This is communism

>this is communism
>it will require government force
>americans prefer driving
>there will be minorities

Attached: 1280px-Combino_VAG_auf_Rasengleis.jpg (1280x1026, 629K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iqc.ou.edu/2014/12/12/60yrsmidwest/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They built this during an era when Europe was mostly free of niggers and muslims and their government didn't work like a third world banana republic.

Germany and France started building tram networks in regional population centers in the late 1990s/early to mid 2000s

Now build a train out here or just let me use a car.

Attached: 12873649823614.jpg (570x380, 47K)

That's a fairly rural area.

You could have a regional or interurban train to the nearest down running several times a day or hourly depending on the population size.

So you'd only have to drive to and from the town station.

That's faggot shit, and what if I don't want to go into an urban center every day at the scheduled time when (((Uncle Sam))) says I can?

>Either overcrowded or completely empty, ensuring 0 efficiency
> always dirty and full of gypsies, druggies and beggars

I said drive into the town, not city
>what if I don't want to
Then... don't?
But that is your choice, not everyone elses
A common trait for people with Autism is to not be able to see things from other peoples perspective or understand they have different interests and needs they assume everyone must feel the same as them

>being full is inefficient
u wot m8

>> always dirty and full of gypsies, druggies and beggars
stop listening to the agoraphobic americans on Jow Forums please

When i say full, i mean stuffed with people, usually around 7:30 and 17:30. That’s 2 times a day they are being used at full capacity, for the rest of the day they are empty. Needless to say anyone who had the joy of wedging himself inbetween a nigger and heroin junkie will either walk or take the car to work

Kek

They are needed here because our streets are so tiny that it's barely possible to drive through the city. Not to mention the lack of parking lots.

>>there will be minorities
spoken like someone who's never taken the bus with a bunch of niggers. fuck your red cuck wagon city-dwelling homosexual, I'll take my car.

Public transport fucking sucks and anyone who can afford to do otherwise does otherwise. I've been yelled at by enough fucking hobos in my life already, and even when it's not poorfags and niggers shitting the place up I still don't like being sandwiched in between some fat fuck and a window or, alternatively, having to stand for forty minutes right after waking up. Plus it's slower.

Good public transport is worth paying for. I don't begrudge the money. Working class people need it, and it does help poor people move out of poverty. It's handy to have when you need to drop the car in for a service, rather than getting a taxi. It's good for intercity travel.

I am happy to pay for it. Just don't expect me to fucking use it.

Attached: 1523468098760.jpg (720x576, 53K)

stop reading American accounts of the one time they rode a Greyhound bus, thinking that was public transport. Agreed about traffic conjunction, but it's a million times worse in terms of inefficiency, pollution, cost, and space when everyone drives to work. The solution is to become more like Berlin, where dayjobs start between 8 and 12, preventing to a huge extent the 8 o'clock rush.

American tram infrastructure was literally bought out by automobile business, who then shut it down. Look up the General Motors streetcar conspiracy

Here in France the retard gilet jaunes love cars too much, everyone thinks this is a right, and it causes huge problems here in the south. The retard regional mayor of a vacation village decided that the solution to the traffic problem would be to remove a new bicycle lane - full retard honestly. Not that French people know how bicycle lanes work. The choice to spend 2 hours breathing in pollution in your car is stupid, when you could have gotten home in 30 minutes with trams in the 1920s. bring em back

t. never took public transport

>Here in France the retard gilet jaunes love cars too much, everyone thinks this is a right, and it causes huge problems here in the south.
have you ever taken a train here in the south? Or the bus? Are they not either full to the brim with working people/tourists or completely empty? Have you never had to sit next to a smelly nigger or an arab playing nasheeds at full volume from his phone because there were no other seats available?

Public transportation is good in cities, not in the countryside. Of course the countryside need cars..

You don't live near any of them, do you?

i'm going to shoot you for not being revolutionary enough faggot. you cannot stand in the way of progress with your faggot trains, human and rocket engine will merge directly. gulag for you.

this is the way public transport are in big cities.

Ok kid. The reality of my work is, I can’t bring a truckload of tools to work on a train.
Fuck you and fuck AOC.

I live in Marseille and the urban planning is full retard, honestly I work on top of a 200m hill in a suburb and live in the city centre, it takes me 40 minutes at peak traffic to cycle home from work. But with the traffic jam congestion it takes my colleagues on the bus an hour, and every couple of weeks they have to get off the bus and walk because it is at a standstill. It takes my colleagues by car an hour also, sometimes two in bad traffic, and I'm even faster than my colleagues on a motorcycle who take maybe 50 minutes.

Yeah I don't care about people with submedian IQs they can do whatever they want as long as they try and stop fucking the environment, obviously farming and everything is very important but countryside people have a much higher CO2 etc footprint. Honestly is it not the case that most people even drive into their nearby village? Sad

Yeah obviously Arab teenagers listening to shitty music, no TER is usually half empty when I take it, but I don't commute with TER. TGV / Ouigo is fine, bus is always shit of course, but that's because of bad budgeting and the fact that people don't know how to follow driving laws here and don't respect bus-only lanes. Buses are a shit tier solution compared to trams, Marseille used to have trams literally everywhere, along the corniche

What is your work? That could be true for plaster work etc (as if Americans hadn't replaced that with shit-tier drywall...) but I have moved mattresses etc on my bicycle, it's often the case that we just have very bad infrastructure from the 1950s, which is even less efficient in many ways than 1930s infrastructure. Look at the cargo bike habits in NL and DK, stunning

Just want to add that most people in the countryside were fine without cars until the 1960s

>Look at the cargo bike habits in NL and DK, stunning
its different here. Our country is just one big city, we dont have countryside so of course its way easier for us.
such thing might be doable for big cities and densely populated regions like bouches du rhone or ile de france but i dont think its doable in the countryside which shouldnt be a problem since most of your population is moving to the cities

Reminder for retards. When we say we want public transit, we are talking about CITIES, not rural saskatchewan or some podunk in wyoming.
If you live in a city you should be able to do 100% of your daily tasks without needing a car.
You do not need to connect the entire landmass of north america, every fucking shack in the woods and every meth farm in the desert, to public transit in order for someone in houston to get to their job in houston without needing a car to do so.

yeah sure. Plus its honestly not a bad thing to have some isolated territories remaining

based

>its full when people are going to work and coming home
wow who'da thunk it?
maybe then at least patronized times you run services less often
I ride public transit all the time
I'm not a neet incel autist so sharing a carriage with someone different doesn't bother me
Hi friend :3
Regional and interurban trains can go into the countryside
A big regional town can have tram network with 3 or 4 or 5 routes
Near what? Public transit? But I do
Ya need rail!
They can both do it

Regional and interurban will be running maybe hourly or maybe several times a day it depends on the demand
You can easily have Diesel Multiple Unit trains traveling at 160-200km/h providing a city with express services to big regional towns 100-400km away

And regional trains stopping at towns along a rural railway

And if the big regional town has a small tram network that could connect to the railways to provide supplemental services around the region to other towns, the Germans do this with tram-trains

Its not a 100% car replacement as requested here but it at least provides a viable alternative for people to make a CHOICE

>for people to make a CHOICE
>carfaggots talk about muh freedumbs
>give anyone who doesn't want to use a car no option but to slash their wrists or emigrate to bongland

This and i live in the Middle of Brittany

Welcome to city 17

Attached: Welcome.png (1258x1012, 3.44M)

It's astonishing how in 2020 we STILL represent new public transportation as bulky trains or buses, when we already have the technology to make automatized, single-unit carriers on rail. Personal rapid transit is the future of cities.
>rails can be built anywhere because they are cheap and lightweight (short distance from station-destination)
>you don't need the hazzle with organizing ''lines'' to cater needs for other people - the personal carrier goes directly where you want it
>they can even be built to go through fucking buildings (unlike shaking and noisy trains and buses)

The personal carrier resembles an electric motorcycle that has a seat and roof. All the autonomy and independence of owning a car, all the environmentalism and convenience of public transit. The car and train manufacturers HATE this.

Attached: personal rapid transit.png (750x421, 562K)

>proposing this when we don't even have functional lightrail
at any rate it's not a matter of adding more lines, it's a matter of urban planning so our cities have requisite density for transit to be viable and even walkability to improve. our sprawly shithole messes can't be efficiently hooked up to ANY transit.
Reminder if we didn't put all the budget into expanding cageways we could have had /fast/ lightrail all over the place by now. Replace every intraurban highway/parkway/freeway with lightrail. Problem solved.

Construction.
Any given day, it’s different. I’m working on my electrical license, but I’ve been a carpenter mainly.
You talk about one thing on your bike. I could handle one saw on my bike. Problem being I often need 3 saws. A flat saw. A circular saw, and a chop saw. This doesn’t account for tool belt, crowbar, materials, drill, impact driver, etc.
it’s nice you’re thinking green. The reality of my life is that it’s not possible to work and ride a train.

>Public transport is the future because in one small population area it looks nice and pretty
Jesus fuck leftists are retarded. You narrow down the picture to this tiny fragment and pretend like because your utopia works in this one very specific and controlled instance it will work when exposed to the inefficiencies of big government, the laziness of the general population and the overall greed of those in power. Will never work and isn't sustainable. Especially considering most people aren't insane and like having freedom of movement and when they want to go. Instead we'd all be restricted to the exact same fucking schedule only able to goto the exact fucking destination. So the people who don't want this would still need cars thus defeating the fucking purpose anyway.

Single unit carriers. So like a car but restricted to rail.
Rails can be built anywhere...like roads.
Why do you want to have this thing that gives someone else more control over you?

American cities used to be not too different from that. They just ripped it all up to build more lanes and parking lots.

Check out this site, it has amazing before-after pics of american cities when they were ripped up to build highways and parking space. Depressing af.
We euros simply didn't get jewed so hard by the (((auto industry))) because we're bad goyim.
iqc.ou.edu/2014/12/12/60yrsmidwest/

Attached: burger_city.jpg (500x334, 75K)

That's great and all, ya shit, but 1% of the workforce carries their own equipment around all day. What's the excuse for the average office working slob?
>bbbut a bike wouldn't work for my special snowflake circumstance therefore non-car transit is invalid for everyone

absolutely high quality post right here.

You dumb faggot we have trains ducking kys with your stupid bullshit already

t. Albert Rösti

>cherry picked picturesque pic
>not showing it snarling traffic with its 15mph max speed and stupid right of way laws.
gay

I don't think urban planners will fix it. They will fuck it somehow.

Americans might not understand this, but European cities are tight as pussy because they were not made for cars. We can't bulldoze down our city centers to make space for whatever mass transit systems.

>So like a car but restricted to rail.
A car moving 30mph in city requires roughly 150 square feet of space because they can't drive bumper-to-bumper. Most cars carry only one person. It's fucking bonkers that we live in cramped cities and every individual needs 150 square feet around himself when moving.

I'm not against cars. There's plenty of people for whom it wouldn't be practical to use personal rapid transit, even in cities. There would be MUCH more space for those car users if everyone who could would start preferring a functional, cheap and fast personal rapid transit.

>Why do you want to have this thing that gives someone else more control over you?
How would they have more control over me versus car ownership? My bank owns my car and I'm not allowed to drive my car if I'm drunk or I don't have a license.

>tram
>traffic
>what is right-of-way
wew lad.
But yeah pic related is much better.

Attached: traffic-jam.jpg (1025x684, 250K)

You got it plain wrong. It is actually the migrant from former colonies in France and from Turkey for Germany that build those infrastructures. Those were paid less than locals doing the same work, thus making those things affordable within the cold war.

>muh murrican cities were built for cars
"No!"

Attached: cincinnati_1955_vs_2013.png (1078x1064, 2.17M)

can you even afford a car paying for all those trams?
plus:
>walking to tram stations
id rather a car in my driveway.
enjoy!

>too lazy to walk 5-10 minutes to a tram stop
>check flag
makes sense I guess

Have relations with yourself. I’m driving my truck and there’s nothing you can do about it, window licker.

that's fan fucking tastic
I want to use a light rail, and muh FREEDOM of choice goes both ways, exhaust pipe huffing lardass.
Everyone involved in this destruction should be dragged out and shot.

In this picture we see roughly 80 people. Eighty-fucking-people taking all needing 15km2 or 150sqfeet. That's insane. They could all go MUCH faster, cheaper and comfier to wherever they need in small personal rapid transit system.

>another yupoor
>hating on american city infastructure
stay mad and stay there.

I'm not mad, I just pity your awful, degenerate lifestyle. No wonder you're the main peddlers of degeneracy in the west.

>>Either overcrowded or completely empty, ensuring HALF efficiency

ftfy m8, no need to thank me.

>trains for rural areas
Gosh I sure am glad we have this stop in the middle of nowhere and there is only one stop and its 20 minutes away from everyones house cause its the fucking countryside and not some far away houses in a spacey suburb. god commies are disgusting, let people drive, you are aware you can have busses/trains AND cars right?

He's lying tho, I've been to Switzerland many times and taken the train during off-hours, there's always a reasonable amount of people. I've never seen a train even close to "completely empty", except maybe late at night at some very secondary rail line.

>other user doesn't say anything about not letting people drive, but that there should be trains as well
>"we can't have trains, they're stoopid!!!"
>"you are aware we can have boh things right?"

Attached: brainlet11.png (1440x1557, 738K)

>That pic
Disgusting as fuck.

I almost want you faggots to get your way just so I can see what would happen after everyone has had their cars taken from them and the next major hurricane comes along and there is no way to evacuate everyone.

It's blackpilling to discuss with people.
>SO YOU'RE SAYING WE SHOULD BAN CARS?
These rootards don't get it that there would be less sitting in traffic and more parking if there was working mass transit systems.

wouldn't the emptier times also incentivize a rider to avoid using the train at peak hours if it wasn't necessary, thus relieving some of the crowding?

They need that strawman since they lack any sort of rational argument.
case in point see this absolute fucktard talks about people having their cars taken away, which literally noone itt ever suggested.

Attached: strawman.jpg (211x255, 21K)

>another lardass American carrying water for the jewish bankers

Attached: 1506809692652.jpg (659x938, 303K)

In the UK the boomtards are always wailing against cyclists, these dumb shits dont realise we literally don't have the space for more cars in london, bike lanes allow would be drivers a pleasant alternative that gives exercise

then the boombertard press wails on 'deres a war on are caaarss' Brexit now the EU WANTS TO TAKE AWAY ARE CARS N R FISH N CHIPS N RUIN ARE 'OLIDAYS TO MAJJORCA N IBIZA

ANDREW KAVANAAUUUUUUUGHH NAAUUGGGHHH NAUGGGGHHH IN DA HOUSE

Wtf OP how dare you post this picture on an AMERICAN imageboard, public transport is communist and the only way to be independent and manly is driving a truck or minivan with at least 6 wheels to every walmart you go to

Attached: br.png (359x501, 348K)

In any case I'm glad I don't live in muttland and don't have to depend on a jewmobile for absolutely everything. Our public transit is pretty meh for euro standards, and I still get by fine mostly without a car, but I still have one and use it maybe once or twice a week, certainly not every day, and if I didn't have it it wouldn't be tragic either.
Mutts think their cars mean freedom, yet they mean the exact opposite, they're trapped by them, they can only move about if they're physically able to drive (read up on old people being confined to their homes once they can't physically drive, minors have to be driven everywhere as well jfc), and they have to deal with the absolute mafia that are car dealerships.
And that in a country which not so long ago had the absolute best public transit in the whole wide world. And they threw it all out on Schlomo Shekelstein's orders. Unfathomable.

Pic related is the Pacific Electric railway in Los Angeles "le city build for cars" is such massive bullshit yet they all happily eat up those lies fed to them by Noseberg & Co.. Sad.

Attached: pe_map.jpg (2048x1495, 562K)

He actually clearly implies that when he says
>>americans prefer driving

>wanting to be trapped with other people
Horrible, I'd kill myself before using public transport. I've ridden busses, it is hell.

>strawman
>ignores 75% of my post to focus on 25% of it
interesting

Annies and ancaps always say the dumbest shit !

Yeah fuck you kike

Pretty sure most of that "Deconstruction" was likely ghetto my dude.

I get it, you probably got dunked on by everyone else cuz you're morbidly obese

Attached: lp375_looking_e_from_us54_31-may-2001_hres.jpg (1755x795, 241K)

>that pic
End it all pham, bring in the nukes

I got a great idea, what if you make a mass transit for CARS, so you can climb your car into a big tramway that takes you in your car to and from city centers where you can then drive to your home after hopping off. It's genious.

Reading Jow Forums lately makes me think im on reddit without the voting system

>hurricanes
idk man it's not like there's a shelter in walking distance or anything
idk man it's not like zipcar exists or anything
idk man it's not like we could repurpose the bus fleet for evacuation or anything
idk man it's not like hurricanes affect 5% of the landmass or anything
>i have to drive a car to work every day because...uh...HURRICANES
Okay. Any other straws you want to grasp at?

Is there a way I can emigrate to europe unironically? I'm tired of living in this cager hellhole. I don't see why my life should need be suffering just because my grandfather made the mistake of coming here.

No niggers

>evacuating like a pussy

Why are carfags such betas?

Don't you think, Comrade, that it would serve the state better if the rural citizen were moved into one of the cities? There is no reason for him to live on such a robust and unequal allotment of land. That land could better be used for the glory of the socialist republic!

>personal rapid transit system.
If your "public transit" could pick me up at my door and take me directly to where I want to be without having to see another human being during this trip then public transit would be okay.
Also, public transport(city trains and buses and shit) are for people living completely inside a shithole city. What if I live 5-10 miles outside the city but sometimes want to go into the city?

Beauty is truth.

I had a spastic fit of laughter with this

if i treat a leftist today i will spaz out panic attack and let it die. then sue for medical coverage for my anxiety.

>Mutts think their cars mean freedom, yet they mean the exact opposite, they're trapped by them, they can only move about if they're physically able to drive
Well said. Car society creates suburbs and ugly cities that are slow to move in rush hours.

A perfect system is one that combines independence, mass transit and affordability. That's the cuckmobile. That's a joke because of its size, but we genuinely have to stop this thinking that everyone and their asshole needs a Ford F-150 pick-up truck to move them from home to work.

Attached: cuckmobiles.jpg (1000x465, 210K)

Or, and I think we can all agree this is better, I could just have a car and leave whenever I want and go wherever I want instead of living by someone else's schedule?

>pic
what if you're very fat ?

I think a rapid transit system could incorporate that without problems. Obviously, most people would use small and light rented carts no bigger than a motorcycle, but those few who would pay a little extra could take their car and be provided with a chassis that would transport the car (and the passenger inside) from point A to point B.

Attached: personal rapid car transit.jpg (888x888, 94K)

it's unironically brilliant

>southern flag
>concerns about fitting his 500 lb frame into a "tiny" box that could only fit 2 regular sized humans
checks out. All fatasses get a bullet, because a rope would break.

I think the artist who made that picture is probably a small girl who doesn't have an engineering mind and understanding for specifications. Obviously, the minimum size of a personal rapid transport would be one that is at least comfortable for a 6'9 300lbs man. That would mean for normal people, a regular sized cart would have room for two smaller people and their luggage. Most people would obviously still use it alone, but maybe sometime with a friend or family.

There could be party or family sized carts too. Also carts with easy use for the disabled and elderly.

thank you both tho the finn checkum'd with his wiser answer

You have no idea how much I've wondered why we don't have this everything yet. It's so obviously brilliant and superior to any alternative system. Is it car company lobbies that assassinate everyone that tries to make one? I've no idea why we don't have these yet. These are not technologically complex. It's a fucking rail. The driving computer would be simpler than in modern cars. There's nothing hard or expensive about it.

We already have public transport in the city. Its shit.

it would run on a 3.58 MHz Z80 processor, it IS the car lobby , we must bankrupt them all