Why is the future looking so fucked?

Why is the future looking so fucked?
>A California man’s family is upset after his life-threatening diagnosis was delivered to him by a doctor, via a robot.
>On March 3, a nurse wheeled a robot into the ICU of 78-year-old Ernest Quintana at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center emergency department in Fremont, California, their granddaughter, Annalisia Wilharm, told USA Today.
>“The nurse came around and said the doctor was going to make rounds and I thought ‘OK, no big deal; I’m here,'” said Wilharm.
>What she didn’t expect was what happened after the nurse opened the door.
>Wilharm didn’t see a human being, but a machine with a video screen of a doctor. She told USA Today the machine was there to tell her grandfather how the hospital had run out of effective treatments.
>According to KUTV, Wilharm said her grandfather couldn’t hear much of what the machine was saying and they kept needing it to repeat itself. It got to a point where she had to tell her grandfather he was dying because he couldn’t hear what the robot was saying.
>The robot essentially told Quintana, “you might not make it home,” said Wilharm.
>“Devastated. I was going to lose my grandfather,” said Wilharm. “We knew that this was coming and that he was very sick. But I don’t think somebody should get the news delivered that way. It should have been a human being come in.”
>Wilharm wrote to USA Today that her grandfather Ernest died last Tuesday.
>“We offer our sincere condolences,” said Kaiser Permanente senior vice-president Michelle Gaskill-Hames. “We use video technology as an appropriate enhancement to the care team and a way to bring additional consultative expertise to the bedside.”
nypost.com/2019/03/11/hospital-sends-robot-doctor-to-tell-patient-hes-dying/

Attached: nyprobotd.png (663x706, 318K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_YKQ_qQCN-A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Automation
Next it'll be an ai doing the diagnosis and sending you a text

Attached: 1552414492514-711543103.png (634x101, 85K)

Do you think the doctor did it so he could just have his face on camera and subtly jerk it off camera while he tells this women her grandfather is dying ?

How's it any different from a liberal?

Automation
Next it'll be an ai doing the diagnosis and sending you a text

I'm a doctor and this is hilarious

Seriously though how autistic do you have to be to think it's appropriate to tell your patient he's dying over skype

No sensible doctor would do this. The future is not that fucked

>Kaiser
Medicine is a scam.

Not all doctors are trained equal anymore.

Attached: 1416672176513.jpg (1366x768, 337K)

whats the problem with this?
just turn up the volume on the speaker or something.

Sounds more like video conferencing than a "robot." But just the same, delivering this kind of news via video seems in poor taste

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!

Attached: 060501-N-7586B-015.jpg (2000x1543, 621K)

>Nigguh u gon die, too busy chilling in the MD lounge, take care

Attached: 71QTbkzbEJL._SY741_.jpg (425x741, 20K)

Kek

kek
commiefornians are so retarded they think people making skype calls are robots
>b-b-b-but how did he get in that box? i-i-i-is that a robot?

Attached: 1552153963708.png (1513x983, 131K)

This. This doctor knew better, but simply didnt give a shit. The hospital should be sued over this, this has to be some sort of malpractice.

Kek

>sociopath doctor forgot humans care about compassion

Cant let that mask slip. Dun worry though doctors are good people

>"doctor" for the nhs who mostly just prescribes paracetamol for each and everything chimes on what's a sensible doctor
the ironing

Attached: 1534808596214.jpg (620x843, 270K)

I'm a brain surgeon and my dad works for nintendo

Id rather get my death diagnosis from a screen than some smelly Pajeet McDoctor

Pretty soon MACHINES will be
performing A̠̜͍̻̩̘̯̹̼̬̱̫̰ͭ̉̓̓̈́ͯb͎͇̻̦̰ͭͤ̿̊̀̃ͧo̳͕̜͖̼̞͚̫̪͎̤͍͗ͧ͆ͨ̇̓̈́̌̃͗ͅr̼͙̤͊̽ͭͩ̍ͬ̈́͗ͭ̉́̌́ͬ̒t̙͍̝̥͔͒͐ͬͭ͊ͫ͒͑̓̃ͫ͒ͣḭ̺̬̺̙̜̳̹ͯ̎̍̄ͅỏ̦͚̣̤͔͙̥̟̼̻̫̹̬͔͍̳ͭͮͮͪn̞͔̺̳͚̙̩͉̓ͮ̄̑̆̿̿̑̓ͪͪͅs̤͚̼̬̫̙̩͚̞̜̬̗̹̐͊̌̌̑ͫ͒ͅ

America: The caring society

Attached: 1542251877513.jpg (900x626, 694K)

>sending you a text
pulling the plug on your breath machine, so you don't waste anymore kWh of energy

This, the NHS is a fucking disgrace. I was in the UK and thankfully I never needed medical care but I know people who did and it was worse than a third world country.

>hospital staff and doctors are all shitskins
>they ask you retarded question and just tell you to take paracetamol
>I know a guy who almost lost his finger from gangrene because an ingrown nail wasn’t treated properly
>know female who went to the doctor and just got told she had cysts in her ovaries without any exams or tests, the “doctor” just guessed
>LMAO TAKE PARACETAMOL

How the fuck are you suppose to make a difference when the average mutt has an IQ 30 points lower

apparently, you take your average tejano, and you look at who's smarter and who's dumber

>Next it'll be an ai doing the diagnosis and sending you a text

Hopefully that will be fucking soon. it's totally bulshit have to make another doctor's appointment to get test results, it's just an excuse to charge me a copay and the for the doctors to charge the insurance company. It's bullshit that I have to make three appointments if I want to get anything done. one doctor's appointment one blood testing appointment and one doctor follow-up visit. All which of course I have to ask time off from work which of course would cost me even more money.

>Kaiser
Worst medical care in the country. I'd rather get locked in VA basement.
Californians are impossibly brainwashed about it. They think it's socialized medicine when in fact it is corporate cost cutting masquerading as medicine.

I'd really rather receive the news from the nurse on the floor with the biggest tits. Just to soften the blow.

Attached: 1533706897697.jpg (600x878, 82K)

>hello user, i've something to tell you...

Attached: xkpSwSrpjNKXkmTsvHvfXY-320-80.jpg (320x240, 6K)

>On March 3, a nurse wheeled a robot into the ICU of 78-year-old Ernest Quintana at Kaiser Permanente Medical Center emergency department in Fremont, California, their granddaughter, Annalisia Wilharm, told USA Today.

>The ICU of the Emergency Department

100% chance theyre lying spics and made it all up. There is no "ICU" In an ER. That's like saying someone insulted you in the bathroom of the kitchen, they're two completely diffferent units. Just beaners wanting gibs.

It's irredeemably stupid.

I'm not boasting, I'm just fucking terrified. This country is run by absolute retards and I just ASSUMED that politicians were smart becuase... why wouldn't they by? Why would the people making the choices that effect this country be complete fucking morons?

Imagine mt shock when THEY ARE, they're all dumb fucking sacks of shit! What in the actual fuck?

when they give you bad news, you punch people in the tits?
damn: Merrymutts mating rituals sure are something

Attached: 1533162426678.webm (406x720, 1.92M)

I can confirm someone w/ first hand knowledge of this story says it's completely inaccurate. Fake news - this man had his diagnosis years prior. Just another point of evidence that you can't trust anything in the media

Only women. You dick-punch men.

HUUUU-MAN HUUUUU-MAN BEEEEEP YOU ARE DYING HUUU-MAN

I think I would kind of like that

>they're all dumb fucking sacks of shit!
that's the case for most "people"
if that somehow surprises you, maybe you're not the sharpest tool in the shed either

are you retarded? why the hell would the hospital apologize and describe the event if it was made up

It doesn't surprise me, I already said that. Get off your fucking high horse we all know Paris the toilet of Europe.

It just fucking sucks, the world is run by animals.

the patient was black

>Mixing quality hospital doctors up with GPs who don't give a shit

>and/or GPs who see so many shitty patients, alcoholics, druggies and hypochondriacs thanks to free healthcare than they've stopped caring

Administration is retarded. Simply apologizing, offering a few coupons and moving in is a hell of a lot easier than saying "No we didn't" and causing more bad press to generate.

>It doesn't surprise me

hmmm:
>I just ASSUMED that politicians were smart
>Imagine mt shock

what the fuck is paracetamol and why is this a meme

>quality hospital doctors
in britbongia?
lol
I wouldn't even let you clean my toilets (assuming you'd know what a loo is to start with)

Gonna ride that horse into the sunset I see.

>american sex rituals

Attached: 1533147109627.webm (600x336, 2.84M)

tylenol/acetaminophen
state of britbongian "medical" art

It must be hard on doctors to tell people that they're going to die. It's still fucked to send a robot but I can see why they'd do it.

Was it an Indian doctor in a call centre?

Attached: 1535337928452.webm (720x720, 1.24M)

oh thanks, how sad, i always hear brits shitposting about how great their nhl is

Imagine the doctor rattling off 27 different ways for saying your terminal and them being like "huh?" every single time.

Then he says your fucking dieing your gonna die really soon and they are like why do you have to be such a dick about about it.

Life must be hard when you're a fucking moron.

America has the highest standard of health care in the entire world, those receiving socialized health care sometimes DIE before they ever meet a doctor.

erry country with universal healthcare makes propaganda about the local version of said universal healthcare being the best in the world
they serve us the same shit, here
protip: it's a fucking lie
an aunt of mine just broke a hip after falling
she's had to wait 3 days with little painkillers before geting an operation
and she's lucky: they had warned her she'd have to wait a few more days if there were to be an incoming caesarean in the hospital or something (go figure the link with a hip operation)

>The InTouch Vita, also known as the RP-Vita, is a remote presence robot developed by iRobot and InTouch Health, and is assisting medical professionals in the exchange of information in healthcare environments and enhanced service to patients. Already being used in several hospitals, the Vita robot is helping to revolutionize the healthcare industry by allowing medical staff to monitor and advise patients from remote locations.

American doctors are egocentric fuckers, This device is perfect for they.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-12 RP-Vita Telepresence Robot InTouch Vita Vita Reviews.png (1349x666, 124K)

Fuck dude. Hang out in good US hospital long enough. Most doctors and nurses don't wash most of the time unless they are doung surgery.

>sometimes
*often
have seen it so often that it's obvious to me it's a wilful strategy, though
basically, they'd rather let people die before they cost the system too much
so they willingly schedule operations and co as late as they dare announcing the patient, who thus indeed often dies without care
not that the patient would necessarily live long thereafter anyway, seeing as most people I've seen go through our "healthcare" system (myself included) have been the object of at least one serious "complication" (read malpractice, due to a system encouraging irresponsability from erryone involved)
can't reasonably sue, though (medical records are forged on the go, and commie judges wouldn't dare condemn a symbol of their ideology)
universal healthcare: it's magic!

I don't doubt that if it's spics they're lying l, however this ICU in the ER bullshit probably came directly from the moron writing for the Daily Fail.

You have no room to talk, look at the way you write! If you communicate as badly as you spell, you'd seem pretty dumb yourself.

To "soften the blow" is a colloquialism, it means to lessen the impact of devastating news.

im sorry pierre, that's horrific, here you'd get seen after waiting a few hours. When I broke my arm I only had to wait 2-3.

sorry for being dumb friend

yeah, I know, thnks

What? I've absolutely no idea what you tried to say. Why would a doctor tell someone they are a terminal? Or did you nean they were terminally ill? Please learn the difference between you're and your. It makes all the difference when writing.

They got it on video.
youtube.com/watch?v=_YKQ_qQCN-A

I dunno about lying, probably just don't have a proper understanding of how the hospital operates and the reporter was too dumb to confirm. At any rate, fuck that retarded, hollow, non-apology from the vice president. Not shut acknowledgement of how impersonal and reprehensible it is to deliver someone's terminal diagnosis via Skype. No resolve to handle situations like this more delicately in the future, just a marketing line shilling their screen on wheels in place of a physically present flesh and blood human being.

this is the future though. the real one,.

Jesus Christ that's horrible! I live in West Los Angeles, aka the only White part of LA, near Beverly Hills, Malibu and Santa Monica; so my local hospital is UCLA Ronald Reagan Hospital, where Michael Jackson died. Anyway my daughter broke her arm a couple of times and we took her there for treatment. Not only do they have Valet Parking when you drive yourself, the food is excellent and the actual care is absolute state of the art. My little girl was in absolute pain, so the anesthetist on call reached out to the state's top Perdiatric Anesthesiologist and got him to consult before sedating her while resetting her arm. We had a doctor on study from England who said they don't usually anesthetised when resetting arm bones. I honestly didn't know if he was being serious or as he'd often say "Just taking the piss". After reading such horror stories about Britain's NHS (like the Pajeeta doctor who decapitated an almost full term fetus in-utero) I almost believe it. Anyway, I wouldn't trade my American health care for all the "free" socialized medicine in the world.

>I wouldn't trade my American health care for all the "free" socialized medicine in the world
and you'd do well!

STFU leaf.

Attached: 32463245.jpg (2048x1536, 1.05M)

*Pediatric
-sorry phone posting atm

kek

when we gonna see AI parole officers trigger crims a la Elysium?

Kaiser Permanente is such shit. truly terrible service, and terrible coverage

That was a great toss, great use of her body weight.

So is that story that the Brit doc said likely Pierre? Do the NHS really not anesthetize people when setting arm bones?

>when you only have 3 poise

Attached: 1474351885982.gif (382x310, 131K)

It’s bleak, but I laughed.

i don't see anything wrong with delivering the diagnosis through video

why did they want? hugs from the doctor?

>VTC unit
>"robot"
what a load of shit.

I never had a bone reset, so I'm not sure
wouldn't be too surprised if they didn't do any
you gotta see the levels of "care"

a friend of my mother had a cardiac scare during an intestinal polyp removal
they told her the original operation was supposedly routine and easy, but they hurried due to the heart scare and botched it up, so much that some stitching broke and she got an infection
she ended up spending months in hospital, and now got a colostomy bag for life

Muslims are unironically the cleanest people in the world. I married a Saudi.

>doctors getting automated
>nurses persist