Ok anons, what are your coping methods for existential crises...

Ok anons, what are your coping methods for existential crises? I've been experiencing this shit for like 10 days at a time now. every hour feels like a relentless atttack on my body and mind and i have zero motivation to do anytihng because i'm constantly reminded of questions that begin with 'why?'. how do you cope...?

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 7K)

I drink

Antidepressants.

tried to get help, mother said get over it. oh well

underage and it takes like 2-3 weeks to make my own again with cautious effort too. cba

Attached: mr natural.jpg (659x346, 95K)

thanks, very helpful

Paying my rent and eating keeps me motivated enough. Only privileged people who haven't truly suffered deal with such trivial shit like 'motivation to do anything' as a serious issue. Life is a grind for nothing with no reward at the end, but god damn, it beats sleeping in my car like I've had to do in the past.

You don't see many people on the street for 'depression,' and when you do, they aren't there for long. People like us have a knack for working just hard enough not to really suffer.

The raw brainpower of philosopher's who've dealt with existential crises themselves. Read some existentialist philosophy

This.

Also talk yourself through the crisis' OP. Rationalize and understand them and they won't hold power over you. Read some Stoicism to understand that.

>mother said get over it
damn didn’t know your mother was a licensed psychiatric professional

>mother said get over it.
There's your problem. Your mother sounds like she has no empathy that probably fucked you up as a child. I have a feeling you do believe in something user and you already know it deep down but you went through enough crap in life that you developed depression. You need to overcome that as best you can get help if possible but help should be a human being that has empathy for you not drugs.

>You don't see many people on the street for 'depression,'
Yes instead they have schizophrenia user. Mental health is the most important part of your life.

yeah maybe i am just super /privileged/

maybe. she's nice though, i think it's just her mindset and how she was raised. part of the problem is nobody is ever taught how to raise a child through state education. she cleans up for me, feeds me, gives me clothes, warm bed and spoils me quite a lot. It might seem nice but i've always been told im "smart" or "bright" almost every day of my life and rarely find anything challenging. now that i have to do shit for myself im realising i have no self discipline and cannot force myself to do tasks without a strong musical beat and ever increasing amounts of caffiene. i even asked her to let me try doing everything myself and she told me i will just fail to do anything so why bother. I feel like i'll never be able to do anything myself or create things that the world wants and needs. also being told im "smart" at something rather than telling me "you did good this time" or "you put lots of effort in well done" has screwed my motivation. I feel like every question i ask myself always results in more questions that eventully lead to "idk". I've formulated an almost valid plan for running out and seeing how i'd fare against the real world. things like flying to another country or whatever. The only problem i can forsee is updating my passport without my mother finding out so i can just leave and finnaly feel like im worth something.

anything you'd reccomend?

You are if an existential crisis is all you've got to deal with.

I take a spiritual perspective. I suspect there's a real probability that I've lived hundreds of thousands of millions of different lives before. This life isn't my first rodeo and I'm here to learn and to teach others what I've learned. Just as you are here to learn and eventually teach. We learn and grow as a whole. The thing we call God is us in that just as all life is God experiencing reality through each life's unique perspective.

I'm here to live that life and to enjoy it while I have it. When I'm done, I'll go back to source and respawn in 3...2....1.... and start all over again.

>believes in reincarnation
kek.

>I suspect there's a real probability that I've lived hundreds of thousands of millions of different lives before.
This idea weakens the concept of personal identity so much that you might as well claim that I am you living another life.

sounds painful, and no matter what i tell myself or distract myself with i'll always end up at square one.

I agree but i came here for advice on a problem. and it seems wrong of you to assume that is my only problem.

"belief" is a strong word. I said I suspect. Just as I also suspect that the reality is that we're probably all here by evolutionary accident and there's nothing before or after life and that we're all gonna die alone and go back into darkness just like we were never here. I just like the reincarnation idea better because it gives me foolish hope.

Not to be that asshole, but this is one of those things that will get better with time. Getting old and being old is very tiring and draining, you still deal with these thoughts but you adapt the “meh” attitude to it all.

Not being ambitious is fine. But you should be motivated enough to have money to have a place to stay and food to eat. Then from there you can just fuck all, which is incredibly freeing.

>you might as well claim that I am you living another life.

Well, isn't that exactly what I'm saying? I'm you too. Hitler was us. Jesus, if he really existed, was us too. We're all the same soul experiencing reality through different perspectives and lives and times. Treat your neighbor as you would want to be treated, because you are your neighbor. Your neighbor is you. Every good and horrible person that's ever lived on this planet is/was us. God created the devil himself - which means that God was/is capable of some really bad shit too.

good and bad are social constructs to keep us in line so our miserable species doesn't go extinct. can we please stay on topic? everything is relative to the perspective you view it from.

I just stabbed you in the penis. How could that not be understood in ANY society as "bad"?

>how do you cope
I overcame it.
It's phylosophy, think a little or read someone who as already done all he thinking for you.

>Well, isn't that exactly what I'm saying?
Might be. It's not a neccesary conclusion from your words.

But why do you have to resort to mental contortions to motivate being good to someone "because they are you"? The more obvious hypothesis is that they are not you. Why can't you be good to them anyway, just for goodness sake?

you've never heard of bdsm?

>Why can't you be good to them anyway, just for goodness sake?

And that is sort of what binds it all together. Being a good person to myself and to others without promise of a cosmic reward. Christians expect an award at the end. As so all other organized religions.

What if no matter WHAT the ending is, we just be cool with other people. Whether I or anyone else on this plan is right or wrong, how can being a good human being be a bad legacy to have? It isn't. If I'm wrong- I was still good to you and did what I could to have a positive impact on you. If I'm right, then cool, I was right.

Morally and spiritually speaking, it's not a bad stance to have.

Marcus Aurelius
"You have power over your mind - not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength."

There are two things in your life. The ones you can control and the ones you can't. Accept the ones you can't and they stop bothering you.

start reading some books about this topic

Attached: 1385678847049.jpg (1462x1750, 211K)