28+ Thread

28+ Thread

Old Thread

Nobody still has given me advice on how to attract parakeets to my garden. I left sunflower seeds on the birdtable but they don't come over.

Attached: 28+.jpg (628x363, 47K)

>in b4 OH BOY FELLAS I'M 22 AND A HALF I'M SO OLD DAE HAVE PROBLEMS IN COLLEGE LIFE WAS SO MUCH BETTER IN THE 90s WHEN I WAS 18 MONTHS OLD

A thread died for no reason. The other one is still page one.

What I wouldn't give to even be 23 again.

Bait thread dying is of no consequence. The other one is reaching post limit.

If you think this place is that full of bait you should visit Jow Forums or simular.

I mean Jow Forums pretty much became Jow Forums-lite. There's always these basic bait threads

>virgin gf
>past sexual partners
>something to do with tattoos or haircuts
>Good Guys vs Bad Boys
>other incel bullshit
>threads that get reposted all the time like Two DUIs In A Small Town or I Don't Understand Why I Don't Have A Girlfriend Even Though I Don't Ask Girls Out
>something to do with cheating
>some political bullshit
>pretending to be femanon
>I'm going to confess to my crush tomorrow what kind of suit should I wear

People come here to troll when they can't handle the mile-a-minute rock and roll lifestyle of shitposting on /b/ like regular trolls.

Then there are pointless threads like when people have some sort of medical issue and they come here instead of going to see a doctor or when genuinely autistic people expect us to explain social skills and social intelligence to them.

Attached: ThisSucksMan.jpg (800x645, 41K)

And you're the famous niggerloving incel, I see.

The guy in the last thread was complaining about making $90k a year.
Meanwhile I'm 28, making $40k a year, and my menial service job makes me miserable.

What sort of career do I need to pursue to (hopefully) make 6 figures at some point in future? I don't mind going back to uni, but if there were a non-University option that would be preferable, because part-time work that could keep a roof over my head while studying is hard to come by at my age. That, and it'd just mean more student debt to repay.

Attached: D0DlDPfV4AMfOA-.jpg orig.jpg (1145x1571, 544K)

I'm neither one of those things, but I'm happy to see that just a pic of a black man on the internet's mongolian basket weaving forum is enough to trigger you. If you're really 28+ you ought to have a much thicker skin than that

>ThisSucksMan.jpg XD

Grow up, buddy.

I don't know if just making X amount of money should be priority numero uno.

I mean yes obviously having money and being able to own nice things is actually pleasant, I'm one of those people that does believe that money does buy happiness.

But where you spend 8 hours a day 5 days a week earning that money is also a huge factor in your happiness.

If money wasn't a factor, what would you want to be doing?

No clue, man. 100k for one income is a hell of a lot of money, I can't imagine there is anything you can simply start at to end up making that much as a matter of course.

Damn, you got me good

Web dev seems to be something. Why not check out the web dev thread on Jow Forums?

>If money wasn't a factor, what would you want to be doing?
I legitimately don't know. The idea of being happy at work is alien to me.
I've spent most of my life on welfare or student allowance and have never been able to afford any hobbies, except free stuff like reading. Hell last week was the first time I've ever been drunk, because I had friends over and had enough money to buy a bottle of vodka and the opportunity to actually imbibe enough to get to that point (alcohol is insanely taxed in my country, think 6x the price compared to the US).

100k is kind of arbitrary, I just want "walking around money". I've never felt financially independent, and it's part of why I've never dated/am a virgin- I never felt stable enough for a partner.

I am extremely bad at maths and the kind of thinking programming requires, but it's something I considered.

Thanks everyone. I may not be able to respond for a while after this but I'll get back to this thread in a few hours.

>Nobody still has given me advice on how to attract parakeets to my garden

>I legitimately don't know. The idea of being happy at work is alien to me.
Think about it then, and more importantly don't think of it as "work".

they dont come to gardrns alot. they stay in their big flocks in parks. do you even have a flock near you. put food outbut you wont get parakeets regularly. put out chicken though you may get kites.

There's a neighbours garden about 2/3 doors down where I hear and see the green parakeets fly to each morning. They have a tree though.

get a taller bird feeder. from experience ive seen them eatinh cherries in my garden but pjgeons love them too

>I've never felt financially independent, and it's part of why I've never dated
Damn, that's so beta. I just–I don't know what to tell you. Highschoolers, college kids with no jobs, people on welfare and public assistance all get laid and have relationships and shit. Money really has so little to do with sex it's crazy, especially when you're younger. Now that you're 28+ and people are looking to settle down more, NOW people will actually pay attention to it, lol. You were 20 years ahead of yourself.

>Now that you're 28+ and people are looking to settle down more, NOW people will actually pay attention to it, lol.

not him, but no not really. Most people 28+ would have a career and their finances in order so women aren't gonna be like "oooo look at this guy over there he has SOME MONEY omg let's marry him"

I turned 28 last year, and my depression came to lowest point I’d every felt. Two months ago I tried to take my own life, and I failed. I feel dead inside, I merely wake up just to try to get back to sleep as soon as I can. I just don’t know what to do anymore. Does it ever get better? Or am I destined to feel empty and worthless til my final breath?

Sorry for the delay.

But those kids that got laid in highschool, and those people on welfare and in college? They were probably fairly attractive and socially well adjusted, with side jobs and cars and stuff. I've been struggling with medical issues my entire life, big ones that border on deformity and that kill my self-confidence; I went to university with my lower-middle class parents paying my rent because I wasn't eligible for any assistance, and lived on a couple dollars a week for food; I couldn't even afford to pay for a girl's movie ticket or coffee while I was in uni- so I was in no position to date. And when the government cut the funding to the field of my degree, they kind of annihilated my future prospects before salting the earth. My degree is worthless.

So yeah I know. I know I've fucked up. But complaining is a waste of energy, and I'm trying to move on from there, but it's really hard because I need financial stability for any kind of personal improvement; I've been lurking Jow Forums the last couple weeks and people always say, oh just go to the gym and find a hobby and you'll meet new friends, but until very recently I couldn't even afford the gym hobbies. And my current job is only a 3 month contract, and all of the income from that (literally 100% after bills) is going to finally getting me braces to fix my teeth.

I'm prepared to slum it for a few years working up a ladder somewhere, but by the time I hit 30 I need to be on a solid career path. Loving my job is a luxury I don't think I can afford at this point.

Attached: 1537428353750.jpg (1662x1086, 196K)

K well even if you're right it has nothing to do with my primary point. Thanks for your useless post.

Okay now explain Jow Forums please unironicly you’re articulation with words is divine

>he said, on Jow Forums, being a complete nonce
Jow Forums has never been good. Jow Forums was literally created because >tfw no gf got so viral on /b/ that equal parts pity and fatigue brought Jow Forums to conception because it was just so much easier to put >tfw no gf over here and ignore it than it was to sift through it on /b/. Imagine, being so vacuous and vapid that even /b/ doesn't want you anymore.
Further from that, /soc/ was made because so many desperate loners need internet validation so if you're ever on Jow Forums genuinely seeking Jow Forums and feel shitty, just remember you're not on /soc/ levels yet.

But no, Jow Forums was never 'good.' We were just too young to realize it was the whole 'the same joke day in, day out, week after week, month by month, year upon year.'

And if you visit more than two boards you realize pretty quick that most of Jow Forums is just where shitposters go. On any other site they get ignored, banned or just laughed out of the place, while here on Jow Forums they can basically farm (You)s and do the 'any attention is good attention' avenue since each new thread is a different anonymous, a different pile of bullshit.

I don't know why literally every thread on Jow Forums can be summarized by your post but I can tell you this: it's never been any other way on Jow Forums. Your post summarizes all of Jow Forums all throughout its conception, plus or minus what /soc/ purged and where buzzwords are concerned.

>Okay now explain Jow Forums please
In my 12 years of Jow Forums I never once posted there. I used to care a whole lot about politics but this was before I even found about Jow Forums.

18 year olds that are into politics don't know anything about it and they're rarely moderates. They take it very personally because they're still trying to define themselves.

The internet is also the best at spreading ideas around be they good or bad ones which is why current year you have so many kekistan alt right kids and then also sjw college liberals. Those kids are also social outcasts for being fat and having shitty hair, facial or neckbeard, which is they then double down on identity politics cause they think they finally found a place they belong.

Finally, another person who sees the link between SJWs and all their parallels.

There's loads of people who see both sides of the circus act for what it is. Identity politics are a cancer that didn't even really exist like 15 years ago.

And just to throw my own subjective 2 cents in, I gotta say that alt right are worse. Their actually politics aside the problem is that they completely lack the self awareness that they themselves are literal sjws. They always bring up tbeir politics out of nowhere at any occasion and talk about fighting for their race or their culture or mens right's or whatever and that is them fighting for their own version of social justice. The reason why they hate the leftist SJWs so much is that it's pretty much holding up a mirror to them and showing who they are only the image if flipped. Sjw leftists on the other almost always recognise that they're annoying and they like own up to it.

>don’t care to post on Jow Forums
>flames make believe alt right kids
Hmmm

>make believe
Oh you're right I'm sorry alt right kids and the whole kekistan thing doesn't actually exist it's all make believe thanks for setting the record straight

based

Not everything on Jow Forums is a containment board you newfangled.

I hate pigeons, fat bastards eat everything. They even wait underneath the feeders where they can't reach any.

yeah ive seen pigeons eating crums off the floor from small birds eating above

What about attracting crows (or are they ravens)?

you want to attract them?

Yeah. I can get the magpies to come if I leave piece of fruit around. Crows/ravens(?) I'm not sure how.

>The guy in the last thread was complaining about making $90k a year.
>Meanwhile I'm 28, making $40k a year, and my menial service job makes me miserable.

Meanwhile i'm making 0 € at the moment and the best i can hope to earn in this yuro shithole is (maybe) 25k € / year, if i work 12 hrs a day, 7 days a week. Even if i'll learn to memecode, i wont make more than 36k/year, and even that will happen after 5 years of working as a code monkey (because juniors don't earn shit).

31 here. .

I'm losing my desire to do shit and becoming a very calm person. Where has my anger gone? Where has my passion gone?

You at least getting benefits?

chicken, cat food? shiny spoons

Is it just me or has bait gotten so much worse?

Or has the barrier between internet nerds and normal people been obliterated?

>Is it just me or has bait gotten so much worse?
Yeah it has

>Or has the barrier between internet nerds and normal people been obliterated?

What do you mean? It's just the opposite. Internet nerds are ten times more autistic than they were 15 years ago, normal people are still normal. These kids come here and troll people because that short little burst of pleasure that they get from getting (You)s is literally the only thing in their lives that they enjoy anymore and it's also their only form of human interaction. 15-20 years ago most nerds weren't even on the internet all that much.

You think that the people who troll on Jow Forums are cool-ass normies that come here to post pepes and wojaks before heading out to parties and clubs with their friends?

>based
You have to be 28 and over to post here

>You think that the people who troll on Jow Forums are cool-ass normies that come here to post pepes and wojaks before heading out to parties and clubs with their friends?

I don't get you, like at first I thought you were trying to lay down some sort of truth down to me that I wasn't willing to listen to, in the earlier threads a few months back but now, it seems like you genuinely think that old dichotomy of nerds and normies still exists.

What is it man?

I don't get what you're saying at all, and you're surely confusing me for someone else

what does trolling on Jow Forums have to do with the barrier between internet nerds and normal being obliterated? What does the latter even mean?

Attached: h73gcyzuwb7z.jpg (1080x720, 91K)

>you're surely confusing me for someone else
I probably am. Ignore the last post I made then.

>what does trolling on Jow Forums have to do with the barrier between internet nerds and normal being obliterated?
I don't know if people are trolling anymore on Jow Forums cos they're not like bait threads that used to be made back then.

of course people are trolling and of course it's different from trolling of 15 years ago but what does that have to do with "the barrier between internet nerds and normal being obliterated"? What does that even mean? How are you putting two and two together there

Like I said in my first post, do you think that it's "normies" that are doing the trolling on Jow Forums? What are you trying to say?

>What are you trying to say?
I'm thinking a lot of bait is not really bait.

Yeah probably, the shift in dynamics in 15 years is enough to change everything like threads where people ask about relationship advice and whatever isn't bait for the most part. Incels might see it as bait but that's only because they're the new ones here. There was always people talking about dating and relationships on 2000s Jow Forums

Is that what you're trying to say? Or were you referring to something else entirely with bait not being bait? You're speaking in riddles here

Not him but that looks right, it reads and stinks like bait but it's usually just someone emotionally backwards and distant.
It's a whole thing. I blame the internet being so prominent in their lives. Instant gratification is just their life now and they don't understand the gradual, building nature of relationships (both platonic and romantic).

>Is that what you're trying to say?
I think so. It doesn't matter anymore. I'm out of touch with everything these days anyway.

Sure there's a whole gray zone of people who are genuinely autistic or have some other form of crippling disability and they don't understand how social interactions work or whatever, of course it's not all bait

Why do all the men I date turn out to be perverted cuckolds and hot wifers? I want to find a man to become my husband, who will want to fuck me and keep me for himself. I'm tired of dealing with all these perverts that think it's hot if I get a bunch of random cock from strangers. It absolutely disgusts me. My body is for my partner and my future children. I want to keep it safe for them.

All right I guess. I mean it's not like early Jow Forums was full of cool-ass dudes that were all in relationships and one-night stands. of course there loads of people who were single virgins but they didn't reeeeee and post frogs when other people mentioned or talked about how they were going on dates and all that.

Even by the late 2000s/early 2010s things like tfw no gf and forever alone was still tongue in cheek and self-aware. The age of Kek has absolutely no self awareness whatsoever.

>Why do all the men I date turn out to be perverted cuckolds and hot wifers?

That's a very good question that you should be asking yourself, where are you meeting these dudes?

Work, OKCupid and Bumble.

what kind of workplace are we talking about

WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS HAPPEN ON EVERY +28 THREAD:
No, seriously, what's with the dot response.
For real
We have the right to know

Attached: alien_abduction.png (431x261, 13K)

It's a lazy bump.

I work at an office and part time at a tutoring center.

Shit man, I thought it was some kind of AI bot doing something cool. Or the Russians or something.

Attached: tipping in murika.webm (640x360, 2.14M)

Maybe making bot that periodically bumps these specific threads might be a project for a portfolio or something.

if you want to make 6 figures get into real estate. but thats a suckers market waiting for a bubble to burst... dont listen to grant cordone he is full of shit. remember trump was selling real estate long before cordone was
if you want "fuck you money" buy a lottery ticket otherwise you gotta earn it like everybody else. no escolators to the top gotta take the damn stairs.
sorry but thats on you. life aint gonna come knocking on your door
>>some effort required & batteries not included.
you learning to stop giving a shit. otherwise you die a bitter twisted lonely person. #sorrynotsorry
no its not you, too many failed comedians, because anytime you ask a normal question you get a stupid answers and stupid geek speak and trolling and debates on atheism and other bushit instead of an answer to the question you asked.
because you have to kiss a lot of smooth talking toads to find the prince. forget incels try metting at the library instead keep all your options open: you have heard of the internet? how do you know your husband isnt in a foreign country?

Attached: 8be27f6a2a4be15277464affba0dab53--chuk-norris-the-military.jpg (236x219, 12K)

Ah, old chuck norris memes (I remember it used to be vin diesel but that changed for some reason) and that old black and white format.

How lucrative is web dev as a career path? Is everyone going to be rushing into going to be a problem?

>if you want "fuck you money" buy a lottery ticket otherwise you gotta earn it like everybody else. no escolators to the top gotta take the damn stairs.
I think his question is asking more like, "What are some careers that someone (I'm guessing an autist) pushing 30 can pursue that will lead to a higher-than-average income within a few years"?

And to be fair I'm drawing a blank.

Bump.

How to get out of 9-5?

You don't.

be a NEET, win the lotto, sell drugs

walk out the door, don't come back.

Why?

It's definitely the easiest to get into if you're getting into software dev. There are different aspects of web development though. There are more front end based jobs, more back end, and some that combine both (full stack). There are also closely tied occupations, like QA testing or operations work. I don't see it being that oversaturated, but it depends on the path you take. I'd say first figure out what you like to do but also figure out what's in demand in your area, or an area you'd like to move to. Maybe there's a lot of back end jobs in your area but not front end, so focus more on that.

How long from scratch to employable? I've just started the freecodecamp that's recommended and each section claims it's 300 hours long for a total of 1800 hours.

Try a pay dating site or actually be selective on bumble. Okcupid is going to be a weird mix of people anyways.

That's pretty tough to say, there's a lot of variables there. I'm not too familiar with that site but it sounds like an overestimation honestly. I'm guessing those are estimates for a non-technical beginner. There are going to be tougher sections that take more time than others. I'd suggest going at the pace that works best for you. You don't want to rush through and not really understand the topics.

That user that wanted to be part of the furry fandom around?
How big has the fandom gotten? I saw some guy in his late teens or early 20s, wearing a t-shirt with wolf head on it in that distinct furry art style with "F U R R I E S !" underneath it, in a shite-ish part of Essex.

How fucking out of touch am I with what's cool? I only just started playing Fornite and it's just an FPS battle royale game.

Furries were the original internet hated party, and they learned that in their hated status there was strength, for they all shared a common cause
These days I love em, furries are great. Fun to talk to, usually open-minded and honestly more interesting in most fields than most other people. Nowadays they have huge networks and gatherings and clubs and they're literally everywhere.

I'm realizing how shady the vast majority of people that post on line are. If I could go back in time and undo one thing about my life, it would be to never discover the Internet. Talking to real people, social media should be the only way to use the Internet. And I say this as pretty much a shut in for 28 years

>about to turn 30
>working full time for 2 years now
>almost all of my friends have disappeared and i dont have anyone to talk to/hang out with

Is this normal?

Attached: 3352.gif (500x380, 1.58M)

I'm 28
Just this year finishing uni (I just worked after high school).
The problem is that I don't really want to work in the field my degree is about (computer engineering). I also feel I have not learned anything in these 4 years, and therefore havn't started to look for jobs. Because I don't feel I am capable to do any of them.
Plan to just take a few months off after uni to do nothing.
I guess I just wasted 4 years.
Go me!

>Nowadays they have huge networks and gatherings and clubs and they're literally everywhere.
I feel dread. Like society is going to enter some especially bizarre phase that there's no turning back from.

At least you had friends.

I'm still around. You should have asked him something.

>Fun to talk to, usually open-minded and honestly more interesting in most fields than most other people. Nowadays they have huge networks and gatherings and clubs and they're literally everywhere.
Fursuits cost like thousands, do you find them mostly to be high earners or are they like really varied?

Happens to a lot of people, but you better figure something out soon. You’re about the enter the era where everyone around is gonna settle down and/pr advance their career.

That's not a consolation, I don't get why fags like you think it is.

>Is this normal?
Yeap. I know majority of my *friends* that either have a mortgage, kids or married. Or all 3. And I'm happy if they are happy. Because I would take the mortgage and house over kids and married anyway honestly.

Attached: The Answer to it all.gif (700x495, 80K)

>Furries were the original internet hated party, and they learned that in their hated status there was strength, for they all shared a common cause
Like, do those weirdos even realise why they are/were disliked so much back in the days?

I guess it doesn't matter at this point when everybody is seemingly being sucked into fantasy-land. I mean, I see anime badges on literally everybody, everybody is on fornite, everybody was playing pokemon go in huge ass groups chasing after digital creatures, lip-syncing to dumb songs/audio ala numa numa guy is like thing to do these days, vtubers are getting enormously popular outside of japan, etc.

I can't tell if it's trend following or if reality is becoming unbearable for more and more people these days.

>Portland’s City Council Votes to Give Furries the Right to Defecate, Mate in Dog Parks

>Bo, a former kindergarten teacher and self-described furry rights advocate, told the Portland Tribune that he identifies as a dog. “It’s one thing to say you can’t bring your cat or your ferret or whatever to the off-leash areas because obviously they’re not dogs. But if I want to go to the park and play with my owner, well as a canine, that should be my right.”

>Now, thanks to the City of Portland, Bo and his fellow furries can take advantage of the city’s designated off-leash areas. “Provided they respect and adhere to the posted rules and regulations at our city parks,” said Public Affairs commissioner Dan Saltzman who sits on the city council and voted in favor of the resolution.

Has anyone else found that most people they know do not use their phone to text but just message elusively through social media on their phone instead?

I wonder if that's because one or more of the people they talk to most move far away eventually.

Attached: 1550975043317.gif (500x375, 109K)

>furries
>Cool

I get what you're saying but no. Just because something has tons of fans and followers doesn't mean it's cool. The notion of cool also got warped since originally coolness was dictated by MTV and before that it was magazines and whatever else. The internet just sort of opened the floodgates of being an outcast but still having a culture that you belong with. You can see obvious examples from the turn of the millennium with subcultures like mallgoths and later emo or pop punk and whatever else. It was around that time that video games also became popular for teens and adults with GTA III and Halo while before that it was for kids and Any one who still played Nintendo over the age of like 12 was a nerd.

Also fun fact. Remember insane clown posse? One of them has a like 12 or 13 year old daughter and she's a furry.

Occams razor. They message people on social media because they're already on social media. Why close the Facebook or whatever app and send someone a text when they can just send a message through Facebook while they're looking at their pictures?

Sorry just realized I said that about an underage girl. I don't mean that.

Yes. People have careers, marry, have kids and have less and less time for partying, video games and stuff.

You know what, I don't know anymore. I feel old and stuck in the past.

Attached: Grützner_Benediktinermönch_mit_Wein_beim_Frühschoppen.jpg (4812x6318, 3.94M)

Yes the Russians want the bump limit reached super fast and assholes want to kill the catalog with these generals too all over Jow Forums so they have two up at once before the last one died too. The RUSSIANS are KILLING thread velocity and board quality. Those damned RUSSIANS

It's a retard bumping like he said. It never happens when actually warranted to save from an archive.

>"one of them has a like 12 or 13 year old daughter and she's a furry"

>>"I bet she lifts her tail for all the studs at the cons"

Deleting is futile. Fuck your censorship.

You know you meant it. You think some weeb that grew up watching loli online won't lift the tail for the Chad's at the cons?