_dPSjAJ3gIaKEdc1PGa6g0=w203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya107.060905-ro-0-fo100!7i8000!8i4000

If you provide alternatives to driving people drive less and some people go without a car entirely
You don't need an 8 lane highway
>And public transportation is a fucking joke.
It takes tons of time and is slow.
You say this because you are an American and your public transit infrastructure is a joke that barely exists, as you show here:
>and 2 hours to work and 2 hours back!!!!
This is your experience, in the rest of the world we have developed and expanded our public transit, we have not allowed whole regions and cities and their suburbs to develop with little to no transit infrastructure
You're a very good example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect

They would not be thin they would be thick with insulation

America is fucking huge.

Its not walkable. You cant live without a car.

I see you've never worked in construction.

i would rather live in an isolated house/village than in a roach infested city

>living like veal
>hearing your neighbors kids cry all day, and argue

plus there are way more natural spaces in the us than in germany

>the continental land mass is huge so there is no point at all in an individual city and its suburbs and broader surrounding region having good public transit

Attached: MAX.jpg (298x379, 9K)

I think you have no idea what a McMansion is. Clean and green is fine, but your building looks ugly and modern. Your public transportation is delusional. Who in his right mind would like to see Niggers in the trains?

Absolutely. It would save me hundreds I pay a year on Uber and other methods of transportation to get to work.

Attached: 15523985803037951363113203498888.jpg (4032x3024, 2.9M)

>living right on top of your neighbors
I like having my closest neighbor being a half mile away. Please fuck off.

These buildings are intended to be energy efficient and produce more energy than they use
So in this particular case they would not be thin

>it looks modern and that's wrong
>here is a factory produced home garishly fitting various, clashing, "classic" fixtures
why

Nah hes a tard. Probably the guy in charge of designing Americas future.
(Lord knows hes out of touch enough to be)

Its worse in America because its so massive. Its not human scale and its not walkable and it never ever will be.

Applying european solutions for towns built before christ was born doesnt work in america where it was designed for car culture.

We need American solutions to American problems.

Fuck this dumbass

I rode several, but with my mexican exgf. I miss Europe more than her.

well not everyone else is you

this

Sure, that looks pretty comfy.

and not everybody wants to live in a city

>we stopped building public transit and focused on automotive transit and build cities only for the car because GM bought the politicians and dictated policy
>so we are xbox hueg and cant change a thing about this and its impossible to reverse this and build alternatives
The American problem is you have become auto dependent with no alternative choices
The American solution is building public transportation and medium density infill development

Attached: 721418-3x2-700x467.jpg (700x467, 75K)

Sound isolation and heat insulation are not the same thing. I already live in similar density as that and it's fucking shit. Come summer there's not a day without barbeque going on at one of the neighbors, so you can forget getting fresh air inside your house. Whole day of charcoal smoke? It's like living in a fucking smokehouse. Sure hope you're not someone who sleeps with an open bedroom window, because it's fucking great listening to drunk people 3m from where you sleep.

If this is your fucking utopia, I want no part of it.

This is a town of 229,000 its not a city

>people are being sociable
>this is the worst thing ever wont the pain stop

You asked if I would like to live in your air conditioned nightmare. I said no. City life is overratted.

by european standards its a city.
my city has 90 000 and its still a city

>sociable
>burn charcoal all day every day right next where to people live, sleep and eat.
Do you mind if I start a campfire in the middle of your living room? It'll be really fucking sociable, we can drink beers and shit.

No thanks wagie.

High Density
More than one million.

Megalopolis - a group of conurbations, consisting of more than ten million people in total.
Conurbation - a group of large cities and their suburbs, consisting of three to ten million people.
Metropolis - a large city and its suburbs consisting of multiple cities and towns. The population is usually one to three million.
Mid Density
Less than one million.

Large city - a city with a large population and many services. The population is less than 1 million but over 300,000.
City - a city would have abundant services, but not as many as a large city. The population of a city is between 100,000 and 300,000 people.[citation needed]

>being an oversocalized manchild in your “green” community is the ideal lifestyle
>neighbors being assholes is just socalizing
Are you 15?

Who said its air conditioned?
Don't you suppose this: requires constant air conditioning to make the desert tolerable?
well then if we're just making things up then by my standards you're a dog
>Jow Forums criticises people who work
>Jow Forums criticises people who cant work and need help
wut

Because who wants to make at least three transfers to get downtown in a city in another part of the state? Besides I can leave when I want or take alternate routes and discover new places. Or flat out load my car up and go explore anywhere on a whim.

Public only transport keeps goyim corralled in hive cities at the whim of it's overseer. This is all Europeans have ever know and don't question the concept of free movement anywhere at anytime.

Same pic from the other thread memeflagger.

Answer is sill no. We are free men, not peasants or rats. We will kill you and you will die know you are not so superior as you thought.

>who said it was air conditioned?
I know for a fact houses in Europe have air conditioning units installed in a room.

looks like a fancy prison camp desu
absolutely disgusting

> You say this because you are an American and your public transit infrastructure is a joke that barely exists, as you show here:

Same in my village in Germany. And I don't give a fuck because I have a car. A big car, I might add. One I can haul cattle with. It's got a nice big cow catcher for dealing with cattle, too. Or cycling cucks who get uppity.

And now fuck off with your shill thread, kike!

If I don't have an acre between me and my neighbor than that isn't medium density.

see

Stop. This shit is obvious since you already created 1 thread about this.

Get your shit together and fuck off you slaves.

I wouldn't mind high density housing if it all wasn't such shit.

There is nothing worse than listening to your whale of a neighbor fucking, or having to deal with hot water problems, or listening to screaming children running around. I value peace and quiet too much to be able to deal with apartment living any more. The last time I dealt with that I would up sleeping on the couch with ear plugs nearly every night because of dipshit neighbors

Attached: cum bear.gif (1920x1080, 3.18M)

Anything over 50000 people is a shithole. I'd rather live out in the middle of nowhere. White people need at least an acre.

We're all slaves. Just because you cant see the bars, doesn't mean you're free.

Attached: 140401_$BOX_WalmartStamps.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg (590x421, 76K)

>Using Uber in place of owning a vehicle
Literal nigger tier.
I bought a brand new car last year, and including all costs (insurance, gas, the car itself) I pay about $1.30 per mile. That figure will only go down the longer I own it, and the more I drive it. Uber, on the other hand, charges $3+ per mile.

If you commute 10k miles per annum, you're flusing $30,000 down the toilet. You'd be better off buying a $1,000 beater car that only holds together for a year and shitcanning it the moment anything goes wrong.

Give examples
> you can’t
Start reasonable then reduce to what are probably your default angry ad hominems.
You’re a bitter leftist shitbag who dreams of sardining humans into cultureless blobs. YOU pointedly don’t live that way, but get an erection at the thought of others.
Stuff yourself into a 5 sqft coffin and bury it six feet deep. You can hook it up to the internet so you can telecommute. I’m sure that would be ultra green.

>other people are living above you plotting to take your tendies and you'll hear them walking all night long

Would you blind morons look closer? The units are divided horizontally not vertically, you have all three levels to your self

This is a single lot that looks more like early 2000's office blocks, not an entire town.
Lets reference your own image;
>All buildings outside of the particular lot are brutalist or modernist concrete offices or welfare apartments, none of which are built to these "standards"
>Built right next to a busy road, don't you just love listening to traffic as you sleep?
>Extremely limited yard/garden space or just balconies, meaning limited opportunities for children to enjoy a safe outdoors play space, or for people to relax in privacy.
>All buildings built miserably close to each other - some apartments will see LITERALLY no natural light through their windows
>Minimal greenery and defined public spaces, also negative for children
>Outside spaces and roads are disgusting badly designed and are much more akin to the service sides of warehouses and office blocks
>Roof top gardens mean that maintenance of the roofs aboveother apartments is basically impossible, will lead to eventual water seepage, damage and noise
>All buildings are split into apartments, or minimally small houses - check the partitions between yard and on the balconies
>So close that sound pollution and complaints from neighbours IN OTHER BUILDINGS will come out of the woodwork like flies on shit.
This development is disgusting and you've been fed a jewish lie about it.

Attached: 1552397784384.jpg (1920x1290, 1.25M)

>You'd be better off buying a $1,000 beater car that only holds together for a year and shitcanning it the moment anything goes wrong.
>implying I ever have $1000 on hand outside of approved overtime and tax returns
Gotta love blown headgaskets.

This is the reason I stopped driving 10 years ago. Registration, insurance, and the annual $3k in repairs to get my vehicle street legal became too much as I was spending a quarter of my wages on it. I dont even go anywhere. No reason to. Just the 7 mile trip from my walmart dorm and back.

>medium density
>zero yards, everyone single home there is an MDU.

> OP's pick
> clean and green
pick one

Attached: 1552201956659.jpg (1200x803, 621K)

REEEEEEEEE

no, why would i want to live closer to niggers?

>A lot of suburbia in America does not, its an endless waste of automotive dependency

Do you have niggers? In America, mass transit mostly moves niggers and mentally ill people around. It isn't filled with normal white people like Europe.

Niggers ruin everything.

Spoiler: Ours isn't filled with normal white people either, especially in the cities.

>stick to your cars, drive everywhere, consume everything, thirst for ever more oil and create ever more conflicts for it to meet your insatiable demand

Sounds like you are about to propose 'remove nigger' as a way to save the planet.

Do you understand what negros would do these apartments?

Oh wait I forgot other parts!
>No parking space so if you work somewhere you need to drive to, or would like to travel with more than a suitcase and a dream, to somewhere you can't take public transport to, you're shit out of luck
>Better believe that these are owned by a jewish landlord renting them out only, all fully furnished with the cheapest they can find, because the roads and pavements are too small, and the buildings too close together to get a moving truck down them or even turn around the corners
>Similarly, good luck moving shit out when you have no car or way to get a van or truck in
>If there is a car, they better be careful because kids are going to play on them because the pavements are tiny and there's no other empty space for them to go
But at least, don't you enjoy that you have cute, pretty little shed at the bottom of the yard for when Jamal comes over?

Nope, sorry, you communist faggots. I have a nice little cape house, with a nice lawn, with fucking lake front, my own dock and a row boat since motor boats arent allowed on the lake.

I Hardly have any neighbors near me and I love that. I don't want some shitskin or faggot socialist pussy on top of me, ringing my doorbell for every little complaint. I don't want to hear pablo's shit music or smell your disgusting vegan food seeping into my walls. I love my privacy and my own little secluded piece of land I work hard for. I enjoy my drive to and from work. I dont want to wait for public transportation in the fucking cold or sweltering heat and load into some fucking bus along with a ton of other poeople and smell their fucking bodies next me.

Fuck off with your communal living.

Kek.

Go live in LA or the Bay area for a while senpai. Practice what you preach LMAO.

I was driving through california and hit rush hour at 4 am. Why?

Because it took 2 hours to get to the public transportations system. Then another 1 hour to get to work. People were commuting 3 hours in each direction.

Thats what “medium density” and “mass transportation” get you. LA is worse.

Fuck off with your meme city planning.

i can't speak for the rest of europe but in France AC in houses is quite uncommon

being around many people stresses me a bit but i wouldnt say its at a disease level. We have plenty of eco districts here. I'm sure an increasing number of people would live there but i'd rather not

only if it's part of an ecofascist utopia

Dont forget the shinanigans your unsupervised teenage daughter will get up to while you are commuting to and from work in the super awesome transport system

Or the great friends your son will bond with.

LMAO. Its like we want to destroy ourselves.