When does "You're still young, don't worry, you have time" stop being a valid response?

When does "You're still young, don't worry, you have time" stop being a valid response?

Attached: w2PpcQc.png (728x410, 290K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-cFObXDDVqI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

don't think about it just keep trying

Yeah i deleted my answer because this makes more sense,never stop believing user you are never too old to do anything creative and life changing!

The day you give up.

I'm not trying to do anything creating or life changing, I can't, I'm talentless and average in literally every regard.
I'm talking about finding love and myself, I'm 19 and I'm still in the 13 year old mode, I'm still looking for a first girlfriend, I still have no idea what to do with my life, I still haven't accept myself and got over my insecurities.

chill out you aren't in any race. the jouney of figuring yourself out (And you never will, fully) is a long one, it lasts your whole life and you take it one day at a time. so what if you don't have a girlfriend thats normal for that age. chill out get some perspective you're just a kid still

Its not hard man believe me,people all over the world are just as insecure as you,try to find something to do,even if you are average at it,try music, take a mic some people you find and start a band or something,also try painting,no one is shit at painting if they truly express what they feel,art is about expression no one is perfect user :)

Everyone around me seems mo collected and mature. I have no idea what to do with my life at all, I never had, life isn't a race but I still missed the starting gun.
It's hard to put something in perspective when all other people around you are ultimately better than you in every way.
>so what if you don't have a girlfriend thats normal for that age
It's not that I don't, it's that I never had one.

I'm kinda playing the guitar but I'm shit at it, I'm average at whatever I do.
No matter what the thing is there's always someone better in the room at that thing than me. I'm smart but not the smartest, I have okay grades but not the best...
There isn't something that I can say I'm truly good at.

25 and 30.

18+, you gotta get your shit together in high school or earlier or you'll spend the rest of your life chasing a ghost

Hey man why are you trying to make it a competition?stop looking at other people from the bottom up,look at them as if they are at the same level as you,also ask them for some helpful advice for anything you want to improve,like guitar,also dont think that school smartness means being smart,just like knowing a lot of facts from story or any subjetct doesnt make you smart,i have a lot of people in my class that act as if they are the bomb just cause they get A's and try to look at me from the up down,i simply give them the truth,they arent smart,if you just remember something for 1 day and then erase it from your memory after you said everything to the proffessor you are just a tool,a machine,do you really want to become like them?

Also like another user said try to find yourself and dont look st others and say i want to be like them

it isn't a competition BUT the one that has more experience ( in anything ) will most of the time come out on top, not directly competing but that's how it is.
I'm trying not to look at others but I'm constantly reminded of them being better and whatnot

I've been trying to build more of a stoic personality since I was like 15 and it does work, but only on the outside, inside it's eating me up.

"You're still young, don't worry, you have time" is appropriate for delinquent 15-16yos

17-19: I hope you graduated HS and worked a couple shitty jobs by this point, you're on the same path as most of your peers

20-21: Not too far behind in life, with a little effort and wise decision making you'll be caught up with everyone else and on the way to being successful

22-24: At minimum you're attending community college/learning trade/working in a labor union/studying something productive at home, by now you should own a vehicle (don't be *that guy* getting rides from their mom)

25+: START HAULING ASS, everyone you ever knew has already graduated and is employed/married/on track in their life, stop being a lazy shit and get moving. Ageism becomes real at this stage.

30+: Game over, you've blown all opportunity to save yourself, you're a worthless genetic dead end, your parents are evicting you from the neetshack and cutting you from the will, all the money and property will be transferred to your sister and her kids. If you're too dumb for a career in crime nothing short of the lottery or a global apocalypse will fix your situation. Suicide is your only option, better luck in the next life, user.

25 though realistically 20ish. No magical gate closs suddenly, it's falling as you pass teen years and if not running to get past it you're fucked Junior..

Attached: 1408682373433.jpg (409x409, 7K)

closes*

if you didn't lose your virginity before 19, it's over

It's never too late but it becomes harder as you age. It requires great amounts of willpower to catch up after 30 but I know people that have done it and completely changed the course of their lives. Do you really want it? Only you can answer your question

Don’t give yourself a deadline. I did that and gave up on life. Please always keep trying.

this is the only legitimate response, OP. Unless you're a woman, by age 25 you're fucked if you're not on the right trail.

Not OP here
Well, I'm 24, I have a semi-decent job, no gf nor college, I live with parents and I haven't lost those few KGs I always wanted yet.
How fucked I'm?

Guy who works in the recovery community here. I know literal crack addicts that turned their lives around when they where in their 50s. It's only too late when you are dead.

that depends on your goals

Getting a first girlfriend, losing virginity, moving out of my country, getting a decent job I like.

This. Yes there's a stigma at certain ages where society might view you negatively. But in reality, your life can be changed at any moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=-cFObXDDVqI

Same here, 18, don't know what to study, no one helped me find the profession, but this is my fault. Average grades, no talents, short attention span, so much wasted time in vidya and Youtube. Constantly lying friends and family that everything is under control, but it isn't. I'm literally still in the age 12 phase as you say - no identity, no gf, low self-esteem and No time left at all until end of high school. I just want to wait until summer, go to the beach and kill myself.

Literally the same here. Our school system desu sucks, if i can find an excuse. No carreer orientations, no college fairs, no help from teachers. It's just DIY , no one prepares you and everyone in my class is hastely preparing for stupid degrees they don't like probably. Through 10,11,12th grade i wasted my time with so much USELESS stuff like vidya, YouTube. Not even parties or girls... I have to create basic habits for myself from scratch, have to choose some stupid degree soon and fast and the problem is i'll probably not get accepted to anything. And so much kids even dumber than me are so fucking oriented, motivated and mostly likely going to succeed... me, I don't even know my talents

What do you mean by "chasing a ghost"?

It's not a valid response faggot

god damn all these 19 year olds that are like OH BOY ONE DAY I'LL BE AN OLD MAN AT 25 OH JEEZ OH BOY I WONDER WHAT LIVING IN THE FUTURE WILL BE LIKE

Attached: 30s.png (1280x1285, 290K)

Ideally you would want to live your life oblivious to this kind of idea. I think it's wrong to assume age is a huge factor in the areas where people strive for success in their lives. Sure, say in a professional sport where it's a game of milliseconds and inches, youth will be a great benefit. Age and wisdom are not to be overlooked though, just because someone is quick, does not mean they are quick in the ways necessary to be successful. Youthfulness is an advantage and it's a great strength to believe your youthfulness is never gone. Basically what people are saying to you is that even though you may feel down, unaccomplished, undeveloped that these things are easy fixes especially with time and therefore age. Basically, live in the moment, bolster your strengths, plant seeds for positive mental health and try not to get complacent, while you may feel young now, time waits for no-one.

Attached: 1547431060974.jpg (746x740, 89K)

I don't like that picture. Most the people were already conventionally successful and the kind of crazy success that picture is using to illustrates its point won't happen to most people.

Well there's also loads of people who got out of NEETdom or even out of prison sentences and went on to become carpenters or something when they were 35, but that doesn't make as much of a sexy graph now does it

Survivor bias but good for motivation

It never was it was just a dismissive response so the person you were talking to wouldn't have to face the misery you feel. If you are worried it is probably from something real but it may not be what you are worried about that is the cause of it.

This. In this state of mind you can't think about a deadline at least not as in something you need to reach in order to be happy. Try to think about how to improve your life today and tomorrow only. What happens when you think too far ahead is the time between now and the future becomes squished so that you project your present state onto your future self. All this does is make you feel more misery and hopelessness. Instead think about something you actually can control and change which is today and tomorrow.

tfw 29